The rise and fall of The SNP.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

If you deny that Scotland's deficit is 23% of GDP per GERS produce the data to show this instead of havering about what power companies export. SNP have produced crickets because it's accurate. Let's hear how the SNP raise the billions needed to pay the bills and what currency it will be against. The EU's rules won't allow entrants that exceed a debt ratio 3% of GDP so we can forget the Euro and we can probably forget sterling as that is not in their gift. Vote a blind aye in ref2 if you want to live in a total shit hole only.  

It wouldn’t matter what I produced.
Like you say Naw means Naw :rofl: 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

How’s the police investigation into the Murrell Collection (£600000) going ?

It’s stuffed under a bed up at Bridge of Allan. 

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes as part of the United Kingdom 

So we the Scottish people could be part of it again.  Thanks...

Edited by Auldbenches

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

How’s the police investigation into the Murrell Collection (£600000) going ?

Can't deny the Murrell collection is crackin pun  

58 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Welcome to Haggistan….

5D4D55D4-AE33-44D9-BF4B-3D1786F30F5E.jpeg

Haggistan?  Wow.  What are you wanting at a Scottish independence rally, union and england flags?

Any puns for English nationalists? 

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

image.thumb.jpeg.06ba77790326d18916ab8418f24924de.jpeg

I didn't know facists were a big problem

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Interesting badge above the left booby

The anti nazi one?

21 hours ago, XB52 said:

To repeat for the hundredth time, Scotland does not and cannot have a deficit. 

Scotland has a notional deficit.  If I rack up a credit card bill yet someone else covers it each month, then I don't have a credit card bill. 

If I then don't want anything to do with the benefactor then I am responsible for that credit card bill.

It's a simple case of income v expenditure and Scotland would have to slash public expenditure in order to balance the books. 

Free phones for prisoners -to continue their criminal activity -, free bikes, laptops for children, free travel for under 25s, these vote winning Govt scams would have to be paid for.

Not to mention the NHS, education etc.

It's as simple as that!

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotland has a notional deficit.  If I rack up a credit card bill yet someone else covers it each month, then I don't have a credit card bill. 

If I then don't want anything to do with the benefactor then I am responsible for that credit card bill.

It's a simple case of income v expenditure and Scotland would have to slash public expenditure in order to balance the books. 

Free phones for prisoners -to continue their criminal activity -, free bikes, laptops for children, free travel for under 25s, these vote winning Govt scams would have to be paid for.

Not to mention the NHS, education etc.

It's as simple as that!

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Where do you start?……

🤣

Is it just the dress sense or what they are getting together for?  

Laugh at what they are campaigning for if you disagree but if it's what they look like, nothing but the Scottish cringe.

11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Is it just the dress sense or what they are getting together for?  

Laugh at what they are campaigning for if you disagree but if it's what they look like, nothing but the Scottish cringe.

I have no problem with people protesting in a peaceful manner. I’ll admit the Freedom pish I find a real cringe. I personally think fervent nationalism whether here or abroad is a disease. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I have no problem with people protesting in a peaceful manner. I’ll admit the Freedom pish I find a real cringe. I personally think fervent nationalism whether here or abroad is a disease. 

It’s funny how much it rips the jimmys of the brits. And Picts 🤣

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Nationalism in any form is shite and also hate the freedom brand some use.  Wanting independence form Westminster is nationalism, it's folk wanting what see as a better democracy etc.

If this was people protesting for something you supported, would you comment on how they look.

It's playing the man because you disagree.

Plenty to pounce on and joke about without the easy target.  

If I slagged off a bunch of English people protesting while dressed as Morris dancers, I'd get rightly criticised as being anti English etc.

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Just to add a wee point.   Hate the the word nationalism but Jim sillars used it to explain the difference in attitude between those wanting independence.

He said there are two type of nationalist.  Nationalists with a large Ns and those with a small n.

The former seem to be influenced by 'look what they have done to us' and the latter by 'look what we could do with what we have'  

It's the latter that should be what we are discussing.  Pro or anti.

Not everyone is bothered about all the shite surrounding it. 

