Jump to content

The rise and fall of The SNP.


Zlatanable

Recommended Posts

Just now, XB52 said:

Well every one with a brain knows you are wrong. Honestly why don't you head over to Washington DC where you will find loads of brain dead idiots to agree with you 

 

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about me, First interaction with me you were calling me stupid. Bet I end up living in your head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Space Mackerel

    454

  • jack D and coke

    253

  • ri Alban

    232

  • Smithee

    184

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

 

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about me, First interaction with me you were calling me stupid. Bet I end up living in your head.

He's funny! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ri Alban said:

He's funny! 

 

He is funny.

 

 

But not HAHA funny, More look at that funny man, BOBBY RUNNNN!

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Herbert said:

 

He is funny.

 

 

But not HAHA funny, More look at that funny man, BOBBY RUNNNN!

You're funny! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
On 14/11/2020 at 07:48, SE16 3LN said:

You didn't ask a question Tartan Tory boy. 

 

If a test and protect/trace system relies only on people answering their phone, emails or texts then its a not a system "working well" to quote your Deity. You send people out there and find the infected. 

 

If the govt. claims twice as many people are being contacted in 24 hours period than actually are being contacted, then the govt. has misled the people and the "error" excuse is laughable. Remember, the Nationalist party have been making political capital out of the Test and trace system in England for months, only to be caught fudging and failing on their own system. Its lamentable that the Scottish supremacist movement can't see through this, but you are the evidence that they can't.

Belgium yah gammon Morris Dancer lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Herbert said:

 

Fancy dinner and a film 😉

I reckon he should, I heard you're a great first date - you'll swallow anything :o

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

I reckon he should, I heard you're a great first date - you'll swallow anything :o

 

 

That's not true. I draw the line at red wine  Apart from that I'm easy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow

I'd have thought there would have been some discussion of this on here,  no? Boris labelling Scottish devolution a disaster,  and Tony Blair's biggest mistake. 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54965585

 

EDIT- It's in the Tory Lies thread innit 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow
Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I'd have thought there would have been some discussion of this on here,  no? Boris labelling Scottish devolution a disaster,  and Tony Blair's biggest mistake. 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54965585

It’s his opinion and I’m fairly certain almost everyone who believes in the union would agree with him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s his opinion and I’m fairly certain almost everyone who believes in the union would agree with him. 

Not sure,  you do get unionists who argue for more devolution. Interesting to see how this goes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Not sure,  you do get unionists who argue for more devolution. Interesting to see how this goes. 

Do you? Hmm I reckon they’d see that place closed tomorrow and to make all this go away. It’s part of the problem imo, they don’t want to deal with it and just want all to go away. That just feeds it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Do you? Hmm I reckon they’d see that place closed tomorrow and to make all this go away. It’s part of the problem imo, they don’t want to deal with it and just want all to go away. That just feeds it. 

Labour wouldn't. Labour know that the only way the kill off Nationalism is to give Scotland home rule. Unfortunately for them they aren't in the position of power to make those changes.

The Tories however......

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Do you? Hmm I reckon they’d see that place closed tomorrow and to make all this go away. It’s part of the problem imo, they don’t want to deal with it and just want all to go away. That just feeds it. 

I've heard both ideas coming from them. The nut jobs who think federalism can work here, and the nut jobs who don't believe Scotland is capable of doing ANYTHING.

 

Depends which nut job you ask. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Labour wouldn't. Labour know that the only way the kill off Nationalism is to give Scotland home rule. Unfortunately for them they aren't in the position of power to make those changes.

The Tories however......

Labour have been promising Scotland home rule since Keir Hardie. They won’t be trusted again here imo. 
I honestly think you could have the best of labour of the past and they’d fail now. Labour have had some tragic leaders up here and Leonard is clearly the worst but you could have Robin Cook or John Smith in the Scottish parliament and they’d be made to look silly. They’ll have to wait for a goon to take control of the SNP and judging by the quality of people behind NS it might not be too long to wait actually. That’s their only hope of gaining ground and even then that might not be enough. There’s a hardcore of snp and people who just want independence now. It’ll be difficult to regain them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Labour have been promising Scotland home rule since Keir Hardie. They won’t be trusted again here imo. 
I honestly think you could have the best of labour of the past and they’d fail now. Labour have had some tragic leaders up here and Leonard is clearly the worst but you could have Robin Cook or John Smith in the Scottish parliament and they’d be made to look silly. They’ll have to wait for a goon to take control of the SNP and judging by the quality of people behind NS it might not be too long to wait actually. That’s their only hope of gaining ground and even then that might not be enough. There’s a hardcore of snp and people who just want independence now. It’ll be difficult to regain them. 

