• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Just now, Smithee said:

Modern nationalisation is interesting. With NS, the Dutch rail operator, instead of being truly nationalised as we understand it, it's still a private company, it's just that the shares are owned by the government.

It still has to react to market forces but they can't forget the core reason they exist.

It's because of this they can win contracts on our railways, make profits, and use them to subsidise rail prices in Netherlands.

Good bit of clarification there.  Changes how I've been advocating it.  

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

I want independence but still criticise the snp for a few things. 

On current form they have no chance of getting to run Scotland post independence if it happened. 

Means to an end because there's no one else.  Though that might be their fault for enjoying a monopoly on this.

One thing I'm dissapointed in is the promise if a nationalised energy company to give affordable energy. 

Promised two years ago but now saying things have changed too much.   I think they just can't ne bothered putting the effort in.

Not everyone wanting independence is fervant snp supporter but no choice.

They aren't doing too well regarding education, health etc, but still got more votes than the other parties.  Though there vote is slightly down. 

We just want away from Westminster. 

I thought you post was very interesting and all the way down I was thinking what an articulate, balanced post.  Until I got to the last sentence.

’we just want away from Westminster’.  

While that may be your desired outcome, to expect the people of this country to vote for all the uncertainty, upheaval and potential economic risk based on the message of ‘WM bad’ will never succeed.

Not aiming this at you specifically but when will a positive outlook be presented that explains how our lives will all be better post independence.  There is no positivity, no vision and no answers to the big questions that people legitimately have.  Increasingly it seems that all the Indy side have is WM, Tories bad and that’s not going to persuade people as recent polls seem to support.  

14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I thought you post was very interesting and all the way down I was thinking what an articulate, balanced post.  Until I got to the last sentence.

While that may be your desired outcome, to expect the people of this country to vote for all the uncertainty, upheaval and potential economic risk based on the message of ‘WM bad’ will never succeed.

Not aiming this at you specifically but when will a positive outlook be presented that explains how our lives will all be better post independence.  There is no positivity, no vision and no answers to the big questions that people legitimately have.  Increasingly it seems that all the Indy side have is WM, Tories bad and that’s not going to persuade people as recent polls seem to support.  

It's not just down to Westminster bad, it's that the voting system will never change and stuck with the same old.  

Will it be a lot better? Who knows.  For me it will be a fairer system though.  That really matters as we are stuck with mostly Tory governments we never vote for.

I'm not wanting a better life just for people here but the changes I'd like will never be delivered by that party.  If we do things that the Tories never will, then the ready if tbe uk can see if they are successful.

We have a different law system here and the snp want to decriminalise cannabis, but strangely that isn't one of the devolved powers.  What have the rest if tbe uk got to lose if we try it?  It doesn't work there's no skin 9f their nose.  If it does, they have the choice to emulate it.  You can see any reason why we shouldn't be able to try that?  You can see why we feel frustrated by some things  

Before we got the oil revenue that didn't come through until.the early 80's, the rest of the uk helped with our infrastructure.  So im not ungrateful for the union, but things have changed regarding how others see democracy.  What Thatcher done with that money is a different argument....

I honestly can't bare the thought of mostly being run by tory governments as they are the opposite of what I believe when it comes to taxes etc.

Watched that iron lady movie the other day and that quote that people have never been equal and never will scunners me.  

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It's not just down to Westminster bad, it's that the voting system will never change and stuck with the same old.  

Will it be a lot better? Who knows.  For me it will be a fairer system though.  That really matters as we are stuck with mostly Tory governments we never vote for.

I'm not wanting a better life just for people here but the changes I'd like will never be delivered by that party.  If we do things that the Tories never will, then the ready if tbe uk can see if they are successful.

We have a different law system here and the snp want to decriminalise cannabis, but strangely that isn't one of the devolved powers.  What have the rest if tbe uk got to lose if we try it?  It doesn't work there's no skin 9f their nose.  If it does, they have the choice to emulate it.  You can see any reason why we shouldn't be able to try that?  You can see why we feel frustrated by some things  

Before we got the oil revenue that didn't come through until.the early 80's, the rest of the uk helped with our infrastructure.  So im not ungrateful for the union, but things have changed regarding how others see democracy.  What Thatcher done with that money is a different argument....

