The rise and fall of The SNP.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It doesn't need to mate, we're not some third world country with zero to offer. 

I know the unionist press would have you believe we're some pathetic basket case that uniquely can't exist without another nation taking us under their wing, but it's shite. 

I would disagree with that. But answer me this - why did the Yes campaign make such a big deal of the oil income then?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I would disagree with that. But answer me this - why did the Yes campaign make such a big deal of the oil income then?

Because it's a boon that most nations of our size don't have?

I don't know, I'm not the YES campaign, I didn't even live here at the time. 

But do go on, you disagree, but with which bit - is Scotland a pathetic basket case that can't exist without England looking after us or are we a third world country with zero to offer?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Because it's a boon that most nations of our size don't have?

I don't know, I'm not the YES campaign, I didn't even live here at the time. 

But do go on, you disagree, but with which bit - is Scotland a pathetic basket case that can't exist without England looking after us or are we a third world country with zero to offer?

Sorry, meant to say wouldn’t disagree 

14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“oil will pay for everything”

Oil is what we can build upon. Along with renewable energy, food and drink, tourism (especially ancient and new sovereign status). The people above everything else, is what will rebuild Scotland. Especially when we're a new state with EU membership and access to the rUK market. Yes, plenty of new investment coming to Scotland and with our territory boundary Nato will say welcome, which will also give England a huge sigh of relief. And with the Fisher people well and truly fecked again by WM, what exactly have they now got to be resistant to independence. Feck what exactly does an independent Scotland have to cause fear in anyone. 

Sovereignty, tick

Taking back control, tick

Full access to both our biggest trading markets, tick. 

What else do we need, that's right, currency.

Well...

President Sturgeon on the new Scottish Euro will be the final touch. :)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Oil is what we can build upon. Along with renewable energy, food and drink, tourism (especially ancient and new sovereign status). The people above everything else, is what will rebuild Scotland. Especially when we're a new state with EU membership and access to the rUK market. Yes, plenty of new investment coming to Scotland and with our territory boundary Nato will say welcome, which will also give England a huge sigh of relief. And with the Fisher people well and truly fecked again by WM, what exactly have they now got to be resistant to independence. Feck what exactly does an independent Scotland have to cause fear in anyone. 

Sovereignty, tick

Taking back control, tick

Full access to both our biggest trading markets, tick. 

What else do we need, that's right, currency.

Well...

President Sturgeon on the new Scottish Euro will be the final touch. :)

Merry Christmas you radge x

Space Mackerel
On 23/12/2020 at 18:42, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“oil will pay for everything”

Aberdeen harbour (oil capital of Europe) v London harbour.

FC6A31E8-151D-482B-91AC-16ABD412136A.jpeg

369420D2-F637-4F0C-8824-E42643FC6480.jpeg

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Aberdeen harbour (oil capital of Europe) v London harbour.

FC6A31E8-151D-482B-91AC-16ABD412136A.jpeg

369420D2-F637-4F0C-8824-E42643FC6480.jpeg

How much money goes through London compared to Aberdeen?

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

How much money goes through London compared to Aberdeen?

How many shares does auld Liz have in BP? 
In fact, how many shares does the Dutch Royal family have in Shell? 

Add them up. 

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

How many shares does auld Liz have in BP? 
In fact, how many shares does the Dutch Royal family have in Shell? 

Add them up. 

So, how much money goes through London compared to Aberdeen?

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

BP is HQ’ed in London. Last I knew 17,0000 admin jobs were there. 

BP is HQ’ed in London. Last I knew 17,0000 admin jobs were there. 

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Well, obviously from the photos, all of it. 

Do you wanna buy some UJ fish now? 

Well, obviously from the photos, all of it. 

Do you wanna buy some UJ fish now? 

So, how much money goes through London compared to Aberdeen? Do you have a point or an answer? 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

So, how much money goes through London compared to Aberdeen? Do you have a point or an answer? 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You read a link from a Professor of Economics in that time? 

No, I was asking you for a point or an answer, you've provided niether.....as usual. 

Edited by Dawnrazor

Space Mackerel

No, I was asking you for a point or an answer, you've provided niether.....as unusual. 

It’s all there, just read it, I have. 

Unless you don’t want to read it. And continue to be obtuse about the whole subject

It’s all there, just read it, I have. 

Unless you don’t want to read it. And continue to be obtuse about the whole subject

You posted a photo of two harbour areas, one of Aberdeen, population of less than 200,000 and one of London, population of over eight million, what was your point?

Do you think the harbour of Aberdeen should be bigger than the harbour of one of the biggest financial capitals of the world?

Do you have a point or an answer or are you going to be obtuse about the whole subject?

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You posted a photo of two harbour areas, one of Aberdeen, population of less than 200,000 and one of London, population of over eight million, what was your point?

Do you think the harbour of Aberdeen should be bigger than the harbour of one of the biggest financial capitals of the world?

