*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Wrong.  Lose on Wednesday and we’re down.  I think you’re the only person on here that doesn’t think that. There’s no way this squad of shitehawks will recover from a defeat on Wednesday. 

That's shitehawks who knocked the designated league runners up. Defeated the city rivals who are currently in the top six of the table for the second time at their home this season. Then drew abeit at home with the team currently third in the same league. All within the last week. Shitehawks, would lose all three games. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

scary to need a win so bad v a team weve no beat in the league away in 10 years! hopefully that means its overdue

RustyRightPeg

Just watching St Mirren on Sportscene, they are absolutely p*sh.

I'll genuinely be worried if we take nothing from Wednesday.

been here before
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

So pish they got the same result we did.

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Someone will shoot that down

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

They did look pish though. Goodwin chucked it. Admitted himself he settled for a 1-0 defeat against rangers recently, so as not to upset team morale so let’s hope this doing has upset them. 

Edited by GinRummy

59 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

51 minutes ago, been here before said:

Yip they are that piss celtic beat them by the same score as us

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
9 hours ago, Locky said:

Have tickets sold out for this? My mate was looking at going down tomorrow to pick one up tomorrow.

I think its sold out. 

gashauskis9

We’re going to win the next three and get absolutely pumped at Pittodrie.  I can feel it in my gut.  

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We’re going to win the next three and get absolutely pumped at Pittodrie.  I can feel it in my gut.  

Get a tenner on it

At last we're a team that creates chances and usually scores goals.

It will be a battle and I'm going for a 2 -1 win.

13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

So 9 points out of 12 then ?

Disaster.

gashauskis9
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So 9 points out of 12 then ?

Disaster.

Your maths is good 👍

No, I don’t think it would be a disaster.  

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Not being on the TV is a total shit show.

It’s on BBC Alba at 10pm full game if you can avoid all score updates etc until then 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Bit of a cliche but all the bottom sides will prepare for every game like a final now.

St Mirren will put aside their hammering as everyone can take that from Celtic. They are at home and all the pressure is on us because we simply shouldn’t be in this position.  

But we are and we have to turn around that pressure on these teams through sheer grit and fight and force our quality out aswell. We didn’t do these things quick enough yesterday albeit against a reasonable side. 

We keep saying it’ll turn soon but how long have we been saying that?   If there is a time its crucial to come out the traps quickly then it’s Wednesday. Collect a win then form starts to look decent. 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Surely get a stream anyway. Am I right in thinking there's a pub or two that might show the stream? 

P_L_A_T_  T_V_R_ show most of our bigger away games. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

I think it will be a tense (if it's not already tense enough) match. 

A frustrating 1-0 win for Hearts.  We'll get the 3 points but not the goal difference.  Still time to get that later!

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

A frustrating 1-0 win for Hearts.  We'll get the 3 points but not the goal difference.  Still time to get that later!

“A frustrating 1-0 win”??? Frustrating? Are you kidding??

I’ll be feckin delighted with any kind of win!!

8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

1-0 to us means we go above them. Won’t get a clean sheet imo 2-2 draw is my prediction 

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Is it not on HeartsTV for overseas viewers?

Afraid not. We were getting it originally but that was from the BT feed 

Pohang Jambo
9 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

It's not. But you can buy a one game pass from St Mirren if you are abroad. 

If it's on Alba later and on st mirren tv live there will be streams  Will try and post some links if I find them.

Edited by GinRummy

11 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

They are minus 18 we are minutes 20, a 1-0 win puts us equal goal difference but we have scored more goals so would go above them

TheGoodLord

How can we have more than one “must win game”? Surely the “must win game” will be the one if we fail to win we’re relegated. 

Not sure this helps. 

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, Pohang Jambo said:

It's not. But you can buy a one game pass from St Mirren if you are abroad. 

Bollocks to that.  I got the last 'St Mirren TV' pass when we played them and it looked like some guy on a phone using Periscope. 

