The rise and fall of The SNP.

11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Don’t lower yourself James rabid Scottish nationalism is the problem not the solution but they are easily led  by the fish and her cult and unable to see the woods on fire for the burning trees - worst government in living memory 

The nationalism helps keep some emotionally warm. I just wish they had the balls to say we’d look to re join the EU and go with the euro. I’d definitely vote yes again. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

37 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The nationalism helps keep some emotionally warm. I just wish they had the balls to say we’d look to re join the EU and go with the euro. I’d definitely vote yes again. 

As would I 

manaliveits105
51 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Tell us another story Uncle Bollocks, I really enjoyed the last one

Interesting term of phrase 

is there something from your past you want to release ?

25 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Oh ho MA105 actually replying to posts, nerve must be hit.

BTW on holiday for a month and posting trolling shite on here? Widny be me.

images.jpg

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Shafted by a tory?   I suppose we'd all be wanting to release something if it's that.  

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Was it Salmond's charm that had you champing at the bit for independence?

6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The current incumbent denied previously champing at the bit and having charges dropped:wattie:

but has a history of forgetting things 

What was it that made you throw your support behind Salmond?

manaliveits105

I believed the spiel at the time of us becoming self sufficient within 3 years blah blah  

once the oil prices dropped we would have actually been Donald ducked 

The current lot still don’t have the answers 

12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I believed the spiel at the time of us becoming self sufficient within 3 years blah blah  

once the oil prices dropped we would have actually been Donald ducked 

The current lot still don’t have the answers 

image.png

11 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Rejoin the EU. Whatever planet it is you’re wired up to I’d suggest getting unplugged pronto. 

But, but…..SCOATLAND TAKEN OOT AGAINST UTS WULLLLLLLL!!! 

58 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Rejoin the EU. Whatever planet it is you’re wired up to I’d suggest getting unplugged pronto. 

Are you a member of the Block Capitals Sarcasm party?  

If were told an independent Scotland couldn't rejoin the EU, is still want away from Westminster.   

20 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Are you a member of the Block Capitals Sarcasm party?  

If were told an independent Scotland couldn't rejoin the EU, is still want away from Westminster.   

How can Scotland rejoin the EU when it’s never been in it? 

Has Brussels left that light on?

Edited by Mars plastic

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

People in Scotland have never been part of tbe eu?

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Its nothing to do with any of that. We are going to face an economic depression that will make 2008 look like a picnic. We didn’t solve any of the problems but passed the buck onto joe public. We’ve had incredible quantitative easing to keep everything steady and covid means that’s no longer going to be an option. Next up is negative interest rates. Wall Street and their chums won’t play ball so we’ll have another crash. The 1998 problems were solved when Wall Street bailed out the hedge funds and in 2008 the central banks bailed out Wall st. Who’s left? The IMF have the balance sheet to do it. But they’ll look at gold reserves and Gordon Brown sold most of them at the turn of the 21st century. The European Central Bank has a lot and that’s why amongst other reasons i’d like Scotland to join the EU and adopt the euro. All my opinion of course. 

Edited by Des Lynam

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Its nothing to do with any of that. We are going to face an economic depression that will make 2008 look like a picnic. We didn’t solve any of the problems but passed the buck onto joe public. We’ve had incredible quantitative easing to keep everything steady and covid means that’s no longer going to be an option. Next up is negative interest rates. Wall Street and their chums won’t play ball so we’ll have another crash. The 1998 problems were solved when Wall Street bailed out the hedge funds and in 2008 the central banks bailed out Wall st. Who’s left? The IMF have the balance sheet to do it. But they’ll look at gold reserves and Gordon Brown sold most of them at the turn of the 21st century. The European Central Bank has a lot and that’s why amongst other reasons i’d like Scotland to join the EU and adopt the euro. All my opinion of course. 

It's a valid position to hold, but what about Scotland's deficit? What are the plans on how to get that down to a manageable level? Last figures were 22%. 

That's some position to start a newly independent country from. 

10 minutes ago, pablo said:

It's a valid position to hold, but what about Scotland's deficit? What are the plans on how to get that down to a manageable level? Last figures were 22%. 

Turkey have been waiting to get in since 1987 so we’ve plenty time to get it reduced before the application form gets posted.

13 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Don’t lower yourself James rabid Scottish nationalism is the problem not the solution but they are easily led  by the fish and her cult and unable to see the woods on fire for the burning trees - worst government in living memory 

Water of a ducks arse to me now ! 

