The rise and fall of The SNP.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, theshed said:

No got a clue what he’s done but to call him a hero 🤷‍♀️

Yeah I’d read bits that he’d done something outrageous and seen reports of shame etc being purported, Scottish cringe imo. 
No shame in what he’s done i don’t think. Get it right up that place. He done something he believes in. I don’t have a problem with that. I’d have laughed no matter what party he represented. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

12 hours ago, weehammy said:

Regardless of football or even political party affiliation, he made a complete trumpet of himself in a very obvious and childish performance for the cameras.

A Hearts fan displaying childish behaviour whilst supporting the SNP....so, what's his user name on here then.  There are a few who fit the bill 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Gorgeous. 😍

EE7D4A07-78BE-48EF-A6AF-B5075A3ED29C.jpeg

Not like the Scotsman to have benefit scroungers on the front page either.
Fair play. 

Drew may have acted like a mentalist but he's got people talking about the Internal Market Bill which is a huge power grab by Westminster and undermines Devolution

(at the same time as Westminster is talking about devolution for English regions with a straight face)

manaliveits105

Nicky ragdolled in FMQ re drugs performance - she just can’t bring herself to tell the truth - i.e. snp are too focussed on indy2 to bother about the day jobs - don’t bother us now

Disgrace 

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Drew may have acted like a mentalist but he's got people talking about the Internal Market Bill which is a huge power grab by Westminster and undermines Devolution

(at the same time as Westminster is talking about devolution for English regions with a straight face)

Instead of getting others talking about it, he would have been better debating in the chamber like he's paid to.

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Instead of getting others talking about it, he would have been better debating in the chamber like he's paid to.

Maybe he would have been better doing that, but getting people talking about issues in a democracy is how democracies work and falls within the remit of what he's paid to do.

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Maybe he would have been better doing that, but getting people talking about issues in a democracy is how democracies work and falls within the remit of what he's paid to do.

The ends do not justify the means. 

He was acting like a petulant school child, but that's entirely in keeping with the rebellious SNP approach in Westminster.

Edited by Candy

23 minutes ago, Candy said:

Didn't he do both?

Space Mackerel
15 minutes ago, Candy said:

The ends do not justify the means. 

He was acting like a petulant school child, but that's entirely in keeping with the rebellious SNP approach in Westminster.

Mind David Mundells laddie got launched out Holyrood a month or 2 ago? 

50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not like the Scotsman to have benefit scroungers on the front page either.
Fair play. 

:lol:

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nicky ragdolled in FMQ re drugs performance - she just can’t bring herself to tell the truth - i.e. snp are too focussed on indy2 to bother about the day jobs - don’t bother us now

Disgrace 

Maybe if they’d devolve the policy it could help? It’s all based on laws from 1971...things changed at all you think since then? Not to excuse anyone of their responsibilities here either but a different approach is needed surely. 
This fella ain’t Scottish...

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/19/scotland-drugs-problem-westminster-policy?__twitter_impression=true

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Maybe if they’d devolve the policy it could help? It’s all based on laws from 1971...things changed at all you think since then? Not to excuse anyone of their responsibilities here either but a different approach is needed surely. 
This fella ain’t Scottish...

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/19/scotland-drugs-problem-westminster-policy?__twitter_impression=true

If the law is so bad why are the deaths lower elsewhere in the UK?

42 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Disgrace 

She still talking or did she actually answer the question she was asked?

As usual can’t answer the question so just keeps saying sorry sorry..

oh well that’s ok then everything good again 🙄

I see she won’t sack the drugs minister and she’s going to work with him to sort the problem. I thought being the FM means you have lots of people you trust working for you? 

She’s a very busy women sorting all these problems herself 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Candy said:

If the law is so bad why are the deaths lower elsewhere in the UK?

There’s a way they’re counted here I believe which changes things a bit but we have different problems here obviously. Why do people die in their 50’s in some parts of Glasgow? Different areas need different policies. Personally the minimum pricing on booze didn’t go nearly far enough and they got dogs abuse for that. 
Who was in power when Edinburgh was aids capital of Europe with the massive herion problems? Dundee had huge problems through the 90’s too. Who’s fault was that?
Scotland has long had drink and drug problems. There are culture problems here imo. Have been for a long time.

I’m not excusing anyone btw but it’s not just about shouting about a headline there has to be desire for big changes in our culture. 

11 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Nothing to be proud about anywhere in the UK.

Scexiteers are clutching at straws trying to argue that independence or more devolved powers would have made a difference.  In the hands of the SNP it might have made things worse right enough.  

13 years the Nats have been in charge.  Not quite a generation, but long enough to make a difference

Edited by Candy

Space Mackerel
Just now, Candy said:

Nothing to be proud about anywhere in the UK.