Heartsofgold
12 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

We rattled 5 past them the last time with a team playing shite most of the time.  We are now playing much better so I would hope we have too much for these pricks.  Hated this team since 1986 and will be very happy if they get relegated.

52 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

We rattled 5 past them the last time with a team playing shite most of the time.  We are now playing much better so I would hope we have too much for these pricks.  Hated this team since 1986 and will be very happy if they get relegated.

Indeed 

56 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Bollocks to that.  I got the last 'St Mirren TV' pass when we played them and it looked like some guy on a phone using Periscope. 

Seem to recall getting a refund as it was so poor. Also checked st mirren tv website and note the following 

*Matches scheduled on Champions League nights will be audio only due to UEFA broadcasting restrictions.

From today's press conference, the manager says he expects Clare, Walker and Boyce all to be fit after their knocks on Saturday.

23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

From today's press conference, the manager says he expects Clare, Walker and Boyce all to be fit after their knocks on Saturday.

Let's hope they bring their shooting boots with them.

Zlamal

Smith Halkett Dikamona Hickey 

Damour Bozanic 

Clare Naismith Moore

Washington 

On current form, this seems to be our best team. Boyce could come in with Washington replacing Moore. But for me the pace of Clare, Moore and Washington with Naismith pulling the strings in the middle is our best attacking formation.

I still have reservations about Hickey defensively and he's being asked to play a lot of games. But Garuccio seems to have disappeared. Maybe if Sibbick is fit he could play left back again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Having been told (mocked in fact) that it was nothing to do with money, lo n behold it is money that prevents these games from being shown live, well I never :)

Internet shock, some people make up shit :lol:

Onto the game itself, St Mirren have had just as arduous schedule as ourselves, so legs shouldn't be too much of an issue. We need our star men to do us a turn and stay composed, I thought we tried very hard on Saturday, possibly too hard, got in each others way and didn't have the clarity of thought.

I am feeling confident about this one, it is a massive game, that we win, then everything starts to get very close and we continue to build a head of steam

colinmaroon
47 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Seem to recall getting a refund as it was so poor. Also checked st mirren tv website and note the following 

*Matches scheduled on Champions League nights will be audio only due to UEFA broadcasting restrictions.

Pity the same rules didn't apply to Scotland and England - Man City v Arsenal on Sky Wednesday night.

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Having been told (mocked in fact) that it was nothing to do with money, lo n behold it is money that prevents these games from being shown live, well I never :)

Internet shock, some people make up shit :lol:

Onto the game itself, St Mirren have had just as arduous schedule as ourselves, so legs shouldn't be too much of an issue. We need our star men to do us a turn and stay composed, I thought we tried very hard on Saturday, possibly too hard, got in each others way and didn't have the clarity of thought.

I am feeling confident about this one, it is a massive game, that we win, then everything starts to get very close and we continue to build a head of steam

Note in press today that Goodwin "rested" 3 key players in the Celtic game, because he wants them fit for us.

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Pity the same rules didn't apply to Scotland and England - Man City v Arsenal on Sky Wednesday night.

They do. The game being shown will have a fine along with it which either sky or the Premier league themselfs will pay

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Note in press today that Goodwin "rested" 3 key players in the Celtic game, because he wants them fit for us.

Sensible thing to do. Its the prep time as well, Saturday/Wednesday on repeat as they have had it now for several weeks, if anything we should have a slight advantage. A few knocks on Saturday though, Damour, Clare, Walker, Boyce all took lengthy treatment

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, scott herbertson said:

Just be avoiding the internet and sitting down with a beer at 10pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000gfxp

I'd love to be strong enough to be able to do it. 

Likely Lads episode springs to mind, a comedy classic if ever there was one :)

14 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not now.

15 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s on BBC Alba at 10pm full game if you can avoid all score updates etc until then 

Oh goody....!

Two men and a dug understanding the commentary...!