• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Went to see Mason Hill tonight with @Jingle Bells 

What a bloody brilliant gig. With a bit of luck these lads can go all the way.

@marc1874 what a fantastic show. Thank you

Cheers for suggesting it, DiB.

A fine Scottish Band and also a good night oot.

I'll deffo buy their new Album when that eventually comes out. 

23 hours ago, JamboMarc said:

Cheers guys!! Absolutely loved it last night! 🤘🏻

Thanks Marc (and the rest of the Band) for what was a brilliant gig.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

the original dalry llama

This week's gigs for me:

Tonight - The BellRays at the Voodoo Rooms
Wednesday - Stella Donnelly / Albertine Sarges at Mono in Glasgow
Friday - R Denham / Muscle Vest / Deep Filff at Sneaky Pete's
Saturday - Hailey Beavis at Summerhall
Sunday - Either the SIRENS Alldayer at Classic Grand / Audio in Glasgow or Hen Hoose at Sumerhall

Got tickets to the motley crue and def leppard gig next year. I thought about getting tickets to the Paramore tour next year as well but the ripoff Ticketmaster dynamic pricing has standing tickets at £175 each.

Was contemplating getting Muse tickets and taking my daughter, but their latest album is cack, as were the two of three previous ones.  They really are a rinse and repeat act.

willie wallace

Going to see the Tedeschi Trucks Band at the 02 in Glasgow on Thursday.

Started listening to them because of the Allman Brothers connection and Derek Trucks reputation as a top guitar man.

Looking forward to it.

31 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Started listening to them because of the Allman Brothers connection and Derek Trucks reputation as a top guitar man.

Looking forward to it.

The same reason I started listening to them. Susan Tedeschi is a great singer and no bad guitarist herself...

1 minute ago, Henry. Henry. said:

2 of Pulps reunion gigs next year.  Bridlington and Sheffield 

That sounds like a good night.

On 02/11/2022 at 09:47, The Natural Order said:

The Damned of Friday,

OCS next month,

Maiden, Springsteen & Graveyard next year.

What did you think of The Damned? 

willie wallace
2 hours ago, Daktari said:

The same reason I started listening to them. Susan Tedeschi is a great singer and no bad guitarist herself...

She is indeed.

Biffy Clyro last night at the Hydro was a great show, not a s good as the Big Top in the summer but still great.

Hopefully, the Big Top gigs return next summer 

feedtheroman2

Anyone been to or fancy Rock am ring next year?

Potentially gonna go alone at this rate but wow, the line up looks amazing!!

the original dalry llama

My gigs up until the end of November:
12/11/2022    The Great Western Festival
16/11/2022    Beach Bunny at SWG3
18/11/2022    Katie Malco at Sneaky Pete's
19/11/2022    Kapil Seshasayee at Summerhall
21/11/2022    Lydia Lunch & Marc Hurtado plays Suicide and Alan Vega at the Caves
23/11/2022    TVAM at Sneaky Pete's
24/11/2022    Redolent at the Biscuit Factory
25/11/2022    Ruts DC & TV Smith at the Liquid Rooms
26/11/2022    Girls Rock School Edinburgh Winter Showcase at the Wee Red Bar
28/11/2022    Stereolab at the Liquid Rooms

The Natural Order
9 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

What did you think of The Damned? 

I thought they were excellent. Some odd song choices but seeing the original line up was far better than the current line up that I seen a fee month's ago.

2 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

I thought they were excellent. Some odd song choices but seeing the original line up was far better than the current line up that I seen a fee month's ago.

I watched a lot of the YouTube footage from all 5 gigs.  They were a bit rusty on the 1st night,  probably due to not rehearsing much at all.  But they improved a lot as the gigs progressed.  Cap is a hugely underrated bass player,  including by himself.  Scabies still a terrific drummer,  despite hardly ever playing.  Dave Vanian gives me the fear with his crooning vocal style that doesn't suit Brian James' songs at all.  Sadly Brian James does not look a well man.  I gather he had some kind of operation on his lungs a while back and I've seen suggestions he has other problems.  He can still fire out his familiar bluesy punk riffs though.

The Natural Order
6 hours ago, Victorian said:

I watched a lot of the YouTube footage from all 5 gigs.  They were a bit rusty on the 1st night,  probably due to not rehearsing much at all.  But they improved a lot as the gigs progressed.  Cap is a hugely underrated bass player,  including by himself.  Scabies still a terrific drummer,  despite hardly ever playing.  Dave Vanian gives me the fear with his crooning vocal style that doesn't suit Brian James' songs at all.  Sadly Brian James does not look a well man.  I gather he had some kind of operation on his lungs a while back and I've seen suggestions he has other problems.  He can still fire out his familiar bluesy punk riffs though.