Scexiteers are clutching at straws trying to argue that independence or more devolved powers would have made a difference.  In the hands of the SNP it miht have made things worse right enough.  

13 years the Nats have been in charge.  Not quite a generation, but long enough to make a difference

So your statement about drug deaths being lower in other parts of the UK is complete lies.

This is what happens when you read the mainly pro Unionist MSM I guess. 

Just now, weehammy said:

Sadly but predictably the usual herd of cybernats are on defending the indefensible.

That MP would deserve to be called an attention seeking fool whatever party he represented.

Scotland’s drug deaths data are so bad that even your beloved leader has apologised for them.

But you all crack on.

:bigyawn:

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

So your statement about drug deaths being lower in other parts of the UK is complete lies.

This is what happens when you read the mainly pro Unionist MSM I guess. 

That right wing rag the Guardian has it as 3.5 x the rest of the UK

Scotland's drug-related death toll more than 3.5 times rate for whole UK | Scotland | The Guardian

13 hours ago, weehammy said:

Regardless of football or even political party affiliation, he made a complete trumpet of himself in a very obvious and childish performance for the cameras.

I don't suppose you have a link to show us what the cameras picked up.

Space Mackerel

Thanks, that article also confirms that the rate is 3.5 x. 

If you care to apologise for calling me a liar I'll graciously accept.

You do know you would fail a maths test or possibly an intelligence one  if you got ‘highest number’ and ‘highest rate’ mixed up? 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

You do know you would fail a maths test or possibly an intelligence one  if you got ‘highest number’ and ‘highest rate’ mixed up? 

The reason Scotland is in the news for drug deaths is the rate per million not total deaths, which would be a ridiculous comparison.

But you knew that didn't you?

Space Mackerel

The reason Scotland is in the news for drug deaths is the rate per million not total deaths, which would be a ridiculous comparison.

But you knew that didn't you?

Can you not just accept you were wrong and let it go? ☺️

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Candy said:

aye, whit aboot the toaries eh?

I think that his post  may be a wee reminder not to throw stones from the confines of your greenhouse.

Nothing wrong with doing that in my opinion...

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I think that his post  may be a wee reminder not to throw stones from the confines of your greenhouse.

You’re not allowed to mention anything about the WM government, ever it seems. Just accept that no previous administration has ever been as bad as this present SG. 
Seems that we can compare scotland to the rest of the U.K. when it suits (or if things are bad) and then if we appear to be doing better anywhere we shouldn’t ever compare it to the rest of the U.K. 

🤷🏽‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I don't live in a glass house and I'm certainly not defending any politician who gets chucked out for childish behaviour.

Point I was making was one I make regularly on here that "whit aboot the toaries etc" is the typical lazy reply when someone critiscises the SNP. 

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’re not allowed to mention anything about the WM government, ever it seems. Just accept that no previous administration has ever been as bad as this present SG. 
Seems that we can compare scotland to the rest of the U.K. when it suits (or if things are bad) and then if we appear to be doing better anywhere we shouldn’t ever compare it to the rest of the U.K. 

🤷🏽‍♂️

It's not usually comparisons though, it's deflections, like bringing up Dominic Cummings when someone mentions super spreader Margret Covid or when the hearts fan got launched the other day, it's "aye, but..the Tory boy did anaw"

Your earlier point about drug deaths was very well put I thought 👍

manaliveits105

SNP maintain strong lead in Holyrood voting intention

The latest YouGov Scottish Independence research shows Yes narrowly ahead of No by 51% to 49%. This is slightly down from the six-point lead (53% to 47%) we saw in August, which was the biggest Yes lead of any YouGov poll. All these figures are within the margin of error of a dead-heat.

Untitled-1-01%20(1).png

From Yougov 12th November- trust that over The Hootsmon ta 

Space Mackerel

It's not usually comparisons though, it's deflections, like bringing up Dominic Cummings when someone mentions super spreader Margret Covid or when the hearts fan got launched the other day, it's "aye, but..the Tory boy did anaw"

Did you miss the Tobias Ellwood story today?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

SNP maintain strong lead in Holyrood voting intention

The latest YouGov Scottish Independence research shows Yes narrowly ahead of No by 51% to 49%. This is slightly down from the six-point lead (53% to 47%) we saw in August, which was the biggest Yes lead of any YouGov poll. All these figures are within the margin of error of a dead-heat.

Untitled-1-01%20(1).png

From Yougov 12th November- trust that over The Hootsmon ta 

That’s over a month old 😁😁😁

Konrad von Carstein
17 minutes ago, Candy said:

I don't live in a glass house and I'm certainly not defending any politician who gets chucked out for childish behaviour.