Aye but Labour are stuck between a rock and a hard place now. They support devolution because they were the architects but they know the Union is done. They can't undo Devolution and now their only option is to give Scotland more power. I'm not saying they'd actually implement it but that is certainly what they will argue for.  

 

I believe the Tories on the other hand would love to get rid off devolution because they will not be able to implement Brexit without doing so. 

 

Saying it and doing it is two different things though. They've not got the baws to do it. All they can do as you say, is pander to their believers in other parts of the UK.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Labour have been promising Scotland home rule since Keir Hardie. They won’t be trusted again here imo. 
I honestly think you could have the best of labour of the past and they’d fail now. Labour have had some tragic leaders up here and Leonard is clearly the worst but you could have Robin Cook or John Smith in the Scottish parliament and they’d be made to look silly. They’ll have to wait for a goon to take control of the SNP and judging by the quality of people behind NS it might not be too long to wait actually. That’s their only hope of gaining ground and even then that might not be enough. There’s a hardcore of snp and people who just want independence now. It’ll be difficult to regain them. 

Keith Brown is great. And he'll be a phenomenal Scottish Prime Minister. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2020 at 20:59, Spitonastranger said:

Belgium yah gammon Morris Dancer lol 

No idea what you're on about mate. Do you need help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

No idea what you're on about mate. Do you need help?

no but you certainly do 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The good Scottish people need to wake up and get these shysters out of control in Scotland 

Totally.

Say Yes to independence, get the SNP out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, indianajones said:

 

Priti Patel. 

Eh?

 

Come on man, wilful obstruction of justice by a government which has spent most of its party's existence shouting about the corruption and dodginess of the establishment cannot be dismissed by tossing out the name of another scandalous politician. Not everyone that can sees right through the SNP is a Tory. Let's do better in the discussion than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

 

Priti Patel. 

Stock reply.

 

Aye, but whit aboot the Toaries/England/Westminster 

Edited by Fun Boaby
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Totally.

Say Yes to independence, get the SNP out. 

May be ironic but its accurate. SNP GTF AFTER Independence. Suck on it britnatz

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Eh?

 

Come on man, wilful obstruction of justice by a government which has spent most of its party's existence shouting about the corruption and dodginess of the establishment cannot be dismissed by tossing out the name of another scandalous politician. Not everyone that can sees right through the SNP is a Tory. Let's do better in the discussion than that.

 

What form does this wilful obstruction take? Do you not accept that allowing these people to give evidence would reveal the identities of those who made the allegations?

Do you think these people should have their identities protected anyway as AS was found not guilty.

 

Do you think SNP supporters want justice to be obstructed?

 

The Priti Patel answer was pertinent. I assumed that after this enquiry the FM would have to resign because she will have been found to have broken the ministerial code but it looks like this is no longer a thing. She might be saved by Boris.

 

Who do you think makes the decisions as to what the government reveals and what it does not? Do you think these people/person have/has a personal reason for making these decisions which appear on the surface at least, to not be in the public interest?

 

How do you think the enquiry members and AS will react to this apparent obstruction if it remains? Maybe it would be best for the FM to fall on her sword now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

The snp tell us everything will be ok with independence - self sufficient - deficit will be ok - EU will let us straight in - no austerity - currency no problem - yet they lied to us in 2014 about all this and oil and now are covering things up from a parliamentary enquiry - why on earth would anyone trust what they say 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

 

What form does this wilful obstruction take? Do you not accept that allowing these people to give evidence would reveal the identities of those who made the allegations?

Do you think these people should have their identities protected anyway as AS was found not guilty.

 

Do you think SNP supporters want justice to be obstructed?

 

The Priti Patel answer was pertinent. I assumed that after this enquiry the FM would have to resign because she will have been found to have broken the ministerial code but it looks like this is no longer a thing. She might be saved by Boris.

 

Who do you think makes the decisions as to what the government reveals and what it does not? Do you think these people/person have/has a personal reason for making these decisions which appear on the surface at least, to not be in the public interest?

