• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I think there’s a lot of people here “Scots” that would be spiteful and vindictive never mind any WM government and attempt to cause or leave harm. I actually reckon the WM government might be pretty pragmatic in the end, I’d hope both countries would have a good relationship anyway. There’s not a lot to be gained by causing grief on the small island we’re on if that’s the course we decide to take. 

Independent negotiations would help. The SNP and Tories should be told to go for a smoke break. 

kingsknowe_jambo
24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

cracks appearing the tide is turning :greggy:

Sure, if you ignore all the evidence then I’m sure the tide is turning.

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

No ****ing idea and I’ll be honest don’t care either. This thread is too bonkers even for me. 

Just came in on my feed and thought might give some fuel for the fire 😄

Fair enough. He is talking shite though.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

All politicians talk shite, it just depends which flavour you like. 

I don't like any of them. 

I reckon I'll vote in a future Indy Ref or Referendum on the EU, Monarchy, etc.... 

Can't see myself voting for a Political party ever again though. They are all just useless, none of them can do anything particularly well. 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I reckon I'll vote in a future Indy Ref or Referendum on the EU, Monarchy, etc.... 

Can't see myself voting for a Political party ever again though. They are all just useless, none of them can do anything particularly well. 

It's soul destroying at times, how few have any self awareness about the things they get up to. It's as if, as soon as you're elected, you become invisible. Like, when you drink too much vodka. 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This is where I am as well. Load of self interest snakes.

Snp now above libdems in UK polls

Opinium - 2020-09-25
LAB: 42% (+9)
CON: 39% (-6)
SNP: 6% (+2)
LDEM: 5% (-7)
GRN: 4% (+1)
PC: 1% (+11)

Flavible Projection
LAB: 293 (+90)
CON: 270 (-95)
SNP: 58 (+10)
LDEM: 5 (-6)
PC: 4 (-)
GRN: 1 (-)
OTH: 1 (+1)

*Changes with GE
https://t.co/xLNrUfOxYP

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Opinium - 2020-09-25

Flavible Projection

*Changes with GE

Can we rename this thread the rise and fall of the Tories?

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Opinium - 2020-09-25

Flavible Projection

*Changes with GE

A +2% fall there I see

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Forced to do a U turn on the hate bill - snp just arent very good are they 

They're like any other government, some policies fail in a democracy. Current polls not too bad and Boris the fraud outpolled by Starmer the fraud. 

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The scottish natsy party are certainly risible 

Better looking at your own. Britnats are the closest you'll get to your thoughts of "natsy". 

manaliveits105

:ears:The octopus cometh

Scottish Government obstructing the release of documents to the enquiry

The First Minister called a liar in Holyrood today 

it’s all kicking off 

Will there be a kiltie protest rally ?

Edited by manaliveits105

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

:ears:The octopus cometh

Scottish Government obstructing the release of documents to the enquiry

The First Minister called a liar in Holyrood today 

it’s all kicking off 

Will there be a kiltie protest rally ?

Its a minor side show that nobody cares about. Salmond was not guilty. End of.

£Billions in tax payers money squandered on shipping contracts, PPE, software systems etc.by Westminster that were never delivered but none of that will be in the papers or on the evening TV news. 

You think a hidden document will be as concerning as a government losing documents on Paedophiles or Grenfell for example?

3/10 for trying. 

Next!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
45 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

£Billions in tax payers money squandered on shipping contracts, PPE, software systems etc.by Westminster that were never delivered but none of that will be in the papers or on the evening TV news. 

You think a hidden document will be as concerning as a government losing documents on Paedophiles or Grenfell for example?

3/10 for trying. 

Next!

Irrespective, it should be dealt with properly.

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Irrespective, it should be dealt with properly.

Has been mate. Files are lost. Theres a precident for it apparantly...

23B11ACA-2AD4-412C-B0B0-BEE1FAB38EFE.jpeg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Has been mate. Files are lost. Theres a precident for it apparantly...

23B11ACA-2AD4-412C-B0B0-BEE1FAB38EFE.jpeg

You see, I hate all politicians equally. Saying the files are lost is unacceptable.

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You see, I hate all politicians equally. Saying the files are lost is unacceptable.

I know. Im really just highlighting the hypocracy of someone complaining about a hand grenade in Scotland when theres a nuclear holocaust in Westminster. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

3/10 for trying. 

Next!

That's a typical defence of the SNP to be fair

...aye, but what about westminster/the tories, they're worse.

31 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

See my post above

Weakened Offender
31 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

It's maybe not a defence, more a criticism of the priorities of others. 

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Fun Boaby said:

Is that not the point though,  Westminster IS worse, we'd be better out of it?

56 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

:spoton:

Most indy supporters I've seen here and elsewhere have been critical of the SNP and Scottish Government when warranted. Would be nice to see such balance all round.

48 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:spoton:

Most indy supporters I've seen here and elsewhere have been critical of the SNP and Scottish Government when warranted. Would be nice to see such balance all round.

Don't talk pish. Can you offer up an example please?

Indy supporters get in line, applaud, cheer and condone anything and everything that comes out of an SNP mouth. If the morals slip, they'll frantically dredge up some whataboutery relating to Westminster or the Tories.

There's never been a party like them post WW2 😉. Ironically enough, there's not an independent thinker amongst them! Just so happens their opposition are useless and the media shit scared, so pretty much nobody to answer to and carte blanch to rule in whatever way they see fit. Welcome to nationalist Scotland.

Get in line and dae as yer telt.

This thread is 68 pages. One independence referendum thread is 39 pages, another is 81 pages, the SNP nonsense thread is 243 pages. Go look for yourself.

