Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

No different to any other virus in the longterm. I had flu last July. Didnt eat for 9 days. I dont think this Coronavirus is any worse than that. I had measles, mumps and chicken pox as a child. 

I've been to war at 19yrs old. My attitude maybe blase and flippant to many. It's just the way I'm made. I'm 57 years old next month. I wont be changing. I also think in this day and age of 24hr news outlet, they need to fill space and time. So they kick the arse out of stories and sensationalise ad nauseam. I dont believe all I read and only believe half of what I see. 

How come your posts are showing in a strange way?

Or is it just me?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Or is it just me?

No idea

Stendelnator

In the event of us being unable to complete the season, I believe the FoH should defer payments to Budge and send them to the club directly to make up for the lack of match day revenue. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Stendelnator said:

In the event of us being unable to complete the season, I believe the FoH should defer payments to Budge and send them to the club directly to make up for the lack of match day revenue. 

Budge is paid off. All that remains is the share transfer.

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

As Geoff mentions, all paid off.  Might need the money for a legal challenge though.

Edited by Poseidon

4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Budge will be fine. I know she's old but she's got loads of money and family and friends who are all earning. Others need the money more.

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Or is it just me?

It's not just you.  It looks like there has been a change to the default fonts/colour and formatting has been affected.

I've been getting some posts offset to the left of the screen. (I use Google Chrome as my browser)

X6g98uh.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

Wow  the thread I started has a massive response, I have not looked in since I started it.

I have done a few stats on northern Italy  -  Lombardy.  

In perspective only around 0.072 percent of elderly northern italians have the virus and died over 65. IF you want their chances that's 1 person in 1300 has died of the virus in the worst affected territory in the world at this time who are over 65.

The  odds of catching the virus here  are still very remote - at present.  I'd hope matches can continue as normal though in some circumstances .

59 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's not just you.  It looks like there has been a change to the default fonts/colour and formatting has been affected.

I have been getting some posts offset to the left of the screen.

There must be some HTML tag that is incomplete somewhere as every thread there is a few posts that go like this

[/b] etc

Lord Beni of Gorgie

First German player down with the virus...…..

……..plays for Hannover, hope we haven't been visiting on recent trips to Germany!!!

davemclaren
42 minutes ago, kila said:

There must be some HTML tag that is incomplete somewhere as every thread there is a few posts that go like this

[/b] etc

Spot on. 

Footballfirst

Club statement

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-update-on-covid-19

The Club is closely monitoring the advice from the UK and Scottish Governments and Health Authorities in relation to the Corona Virus (COVID – 19). 

Supporters will have noticed informational posters on hand-washing and sanitisation at Tynecastle Park - hand washing is seen as a key part of stopping the spread of infection and it is all of our responsibility to ensure that we do this.

Hand sanitisers will also be added to each end of the concourse and toilets will continue to be stocked with sufficient supplies of soap and towels. For the most up to date guidance on best practice when washing your hands, please CLICK HERE.

Currently, forthcoming fixtures are not affected, but it is crucial that if any supporter has any Upper Respiratory Tract symptoms (such as a cough, breathlessness, sore throat etc), they must not attend any match until they have had their symptoms properly medically assessed.

The Club is also taking the following measures with immediate effect for the health and well being of our players and fans:

- There will be no player appearances, hand shaking or shirt signings with the team;
- We are suspending our Children’s Mascot Programme for the next month as the advice is that only the teams and officials should be on the pitch (those who have bookings in place will be contacted directly by the Club;
- There will be no handshakes between teams or officials.
- The Club will continue to take guidance from the Scottish FA and SPFL joint task force, the UK and Scottish Governments and Health Authorities and will update supporters with any further developments.

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great post.  They do have to move on from one crisis to another; for the entire year past, we were warned about food shortages, flight cancellations and lack of medicines due to Brexit, lorries parked up etc. Now we're on to something else and, although it may change, we are talking about a few hundred people in the UK and 100k worldwide. It's a lot of people but tens of thousands of people in the UK are dying of Sepsis and cancer each year and it gets pushed on to the back burner. Just a few weeks ago the Daily Mail were spearheading a campaign for men to get checked out for prostate cancer. Now, it's forgotten.. despite killing far more people in the UK than this passing virus will. For epidemiologists etc, this is their World Cup Final  Open Golf and Wimbledon rolled into one so, yes, they want to exaggerate its relevance. 