2 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

It’s “ dragged out against our will “ that phrase has been used so much . 

40 minutes ago, pablo said:

I fully agree that the deficit is a real concern and the current SNP government seem to be ignoring this will hamper any reality of independence. At 7-8% entry to the EU would have been possible as a precedent has been set with Croatia. If we can get beyond coronavirus the trends seem to show the deficit could come down to 11% in 2022/23 and 9% in 2025/26 that’s using historical revenues and public spending figures. 

The pandemic has changed a lot of things but does provide the opportunity to make tax increases or spending reductions more palatable to the electorate than before. 

The SNP leadership though seem blinded by independence and refuse to acknowledge the economic hurdles in getting to that goal. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I fully agree that the deficit is a real concern and the current SNP government seem to be ignoring this will hamper any reality of independence. At 7-8% entry to the EU would have been possible as a precedent has been set with Croatia. If we can get beyond coronavirus the trends seem to show the deficit could come down to 11% in 2022/23 and 9% in 2025/26 that’s using historical revenues and public spending figures. 

The pandemic has changed a lot of things but does provide the opportunity to make tax increases or spending reductions more palatable to the electorate than before. 

The SNP leadership though seem blinded by independence and refuse to acknowledge the economic hurdles in getting to that goal. 

Do we really know what our deficit is? I mean really know? I think the answer to that is we don’t. 
I want to see England’s GERS equivalent but for some reason there isn’t one. There’s ones to make the devolved countries look shit though. 
For instance Scotland is sending between 4-5GW of power south at every hour of the day enough to power 4-5m homes. Are things like that included in the GERS figures? Wales do similar. 
Im not saying I know exactly how it all works but we have enough fuel, power, food etc and Scotland is the only country with a trade surplus in the UK yet we’re supposed to be the poorest? Kept afloat by these regional transfers? Really??

Scotland was part of a Union that was a member (a prominent member) of the EU and to all intents and purposes we (Scotland) operated as a member of the EU. Very little of of our (Scotland) rules and ways have changed. 
I firmly believe that an independent Scotland would become a member of the EU without any problems what so ever especially as countries like France, Germany and Spain plus Brussels would take great delight in ramming it up Westminster and all those who voted Leave.m 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Do we really know what our deficit is? I mean really know? I think the answer to that is we don’t. 
I want to see England’s GERS equivalent but for some reason there isn’t one. There’s ones to make the devolved countries look shit though. 
For instance Scotland is sending between 4-5GW of power south at every hour of the day enough to power 4-5m homes. Are things like that included in the GERS figures? Wales do similar. 
Im not saying I know exactly how it all works but we have enough fuel, power, food etc and Scotland is the only country with a trade surplus in the UK yet we’re supposed to be the poorest? Kept afloat by these regional transfers? Really??

I get that based on the figures that are available, the only way that independence makes any financial sense, is through sheer denial of them. 

This however doesn't really appeal to, or is of any interest to anyone who isn't consumed by us and them, blood and soil nationalism. That's basically your problem. 

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They are estimations but they are put together by Scottish statisticians and independently verified. Wales without a doubt has a higher deficit. The difference to England is the large fiscal surpluses London provides. I understand your argument regarding the GERS figures but the perception of the public is what counts if we’re going to get a Yes vote on independence. The media will just bang out these figures relentlessly and ordinary people will be fearful of change. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

They are estimations but they are put together by Scottish statisticians and independently verified. Wales without a doubt has a higher deficit. The difference to England is the large fiscal surpluses London provides. I understand your argument regarding the GERS figures but the perception of the public is what counts if we’re going to get a Yes vote on independence. The media will just bang out these figures relentlessly and ordinary people will be fearful of change. 

The Economic questions will now be even tougher to answer now than in 2014 , with Brexit and Corona virus having serious implications to the economy . The “ no “ mass media will crucify the Yes arguments . It’ll be relentless . 

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Exactly, ridiculous.

History repeats itself, according to the books India ran at a huge loss while it's wealth was being spirited away

34 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Scotland was part of a Union that was a member (a prominent member) of the EU and to all intents and purposes we (Scotland) operated as a member of the EU. Very little of of our (Scotland) rules and ways have changed. 
I firmly believe that an independent Scotland would become a member of the EU without any problems what so ever especially as countries like France, Germany and Spain plus Brussels would take great delight in ramming it up Westminster and all those who voted Leave.m 

Delusion on a stratospheric scale. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If you deny that Scotland's deficit is 23% of GDP per GERS produce the data to show this instead of havering about what power companies export. SNP have produced crickets because it's accurate. Let's hear how the SNP raise the billions needed to pay the bills and what currency it will be against. The EU's rules won't allow entrants that exceed a debt ratio 3% of GDP so we can forget the Euro and we can probably forget sterling as that is not in their gift. Vote a blind aye in ref2 if you want to live in a total shit hole only.  