Better debate as well. 

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Nationalism in any form is shite and also hate the freedom brand some use.  Wanting independence form Westminster is nationalism, it's folk wanting what see as a better democracy etc.

If this was people protesting for something you supported, would you comment on how they look.

It's playing the man because you disagree.

Plenty to pounce on and joke about without the easy target.  

If I slagged off a bunch of English people protesting while dressed as Morris dancers, I'd get rightly criticised as being anti English etc.

I voted for independence and if the SNP would just publish a detailed economic prospectus for Independence then I think it could be achieved. 

If you remotely criticise the SNP then you’re a unionist, Brit, taker of the English boaby etc etc. I’ve got little time for that level of debate. 

I voted for independence and if the SNP would just publish a detailed economic prospectus for Independence then I think it could be achieved. 

If you remotely criticise the SNP then you’re a unionist, Brit, taker of the English boaby etc etc. I’ve got little time for that level of debate. 

I want independence but still criticise the snp for a few things. 

On current form they have no chance of getting to run Scotland post independence if it happened. 

Means to an end because there's no one else.  Though that might be their fault for enjoying a monopoly on this.

One thing I'm dissapointed in is the promise if a nationalised energy company to give affordable energy. 

Promised two years ago but now saying things have changed too much.   I think they just can't ne bothered putting the effort in.

Not everyone wanting independence is fervant snp supporter but no choice.

They aren't doing too well regarding education, health etc, but still got more votes than the other parties.  Though there vote is slightly down. 

We just want away from Westminster. 

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Very true but IMO the brits/Picts have lowered the debate to that base level. Insinuate we all want to wear kilts and Jimmy wigs, drinking irn bru and using haggis vouchers for money :lol: people actually identifying as Picts :rofl:
I need to start a casual Indy movement. All CP company and Stone island. I suppose I can afford that because of the English though I’d be wearing a tartan blanket as a skirt if not for them. 

Just now, Auldbenches said:

I want independence but still criticise the snp for a few things. 

On current form they have no chance of getting to run Scotland post independence if it happened. 

Means to an end because there's no one else.  Though that might be their fault for enjoying a monopoly on this.

One thing I'm dissapointed in is the promise if a nationalised energy company to give affordable energy. 

Promised two years ago but now saying things have changed too much.   I think they just can't ne bothered putting the effort in.

Not everyone wanting independence is fervant snp supporter but no choice.

They aren't doing too well regarding education, health etc, but still got more votes than the other parties.  Though there vote is slightly down. 

We just want away from Westminster. 

I think they’ll dominate the landscape for years even if independence happens. I’d personally like to see a more centrist party formed with fiscal responsibility at its heart. 

Nationalisation of companies is a sensible idea but rare has so many difficulties in practice. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Very true but IMO the brits/Picts have lowered the debate to that base level. Insinuate we all want to wear kilts and Jimmy wigs, drinking irn bru and using haggis vouchers for money :lol: people actually identifying as Picts :rofl:
I need to start a casual Indy movement. All CP company and Stone island. I suppose I can afford that because of the English though I’d be wearing a tartan blanket as a skirt if not for them. 

Haha! I’d like Haggis vouchers. 

What is this identifying as Picts about? 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Haha! I’d like Haggis vouchers. 

What is this identifying as Picts about? 

One of the ex yes voters 🤥 now Uber Brit mentalist self loather said he identified as a pict. ****ing hilarious :lol: 

38 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s funny how much it rips the jimmys of the brits. And Picts 🤣

And Picts?  Do you know who the Picts were?  Please enlighten me

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think they’ll dominate the landscape for years even if independence happens. I’d personally like to see a more centrist party formed with fiscal responsibility at its heart. 

Nationalisation of companies is a sensible idea but rare has so many difficulties in practice. 

I don't think they will get to dominate if it did happen.  I think they'd even get a shock at the first post independence election as voters aren't that daft.  You'll get a few voting with celebration in mind but there will be many who remember how they've handled some things. 

The nationalisation of companies can't be that difficult if the French and Dutch can do it while owning our railways etc.