I honestly can't bare the thought of mostly being run by tory governments as they are the opposite of what I believe when it comes to taxes etc.

Watched that iron lady movie the other day and that quote that people have never been equal and never will scunners me.  

I do understand the frustration about successive Tory governments and I would like a change in that regard too.  A decent Labour government would be a welcome change.  

I’ve been very pro union but to be honest that’s based on what I consider gives the best chance for my kids and their future.  No one has ever made a compelling case for ending the status quo.  If someone could really spell out to me how an independent Scotland gives them a better chance and doesn’t risk everything my wife and I have worked to hard to build I would consider it.  Instead I see sturgeons own economic advisor saying indy would be ten times worse than Brexit.  Sure voting systems aren’t currently fair but do I care enough to inflict that pain on us, personally  no.  

My other concern is that post Indy the SNP won’t disappear as some would like us to believe.  At the very least we will have to endure 5 more years or so but realistically they will stand on the ‘vote for us to prevent a third referendum’ ticket which will see them continue in power indefinitely.  The No side will not just lie down after a successful Indy vote, it would be one win each and almost immediately the talk will turn to a decisive third or confirmation ballot.  That keeps us locked in this even longer with the SNP governing.

For me the route to Indy is the SG taking the devolved powers it has and tangibly making Scotland a better place to live then if they didn’t have those powers.  Then they could legitimately say imagine what we could do with the rest of the power.  They have shown they don’t have the capability or appetite to do that.  

10 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Health, Education, Policing - the big portfolios - are fully devolved. A slew of welfare powers were handed back because we "aren't ready" to take them on.

We are governed by the SNP here, not by WM, and glossing over, in fact not even caring about, how bad a job they are doing, the criminal, yes,criminal incompetence that has led to the highest drugs deaths rates in Europe,  the deaths of children as a result of contaminated hospital water supplies, the failing education and health systems, doesn't even seem to register.

Yet they lose their shit about someone making a few sheckles, allegedly, from a PPE.

Wow, just wow.

Nationalism is a vile ideology wherever it rears it's head.

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I do understand the frustration about successive Tory governments and I would like a change in that regard too.  A decent Labour government would be a welcome change.  

I’ve been very pro union but to be honest that’s based on what I consider gives the best chance for my kids and their future.  No one has ever made a compelling case for ending the status quo.  If someone could really spell out to me how an independent Scotland gives them a better chance and doesn’t risk everything my wife and I have worked to hard to build I would consider it.  Instead I see sturgeons own economic advisor saying indy would be ten times worse than Brexit.  Sure voting systems aren’t currently fair but do I care enough to inflict that pain on us, personally  no.  

My other concern is that post Indy the SNP won’t disappear as some would like us to believe.  At the very least we will have to endure 5 more years or so but realistically they will stand on the ‘vote for us to prevent a third referendum’ ticket which will see them continue in power indefinitely.  The No side will not just lie down after a successful Indy vote, it would be one win each and almost immediately the talk will turn to a decisive third or confirmation ballot.  That keeps us locked in this even longer with the SNP governing.

For me the route to Indy is the SG taking the devolved powers it has and tangibly making Scotland a better place to live then if they didn’t have those powers.  Then they could legitimately say imagine what we could do with the rest of the power.  They have shown they don’t have the capability or appetite to do that.  

I think devo max will be offered in the mid to long term future and we might be surprised at how many go with that.  There will be resentment if it's offered just to appease as lots will think why not before it it's the answer rather than just to prevent independence.  Thst could be offered now.

The thing I think no voters have on their side is the fear of too much big politics just now.  Brexit has tired lots of people out. 

The other side of Brexit is that the damage it might cause will push some towards yes. 

You can see by the decriminalisation point I gave why it is frustrating not having these options  

The economic argument will go on forever, but we will always feel we can't deal with these things while Westminster does it for us.

Could also be argued that Westminster isn't delivering the economic policies that would improve our economy.  That's why I'm talking about what we can't control because of it.

We do need to get away from all this football scarf politics so we really debate this.

Identity politics is seemed in our culture and I hate it on all sides.

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Health, Education, Policing - the big portfolios - are fully devolved. A slew of welfare powers were handed back because we "aren't ready" to take them on.

