• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

Sexton Hardcastle

All down to this game then.

Lose and it’s curtains. Even a draw would seem like a huge uphill task.

allystrachan
On 04/03/2020 at 14:28, Mikey1874 said:

BBC Alba are showing the full match replay at 10pm. 

Bollocks! I say it every time but we’re hopeless when we’re on Alba! 

I think we need to go back to pre-last 3 games style. 

It’s been percentages and a more direct approach but I felt today it was a game too far. We needed more control and quality on the deck.

We’ve played some good stuff under Stendel, good link play and sharp passing. We need to be more thorough and purposeful v Midden, imo. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

We'll need to find a way to break them down. I'd like like to see Irving back in centre midfield

Win this by two goals to take ourselves off bottom on goal difference, let’s not go back again!

Was feeling a bit down after the game but on reflection this is still in our own hands and I think we can get out of it! 

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Looking for a spare ticket for my brother if any going? Managed to get one online today for myself but zero available now on etickets

Edited by Poseidon

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, flem said:

Win this by two goals to take ourselves off bottom on goal difference, let’s not go back again!

Was feeling a bit down after the game but on reflection this is still in our own hands and I think we can get out of it! 

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Any win and we are off the bottom. We have scored more goals than them.

I will  be there at st midden , We will win this , and we will not lose again this season ....... maybe not win all but we will survive o yes we will ! 

Jambof3tornado
13 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

All down to this game then.

Lose and it’s curtains. Even a draw would seem like a huge uphill task.

Afraid that you are correct. We are simply running out of time/games to work our way out of trouble. 3 points is all that matters on wednesday.

John Findlay

It is not all down to this game. A win and we get a huge boost. A defeat and it's still not the end of the world. We will have to play them again at Tynecastle, we have two more games against Ross County, one more against Hamilton and even possibly a 4th league game against Hibs. Lots to play for after Wednesday night.

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It is not all down to this game. A win and we get a huge boost. A defeat and it's still not the end of the world. We will have to play them again at Tynecastle, we have two more games against Ross County, one more against Hamilton and even possibly a 4th league game against Hibs. Lots to play for after Wednesday night.

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Wrong.  Lose on Wednesday and we’re down.  I think you’re the only person on here that doesn’t think that. There’s no way this squad of shitehawks will recover from a defeat on Wednesday. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Huge match.  Will be there hoping for a win.  

Dave can you sort the the thread title?

53 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Wrong.  Lose on Wednesday and we’re down.  I think you’re the only person on here that doesn’t think that. There’s no way this squad of shitehawks will recover from a defeat on Wednesday. 

Sorry , this lose and we're down stuff is the definition of shitehawkiness

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Sorry , this lose and we're down stuff is the definition of shitehawkiness

For shitehawks, look no further than the team.  They’ve not managed to win one of these “must win” games yet and haven’t managed to win back to back for over a year - even Hamilton have managed that this week.  Time and time again they let us down.  Can’t wait til most of them get cleared out at the end of the season.

Does anyone seriously believe we can lose on Wednesday and stay up?  I do think we’ll stay up if we win on Wednesday as I think we can catch both St Mirren and Ross County but I think Hamilton will stay up and if we lose to St Mirren we’ll be a massive 6 points behind them.  That’s not shitehawkiness, it’s just realism.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

For shitehawks, look no further than the team.  They’ve not managed to win one of these “must win” games yet and haven’t managed to win back to back for over a year - even Hamilton have managed that this week.  Time and time again they let us down.  Can’t wait til most of them get cleared out at the end of the season.

Does anyone seriously believe we can lose on Wednesday and stay up?  I do think we’ll stay up if we win on Wednesday as I think we can catch both St Mirren and Ross County but I think Hamilton will stay up and if we lose to St Mirren we’ll be a massive 6 points behind them.  That’s not shitehawkiness, it’s just realism.

That’s just you thinking what happened yesterday is just going to keep happening with Hamilton. They totally lucked out v rangers and needed a last minute pen yesterday. They’ll falter again and soon. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’s just you thinking what happened yesterday is just going to keep happening with Hamilton. They totally lucked out v rangers and needed a last minute pen yesterday. They’ll falter again and soon. 

