The rise and fall of The SNP.

Is that not the boy who lives in USA and wont have a vote?

The same boy that says “The question is, ‘how much costs are you willing to bear to get from where you are now to where you want to be?’ That’s the only question that matters.”

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Thats some subs bench the SNP have now.

Average Joe sitting there in the middle with Margaret Covid 2 metres away for safety and Derek Mackay 10 metres away for the same reason, you know, just in case   

4 hours ago, Candy said:

Average Joe has thrown in the towel

Not before time, but unfortunately will be replaced by an equally inept, incompetent member of the cult.

10 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's obvious outside this right wing echo chamber nobody agrees with you. 😏 

Oh well. Looks like Sturgeon agrees with me. You'll be booked in for re-programming next week at Holyrood so you get back on message with the "group think". 🤣

Space Mackerel
38 minutes ago, Candy said:

Is that not the boy who lives in USA and wont have a vote?

The same boy that says “The question is, ‘how much costs are you willing to bear to get from where you are now to where you want to be?’ That’s the only question that matters.”

AC78F545-14FB-4AB4-A6FC-25033AB9E415.jpeg.d36bef68cb8a709371771e4d7eb5be1b.jpeg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

I remember making the very valid point that the demographic nature that makes up Scotland and the older voters dying off over time makes Independence a certainty. I was castigated for making that comment for some bizarre reason. 😕

Now we have people on here making political capital out of the deaths of drug users.

What a weird wee thread. 

Honestly, every politician is a waste of space.

Being as much of a fanboy as you are of Sturgeon merits a check of your hard drive.

Space Mackerel
17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Honestly, every politician is a waste of space.

Being as much of a fanboy as you are of Sturgeon merits a check of your hard drive.

Although I had left the Forces, my best mate from my Airforce days, now works offshore, English by the way, gave me many gb’s of free stuff that was shared around the Coalition forces. Feel free to PM for a share. 
You won’t be disappointed. And there’s every Kindle ebook in it too if that what floats yer boat. 😊

22 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Although I had left the Forces, my best mate from my Airforce days, now works offshore, English by the way, gave me many gb’s of free stuff that was shared around the Coalition forces. Feel free to PM for a share. 
You won’t be disappointed. And there’s every Kindle ebook in it too if that what floats yer boat. 😊

PTSD? 🤔

7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

"Some of my best friends are English "

2 hours ago, Candy said:

"Some of my best friends are English "

Similar to a Rangers supporter telling you some of his best friends are catholics

11 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Flodden 😁😁😁

Cannae beat a bit of drunk Unionist drivel. 

1337FAEC-166E-4AB9-974B-76020BF2D985.jpeg

He's a cringing walloper. Disgrace to the name. What did he ever do for Scotland apart from snipe! Can't stand him.

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Lol, scudded off his own side for talking shite

The inability / unwillingness to close the border is maddening. Scotland and England were taking different approaches to the virus,  so there really should've been a separation, by having a border seems only sensible. 

I bang on about Australia on here because its where I live and what I know, but here there not been hard borders between the states since federation. That changed overnight with coronavirus. With states having different infection rates, those with lower rates started locking out those where the virus was worse - a very sensible and pragmatic approach. 

I can only assume it's the paranoia of the unionists over there that has stopped something similar happening between Scotland and England, I dunno?

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The inability / unwillingness to close the border is maddening. Scotland and England were taking different approaches to the virus,  so there really should've been a separation, by having a border seems only sensible. 

I bang on about Australia on here because its where I live and what I know, but here there not been hard borders between the states since federation. That changed overnight with coronavirus. With states having different infection rates, those with lower rates started locking out those where the virus was worse - a very sensible and pragmatic approach. 

I can only assume it's the paranoia of the unionists over there that has stopped something similar happening between Scotland and England, I dunno?

Seems ok to me. Unless...

10 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Your suggestion makes sense when applied to counties not countries

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, Candy said:

I didn't realise the virus made that distinction.  If two areas approach a virus like this in different ways and have different results, allowing people to move between them will result in the area doing better being pulled down by the area where the measures were less effective.

The states in Australia were separate, self-governing entities prior to federation, much like Scotland and England prior to the union, so could you expand on your comment, because I don't see the relevance? 

Cheers

7 minutes ago, Candy said:

Saying so doesn't make it so. In fact closing borders between countries is much, much more common, and accepted than closing borders between counties. 

That's so obvious I have to wonder if you're trolling.

1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I didn't realise the virus made that distinction.  If two areas approach a virus like this in different ways and have different results, allowing people to move between them will result in the area doing better being pulled down by the area where the measures were less effective.

The states in Australia were separate, self-governing entities prior to federation, much like Scotland and England prior to the union, so could you expand on your comment, because I don't see the relevance? 

Cheers

The virus doesn't make a distinction  thats why an arbitrary border would be pointless. Proper travel restrictions from affected areas would be more effective 

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

The virus doesn't make a distinction  thats why an arbitrary border would be pointless. Proper travel restrictions from affected areas would be more effective 

A border between ancient countries is arbitrary but one between counties isn't?