We are governed by the SNP here, not by WM, and glossing over, in fact not even caring about, how bad a job they are doing, the criminal, yes,criminal incompetence that has led to the highest drugs deaths rates in Europe,  the deaths of children as a result of contaminated hospital water supplies, the failing education and health systems, doesn't even seem to register.

Yet they lose their shit about someone making a few sheckles, allegedly, from a PPE.

Wow, just wow.

I'm not talking nationalism, you are...

It's more than just about a few shackles from PPE, it's about that whole nepotistic system. 

You are the one bringing nationalism into it.

Are you as critical about UK nationalism or just using that terminology against independence?

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wow, just wow.

I think your constant use of the dirty word nationalism shows that, no matter what you will remain bias. 

Get all that to **** and it's a decent debate. 

I hate nationalism as well but you throw that at me straight away.

8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm not talking nationalism, you are...

It's more than just about a few shackles from PPE, it's about that whole nepotistic system. 

You are the one bringing nationalism into it.

Are you as critical about UK nationalism or just using that terminology against independence?

And what is more nepotistic than having a power couple like the Murrells, as FM and CEO of the governing party? 

Or the missing £600m from party coffers that is currently the subject of a Police investigation?

Or the myriad cover ups, the pressuring of , supposedly,  external bodies into redacting or changing reports, the regular Court of Session defeats, the Politburo style gagging of their own MSPs/MPs who are unable to criticise or vote against the leadership? It's corrupt.

At least in England, Johnson is criticised and held to account by his own backbenchers and the press. 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And what is more nepotistic than having a power couple like the Murrells, as FM and CEO of the governing party? 

Or the missing £600m from party coffers that is currently the subject of a Police investigation?

Or the myriad cover ups, the pressuring of , supposedly,  external bodies into redacting or changing reports, the regular Court of Session defeats, the Politburo style gagging of their own MSPs/MPs who are unable to criticise or vote against the leadership? It's corrupt.

At least in England, Johnson is criticised and held to account by his own backbenchers and the press. 

The first part in bold is a bit sensationalist. 

The second part I can’t believe you typed without chuckling to yourself. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

At least in England, Johnson is criticised and held to account by his own backbenchers and the press

:lol: To the Nth degree...

Held to account FFS :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I maybe have to post on an independent thread rather than this as I'm not here to defend the snp as I agree with some of the stuff you've posted. 

Boris held to account by his own backbenchers?  I disagree. 

Your hatred of them means no real debate as you're the one who is bringing nationalism into the equation here.

Say it again.  I have no intention in voting for them post independence, if it happened. 

7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I maybe have to post on an independent thread rather than this as I'm not here to defend the snp as I agree with some of the stuff you've posted. 

Boris held to account by his own backbenchers?  I disagree. 

Your hatred of them means no real debate as you're the one who is bringing nationalism into the equation here.

Say it again.  I have no intention in voting for them post independence, if it happened. 

Nationalism is entirely relevant as we have a governing party who don't want devolution to work.

The SNP post independence, in another world, may well disappear like UKIP have done, but in Scotland,  we would still be stuck with the same extreme fanatics, like the Greens, who don't believe in economic growth FFS. Add in all the firebrand, radical lefties like Tommy Sheridan and civil war won't be far away.

Perhaps you could disprove my belief that you are perhaps partial and are being driven by an ideoligical hatred of Tories. Do you agree that nepotism is rife in the SG, from the Murrell power couple to the fraud investigations and the other unhealthy aspects of our governance. The Lord Advocate sitting in Cabinet, the National Police Force etc??

Boris's backbenchers do hold him to account by ignoring 3 line whips. When was the last time an SNP member did likewise??

23 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The first part in bold is a bit sensationalist. 

The second part I can’t believe you typed without chuckling to yourself. 

The first part is a statement of fact. The second part too.

By held to account, I mean by criticising, resigning, rebelling, voting against the Govt. All regular occurrences. 

Again, I would like an answer, when was the last time any elected SNP MP or MSP criticised party policy or voted against the SNP whip??

I want my country to get the government it votes for, to stand and fall by it's own decisions.

The English electorate can't and shouldn't be relied upon to give Scotland a government that has our best interests at heart.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nationalism is entirely relevant as we have a governing party who don't want devolution to work.

