The rise and fall of The SNP.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I believe Sturgeon will be gutted that an EU deal has been accomplished. For her "give me freedum" cause she really wanted a no deal. 

As far as her getting an independence referendum it is bad for her, I don’t think many would really doubt that. I still think she’ll get one though.  

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

As far as her getting an independence referendum it is bad for her, I don’t think many would really doubt that. I still think she’ll get one though.  

She'll not get one from Boris and that's the only one that would count. Any unilateral attempt would have no legal basis or authority. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

She'll not get one from Boris and that's the only one that would count. Any unilateral attempt would have no legal basis or authority. 

Uk government caved in before. I reckon they will again. Boris won’t be around too long after Brexit deal apparently. 

On 24/12/2020 at 11:58, Mikey1874 said:

This is an achievement 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Finally the SNP have actually achieved something 

It was a weak dig the first time mate

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Jizzing over the stone of destiny is proper gammon behaviour. 

The SNP are just Scotland’s answer to UKIP.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

Konrad von Carstein
7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Apart from the racism, xenophobia and utter ****wittery you are onto something...idiot... 

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

It was a weak dig the first time mate

Everyone should have this listed in their top five Christmas songs.  :whistling:

34 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Apart from the racism, xenophobia and utter ****wittery you are onto something...idiot... 

You're giving him too much credit, general ignorance is very common these days

8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Utterly crass. Scottish history, you mug 

15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Uk government caved in before. I reckon they will again. Boris won’t be around too long after Brexit deal apparently. 

I could see Rishi taking over early next year once the vaccination programme fully under way

manaliveits105

The Stone has been in the Capital for years - why move it to Perth now ? 
obviously a natsy publicity stunt 

of Brigadoon proportions and lapped up by the Jimmy Krankie brigade cocos. She was actually chortling in Parliament when it was raised

Hopefully the good people of Edinburgh remember all her anti Capital behaviour in the elections as well as the SNP’s poor performance in government 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The Stone has been in the Capital for years - why move it to Perth now ? 
obviously a natsy publicity stunt 

of Brigadoon proportions and lapped up by the Jimmy Krankie brigade cocos. She was actually chortling in Parliament when it was raised

Hopefully the good people of Edinburgh remember all her anti Capital behaviour in the elections as well as the SNP’s poor performance in government 

You have none of that!

Landslide SNP win on an Indy ticket.

Suck it up & weep.

”Brigadoon & Jimmy Krankie”? You really know how to shape an argument.

Yer butt hurt is plain for all to see.

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You have none of that!

Landslide SNP win on an Indy ticket.

Suck it up & weep.

”Brigadoon & Jimmy Krankie”? You really know how to shape an argument.

Yer butt hurt is plain for all to see.

Do you think the SNP will campaign on a rejoin the EU ticket Pans?

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

SNP are market leaders there, from top to bottom.

7 minutes ago, pablo said:

I certainly do. The Brexit deal allows a future independent Scotland access to English markets as an EU member. The scaremongering argument that was being made about how Scotland would be shutting out its largest trading partner and have to take great pains to negotiate a brand new agreement has now been completely obliterated. As a practical matter they also can't veto Scotland's joining anymore, and they've already given a special dispensation to Northern Ireland, who voted against leaving, while ignoring Scotland's far stronger remain vote entirely. It leaves only one practical solution.

The Tories are well discovering the problem with trying to spin so many incompatible lies all at once.

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Please Seymour, tell us more about the SNP being market leaders in racism and xenophobia while sneering at Ireland and calling me a Sherman Tank for my opinions.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

I certainly do. The Brexit deal allows a future independent Scotland access to English markets as an EU member. The scaremongering argument that was being made about how Scotland would be shutting out its largest trading partner and have to take great pains to negotiate a brand new agreement has now been completely obliterated. As a practical matter they also can't veto Scotland's joining anymore, and they've already given a special dispensation to Northern Ireland, who voted against leaving, while ignoring Scotland's far stronger remain vote entirely. It leaves only one practical solution.

The Tories are well discovering the problem with trying to spin so many incompatible lies all at once.

Interesting. Obviously it will come some pretty extreme challenges. Scotland would first need to meet the criteria to join as a new member, nothing like the conditions the UK walked away from. It would also mean an end to the freedom of movement of people on the Island and customs formalities on the border. Starting life outside of the UK and the EU would be tough. It will be interesting to hear how they position it if that's the road they go down.

1 minute ago, pablo said:

Interesting. Obviously it will come some pretty extreme challenges. Scotland would first need to meet the criteria to join as a new member, nothing like the conditions the UK walked away from. It would also mean an end to the freedom of movement of people on the Island and customs formalities on the border. Starting life outside of the UK and the EU would be tough. It will be interesting to hear how they position it if that's the road they go down.

Yeah for sure. It's definitely something in need of a lot of planning and a lot of PR, but the starting point of “no deal” between a newly independent Scotland and the remains of the UK has changed completely—it would now be the exact same access the rest of the EU has. It would also make zero political (or economic) sense to not immediately give the same dispensation to Scotland as Northern Ireland got, and just move that much softer border from the Irish Sea to England/Scotland.

Now, England certainly has a recent knack for taking economic decisions that make zero sense as we know, but fool me once/fool me twice and all that.

