Gigs you are going to

davemclaren

18 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I bagged a ticket for his Hyde Park gig on 6th July. My mate's going to both gigs (second on the 8th, when The Who are at Edinburgh Castle) so was looking at the two setlists from Dublin. 28 songs one night, 27 the other. About 10 different songs between the two lists. You definitely get your money's worth. We're talking about getting tix for the 7th July to see Southside Johnny at the Shepherd's Bush Empire but he may well take to the stage with Springsteen either or both nights.

16 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

I saw him in NY and will be in Rome for the Circus Maximus gig although I'm not sure if I can do an all day thing at my age with no seats. NY was great with the NY/NJ crowd creating an amazing atmosphere , a lot of the time he seemed happy to let the crowd do the singing. Not much to dislike but Nightshift is a travesty for me and I wish he wouldn't. Rosalita isn't a song ive liked all that much but the crowd went nuts over it and I kinda fell in love with it now although he doesn't half ham it up with SVZ. 😄 Needless to say the "encore" brought the house down. And yeah, the musicians are all at the top of their game. 

13 hours ago, frankblack said:

Excellent setlist.

Good to see they are still putting on the same type of shows as he did pre-pandemic.  No mean feat for their age!

A few minutes from the RDS on the 9th (hopefully it'll take a while before it gets removed).  Manages to be both funny and poignant.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

periodictabledancer
31 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

A few minutes from the RDS on the 9th (hopefully it'll take a while before it gets removed).  Manages to be both funny and poignant.

Yeah , he did this in NY and all the other other US gigs I've seen on Youtube etc.

Looks like he lightened up a little for the Irish crowd.

He reads the whole thing from an autocue.

Sorry for the cynicism. 

Not a gig as such, but headed to Luminosity Beach Festival at the end of June. Been wanting to do that one for that years. 

Robbo-Jambo
14 hours ago, Tott said:

Straighten Out are excellent as tribute acts go.

Cheers 👍

Disser Pointon

Southmartins tribute band on Saturday at the Bungalow in Paisley. Saw them pre-covid and they were excellent.........................assuming you like the Housemartins and Beatiful South!

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Nobody will be going to see The View. 

Kin hell that was a bit of a spat :laugh:

Wonder if he will do a Mark E Smith after an on stage brawl and sack them and then get some new folk in.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Jaysus, they'll hardly be missed, will they?  :laugh: 

13 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Yeah , he did this in NY and all the other other US gigs I've seen on Youtube etc.

Looks like he lightened up a little for the Irish crowd.

He reads the whole thing from an autocue.

Sorry for the cynicism. 

What cynicism?  His words were more or less identical on the 7th, so it was either from autocue or rehearsed.  He didn't screw up putting on his jacket on the 7th, though.  Or maybe he's rehearsed that as well.  :laugh: 

13 hours ago, trotter said:

Not a gig as such, but headed to Luminosity Beach Festival at the end of June. Been wanting to do that one for that years. 

Oooft, some people there I wouldn't mind seeing at all.  You'll enjoy that.

John Findlay

Going to the Springsteen gig at Murrayfield the 30th of this month.

Got a free ticket for putting up my mate and his 3 mates in my flat.

They are coming up from St Helens.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Going to the Springsteen gig at Murrayfield the 30th of this month.

Got a free ticket for putting up my mate and his 3 mates in my flat.

They are coming up from St Helens.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the architecture of Murrayfield would make for a better atmosphere than we got in Dublin.  The RDS Arena is a bit too open for my liking.  Enjoy! :toasting: 

4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

i wonder if they had the same jeans on?

John Findlay
43 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the architecture of Murrayfield would make for a better atmosphere than we got in Dublin.  The RDS Arena is a bit too open for my liking.  Enjoy! :toasting: 

I agree with you. The last time I saw the boss live,  was Wembley circa 1985/86. So another live concert is long overdue.

23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I agree with you. The last time I saw the boss live,  was Wembley circa 1985/86. So another live concert is long overdue.

I have a vision of The Boss pausing halfway through his first number at Murrayfield, pointing his finger at you and yelling "Oi Findlay, why the **** haven't you been at one of my gigs since the 80s?!?" :laugh: 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I have a vision of The Boss pausing halfway through his first number at Murrayfield, pointing his finger at you and yelling "Oi Findlay, why the **** haven't you been at one of my gigs since the 80s?!?" :laugh: 

🤣

28 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Just to really boost my cool credentials, this weekend I'm off to see...

Michael Bublé.

I bought tickets for him for my wife last year when he played a castle in Kelso. None of her friends could go so I went with her. (to be fair I've dragged her round the UK to see New Order many a time so couldn't moan)

His music isn't my thing but he has good banter and is funny and self deprecating on stage and is clearly  talented so quite enjoyed it in the end.

15 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I bought tickets for him for my wife last year when he played a castle in Kelso. None of her friends could go so I went with her. (to be fair I've dragged her round the UK to see New Order many a time so couldn't moan)

His music isn't my thing but he has good banter and is funny and self deprecating on stage and is clearly  talented so quite enjoyed it in the end.

Apparently he puts on a good show.  Myself and Mme. U are going, and I'm quite looking forward to it.  We're also off to see Jools again in June.

I’m happy to see The View kicking lumps out of each other as I saw them doing a live set in TV and they massacred Up The Junction and I’ve hated them ever since. 