 

How do you think the enquiry members and AS will react to this apparent obstruction if it remains? Maybe it would be best for the FM to fall on her sword now.

The older I get, Coco, the less I believe any politician does anything in the public interest.

 

Patel's disgraceful conduct has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the SNP are desperate to avoid looking like what they are; a political machine that is slick at the top but with very little substance underneath bar banging on about how everything would be rosy if it weren't for Westminster rule.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The snp tell us everything will be ok with independence - self sufficient - deficit will be ok - EU will let us straight in - no austerity - currency no problem - yet they lied to us in 2014 about all this and oil and now are covering things up from a parliamentary enquiry - why on earth would anyone trust what they say 

Because wur freedum, eh!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The snp tell us everything will be ok with independence - self sufficient - deficit will be ok - EU will let us straight in - no austerity - currency no problem - yet they lied to us in 2014 about all this and oil and now are covering things up from a parliamentary enquiry - why on earth would anyone trust what they say 

It's who you trust more and that's Scots choosing their own government and taking responsibility instead of blaming anyone. Westminster has been lying about oil for decades and still do. Could England become independent and if so what's the difference? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The older I get, Coco, the less I believe any politician does anything in the public interest.

 

Patel's disgraceful conduct has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the SNP are desperate to avoid looking like what they are; a political machine that is slick at the top but with very little substance underneath bar banging on about how everything would be rosy if it weren't for Westminster rule.

 

 

 

The behaviour of the SNP over the last 2 years had led me to the same opinion. Patel's conduct has nothing to do with it but it is the reaction to a breach of the ministerial code that might be relevant.

 

 Strangely i never hear much stuff about Indy from the SNP these days. I never hear anybody saying all will be rosy away from Westminster but the Unionists are only playing for time IMO. They have no vision for anything and no intention of improving anybody's lot but their own. They are dragging us down and we must get out and when that happens there is no SNP anymore and we cannot blame anything on Westminster either. The last thing i want is a smaller version of the UK and that seems to be where the SNP want to take us.

    

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The snp tell us everything will be ok with independence - self sufficient - deficit will be ok - EU will let us straight in - no austerity - currency no problem - yet they lied to us in 2014 about all this and oil and now are covering things up from a parliamentary enquiry - why on earth would anyone trust what they say 

The SNP tell us those who live in Scotland will get the government they vote for and the government they elect will be able to make the decisions themselves. There is no obligation to take on the UK deficit and there is no oil as it was only going to last 30 years when first discovered 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Because wur freedum, eh!?

Yep. It's pretty mental to me that the concept of being able to choose our government is sneered at by people who'd rather be dominated by another country.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Stock reply.

 

Aye, but whit aboot the Toaries/England/Westminster 

Because that's the second biggest point whether you like it or not.

 

The first is the democratic deficit in this country where England decides our government. 

 

The second is the absolute ****ing nick of the government in Westminster and the system that surrounds it.

 

I wouldn't expect unionists to enjoy these things being pointed out TBH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The good Scottish people need to wake up and get these shysters out of control in Scotland 

Let’s swap them for a party that aren’t shysters. Who we going for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yep. It's pretty mental to me that the concept of being able to choose our government is sneered at by people who'd rather be dominated by another country.

 

 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Because that's the second biggest point whether you like it or not.

 

The first is the democratic deficit in this country where England decides our government. 

 

The second is the absolute ****ing nick of the government in Westminster and the system that surrounds it.

 

I wouldn't expect unionists to enjoy these things being pointed out TBH.

 

^^^^Baller!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Because that's the second biggest point whether you like it or not.

 

The first is the democratic deficit in this country where England decides our government. 

 

The second is the absolute ****ing nick of the government in Westminster and the system that surrounds it.

 

I wouldn't expect unionists to enjoy these things being pointed out TBH.

Aye, but whit aboot tbe Toaries etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Aye, but whit aboot tbe Toaries etc

 

As I say, I wouldn't expect a staunch unionist to agree and TBQH I have zero interest in trying to convince them.

If that's your best argument I look forward to independence day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

As I say, I wouldn't expect a staunch unionist to agree and TBQH I have zero interest in trying to convince them.

If that's your best argument I look forward to independence day.

Its not my argument  or any other enlightened voter. Moaning about the toaries etc is the default position of the lazy separatists  who have no other solid argument

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...