It isn't going to be like the dark 70s again as those against it try and portray it.  

They should've thought about the logistics before an announcing it at their conference.  

Decent debate if we get away from the 'wheres ur freedom' type posts.

Too much identity politics involved in everything nowadays.  Though parties do seem to like to cash in on it.  

jack D and coke
Just now, Swahili Jambo said:

They came here before the Romans. Google is your friend. 

2 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Basically Scandinavians without the good looking genes. 

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Very true . As I’ve said I’ve been on a few Indy marches pre covid and there was a wide variety of people there , various social classes , dress sense etc . But on the news that night the BBC highlights an interview with a guy not far from the wee Jimmy look , kilt , badges , not greatly articulate etc . It’s deliberately done to undermine the cause . 

8 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

The picts were the ones here before being converted by Columba and his followers, especially St Moluag our real patron saint.  Look him up as Andrew shouldn't be it.  All because of a couple of clouds when Moluag actually done things here. 

Generally annoys me that Moluag isn't given more recognition and not our patron saint.  That's if we need one...

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I don't think they will get to dominate if it did happen.  I think they'd even get a shock at the first post independence election as voters aren't that daft.  You'll get a few voting with celebration in mind but there will be many who remember how they've handled some things. 

The nationalisation of companies can't be that difficult if the French and Dutch can do it while owning our railways etc.

It isn't going to be like the dark 70s again as those against it try and portray it.  

They should've thought about the logistics before an announcing it at their conference.  

Too much identity politics involved in everything nowadays.  Though parties do seem to like to cash in on it.  

I really hope so as it would be beneficial for Scotland if we could hold any government to account. Independence would release some of the parties from their current fixed positions so yeah I think you could be right. 

Promising a nationalised Energy company then abandoning that plan after the tie in with the Greens was bizarre. Nationalised companies to have their pros and cons though. I know that when they privatised the railways that train drivers etc were happy as their wages increased substantially but investment back into the company went down. 

The identity politics is stifling the debate. Rangers and Celtic fans are for and against on which team they support ffs. 

9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Basically Scandinavians without the good looking genes. 

I know it was a joke, but the Picts were about well before the Vikings and were descendants of the Iron Age inhabitants of northern Scotland, themselves Brittonic-speaking Celts, probably originally from south-western Europe.

I really hope so as it would be beneficial for Scotland if we could hold any government to account. Independence would release some of the parties from their current fixed positions so yeah I think you could be right. 

Promising a nationalised Energy company then abandoning that plan after the tie in with the Greens was bizarre. Nationalised companies to have their pros and cons though. I know that when they privatised the railways that train drivers etc were happy as their wages increased substantially but investment back into the company went down. 

The identity politics is stifling the debate. Rangers and Celtic fans are for and against on which team they support ffs. 

There far too much football scarf politics today and it's pathetic when you think about it.   

Though they have been drip fed this for centuries and those using it know it sadly works   

Change the Westminster voting system and I'm not as bothered about it.   They won't change it so I have endure tory politics for most of the time.  

Others have argued against this but I think it's true.  

Labour only ever really crossed the line with the Scottish vote and that's now gone so rather than two thirds of general elections being won by the Tories, it'll be a lot more.

What choice do I now have if they won't change the voting system?  

I'm not wanting to have a better life than others in the UK, I just want fairer. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I know it was a joke, but the Picts were about well before the Vikings and were descendants of the Iron Age inhabitants of northern Scotland, themselves Brittonic-speaking Celts, probably originally from south-western Europe.

Dirty foreigners?!? 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

😄  Dirty foreigners who would rather paint than wash their faces.  

Were they………brownish too?!?

:seething:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Big Stevie and his mate Rab.

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Modern nationalisation is interesting. With NS, the Dutch rail operator, instead of being truly nationalised as we understand it, it's still a private company, it's just that the shares are owned by the government.

It still has to react to market forces but they can't forget the core reason they exist.

It's because of this they can win contracts on our railways, make profits, and use them to subsidise rail prices in Netherlands.