The SNP post independence, in another world, may well disappear like UKIP have done, but in Scotland,  we would still be stuck with the same extreme fanatics, like the Greens, who don't believe in economic growth FFS. Add in all the firebrand, radical lefties like Tommy Sheridan and civil war won't be far away.

Perhaps you could disprove my belief that you are perhaps partial and are being driven by an ideoligical hatred of Tories. Do you agree that nepotism is rife in the SG, from the Murrell power couple to the fraud investigations and the other unhealthy aspects of our governance. The Lord Advocate sitting in Cabinet, the National Police Force etc??

Boris's backbenchers do hold him to account by ignoring 3 line whips. When was the last time an SNP member did likewise??

I'm not going to defend the snp against any of your accusations in any way.  

Your post is just saying everything else is shite but the Tories and I don't agree with you about accountability in their own party.

You're using terminology like civil war and I can't be bothered with that.

You might be a liberal government post referendum or even a tory one, but your posts and he language used shoes you are as firebrand and as radical right as they are left.

I despise ideology in modern politics but you seem as steeped in it as much as they are.  

It's not all or nothing nowadays and it shouldn't be in modern democracy  

****ing civil war?   Ffs.

Do you Scotland would go up in flames if independence happened? 

Political dogma is dead and rightly so. 

18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

image.jpeg.b194da7caeef2eb122c370c2c313cad0.jpeg
Mike Russell has fair come doon in the world 

It does look like him.  Though what the **** it has to got to do with Timmy Mallet? 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I want my country to get the government it votes for, to stand and fall by it's own decisions.

The English electorate can't and shouldn't be relied upon to give Scotland a government that has our best interests at heart.

The last 50 years has shown this to be the case.  Labour have lost trust because of it as well.   

But Scotland will be a one part state according to one or two on here and they won't budge from that no matter what.

I've said I won't be voting snp post independence but I still have to answer for them.

Look at language like civil war.  Wasting time trying to have reasonable discussion.

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's the crux of it and absolutely spot on. Nothing more really needs said.

31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

By held to account, I mean by criticising, resigning, rebelling, voting against the Govt. All regular occurrences. 

Again, I would like an answer, when was the last time any elected SNP MP or MSP criticised party policy or voted against the SNP whip??

Joanna Cherry . And looked what happened to her . She’s been sent to Coventry by Sturgeon et al 

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Joanna Cherry . And looked what happened to her . She’s been sent to Coventry by Sturgeon et al 

Exactly.  The removal of any dissenters, the zero tolerance of any criticism,  the redaction of unfavourable reports and the withdrawal from education league tables, such as PISA.  

How the feck has that been allowed to happen in a country like Scotland??

The obsession with what the UK govt do with English taxpayers money seems to blind the fanatics to the acute failings in governance  and democracy, in Scotland .

Sturgeon could have -and should be legally required to - make devolution work. Surely the best way to convince people that Independence would work, would be to use the vast devolved powers effectively.

Making a roaring erse of everything she touches, and blaming WM, seems a strange approach to take.

Boris is hopeless too but the idea that there are less lies or corruption in Scotland than England,  is for the birds.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly.  The removal of any dissenters, the zero tolerance of any criticism,  the redaction of unfavourable reports and the withdrawal from education league tables, such as PISA.  

How the feck has that been allowed to happen in a country like Scotland??

The obsession with what the UK govt do with English taxpayers money seems to blind the fanatics to the acute failings in governance  and democracy, in Scotland .

Sturgeon could have -and should be legally required to - make devolution work. Surely the best way to convince people that Independence would work, would be to use the vast devolved powers effectively.

Making a roaring erse of everything she touches, and blaming WM, seems a strange approach to take.

Boris is hopeless too but the idea that there are less lies or corruption in Scotland than England,  is for the birds.

Good posting . Yes shes had a reality check in the last month with many issues going pear shaped and evidences the mass incompetence of her and her Govt 

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Excellent post. Your last paragraph is very interesting because what I see is the SNP taking exactly the opposite position. It is as if it wishes devolution to fail by the hopeless management of the devolved powers, constantly arguing that because the Scottish Government does not have full control of absolutely everything it cannot make the devolved functions work. For some of the electorate this stance will work, but for others it will not. 