2 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Oh my god that tweet that Sturgeon wrote about “ leaving a light on “ was cringe worthy at the highest level . 

10 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

😂😂

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If you deny that Scotland's deficit is 23% of GDP per GERS produce the data to show this instead of havering about what power companies export. SNP have produced crickets because it's accurate. Let's hear how the SNP raise the billions needed to pay the bills and what currency it will be against. The EU's rules won't allow entrants that exceed a debt ratio 3% of GDP so we can forget the Euro and we can probably forget sterling as that is not in their gift. Vote a blind aye in ref2 if you want to live in a total shit hole only.  

The first part highlighted isn’t true. Croatia got in with a debt ratio over 3%. We could also apply for a transition period of up to two years. 

Brexit has changed the game on Scotland continuing to use Sterling and joining the EU. 

7 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Mostly Fact though except the last part. I am in Tenerife at the moment and was speaking with my Lawyer here the other day and he said the Spanish consulate have been told by Brussels to reject almost the applications for TIEs since 1st January and his words were it’s done out of spite and particularly due to the way the U.K. (Westminster) are behaving at the moment. 
Bottom line the U.K. made complete erseholes of themselves all through the process and now the chickens (not even chlorinated chickens) are coming home to roost. 
Yellowhammer is well worth a read the scenarios are happening and that’s despite us having an oven ready deal. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

While I'm not in favour of indy at this point in time, I don't doubt that the EU would make an indy Scotland very welcome should a Yes vote occur in the next few years. If the SNP could get public assurances (unlikely) re this, then I imagine that could turn things from the 50/50 polls into a commanding lead.

Well, it would need assurances as being out of the UK and the EU would be a hard sell.

I'm not so sure now though,  Brexit has changed everything.  There's no way around it now, it's a hard border with England, the Euro currency, out of the common travel area and accepting whatever conditions the EU wants for it's loans.

What's the prize again?

6 minutes ago, pablo said:

Well, it would need assurances as being out of the UK and the EU would be a hard sell.

I'm not so sure now though,  Brexit has changed everything.  There's no way around it now, it's a hard border with England, the Euro currency, out of the common travel area and accepting whatever conditions the EU wants for it's loans.

What's the prize again?

To have a hard border with Our biggest trading partner would be economic suicide . 

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh my god that tweet that Sturgeon wrote about “ leaving a light on “ was cringe worthy at the highest level . 

😂😂

I'll ask you the same. 

Have the people of Scotland ever been part of the EU?  

We have so that means us rejoining.  

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

To have a hard border with Our biggest trading partner would be economic suicide . 

If you take everything that would be required by a newly independent Scotland and substituted Scotland with the UK, you get an idea of how bonkers the idea is to non-believers.

If Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak came on the TV and said, right Britain, the best way to recover from the pandemic and protect the country, is to close down the Treasury and the Bank of England, consign Sterling to history and adopt the dollar or the euro without any control, rip up all our trade deals, close down our embassies and start again. I'm sure everyone would be saying that sounds like a plan, let's do it. :gok:

6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'll ask you the same. 

Have the people of Scotland ever been part of the EU?  

We have so that means us rejoining.  

It was the immaturity of the gesture really . Something a teenager may write on Tik tik or some silly social media platform 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It was the immaturity of the gesture really . Something a teenager may write on Tik tik or some silly social media platform 

I'm not sure your reply is about rejoining the eu?  

I don't care if we don't get to join the EU or not in regards to leaving Westminster.

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm not sure your reply is about rejoining the eu?  

I don't care if we don't get to join the EU or not in regards to leaving Westminster.

Any new Indy vote should just be about Indy thats all . Tagging rejoining the EU is not acceptable . That can be put to a vote in a newly indy Scotland 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’d quite like to rejoin the EU if I’m honest. 

Same here . I’m angry that young people will not get the same opportunities  we had with free movement of workers etc . 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Any new Indy vote should just be about Indy thats all . Tagging rejoining the EU is not acceptable . That can be put to a vote in a newly indy Scotland 

But have the Scottish people been part of it before..? 

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

But have the Scottish people been part of it before..? 

Yes as part of the United Kingdom