The rise and fall of The SNP.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Pollock!!!

You must have been away some number years if you've forgotten how to spell where you come from?

And if we have 9.94% of the debt, do we get 9.94% of the assets then?

:kirk:

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is the Scottish people and NOT the monarch sovereign in Scotland?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claim_of_Right_1989

"Power lies with the Scottish People" (said the Scottish Conservatives, Labour & the Lib-Dems):

https://www.centreonconstitutionalchange.ac.uk/news_opinion/joint-statement-more-devolution-uk

Scots are sovereign and the English are subjects, I believe. If we want a referendum we can have it. 

Space Mackerel
On 05/01/2021 at 18:45, strappingjock said:

jack D

No. Not a hearts fan. Just worried about my country. Rampant unthinking nationalism is always a concern.

People forget that Adolf was voted into power.

Do you know who Chris Patten was? do you want to know what he said in a radio interview about a month ago about Boris Johnson and Nationalism?

This will be good....

Space Mackerel
6 hours ago, strappingjock said:

Cards on Table

I am from Pollock but my accountant other half is English - I duck - she actually is a Budgie fan.  She was from Northumberland and day trips to Eyemouth were a norm. She  loved Scotland and has lived in Moray and Glasgow. Her mother was stationed in Gareloch in the war.  She was all for Scotland having its say in 2014 but all that has changed due to the constant banging by SNP about one topic.  She and her family ( me included) now refuse to buy anything Scottish. Lifetime of scotch replaced with Irish and even checks for the Saltire on goods to be sure not to buy them. Scottish banks and energy companies blacklisted ..............................................  no need to go further. And I have come to agree with her.  Its shaming. But before anyone derides me, I am surprised, and also dismayed, by the number of English people who take the same view.  It's easy to tell then to F O  but if we leave and and not in the EU will will be at their mercy.  Does anyone see Canada pissing off the USA ? No, and for good reason. If your neighbour has ten times your population you do not antagonise him.

The accountant has reminded me that Nicola has stated Scotland will take on its fair share of debt. Anyone know about the Equivalent ? In 1707 English debt was about £14M. Scotland was paid £400k ( the equivalent ) as compensation. That was 1/35 of total or 2.86%. Now Scots are about  8.5% of UK population so they will now have to take on that part of UK debt when they leave. However, that will need to be weighted as Scotland gets enhanced public money under Barnet, some 17% above UK average, so the 8.5% will have to become 9.94% to reflect the extra benefit Scotland obtains from the Union.

UK national debt in 2018 was £1.78 trillion. So Scotland would have to stump up between £151-177 billion or £18.21k for every single living person in the country. A whole year’s income plus a bit, or double the per-head-amount England gets every year. And all that under the thumb of the Bank of England.

It's not that Scotland cannot go it alone, its merely a question of how many starve to prove it. Obviously it will not be paid as a lump sum, but if you think we have suffered austerity in the past, "we aint seen nothin yet"

Enjoy.

Except you're very wrong about the debt as this article from the FT clearly says in 2014

https://www.ft.com/content/f37babe6-7ba2-11e3-84af-00144feabdc0

"The UK Treasury will on Monday assume full responsibility for Britain’s £1.2tn debt stock in the event of Scottish independence, in an attempt to head off market jitters ahead of September’s referendum."

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Except you're very wrong about the debt as this article from the FT clearly says in 2014

https://www.ft.com/content/f37babe6-7ba2-11e3-84af-00144feabdc0

"The UK Treasury will on Monday assume full responsibility for Britain’s £1.2tn debt stock in the event of Scottish independence, in an attempt to head off market jitters ahead of September’s referendum."

BOOOM!!!!

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scots are sovereign and the English are subjects, I believe. If we want a referendum we can have it. 

👍

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

👍

Westminster really gets my goat with its fake democracy. It does nothing but undermine Scotland. 

Some folk still need it spelt out for them.

If the SNP explode tonight the movement & want for Scottish independence remains intact.

Folk can attack Sturgeon or the SNP until they cry themselves to sleep but the 58% are not going away. 
The SNP are not Scotland!

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The SG do a great job in undermining Scotland and it’s people to achieve their narrow aims 

How is a country that is independent, narrow. Most countries in the world are independent and enjoy their self governance.  I don't think they see themselves as narrow, do you?

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How is a country that is independent, narrow. Most countries in the world are independent and enjoy their self governance.  I don't think they see themselves as narrow, do you?

It’s only narrow if you have narrow views. 

manaliveits105

Ms Murrell om GMTV this morning actually said " me , Boris Johnston and other world leaders " :vrwow:

she has lost it (apart from being grammatically incorrect)

delusions of grandeur 

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ms Murrell om GMTV this morning actually said " me , Boris Johnston and other world leaders " :vrwow:

delusions of grandeur 

I get you don’t like the SNP and I personally think Nicola Sturgeon is a total arsehole. How can you constantly post attacking the SNP but be quite happy with Boris, Ress-Mogg, Hunt and all the other tosspots in Westminster. Surely you can’t actually be happy with a bunch of self serving public schoolboys running the country. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get you don’t like the SNP and I personally think Nicola Sturgeon is a total arsehole. How can you constantly post attacking the SNP but be quite happy with Boris, Ress-Mogg, Hunt and all the other tosspots in Westminster. Surely you can’t actually be happy with a bunch of self serving public schoolboys running the country. 