Point I was making was one I make regularly on here that "whit aboot the toaries etc" is the typical lazy reply when someone critiscises the SNP. 

Who have been in power at Westminster for over a decade?

Who are attempting, by many accounts, a power grab with the internal market.

Who controls the drugs policy currently being used as a club by Unionists to hammer the Scottish Government?

The Toaries!

THAT'S why a flip over to them is a common response to critisism of the SG... But you're no daft, you know that fine well.

jack D and coke

I don’t think either of the governments in this country are great shakes you don’t have to look very far to punch holes in them. 
There’s no balance on anything now though. It’s the same posters just using anything to try make scotland look bad in every respect. The concern for the jakeys and junkies is bordering on amusing atm. 
I worked up and down the U.K. and Ireland etc for over 15 years and I don’t see much difference in problems wherever I’ve been. Ireland for example I found was pretty violent with stabbings and murders etc and although not part of our governments it’s practically the same place. 
Some parts of England are also the epitome of complete and utter shithole and some places absolutely cracking. Is there problems here? Of course there is but in general we have it good imo. I don’t like the constant running the place down tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did you miss the Tobias Ellwood story today?

Yes I did. Another one who wants people to do as he says, not as he does

Edited by Candy

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

All these precarious benefit hound junkies in the Weege and Scumdee love Nicola, there is the irony.

Now we some honesty from a true blue Tory. 🤣

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

All these precarious benefit hound junkies in the Weege and Scumdee love Nicola, there is the irony.

Yep, there it is.

I find it laughable that the drug deaths are being passed about like a ball to be honest. 

I'm in the meetings regularly, and during lockdown the Anonymous groups were put on the back burner. This caused more than a few relapses and I know of 6 folk who died due to addiction between March and September. 

The big problem just now is that drugs aren't getting into the country so that creates a market for fake valium (thats always been there), more severe cutting agents snd people experimenting with drugs that aren't their usual tipple.

I'm sure i also read an article that our drug deaths are mostly in an older age group, and again, based purely on my experience this is true. The human body also can't cope with long term drug abuse. So what we are now seeing is the old timers that started in the 80s and 90s. 

The SNP criminally cut the treatment funding.

But they can't change policy which is what is needed.

The only time the Tories care about addicts is when the yearly statistics are out.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

How very mature of you.

Almost as mature as describing posters with an opposing life view to your own as the  "usual herd of cybernats"....

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t think either of the governments in this country are great shakes you don’t have to look very far to punch holes in them. 
There’s no balance on anything now though. It’s the same posters just using anything to try make scotland look bad in every respect. The concern for the jakeys and junkies is bordering on amusing atm. 
I worked up and down the U.K. and Ireland etc for over 15 years and I don’t see much difference in problems wherever I’ve been. Ireland for example I found was pretty violent with stabbings and murders etc and although not part of our governments it’s practically the same place. 
Some parts of England are also the epitome of complete and utter shithole and some places absolutely cracking. Is there problems here? Of course there is but in general we have it good imo. I don’t like the constant running the place down tbh. 

Agreed, and it's usually that which provokes me into weighing-in occasionally on this thread. Good post. :icon14:

1 hour ago, BudgeUp said:

I find it laughable that the drug deaths are being passed about like a ball to be honest. 

I'm in the meetings regularly, and during lockdown the Anonymous groups were put on the back burner. This caused more than a few relapses and I know of 6 folk who died due to addiction between March and September. 

The big problem just now is that drugs aren't getting into the country so that creates a market for fake valium (thats always been there), more severe cutting agents snd people experimenting with drugs that aren't their usual tipple.

I'm sure i also read an article that our drug deaths are mostly in an older age group, and again, based purely on my experience this is true. The human body also can't cope with long term drug abuse. So what we are now seeing is the old timers that started in the 80s and 90s. 

The SNP criminally cut the treatment funding.

But they can't change policy which is what is needed.

The only time the Tories care about addicts is when the yearly statistics are out.

Didn't know much about this until the son of an old workmate died from an o/d of this ("street-valium" anyway, which I assume is the same thing) at the age of 49 late last year... Horrendous stuff by the sounds of it, and all too easy to take too much of or in a fatal combination with other substances. The police were pretty sure his death was entirely accidental, rather than a deliberate o/d.

The lad had a good upbringing and a loving family but lost his way quite badly some years ago, fallen-in with some dodgy company, and was abusing alcohol and other substances. Although he'd undoubtedly made some really bad choices, he certainly didn't deserve to die - alone - from whatever shite was in the tablets he was sold, however.

Good luck to you if you're participating in these meetings as part of your recovery; hats-off and well done if you're involved in hosting them.