Gigs you are going to

davemclaren

3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I got into Ferry and Roxy about 1977. Mates where I stayed were big fans moreso than Bowie. I've seen both Ferry and Roxy a few times. The music never gets boring. Ferry is a great songwriter, especially the early Roxy stuff. 

The first album has been noted somewhere as one the best first albums of all time. Their first 5 albums are all stand outs. 

They absolutely are. Really looking forward to the gig.

I

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

On 12/08/2022 at 17:30, Beave1874 said:

The Wedding Present - Edinburgh (can't recall name of venue but decent).

The Wedding Present are so good live. Saw them in Stirling a few years ago when they were touring for the anniversary of George Best and they were excellent.

Hot Water Music and Samiam on Oct 1st in Glasgow. Massively into both since I was at high school and this'll be first time seeing both live. Never thought I would tbh, never mind playing together.

9 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Machine Head in Stockholm tomorrow. Bit annoyed that I couldn't make their Scotland dates but, tomorrow should be fun.

enjoy :drummer: they were great in edinburgh

mh.jpg

On 23/09/2022 at 21:19, tedarmy said:

enjoy :drummer: they were great in edinburgh

mh.jpg

They played Blood for Blood so it was a good night. Halo Effect were good as well. I've not listened to their music before so I'll need to check them out.

On 19/09/2022 at 21:01, RobNox said:

Damned at the O2 on 4 Nov is the only thing I currently have lined up.  Original line up as well, which I wasn't old enough to see back in the day.  Machine Gun Etiquette tour was the first I saw and Brian James was no longer in the band.

Edit - just saw PTBCAL's post above mine, the Skids are one of the supports, along with TV Smith

Im going as well 👍

I fly back from Istanbul that day so things might be tight 

Thought Penetration we’re the support? Skids would be great though 🙂

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Im going as well 👍

Paula YatesRock-Stars-in-Their-Underpants-Richard Jobson

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

🤢

Paula Yates book

🤣

Aye, heard him tell the story too many times, I eventually had a look

Think our next one is Neville Staple - From The Specials at the Liquid rooms end October

10 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Im going as well 👍

You're right, Penetration rather than the Skids.  The gig has been rescheduled a couple of times due to the pandemic, so it may be that the Skids were originally scheduled as support when I first bought the ticket about what seems like 5 years ago.  Or it might just be that I imagined it. 

On 23/09/2022 at 13:10, Diadora Van Basten said:

Ian Brown supported by Dermo from

Northside in Edinburgh on Tuesday.

Might want to see if you can offloads those tickets.

I’ve been a bit lazy on the gig front in recent years but following the pandemic I’m determined to get to more. Upcoming are Public Service Broadcasting, 10cc, Sweet, Aussie Pink Floyd and Sigur Ros. That’ll probably do me for the year. Two bands that I’d love to see live are Cut/Copy and The Go Team! They both have a really joyous sound.

5 hours ago, Jibbers said:

I’ve been a bit lazy on the gig front in recent years but following the pandemic I’m determined to get to more. Upcoming are Public Service Broadcasting, 10cc, Sweet, Aussie Pink Floyd and Sigur Ros. That’ll probably do me for the year. Two bands that I’d love to see live are Cut/Copy and The Go Team! They both have a really joyous sound.

The Go Team! Have just announced gigs in Edinburgh and Glasgow for March next year.  

Yard Act in November (Glasgow) and Steve Mason December  (Edinburgh) 

8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Not a single Roses song on the setlist either.

A search for Ian Brown on Twitter this morning will give you a good old laugh.

Tickets for tonight in Glasgow going for 80% under face value on Twickets

On 22/09/2022 at 12:23, periodictabledancer said:

The Boss at Madison Sq Gdn , April next year. My wife thinks I'm a god. 😉

I got tickets for him in Greensboro as a 10 year anniversary present. Pulled them out a little early because I was in the dog house for something. Got me out of that jam in a hurry! 😄

Diadora Van Basten

Hey ho! Ian Brown has always been an unconventional character I was at Whitley Bay when the Roses were breaking up and he was awful. Then when everyone had written him off he played a brilliant gig at T in the park. It was being unconventional that made The Stone Roses a breath of fresh air and also caused them to implode before they became international.

They levelled the playing field and Oasis took on the baton and became what The Stone Roses should have been.

The legacy is for a group with very few records that made the top 10 they are still loved now and it was actually my son who wanted to go with his friends and he needs me to get him in due to his age. Partly because She Bangs the Drum was always played by Scott Wilso.

I did warn my son that with Ian Brown it would either be great or a disaster and had already booked tickets for The Complete Stone Roses as a back up.

Personally I think I will still like it and am also quite excited about seeing Dermo as Northside had some great tunes back in the days. My rising star is one of my favourite song and take five is quality also.

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I got tickets for him in Greensboro as a 10 year anniversary present. Pulled them out a little early because I was in the dog house for something. Got me out of that jam in a hurry! 😄

I intend to milk it for the next 6 months :lol:

6 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Ian Brown and Dermo were brilliant tonight.

Ian Brown was fantastic. I had my doubts about him singing to a backing track but he nailed it. Great to see the old swagger and moves.

On 23/09/2022 at 13:10, Diadora Van Basten said:

Ian Brown supported by Dermo from

Northside in Edinburgh on Tuesday.

How was it? His shows have been getting absolutely slated online.

Diadora Van Basten
37 minutes ago, pablo said:

How was it? His shows have been getting absolutely slated online.

It was like going to a Hearts game when you think your going to get thrashed and then you win and we play the opposition of the park.

10 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It was like going to a Hearts game when you think your going to get thrashed and then you win and we play the opposition of the park.

Ha ha....Nice one!

4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Thats the best gig review ever. You should be writing for smash hits

Diadora Van Basten
45 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Thats the best gig review ever. You should be writing for smash hits

The best gig review I ever saw was in NME in the early 90s for Michael Bolton.

It just said “Michael Bolton is a ^^^^ and anyone who likes Michael Bolton is a C***”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Young Fathers Leeds Academy 28th of February, we might even go and see them in Manchester the week after, really really looking forward to seeing them, the new album sounds good.

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, BudgeUp said:

Black stone cherry in January with the Darkness supporting. 😁

BSC are a fantastic band. Can’t stand the Darkness though.

2 hours ago, JamboMarc said:

Anyone looking for a gig this weekend and are into your rock, my band Mason Hill are playing La Belle Angele this Friday night! 

I'm going to this.

31 minutes ago, JamboMarc said:

Nice one! Can’t wait!

I'm looking forward to it.

I got into the album during lockdown so never seen you live. 

Diadora Van Basten

Going to see The Complete Stone Roses and a Smiths Tribute act a week on Friday at the Liquid rooms. Bought tickets as a back up in case Ian Brown was poor.