Sooperstar
16 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m happy to see The View kicking lumps out of each other as I saw them doing a live set in TV and they massacred Up The Junction and I’ve hated them ever since. 

1 hour ago, The new West End said:

How was it?

excellent.

played all the songs you would expect to hear.

3 hours ago, The new West End said:

How was it?

Kennedys were fantastic.

Would love to have seen them  in Jello's time.

4 hours ago, The new West End said:

How was it?

Brilliant 

Really enjoyed it 

Absolutely packed though 

16 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Brilliant 

Really enjoyed it 

Absolutely packed though 

Was very impressed by the number of youngsters giving it laldy doon the front. The Dead Kennedys were, as has been said, excellent. 

the original dalry llama

My gigs in the next few days:

Friday - Osees at the Old Fruitmarket
Saturday - M(h)aol at the Hug and Pint
Monday - Ulrika Spacek at the Hug and Pint
Tuesday - House of All at Summerhall

Toxteth O'Grady
On 15/05/2023 at 21:09, davemclaren said:

Me and Mrs McL are off to see Midge Ure on Wednesday at the Usher Hall. 

I thought he was really good but the Usher Hall isn’t the best for atmosphere. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I thought he was really good but the Usher Hall isn’t the best for atmosphere. 

It was a good gig.  We were in the upper circle so not the best spot. 

periodictabledancer
On 11/05/2023 at 17:21, Ulysses said:

Having just got back to the hotel after his Rome gig , I'd say Murrayfield will be sensational. The Circus Maximus crowd was great but it's a giant empty space even with 60',000 and lacked atmosphere for large parts. With Murrayfield being enclosed I reckon it will be electric.

A special mention for Sam Fender who was terrific. 

And a 0/10 for that venue - the place is a disorganised shit hole, zero crowd management and not a single toilet on "our" side of the stadium . 

Kalamazoo Jambo

Belle and Sebastian were coming to Kalamazoo but the tour was cancelled due to health issues :(

Going to see Nick Cave in Chicago in September, but before that we have Taylor Swift in Detroit with Kalamazoo Jr. Will let you all know if I become a fully fledged Swiftie :ninja:

Angel eyes

No me but my niece has a busy weekend Harry Styles on Saturday then Radio 1 camperdown on Sunday 😳

jambosean75

i was at the garage in glasgow on saturday night there after the aberdeen game to see When Rivers Meet

they were superb

Edited by jambosean75

21 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

before that we have Taylor Swift in Detroit with Kalamazoo Jr...

Not gonna lie, I would pay significant money to see Taylor Swift, particularly this tour.

I've never really been bog on going to gigs but this weekend there was meant to be a festival in stornoway. On Thursday I would have seen the pretenders and ocean colour scene (they're the only reason for going on Thursday), on Friday I would have seen primal scream. Saturday I wasn't too fussed about but I was going as my mate is a massive credence fan. Last week though, we were told the festival was cancelled.

Not exactly gig related but nice bit on the 80s punk scene with a few nods to The Exploited and Oor Wattie.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/anarchy-in-the-uk-the-chaotic-story-of-the-80s-punk-scene-that-changed-metal-forever

And to keep the post related to gigs. Black Stone Cherry are going to be doing a tour of the UK playing small intimate venues. They will also be at selected HMV stores to sign albums and meet fans. I've already booked tickets for me and the boy to go to Glasgow HMV for the signing. They will also be playing at St Lukes the same day. Absolutely worth seeing. Truly tremendous band.

For those unfamiliar with Black Stone Cherry. Here's a taster.....

Edited by Bauld

Dagger Is Back
On 22/05/2023 at 15:21, jambosean75 said:

i was at the garage in glasgow on saturday night there after the aberdeen game to see When Rivers Meet

they were superb

Me too. I went through on

my Jack Jones, had a few beers and thought they were excellent.

Off to see Gun at the Queens Hall on Saturday and Alter Bridge at the Edinburgh O2 in June.

Sooperstar
32 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I have a spare (free) ticket for Gogol Bordello at SWG3 tonight if anyone wants it. 

Gig has just been postponed due to ferry issues. 

Dirty Deeds
23 hours ago, Bauld said:

Not exactly gig related but nice bit on the 80s punk scene with a few nods to The Exploited and Oor Wattie.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/anarchy-in-the-uk-the-chaotic-story-of-the-80s-punk-scene-that-changed-metal-forever

And to keep the post related to gigs. Black Stone Cherry are going to be doing a tour of the UK playing small intimate venues. They will also be at selected HMV stores to sign albums and meet fans. I've already booked tickets for me and the boy to go to Glasgow HMV for the signing. They will also be playing at St Lukes the same day. Absolutely worth seeing. Truly tremendous band.

For those unfamiliar with Black Stone Cherry. Here's a taster.....

Sshhh, I missed out on the presale for St Luke's but will hopefully get a ticket in the public sale.

OmiyaHearts

I went to Placebo in Philadelphia a few weeks ago, when I was on holiday in NYC. They've still got it - new(ish) album is excellent and Molko is a great front man. There were no phones at the gig and it reminded me how much phones ruin the atmosphere at gigs nowadays. 

Off to Linz, Austria next week to see NoFX on their final tour. A really cool bunch of punks who deserve their retirement.

I've been listening to those guys since I was 10 or 11. Might have something in my eye, seeing them for the last time as a 46 year old.

Looking forward to Stereo MC's later in the year too, September I think. A brilliant act live.

Edited by OmiyaHearts