Taking this approach is perfect for this Government because every error and shortcoming can be placed on the UK government. I think it has shown that it simply has not got the capability or talent to run any of the devolved powers, so how on earth is it going to be able to produce a credible economic plan to show how living in an independent Scotland will make the lives of its citizens better than currently is the case? 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not permitted

https://thebackbencher.co.uk/ominous-snp-adopts-new-gagging-laws-on-party-dissent/

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

600 million? 

E843AB01-40BE-42F6-8030-FA15E263B28D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

600 million? 

E843AB01-40BE-42F6-8030-FA15E263B28D.jpeg

So, it's OK then...600k of other people's money. They are a couple of crooks and just imagine the pant wetting had it been the dreaded Toaaaries.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So, it's OK then...600k of other people's money. They are a couple of crooks and just imagine the pant wetting had it been the dreaded Toaaaries.

I know Enzo I’m just teasing you. I wish the pair of them would F off. 

15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I know Enzo I’m just teasing you. I wish the pair of them would F off. 

👍. No probs ,Des. 600 million sounded better though😂

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A truly chilling insight in to the mindset and control freakery of the Tartan elite.

Chilling :lol: the uk is verging on a failed state atm, it’s verging on not being able to look after its citizens with basics like food, fuel and possibly even energy to keep our lights on and you’ve got the BS posts and spooky music playing for Scotland. Constantly. 
Over the last few weeks you’ve posted some amount of drivel. I’ve laughed but it’s been silly and laughable at times. 
The only chilling thing is how low you’re opinion is of your fellow Scot and friends who might see It differently.
You don’t know it all. 
No offence. 

33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Chilling :lol: the uk is verging on a failed state atm, it’s verging on not being able to look after its citizens with basics like food, fuel and possibly even energy to keep our lights on and you’ve got the BS posts and spooky music playing for Scotland. Constantly. 
Over the last few weeks you’ve posted some amount of drivel. I’ve laughed but it’s been silly and laughable at times. 
The only chilling thing is how low you’re opinion is of your fellow Scot and friends who might see It differently.
You don’t know it all. 
No offence. 

This Enzo chancer has to be Ian Murray! Absolutel rocket.

35 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You don’t know it all. 
No offence. 

But he hates the murrells and the SNP so Scotland is a political backwater and everything is sweet in the uk.  

None of the things you highlighted matter because of that.

Probably wants the Scottish national side to lose because of that...

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

But he hates the murrells and the SNP so Scotland is a political backwater and everything is sweet in the uk.  

None of the things you highlighted matter because of that.

Probably wants the Scottish national side to lose because of that...

I don’t know about you but I don’t live in an echo chamber with these things. I don’t have whatspp groups about the indy or in any Facebook pages about smashing the tories etc :lol: these people are mental man! Obsessed lunatics. They post the opposite shit here though. Enzo’s posts should be accompanied by scary music :lol: 
My best pals argue with me about this stuff and I accept their views. Theyre entitled to them of course they are.  But enzo? **** me..I’m sure he’s a good lad but Jesus Christ man it’s outrageous some of the stuff. Needles and proper shite chat about his fellow Scot. 
Im every bit as hard a worker and maybe more than him who knows🤷🏽‍♂️ I’ve worked hard all my days I’ve had a business and I’m as aspirational as him not least for my kid and her future yet he insinuates we’re low life because we think there’s a better way for us than what we have. 

It’s not on. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t know about you but I don’t live in an echo chamber with these things. I don’t have whatspp groups about the indy or in any Facebook pages about smashing the tories etc :lol: these people are mental man! Obsessed lunatics. They post the opposite shit here though. Enzo’s posts should be accompanied by scary music :lol: 
My best pals argue with me about this stuff and I accept their views. Theyre entitled to them of course they are.  But enzo? **** me..I’m sure he’s a good lad but Jesus Christ man it’s outrageous some of the stuff. Needles and proper shite chat about his fellow Scot. 
Im every bit as hard a worker and maybe more than him who knows🤷🏽‍♂️ I’ve worked hard all my days I’ve had a business and I’m as aspirational as him not least for my kid and her future yet he insinuates we’re low life because we think there’s a better way for us than what we have. 