Yeah, Brian James seemed a bit withdrawn. The only slight issue I found was that their sound man isn't very good. I felt you were loosing Vanian's vocals at times. If you get your hands on a copy of the CD they produced on Friday the sound is far better and you can really hear how good a vocalist Vanian still is.

On 07/11/2022 at 19:34, willie wallace said:

Looking forward to it.

The South will rise again, Willie!

Stunning performance by Sigur Ros at the Armadillo last night. Slightly miffed that they didn’t announce the Edinburgh date (tonight) at the time the tour was originally announced otherwise would’ve got tickets for that. If you’re going tonight, enjoy.

7 hours ago, Jibbers said:

Stunning performance by Sigur Ros at the Armadillo last night. Slightly miffed that they didn’t announce the Edinburgh date (tonight) at the time the tour was originally announced otherwise would’ve got tickets for that. If you’re going tonight, enjoy.

I didn’t realise they were playing until today, popped onto the Usher Hall website and there were 3 tickets left. Then I clocked they were £60!! I didn’t go. 

Edited by Tazio

Shocking prices for gigs these days. I think we got our tickets for just over £40, which is more than plenty. I suppose that’s how bands have to make their money now.

Edited by Jibbers
Bad grammar

Australian Pink Floyd at the Usher Hall at the end of the month. I haven't been to a gig for a lot of years but I got tickets from my son for xmas last year. Not really sure what to expect but they must be a pretty good tribute band to go off on world tours so looking forward to it.

42 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Australian Pink Floyd at the Usher Hall at the end of the month. I haven't been to a gig for a lot of years but I got tickets from my son for xmas last year. Not really sure what to expect but they must be a pretty good tribute band to go off on world tours so looking forward to it.

They're superb at what they do, and I think are licensed by PF to use official graphics.  But I can't help but think that it's a helluva expensive ticket for what is essentially a tribute act,

19 hours ago, Jibbers said:

Good gig last night at the Usher Hall.  Landed front row tickets too.

On 15/11/2022 at 16:44, Jibbers said:

On 16/11/2022 at 12:23, frankblack said:

Good gig last night at the Usher Hall.  Landed front row tickets too.

Saw them in the Point (or whatever it's called) tonight.  Really good.  First time I've seen them indoors.

3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Saw them in the Point (or whatever it's called) tonight.  Really good.  First time I've seen them indoors.

Setlist was heavy on the untitled () album, which I don't feel is one of their stronger records.

I prefer Ágætis byrjun, Takk, and Kveikur.

Saw Pavement a couple of weeks back, got Stereolab and Mogwai coming up. Seems like all the bands I see these days are from the 90s!

On 16/11/2022 at 11:06, Jibbers said:

Shocking prices for gigs these days. I think we got our tickets for just over £40, which is more than plenty. I suppose that’s how bands have to make their money now.

If you think that's bad look at the secondary market for Taylor Swift's US tour. Mental prices and a lot of pissed off fans that can't afford it.

Apparently my cousin has bought me a ticket for Blur at Wembley next July...only trouble is I was hoping to go to some dance frstival in Croatia that weekend. 🤔

8 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Saw Pavement a couple of weeks back, got Stereolab and Mogwai coming up. Seems like all the bands I see these days are from the 90s!

Where are Stereolab playing? 

On 16/11/2022 at 10:06, Jibbers said:

I ended up having to go for cheapish(!) Peter Gabriel tickets.

There's two bucket-list gigs on in London next year but the price, added to the travel, is eye watering.  :(

£22.50 to see BJM in Edinburgh is a ****ing steal, tho but I'm still worried the gig in Barrowlands would be better and want to go to both, apart from being a bit burnt out at travelling to the weeg so oftenn. The first gig BJM played in Barrowlands (that I attended) was near 3 hours straight with no support, it was absolutely sublime.  

Hydro 06/12

alter bridge

halestorm

mammoth wvh

mainly going for halestorm 

Edited by jambosean75

Saw Shinedown in Glasgow last night. Superb as they always are. Great night and given the size of venues they usually play was a surprise to see them play a smallish venue (Academy). Loved it

Edited by 1971fozzy