The Scottish government only has influence over Scotland, stopping traffic from outside it's sphere of influence makes a lot of sense.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Saying so doesn't make it so. In fact closing borders between countries is much, much more common, and accepted than closing borders between counties. 

No need for the insults just because you disagree with me. I made a perfectly sensible suggestion about travel restrict from affected areas

A Boy Named Crow
Just now, Candy said:

Of course,  the border isn't just a line on a map, it's the point that that separates people,  you can't cross it without permission. Scotland and Englsnd's governments have tackled the virus differently, the results have been different rates of infection and death. It is only bloody sensible to prevent travel between the two. As I said earlier, the only reason not to is the paranoia of the unionists. 

If you want to take it further and start bordering off counties within Scotland, that might be a solution too, but you start with the obvious, two governments setting different rules should not have an open border if infection rates are higher in one than the other. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

A border between ancient countries is arbitrary but one between counties isn't?

The Scottish government only has influence over Scotland, stopping traffic from outside it's sphere of influence makes a lot of sense.

A covid border between affected areas would not be arbitrary. A covid border along ancient lines would be

Of course,  the border isn't just a line on a map, it's the point that that separates people,  you can't cross it without permission. Scotland and Englsnd's governments have tackled the virus differently, the results have been different rates of infection and death. It is only bloody sensible to prevent travel between the two. As I said earlier, the only reason not to is the paranoia of the unionists. 

If you want to take it further and start bordering off counties within Scotland, that might be a solution too, but you start with the obvious, two governments setting different rules should not have an open border if infection rates are higher in one than the other. 

Not paranoia, just common sense. Why restrict people from the borders going  to Northumberland if the rates are the same?

3 minutes ago, Candy said:

No need for the insults just because you disagree with me. I made a perfectly sensible suggestion about travel restrict from affected areas

Insults? :laugh2:

Konrad von Carstein
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"IF" ?

Jeezo...

3 minutes ago, Candy said:

Not paranoia, just common sense. Why restrict people from the borders going  to Northumberland if the rates are the same?

It's a border between their sphere of influence and outside their sphere of influence. It couldn't be less arbitrary.

A Boy Named Crow
6 minutes ago, Candy said:

I take your point, but its a question of how define areas. It makes sense to separate areas living under different rules, as by and large the rules should drive the rates. 

Btw, I have no idea if the infection rate in Northumbria is better or worse than Scotland. Do you have the numbers?

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

I take your point, but its a question of how define areas. It makes sense to separate areas living under different rules, as by and large the rules should drive the rates. 

Btw, I have no idea if the infection rates in Northumbria is better or worse than Scotland. Do you have the numbers?

I don't have the numbers. It was just an example 👍

A Boy Named Crow
Just now, Candy said:

I don't have the numbers. It was just an example 👍

So you don't know if Northumbria is better or worse than Scotland, you're just arguing for the sake of it?

Righto, enough of this, I'm off to make another coffee. If any goats try to cross your bridge, go easy on them hey 😉

So you don't know if Northumbria is better or worse than Scotland, you're just arguing for the sake of it?

Righto, enough of this, I'm off to make another coffee. If any goats try to cross your bridge, go easy on them hey 😉

Dearie me, it was an example.

If there was a difference  in rates then travel should be restricted. Same as it should be if it was Midlothian/Borders 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sound sweety, keep jabbing, you'll land one yet ;)

How odd. Each to their own, but I'm not interested in petty fueds with folk online, especially on a Hearts forum. I prefer reasoned debate and let myself down with the "u ok hun"comment

Its now cup final day. 24 hour truce whilst we win the cup💓🙉

1 minute ago, Candy said:

How odd. Each to their own, but I'm not interested in petty fueds with folk online, especially on a Hearts forum. I prefer reasoned debate and let myself down with the "u ok hun"comment

Its now cup final day. 24 hour truce whilst we win the cup💓🙉

👍

Space Mackerel
On 19/12/2020 at 23:43, Candy said:

A covid border between affected areas would not be arbitrary. A covid border along ancient lines would be

There’s nothing ancient about it. The Act of Union 1707bgave Scotland a separate legal and educational system for 2 amongst others. Add in Devolution and there are multitudes nowadays 
It’s still in effect today and will be on 1st Jan 2021. 

1 minute ago, biglaff said:

Amongst Hearts fans, how many , would you say, vote SNP? 

Probably the same as the general population. I’d like to think football fans outside the OF don’t base their politics on the club they support. Obviously there will be exceptions in any support but they are the minority. 

willie wallace
5 minutes ago, biglaff said:

Amongst Hearts fans, how many , would you say, vote SNP? 

Not sure how many voted SNP but over 60% on here voted for independence.

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Not sure how many voted SNP but over 60% on here voted for independence.

There was a poll on here a while back 65% for Independence. 

I was surprised as this forum seems loaded with Unionists. 

Perhaps it's just the same people posting the same stuff over and over and over. 

There is usually a silent majority. 

willie wallace
13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The silent majority triumphed in 2014 

The reference was to Hearts fans and not the general public as well you know

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“oil will pay for everything”

It doesn't need to mate, we're not some third world country with zero to offer. 

I know the unionist press would have you believe we're some pathetic basket case that uniquely can't exist without another nation taking us under their wing, but it's shite.