It’s not on. 

Difficult to get into a genuine discussion with someone who uses terms like civil war.  I think he'd enjoy it if it happened.

Right now the uk government aren't a good advert for anything. 

Worse is still to come as winter kicks in and none of that will matter because he thinks Sturgeon is Adolf  Clitler...

There was a semi decent discussion happening earlier and he was straight in playing the man etc.  

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Difficult to get into a genuine discussion with someone who uses terms like civil war.  I think he'd enjoy it if it happened.

Worse is still to come as winter kicks in and none of that will matter because he thinks Sturgeon is Adolf  Clitler...

There was a semi decent discussion happening earlier and he was straight in playing the man etc.  

I’ll discuss it all day and accept your views. I don’t think im right and they’re wrong. 

Too many of the unionist persuasion lower the tone though. Haggis and shortbread and all that shit. 
Turn it in. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

I’ll discuss it all day and accept your views. I don’t think im right and they’re wrong. 

Too many of the unionist persuasion lower the tone though. Haggis and shortbread and all that shit. 
Turn it in. 

As soon as they come out with the shortbread stuff it's the end of even trying. 

Sadly too easy to get sucked in for a couple of posts.  

No more for me as it's a waste of effort.  

It's folk like that who create the cult of Sturgeon etc and blame others for it.  

56 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Adolf Clitler !!! 

4BC59FE0-B910-4145-8F00-6302522C9B0D.gif

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

You don’t know it all. 
No offence. 

A real, hyperbole stuffed post  Jack D. You've been reading too many red tops by the sound of things😂

A failed state? ffs😂. Will that be the same UK that has just signed a major defence initiative with Australia and the US? The Aussies ditched the "failed state" of France in the process.

Or the UK that is expected to hit record economic growth this year and return to pre-pandemic levels by Q1 2022?

Or the UK that provided a world leading vaccination programme, months ahead of Europe?

Or the UK that offered the most generous furlough scheme in the G7, apart from the US?

The problem with fuel is nothing to do with a shortage of supplies. The SG and WM have both assured the public that supplies are plentiful. The problem, as always, is PEOPLE.  Stupid people, panic buying,  as confirmed by the Petrol Retailers Association. 

Seriously, some of the ingrained hatred of all things WM and Toaary is clouding a lot of posters' judgement. 

I'm just highlighting the fact that any accusation of failure, sleaze or incompetence levelled against the UK govt, can also be thrown in spades back at the Scottish govt.

I really don't know where this Scottish "exceptionalism", the moral high-horse mentality comes from. It's certainly not my experience of a modern day Scotland, riven by division and bitterness along sectarian and political lines. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A real, hyperbole stuffed post  Jack D. You've been reading too many red tops by the sound of things😂

A failed state? ffs😂. Will that be the same UK that has just signed a major defence initiative with Australia and the US? The Aussies ditched the "failed state" of France in the process.

Or the UK that is expected to hit record economic growth this year and return to pre-pandemic levels by Q1 2022?

Or the UK that provided a world leading vaccination programme, months ahead of Europe?

Or the UK that offered the most generous furlough scheme in the G7, apart from the US?

The problem with fuel is nothing to do with a shortage of supplies. The SG and WM have both assured the public that supplies are plentiful. The problem, as always, is PEOPLE.  Stupid people, panic buying,  as confirmed by the Petrol Retailers Association. 

Seriously, some of the ingrained hatred of all things WM and Toaary is clouding a lot of posters' judgement. 

I'm just highlighting the fact that any accusation of failure, sleaze or incompetence levelled against the UK govt, can also be thrown in spades back at the Scottish govt.

I really don't know where this Scottish "exceptionalism", the moral high-horse mentality comes from. It's certainly not my experience of a modern day Scotland, riven by division and bitterness along sectarian and political lines. 

You do realise why we’ve signed that initiative? The same reason America unceremoniously pulled out of Afghanistan. 

We are being used so the U S A! can remain top dogs. 

I hope we hit record economic levels because at the moment the UK debt to gdp ratio is 106%. 

I do agree blaming everything on Westminster has been the SNP’s shameless mantra and is tiresome. 

Edited by Des Lynam

52 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotland should have a government that's accountable to the Scottish people, one that we can vote out if and when we like.