36 minutes ago, pablo said:

Certainly for the right to choose to rejoin IF we want to. 

manaliveits105
57 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Market leaders in plain lies as well with the Murrells 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The British Empire has been lovely to other nations! 

Seymour M Hersh
17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The British Empire has been lovely to other nations! 

Scotland and the British Empire

John M. MacKenzie and T. M. Devine

"The extraordinary influence of Scots in the British Empire has long been recognised. As administrators, settlers, temporary residents, professionals, plantation owners, and as military personnel, they were strikingly prominent in North America, the Caribbean, Australasia, South Africa, India, and colonies in South-East Asia and Africa. Throughout these regions they brought to bear distinctive Scottish experience as well as particular educational, economic, cultural, and religious influences. Moreover, the relationship between Scots and the British Empire had a profound effect upon many aspects of Scottish society".

So only the English, Welsh and Northern Irish did bad things the Scottish influence was lovely and fluffy. 

Scotland and the British Empire

John M. MacKenzie and T. M. Devine

"The extraordinary influence of Scots in the British Empire has long been recognised. As administrators, settlers, temporary residents, professionals, plantation owners, and as military personnel, they were strikingly prominent in North America, the Caribbean, Australasia, South Africa, India, and colonies in South-East Asia and Africa. Throughout these regions they brought to bear distinctive Scottish experience as well as particular educational, economic, cultural, and religious influences. Moreover, the relationship between Scots and the British Empire had a profound effect upon many aspects of Scottish society".

So only the English, Welsh and Northern Irish did bad things the Scottish influence was lovely and fluffy. 

Scots included. I wasn't separating Scots. The British have been brutal to other nations at times. Whatever the SNP have done to cloud your judgement doesn't come close to wars, thieving......

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

The Brexit deal allows a future independent Scotland access to English markets as an EU member.

I've seen this said, but is that definitely so?

I'm sure I saw that the agreement stands for the existing members but any countries that join the EU in the future are at the UK's discretion. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I've seen this said, but is that definitely so?

I'm sure I saw that the agreement stands for the existing members but any countries that join the EU in the future are at the UK's discretion. 

Interesting, thanks. Obviously we're all trying to absorb a rather large agreement and will have seen different things, so I'd be curious to see the source of that interpretation of it.

Even if so, access "to the UK" would be across the Irish Sea to the Republic because of the dispensation already given to Northern Ireland, and it would make no economic sense for either side to make it have to be like that... still, stranger things have already happened, so who knows.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scots included. I wasn't separating Scots. The British have been brutal to other nations at times. Whatever the SNP have done to cloud your judgement doesn't come close to wars, thieving......

Okay so the French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese were all benign. We British are just the world baddies. In answer to your second sentence I was replying to Konrad's assertion that UKIP were all racists etc and suggested that the SNP and their support were as bad. It was you that brought up empire. 

Konrad von Carstein

Okay so the French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese were all benign. We British are just the world baddies. In answer to your second sentence I was replying to Konrad's assertion that UKIP were all racists etc and suggested that the SNP and their support were as bad. It was you that brought up empire. 

No, you insisted that the SNP were worse! "Leaders from top to bottom" were your words...

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

No, you insisted that the SNP were worse! "Leaders from top to bottom" were your words...

And? 

29 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Correct. Poor argument as other nations empirical involvement make it even worse. The SNP don't want invade anyone or create any wars.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Utterly crass. Scottish history, you mug 

It’s just a bit of rock m8. Giving it a name doesn’t make it any less of a meaningless object

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s just a bit of rock m8. Giving it a name doesn’t make it any less of a meaningless object

It's a stone, actually and it's part of the Scottish nation's history. The Queen sits on a chair in a big house wearing a party hat going by your logic. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's a stone, actually and it's part of the Scottish nation's history. The Queen sits on a chair in a big house wearing a party hat going by your logic. 

I find it hard to get a nob-on over a chunk of rock from the 13th century, that’s all.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

And, you're a slaver...

And you're blind to the SNP such is your slavish devotion to the cult.  A bit sad really. Typical of nationalists though I suppose. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And you're blind to the SNP such is your slavish devotion to the cult.  A bit sad really. Typical of nationalists though I suppose. 

:cornette:

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I find it hard to get a nob-on over a chunk of rock from the 13th century, that’s all.

It's part of our history though. 

Weakened Offender
26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I love it when the witless plebs call the SNP a cult. 😁

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Did we no chore it from Ireland? 

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Don't know if chored but it has an association with Ireland.

Think we did. I don't even think it is the original stone anyway. That one's probably in someone's back garden. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Think we did. I don't even think it is the original stone anyway. That one's probably in someone's back garden. 

So many stories. I bought Ian Hamilton's autobiography years ago as he was one the students that stole it. It's part of our history whatever it's travels.

12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I love it when the snp supporters call people names - this page is littered with it but it does show they have little else 

Both are at it.

Konrad von Carstein

This guy is on ignore due to his inability to compose a sentence about the SNP without calling MP's, MSP's the First Minister and SNP supporters "names" that and the fact that his only purpose on this and the brexit thread is to troll...but hey, we have little else

:clyay:

image.png.1dfef6daf371c42aa6033d35d247d560.png