I might be slow on the uptake, wouldn't be the first time, but I don't see what figures relating to sepsis, cancer, the flu, etc etc have got to do with what is currently happening? Those figures place no abnormal pressure upon the health service within any country with an above average HC system.  It's what hospitals have been dealing with since I was born and well before that too.  Granted, you can and do get the odd flu epidemic, but you know, the NHS manges to cope.  Those conditions/diseases are the norm.  Add a new virus into the mix that has a 18-20% critical/serious count, then any HC system in the world will start to crumble.

The actual death rate for this virus isn't the worrisome part.  It never has been and it is what it is.  It's the numbers requiring hospitalisation that causes the real issue. So much so, hospitals within the epicentre in Italy are now utilising a triage system that is employed during wars.  The HC system in Northern Italy is also arguably better than most of our own HC across here.

So yeah, those sepsis, cancer etc numbers will still happen, but they too will rise once equipment and resources become thin on the ground and doctors are the ones left to decide who they treat and who they don't. Like i said, this is actually happening in the worst hit areas within Italy at this very moment.

Lets be clear about this, Italy have done what they have done to keep their HC system afloat. Everything else is secondary.

Edited by BlackJAC?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Alva-Jambo said:

Wow  the thread I started has a massive response, I have not looked in since I started it.

I have done a few stats on northern Italy  -  Lombardy.  

In perspective only around 0.072 percent of elderly northern italians have the virus and died over 65. IF you want their chances that's 1 person in 1300 has died of the virus in the worst affected territory in the world at this time who are over 65.

The  odds of catching the virus here  are still very remote - at present.  I'd hope matches can continue as normal though in some circumstances .

We've had the answer to your original question in the thread title anyhow. No, games won't continue in countries hit hard by the virus as we've seen with Italy now suspending all games for a few weeks.

I think seasons are just going to get extended to fulfil fixtures, and closed door games are probably inevitable for us like other countries.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Getting worse:

The World Health Organization on Wednesday declared the rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, acknowledging what has seemed clear for some time — the virus will likely spread to all countries on the globe.

Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the situation will worsen.

“We expect to see the number of cases, the number of deaths, and the number of affected countries climb even higher...

Heres Rixxy
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

We've had the answer to your original question in the thread title anyhow. No, games won't continue in countries hit hard by the virus as we've seen with Italy now suspending all games for a few weeks.

I think seasons are just going to get extended to fulfil fixtures, and closed door games are probably inevitable for us like other countries.

The extension could run into the Euros though depending on how long? Otherwise there may be teams needing to play 3 times a week to clear the backlog for cups etc. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Heres Rixxy said:

The extension could run into the Euros though depending on how long? Otherwise there may be teams needing to play 3 times a week to clear the backlog for cups etc. 

Yeah, the Euros is another thing. It could easily be cancelled if the virus still isn't under control. If not, games could just continue during it but some teams will be depleted like teams with African players often are during the African Nations tourney.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Be a good time for Norway & Serbia to get a horrific breakout...

:look:

It would be very Scottish for us to finally qualify for a tournament and it gets cancelled!

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

4000 Athletic Madrid fans in Liverpool tonight, Utter Madness! 

Edited by Nucky Thompson
Double post

Nucky Thompson
21 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Why? There is no flight bans between the UK and Spain

Walter Bishop
30 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why? There is no flight bans between the UK and Spain

Madrid is on lockdown and they cant go to matches at their own stadium! We let them come here though??

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Madrid is on lockdown and they cant go to matches at their own stadium! We let them come here though??

Couldn't agree with you more, this is utterly ludicrous.

26 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Most of them live in London anyway.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Mental.

Monday and flights were cancelled from Milan to Edinburgh  but now they’re allowed.
Arsehloes.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Getafe not travelling to Italy. Europe needs to pull the plug

It would appear that no one has the stomach to make difficult decisions.

Whether it be governments or football authorities .

