Darth Sidious

The Who, Hydro

Illegal Eagles, Dunfermline

Joe Satriani, 02 Academy

Crowded House, Hydro

Guns N Roses, Glasgow Green

Post Malone, Glasgow Green

Craig Gordons Gloves

Got tickets for the New Order/Pet Shop Boys Unity tour in the states in September, both bands alternating who headlines and both playing full sets. It's at the Armory in Minneapolis which is a great venue. Also, going to see Elton John in June, since he'll be deid soon enough. 

3 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Got tickets for the New Order/Pet Shop Boys Unity tour in the states in September, both bands alternating who headlines and both playing full sets. It's at the Armory in Minneapolis which is a great venue. Also, going to see Elton John in June, since he'll be deid soon enough. 

I'm going to the New York show of the PSB/New Order tour. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Gigs you are going to
Kalamazoo Jambo

Finally at a gig that was rescheduled from 2020 (or was it 1985?) Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Poison, Motley Crue and Def Leppard at Wrigley Field. Full on hair metal extravaganza :laugh2:

Dirty Deeds
9 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Finally at a gig that was rescheduled from 2020 (or was it 1985?) Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Poison, Motley Crue and Def Leppard at Wrigley Field. Full on hair metal extravaganza :laugh2:

Sounds bloody brilliant that

16 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Sponsored by Cossack For Men hair lacquer. 

Just now, Tazio said:

🤣 my Dad used to use that to stick his comb over down, I can smell it now!.

Dagger Is Back
9 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Would love to see that line up

William H. Bonney

I'm going to se de staat in October.  My first gig since the wu tang clan nearly 10 years ago. 

Volbeat at the Hydro this December. 

Going to be a superb night. Really looking forward to seeing Skindred again as well.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Volbeat at the Hydro this December. 

Going to be a superb night. Really looking forward to seeing Skindred again as well.

They were a support act for Alter Bridge at the Hydro a few years ago and very impressive. 

2 hours ago, tedarmy said:

next one for me too :drummer:

Lots to look forward to, loads of bands playing, my highlight will the Sex Gang Children, loved since I was 13 but have never seen seen them, well have to miss The Godfathers to see The Exploited but my sons desperate to see them, I've seen both enough to let him see one of his favourites.

Kalamazoo Jambo
16 hours ago, Tazio said:

Not far off. I had some fun trying to work out who in the crowd had big hair every day and who went to the extra lengths just for this gig.

16 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Sounds bloody brilliant that

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Would love to see that line up

It was a fun night apart from trying to avoid a fight with some drunken idiots next to us. Motley Crue still stuck in a pretty sexist past but hardly unexpected. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts were really good.  Mrs Kalamazoo is a huge Def Leppard fan - not entirely my cup of tea but they put on a good show.

CF11JamTart

Adam Ant a few nights ago. Very good. A real mix of stuff: a decent trawl through Dirk..., in addition to the expected hit singles.

Primal Scream at Cardiff Castle at the end of the month. 

Dagger Is Back
26 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Not far off. I had some fun trying to work out who in the crowd had big hair every day and who went to the extra lengths just for this gig.

It was a fun night apart from trying to avoid a fight with some drunken idiots next to us. Motley Crue still stuck in a pretty sexist past but hardly unexpected. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts were really good.  Mrs Kalamazoo is a huge Def Leppard fan - not entirely my cup of tea but they put on a good show.

Yes MC will never change. Does Tommy Lee still have his camcorder?

Really good line up for us old rockers. Poison releases done banging tunes too.

Shame that some drunken oafs always seem to turn up when all folks want to do is have a good time. 

frankblack

Saw The Damned a month ago at the Assembly Rooms.

Got Filthy Tongues coming up.

Was meant to have seen Guns N Roses in Glasgow on Tuesday.

Was at Tears for Fears last night (yes, this post may age me a tad) and they were absolutely superb. Floors Castle at Kelso is a nice setting and it was pretty well organised. 

Supported by Alison Moyet doing her Yazoo stuff (and some nicely synthed up versions of her solo hits). Her voice is still stupendous. Don’t Go has to be up there as the best synth riff, ever. 

Next up:
Simple Minds - Ukraine benefit gig in Princes St Gardens. (Doing ALL of New Gold Dream)
Billy Joel - Glasgow Concert Hall
Billy Idol - Glasgow Hydro (unfortunately rescheduled so not supported by The Go-Gos now)

9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Was at Tears for Fears last night (yes, this post may age me a tad) and they were absolutely superb. Floors Castle at Kelso is a nice setting and it was pretty well organised. 

Supported by Alison Moyet doing her Yazoo stuff (and some nicely synthed up versions of her solo hits). Her voice is still stupendous. Don’t Go has to be up there as the best synth riff, ever. 

Next up:
Simple Minds - Ukraine benefit gig in Princes St Gardens. (Doing ALL of New Gold Dream)
Billy Joel - Glasgow Concert Hall
Billy Idol - Glasgow Hydro (unfortunately rescheduled so not supported by The Go-Gos now)

Let me know if Jim Kerr says that he reckons the Minds still have one massive album left in them.  Always makes me chuckle.

Got tickets for Shinedown, Volbeat , GUN and Black Stone Cherry.  

just seen the U.K. Foo Fighters who as usual are tremendous , Dressed to Kill (KISS) as well who were superb and have tickets for Maiden Scotland (Iron Maiden) 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Gaslight Anthem next month.

Dave Hause in September.

Muna in November 

Hundred Reasons & Hell is For Heroes in February. 

Hoping to also get tickets for Alexisonfire in October but it's sold out so probably going to need to perform some ungodly acts first. 

21 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

that’s a bucket list line up that. Ooooft - tremendous

2 hours ago, EH11 said:

Let me know if Jim Kerr says that he reckons the Minds still have one massive album left in them.  Always makes me chuckle.

Haha, he can be a gobshite at times. 

New album coming soonish. 

On 09/07/2022 at 15:26, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

i tried to justify spending the money to fly to the us for the motley crue gig but could not. i am hoping they do a european tour

On 16/07/2022 at 13:35, milky_26 said:

i tried to justify spending the money to fly to the us for the motley crue gig but could not. i am hoping they do a european tour

This

ScottieMac17

Christopher 'kingfish' Ingram at the queen's hall on Thursday coming. Future blues legend I'm sure of it!

Belladrum next weekend.  Looking forward to Nile Rodgers / Chic especially.

Going to give the NI diva a miss.

SLF there.

Daði Freyr and Sam Ryder also there so a bit of a Eurovision thing going on.

10 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Travis coming over to Isle Of Man

i wonder if they will float over on some driftwood

The White Cockade
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i wonder if they will float over on some driftwood

😂😂😂

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

SLF at Corn Exchange last night was excellent 

As were Skids acoustic 

Picked up tickets last minute on the cheap and didn't realise the Skids were supporting until Jobson walked onstage. 

SLF were indeed excellent.

Next gig is Christine Bovill at the French Institute in Scotland. Yes my tastes are varied. 

On 09/07/2022 at 19:51, Sooperstar said:

Shaggy at Corn Exchange on 26th July.

I had free tickets for this. Went along for a laugh. Great gig, would have happily paid!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I was at Spear of Destiny,a couple of weeks ago, and was at Yard Act on Thursday (Baba Ali supported), both at the Caves. Both gigs (including support) were brilliant.