Like we keep faltering you mean ?

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Like we keep faltering you mean ?

Correct. The bottom teams are the bottom teams for a reason. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Correct. The bottom teams are the bottom teams for a reason. 

I’m not seeing Hamilton losing enough from here in to go down. We’ve got 5 key games left. St mirren twice Ross County twice and Hamilton once. We’ll need to win 4 out of those 5. That’s becoming a big  ask the more you look at it. I actually think it’s better for us now if Hamilton keep winning( not against us obviously)

Edited by JimmyCant

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It does keep happening with Hamilton though, year on year.  They’re experts at this survival malarkey, we’re not. Of course they needed a bit luck to win at Ibrox and yes they needed a last minute penalty yesterday.  The fact that they managed to see them both out with clean sheets, and with 10 men yesterday, speaks volumes.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not seeing Hamilton losing enough from here in to go down. We’ve got 5 key games left. St mirren twice Ross County twice and Hamilton once. We’ll need to win 4 out of those 5. That’s becoming a big  ask the more you look at it.

They have Ross county and st mirren as well so if they do go on a winning run that puts that pair right down beside us. Hamilton are 4 ahead and we have a game in hand. It’s nuts to say they are safe given the good fortune of their victories recently. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

They have Ross county and st mirren as well so if they do go on a winning run that puts that pair right down beside us. Hamilton are 4 ahead and we have a game in hand. It’s nuts to say they are safe given the good fortune of their victories recently. 

Yeh I just added above that Hamilton keeping on winning might be a good thing

pettigrewsstylist

Wed goes well, i think we kick on

Wed goes badly, i think several heads go down, no matter how many pts still available,  and our chances with them.

I supect Wed really is critical.

Playing folks who wont go into a 50/50 challenge is a big gamble.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Fozzyonthefence
31 minutes ago, Jeff said:

St Mirren lost 4 goals to that Motherwell team.

St Mirren were 4-1 up at half time in that game then won on penalties,  then went back there in the league shortly after and won again.

Bit worried by the injuries we picked up yesterday. Added to the fact Nasimith seems to have lost his goal scoring touch however , pressure very much on Saints as they are at home hopefully they wilt like the vermin did last week.

29 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

St Mirren were 4-1 up at half time in that game then won on penalties,  then went back there in the league shortly after and won again.

They also shipped 5 yesterday. As we know it can be hard to pick yourself, a few days later, up after a doing at Celtic. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Have tickets sold out for this? My mate was looking at going down tomorrow to pick one up tomorrow.

The tickets did sell out for the original game and all are valid for Wednesday's game. I don't know if people had the option of asking for refunds and any tickets were then made available for re-sale by the club. If your friend is looknig for one he'd probably be better calling the club in advance rather than having a wasted journey to Tynecastle.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What’s wrong with it? 

We’re away.

I’m just a perfectionist.:laugh:

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We’re away.

I’m just a perfectionist.:laugh:

More a pedant I think. 

fixed. 😂

williamgerrard

Welcome to the party ross county

We need to win at all cost on weds now 

Edited by williamgerrard

Just now, williamgerrard said:

Welcome to the party ross county

We need to win at all cost ob weds now 

Thankfully Rangers ground out a 0 -1 which is a boost to us. We have it all to play for on Wednesday and hopefully get the three points.

Hard game away to Livi next Sunday and then Ross Co at home.

With any luck Ross Co v Hamilton will be a draw we don't really want either team to win.

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So , for arguments sake , we get beat on Wednesday . According to you we just give up ?

Shitehawkery surely

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

What’s wrong with it? 

It says "reschedule for" instead of "rescheduled for"

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Original game was on BT Sport, does that mean this game will still be on the tele?

Alba at 10pm.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Another week, another MUST WIN game.

We've not won many of those.

Everybody else has.

:sob:

If we didn't win them and we're still in the hunt surely they weren't really must win?

So in actual fact we haven't really lost any must win games! Bright side of life and all that ;)