I didn't have my phone out recording the conversations I had at indy marches—though they were welcoming, inclusive, and of all national stripes, from Scottish to English to Portuguese to German to Norwegian to Spanish and on and on. The opposite of anything you've pulled out of your hate-filled fever dreams. Instead, you choose to compare the party and its members to Nazis—pure class as befits your usual low standard.

If you must insist on continuing to drone on like the zombie you are, go do so where it, and you, belong—in Ibrox. It's better for all involved.

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Well... yeah.

There's no such thing as a perfect political party, everything's a compromise. It's all about the least worst, always has been.

Westminster and the tories ARE worse, as Jayzee says that's pretty much the whole point.

4 hours ago, JyTees said:

Don't talk pish. Can you offer up an example please?

Indy supporters get in line, applaud, cheer and condone anything and everything that comes out of an SNP mouth. If the morals slip, they'll frantically dredge up some whataboutery relating to Westminster or the Tories.

There's never been a party like them post WW2 😉. Ironically enough, there's not an independent thinker amongst them! Just so happens their opposition are useless and the media shit scared, so pretty much nobody to answer to and carte blanch to rule in whatever way they see fit. Welcome to nationalist Scotland.

This post says more about your prejudices than anything else TBH.

I'm not a fan of the SNP, I dont like things like minimum unit pricing and sugar surcharges. I don't believe my government should be trying to shape me, they're there to be shaped by me.

We should have the freedom to **** up our lives, make poor choices and live with the consequences. The government should be worrying about roads and buses and hospitals and that, the things we need to support us. They should educate and persuade, not force their ideal on the population. 

But I'll vote SNP until Scotland's free to make our own choices.

7 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well... yeah.

There's no such thing as a perfect political party, everything's a compromise. It's all about the least worst, always has been.

Westminster and the tories ARE worse, as Jayzee says that's pretty much the whole point.

Seems to be.

What a low bar has been set 😞

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Fun Boaby said:

Seems to be.

What a low bar has been set 😞

"this is shit, we can do better" seems reasonable enough to me.

I wonder if Wales will see the light too one day.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

"this is shit, we can do better" seems reasonable enough to me.

I wonder if Wales will see the light too one day.

Depends how you see it I suppose.  Seems to me the default position is a comparison with England.

Rather than a positive Scotland case, its a negative "we're no as bad as them"

If Scotland ever did become independent  comparisons with our neighbours would be all but meaningless

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Depends how you see it I suppose.  Seems to me the default position is a comparison with England.

If Scotland ever did become independent  comparisons with our neighbours would be all but meaningless

I'm not comparing anything with England, I'm saying we could do better than Westminster and Scotland should have a government that the people of Scotland voted for.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not comparing anything with England, I'm saying we could do better than Westminster and Scotland should have a government that the people of Scotland voted for.

You've just said we could bo better than Westminster.  That's a comparison is it not?

I'd rather see Scotland  put forward a case to "be all we can be", than just say we'll be better than them next door.

Its like Hibs measuring their success relative to Hearts. 

Edited by Fun Boaby

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

You've just said we could bo better than Westminster.  That's a comparison is it not?

I'd rather see Scotland  put forward a case to "be all we can be", than just say we'll be better than them next door.

Its like Hibs measuring their success relative to Hearts. 

Westminster isn't England.

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Yet people will compare us to what’s happening in England for example if we’re apparently failing somewhere? Who are we meant to compare to when WM holds Scotlands purse strings, Germany? 
And why would comparisons suddenly become meaningless if independent? Comparisons are drawn all the time surely as a measure of how you’re doing no? Good and bad obviously. 

A Boy Named Crow
36 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Suppose you had an arrangement with your neighbour. Under this arrangement, you'd do your shopping, then drop it off at your neighbour's. He'd then cook your meals for you, using what you bought.

The problem is, over the years your neighbour's cooking has become so bad it's pretty much inedible.  You've had a go at rustling up some snacks, and reckon you could do a pretty good job at cooking for yourself.  You'd thank your neighbour for their efforts and friendship, but just cook for yourself  wouldn't you?

Sometimes comparisons between how things are being done and how they could be done are useful.

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, JyTees said:

Welcome to nationalist Scotland.

There's a fair bit of truth in this. The whattaboutery is relentless yet many seem totally oblivious to it, or worse, feel that it's entirely justified.

The truth of the matter is that the least smelly shite in the bog is still a shite.

I'd like to see a discussion about Scotish self governance (a real one mind, not the baiting and mud-slinging that passes for discussion in the internet and 24 hour media age). A discussion that doesn't metion Westminster, doesn't mention England, doesn't mention taking back control, doesn't set the Scots and the folk who've chosen to settle here as uniquely situated to thrive in a 21st century globalised world, and a discussion which is entirely free from the misplaced romanticism which, ironically, is what draws so many to our shores and is what an essential sector of our economy is ultimately reliant upon (thanks Scott, Macpherson, Burns, et al). I'd like to see an introspective and critical analysis of our realistic economic and social aims, free from emotive terminology, jingoism, patriotism, whattaboutery and pride.

I'd like to see the case made on it's own merits, pitfalls, contingency, and importantly, at a fundamental level, is it morally the right thing to do.

Remember, the enemy here - in so much as there is one - isn't England and the English (whoever the **** they actually are),  and isn't necesarrily Westminster as a parliamentary institution - it's the corrupt, quasi-aristocratic political and financial elites who stalk it's halls. They're not uniquely the Scots' enemy, they're the majority of the population of the United Kingdom's enemy.

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

If you must insist on continuing to drone on like the zombie you are, go do so where it, and you, belong—in Ibrox. It's better for all involved.

Back to your patronising best, I see, Justin. :(