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Totally agree and add the Leverkusen fans tomorrow night. Nothing adds up in terms of how this is being dealt with

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Trump appears to be taking this a bit more seriously now. Might be the catalyst that pushes Boris into action

Trump may well contract the virus considering he's been in contact with someone who has it. Fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Trump may well contract the virus considering he's been in contact with someone who has it. Fingers crossed. 

Boris in the same boat

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Totally agree and add the Leverkusen fans tomorrow night. Nothing adds up in terms of how this is being dealt with

Has international travel been banned to the UK? No. So why shouldn't Leverkusen or Atletico fans travel?

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Trump appears to be taking this a bit more seriously now. Might be the catalyst that pushes Boris into action

We’ll they’re both cheeks of the same arse.

Absolute Scenes

Don’t know if anyone has posted already but someone in Oriam has contracted Coronovirus and it is currently on lockdown. Don’t know what that means for hearts training etc. This could be the game the defined the season tonight. Come on hearts

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Has international travel been banned to the UK? No. So why shouldn't Leverkusen or Atletico fans travel?

Common sense wouldn't go amiss

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Jeff said:

Common sense wouldn't go amiss

Common sense also shows that most countries are in containment phase. So if you had had no contact with anyone who is infected, nor have you been in situations that you have increased your risk (e.g. travel from countries now in lockdown) there is no more risk being carried by these fans than any of the home fans attending the games,

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Common sense also shows that most countries are in containment phase. So if you had had no contact with anyone who is infected, nor have you been in situations that you have increased your risk (e.g. travel from countries now in lockdown) there is no more risk being carried by these fans than any of the home fans attending the games,

We are at a stage where it's impossible to call who has had contact with it. Over 500 new cases in Spain today and just under 2000 in Italy and that's only counting people who took tests. Both countries have failed the containment phase regardless of what their government says.

All flights should be stopped

Edit - just over 2000 Italian cases today

Edited by Jeff

Guest ToqueJambo

There's a new virus running riot in mainland Europe while being largely contained in the UK. I know, let's allow unrestricted mass travel - contradicting all the "social distancing" advice - from countries that have outbreaks. Genius!

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

We are at a stage where it's impossible to call who has had contact with it. Over 500 new cases in Spain today and just under 2000 in Italy and that's only counting people who took tests. Both countries have failed the containment phase regardless of what their government says.

All flights should be stopped

Edit - just over 2000 Italian cases today

Has this been called for by anyone who is responsible for managing the outbreak? Not that I am aware of.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

There's a new virus running riot in mainland Europe while being largely contained in the UK. I know, let's allow unrestricted mass travel - contradicting all the "social distancing" advice - from countries that have outbreaks. Genius!

There is one country in lockdown in Europe. One.

Here, travel is only banned to Korea, Iran, China and now Italy. Demand for air travel has already fallen significantly in any case.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There is one country in lockdown in Europe. One.

Here, travel is only banned to Korea, Iran, China and now Italy. Demand for air travel has already fallen significantly in any case.

Not against travel, just not sure this kind of mass travel for a football game is the best idea right now.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Has this been called for by anyone who is responsible for managing the outbreak? Not that I am aware of.

Do I think they are competent? Absolutely not.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Do I think they are competent? Absolutely not.

Maybe you could share your credentials then?

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not against travel, just not sure this kind of mass travel for a football game is the best idea right now.

By the same logic, the number of Hearts fans landing through to Paisley tonight wouldn't be a good idea either.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

By the same logic, the number of Hearts fans landing through to Paisley tonight wouldn't be a good idea either.

Madrid is in lockdown. Edinburgh is not.

53 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe you could share your credentials then?

What's your angle here? Would you rather it spread like wildfire?

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

What's your angle here? Would you rather it spread like wildfire?

My angle is that you have declared the UK government and the experts advising them as incompetent so I'm asking on what basis you can claim that? Do you have any expertise in infectious diseases, for example?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

My angle is that you have declared the UK government and the experts advising them as incompetent so I'm asking on what basis you can claim that? Do you have any expertise in infectious diseases, for example?

Our figures are above many countries in Europe who are in the process of locking down. We are accepting flights from locked down areas. I don't need credentials to know something isn't right