Do you have a point or an answer or are you going to be obtuse about the whole subject?

I think, think, he nay be suggesting that for Aberdeen (in this case) to be one of the worlds leading oil industry centres, that the harbour, or some other area of the city, should look a little more like Canary Wharf etc...Given the money, engineering excellence etc that the city is home to...but due to successive UK gov'ts funnelling or offering subsidies* to the South East of England it hasn't happened...and Aberdeen remains, a shitehole.

I have no rooster in this cock fight so don't care either way, was just trying to cut through the sexual tension that seemed to be building between you two...

* I may have made that up...

Space Mackerel
10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I honestly think you don’t have any critical thinking in that brain. 
I actually hope Santa brings you one tonight.

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I think, think, he nay be suggesting that for Aberdeen (in this case) to be one of the worlds leading oil industry centres, that the harbour, or some other area of the city, should look a little more like Canary Wharf etc...Given the money, engineering excellence etc that the city is home to...but due to successive UK gov'ts funnelling or offering subsidies* to the South East of England it hasn't happened...and Aberdeen remains, a shitehole.

I have no rooster in this cock fight so don't care either way, was just trying to cut through the sexual tension that seemed to be building between you two...

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

It's a completely ridiculous comparison though, that's my point, incomparable.

The money that goes through London from sources other than oil dwarfs what Aberdeen would ever have made.

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

I honestly think you don’t have any critical thinking in that brain. 
I actually hope Santa brings you one tonight.

Another childish post, I've asked you numerous times what your point was or the answer could have been, you've avoided answering, you don't seem to be able to answer any point raised against yours and you say I've not got a critical thinking brain🤣🤣🤣🤣

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The money that goes through London from sources other than oil dwarfs what Aberdeen would ever have made.

And still he hasn’t read the link from the economist who explains how oil got the UK out the shit after the 70’s 🤣

Konrad von Carstein

Your well made point the money flung at London by design? Does dwarf what runs trough Aberdeen, however, does not resolve the issue that Aberdeen with the millions/billions(?) it creates/created should be looking a bit more Dallas than than err Aberdeen...the reasons for that are beyond my level of interest in the subject...

And still he hasn’t read the link from the economist who explains how oil got the UK out the shit after the 70’s 🤣

ee2383f4f58802d4b825ada2c03e1c9d.jpg

Space Mackerel

Canary Wharf in 1980,dwarfing Aberdeen even then🤣🤣

ee2383f4f58802d4b825ada2c03e1c9d.jpg

Im a contractor for ACC for last 15 years. Why are they begging for handouts off Westminster now? 🤣

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Your well made point the money flung at London by design? Does dwarf what runs trough Aberdeen, however, does not resolve the issue that Aberdeen with the millions/billions(?) it creates/created should be looking a bit more Dallas than than err Aberdeen...the reasons for that are beyond my level of interest in the subject...

London privedes and has provided more than just oil, Abereen was a one trick pony.

Should Greenock look like Ulsan because it built ships a while ago?

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Im a contractor for ACC for last 15 years. Why are they begging for handouts off Westminster now? 🤣

So what was you point, I'm still waiting😅😅😅

Space Mackerel

So what was you point, I'm still waiting😅😅😅

Scum like you and me have been taken for a ride. 

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

London privedes and has provided more than just oil, Abereen was a one trick pony.

Should Greenock look like Ulsan because it built ships a while ago?

One trick pony or not, it should have had more money/subsidies flung at it, if the 17K admin type jobs in London for one of the majors is correct, there is no reason that Aberdeen couldn't have a sizable chunk of them located there.

Apropos of nothing, never been to Ulsan, but old work has many contracts with one of the shipyards there and commercial people didn't come back after visits saying they wanted to live there...

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

We really haven't.

Dawnrazor thinks he’s getting a invite to Bilderburg group now.

Bless his wee cotton socks. 

Dawnrazor thinks he’s getting a invite to Bilderburg group now.

Bless his wee cotton socks. 

Another grown up post, well done👍

Space Mackerel
38 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Another grown up post, well done👍

38 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Anyway it's Xmas eve, hugs and kisses to you both...

Merry Christmas Konrad vC. FTH 👍

Edited by Space Mackerel

9 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Another childish post, I've asked you numerous times what your point was or the answer could have been, you've avoided answering, you don't seem to be able to answer any point raised against yours and you say I've not got a critical thinking brain🤣🤣🤣🤣

image.png.a31f512daca7f32345527d8cbc28df39.png

:wink: Merry Christmas Dawn, and everybody

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Oil built London in many ways to suggest otherwise is naive.

Wood it no be concrete, glass and steel 

I'll get ma coat 

Seymour M Hersh

I believe Sturgeon will be gutted that an EU deal has been accomplished. For her "give me freedum" cause she really wanted a no deal.