Well it is a thread about the SNP. Also I've no idea where he said he was supporting the Conservatives. 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well it is a thread about the SNP. Also I've no idea where he said he was supporting the Conservatives. 

Fine. I’ll follow it up with a more general question as to why folk seem to either slate the snp or slate the tories on the two threads that are on the go? Why not both? Would certainly make one think that some people prefer Tory rule to snp Scottish rule. 

Blackford Hearts
On 28/12/2020 at 16:03, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Their slogan below their name is "The Newspaper that Supports and Independent Scotland"

Space Mackerel
12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

delusions of grandeur 

Twitter think so. 

E772B00D-379A-416C-992B-68780C27B7E3.jpeg

68776254-BCED-48C9-A5A3-0251795E7B84.jpeg

Blackford Hearts
19 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Forgot what that response was in relation to. 😆

Should have quoted you!! It was only a joke anyway as thought the thread was getting a bit too serious!! 

Konrad von Carstein
6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's made THAT clear over many posts on several threads.

You knew that though...

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You knew that though...

No I really didn't know that. You really need to try and refrain from presuming so much. 

On 05/01/2021 at 19:08, Adam_the_legend said:

As long as the result goes the way you want though eh. Question has been asked and answered, would prefer we try and get through this pandemic, the repercussions of which will be felt for years to come rather than another divisive referendum. And for those with short memories Scotland was a pretty horrible place to be around 2014, families and friends falling out with each other all over the shop, I’m not keen to go through that again any time soon. 

I actually thought it was quite a civilised referendum. 

I had many friends  on both sides of line who chatted and debated but still remained friends afterwards. 

jack D and coke
36 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

I actually thought it was quite a civilised referendum. 

I had many friends  on both sides of line who chatted and debated but still remained friends afterwards. 

It was fine for the vast majority. 
It’s another tactic of the union side imo. Make it seem like people were at each other’s throats and Scotland is now this land of hatred when the worst thing that happened was that big ****ing idiot Jim Murphy got hit by an egg. 

8 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You knew that though...

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No I really didn't know that. You really need to try and refrain from presuming so much. 

I've found that presuming Seymour has knowledge of anything, including what he's authoritatively spouting about, is a really bad idea, Konrad. YMMV. :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hyah stalky weirdos - hyah :wave1:

:cornette: Have you opened the weekend party powder already???

40 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hyah? Are you doing karate in your spare time now, 105?

25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:cornette: Have you opened the weekend party powder already???

Nah, he's just practising his leg sweeps and crane kicks.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

You're the biggest stalker on here! Away and support Sevco.

Space Mackerel
14 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

On Twitter you say 

must be true 

I stand corrected 

Does jack's algorithm annoy you?

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Didn't all yous get a massive massive massive riddy when Big Eck was found not guilty?

Some folk just never learn. :rofl:

Adam_the_legend
11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It was fine for the vast majority. 
It’s another tactic of the union side imo. Make it seem like people were at each other’s throats and Scotland is now this land of hatred when the worst thing that happened was that big ****ing idiot Jim Murphy got hit by an egg. 

**** me. Paranoid much?! 🙄

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

**** me. Paranoid much?! 🙄

Where’s the paranoia there like? Youve already said it was all nasty. Im saying that’s pure shite. 

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Where’s the paranoia there like? Youve already said it was all nasty. Im saying that’s pure shite. 

You said it’s a “unionist tactic”. It’s not a tactic of any sort, simply my experience of the ref. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

You said it’s a “unionist tactic”. It’s not a tactic of any sort, simply my experience of the ref. 

It is a unionist tactic. I see it everywhere. For example a couple of complete ******s stand with a picture saying “England out” or something and it’s apparently a country of rabid English haters. It’s utter bolloks. 

Adam_the_legend
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It is a unionist tactic. I see it everywhere. For example a couple of complete ******s stand with a picture saying “England out” or something and it’s apparently a country of rabid English haters. It’s utter bolloks. 

You see it everywhere? Sounds like my paranoid quip was on the money. Unionists living in your head rent free 

Space Mackerel
27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There is every probability Adam the Legend hates Scotland more than the Scottish Resistance dafties hate Ingurlund.

Do you hate Scotland Adam?  

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth.

But whose lie and whose truth? 

Either way there will be a poll released next week showing an increase in support for scexit

Edited by Candy

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You see it everywhere? Sounds like my paranoid quip was on the money. Unionists living in your head rent free 

Unionists don’t live in my head mate. You’re getting me mixed up with someone else. 
I just call out shite when I see it. 

Adam_the_legend
15 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

There is every probability Adam the Legend hates Scotland more than the Scottish Resistance dafties hate Ingurlund.

Do you hate Scotland Adam?  

Yeh mate, ******* hate it. Born, raised, living, working and raising a family here but hate the place 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Didn't all yous get a massive massive massive riddy when Big Eck was found not guilty?

Some folk just never learn. :rofl:

Trouble is, hero one - sex pest

Hero two - about to be dusted

The former health secretary could hardly speak English, let alone do his job.

Then there’s donut addict Blackford.

About to lose all direction.

Maybe that SNP MP who got on the train with Covid could lead the party. Seems qualified.

Space Mackerel
14 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Yeh mate, ******* hate it. Born, raised, living, working and raising a family here but hate the place 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

You’re sort of stuck here then and your kids, Tory’s have just taken away yours and their rights to live and work all over Europe. 

Surely that’s a bit of a bummer?