*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How would their signing policy not suit us exactly?

Imo any club with their budget requires a huge amount of luck for a signing to be successful. At the level they’re spending its only a matter of time until the gambles fail and they go down. 

leveins signings have left us in a mess but copying livi in any way is just a bit silly. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

I’m quite confident but our record in BIG matches against the Midden is absolutely shocking.

1987 SCSF, 2010 LCSF, 2013 LCF and the league game we lost 2-0 in 2013/14 that would have taken us to within 3pts by the end of the first quarter after starting on -15. That last one was a huge boot in the baws and we never got close after that. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I know. Bigger clubs sometimes underachieve and smaller clubs overachieve.  What, specifically, about Livingstone is it you think we could learn from?

How to spell their name correctly?

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How to spell their name correctly?

Best answer by a country mile. It's always surprised me they spell Livingstone wrong.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How would their signing policy not suit us exactly?

What is their signing policy that you would Like us to learn from ? 

Heartsofgold
11 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Livingston are an example of a well run Club with a very limited fan base and financies - solid manager who knows the Scottish game and shrewd signings.

Instead of cosying up to Hibs maybe Mrs Budge needs look to how Livingston are being run.

You do realise that they are run by a gangster with a truly vicious reputation yes??

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

You do realise that they are run by a gangster with a truly vicious reputation yes??

What's his name?

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

He hardly runs them. He's Gary Holt's assistant. 

Not if the rumours are to be believed.   And I stress rumours.

Hi there, looking for a ticket for Tomorrow for my dad, can collect Today/Tonight.  If anyone has one available then please let me know.  Thanks.

Just now, gordiegords said:

When’s the last time we won through there?

28/09/19    St. Mirren 0 - 0 Hearts
24/11/18    St. Mirren 2 - 0 Hearts
29/12/13    St. Mirren 1 - 1 Hearts
27/02/13    St. Mirren 2 - 0 Hearts
15/09/12    St. Mirren 2 - 0 Hearts
05/11/11    St. Mirren 0 - 0 Hearts
29/12/10    St. Mirren 0 - 2 Hearts

8 minutes ago, kila said:

Scarey. 😣

Hackney Hearts
10 minutes ago, kila said:

That's really poor. One goal in the last 6 visits! That's worse than Parkhead (3 in 6 matches).

0.17 goals per game.  

Surely we can improve on that ratio...

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

David Martindale.

He does not own the Club - he is an assistant coach.

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

And he has passed the SFA criteria for a “fit and proper person” to run a football Club has he? 🤔

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

How to win football matches? 

On their own pitch definitely, two wins on grass in the last two seasons is a strange statistic that even we can boast a better record away from home.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He doesn’t have the qualifications to be the manager apparently but runs the whole football side.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And he has passed the SFA criteria for a “fit and proper person” to run a football Club has he? 🤔

Did any of the scheisters who ran Rangers into the ground pass it, usual SFA nonsense. When Easter Road is flats and they’re playing on reclaimed land in the forth this question will be asked again 😆😂🤪

Jambo 4 Ever
5 hours ago, Finlay James said:

5-0 Hearts

Boyce (3) and Washington (2)

:jjockio:

you realise we have only scored 3 goals there in 10 years - and you think we will score 5?!

gordiegords
1 hour ago, kila said:

My god that’s harrowing despite the gap.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I know. Bigger clubs sometimes underachieve and smaller clubs overachieve.  What, specifically, about Livingstone is it you think we could learn from?

A fair bit about Africa, Christian missionary work circa mid 19th Century. It was David you were referring to I presume 😀

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He doesn’t have the qualifications to be the manager apparently but runs the whole football side.

I thought Gary Holt did that?  

11 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

A fair bit about Africa, Christian missionary work circa mid 19th Century. It was David you were referring to I presume 😀

Hahaha. Good one.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did any of the scheisters who ran Rangers into the ground pass it, usual SFA nonsense. When Easter Road is flats and they’re playing on reclaimed land in the forth this question will be asked again 😆😂🤪

They were dodgy but I don’t believe they were “drug dealing gangsters” were they?

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Lose this and I hope all the players shut up in the press.

they should be anyway - concentrate on playing rather than giving the usual clichés to the press

56 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And by all accounts a pretty decent assistant coach 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

they should be anyway - concentrate on playing rather than giving the usual clichés to the press

Do you think players lose the ability to concentrate on playing when selected for press duty?

57 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Anyone in Livi will tell you that he runs the club, the manager and owner are front men for Martindale and his heroin cash.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do you think players lose the ability to concentrate on playing when selected for press duty?

possibly

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

As I've got older, I've got better at self censoring. 

It'll just put your blood pressure up. Let it all out.

10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Anyone in Livi will tell you that he runs the club, the manager and owner are front men for Martindale and his heroin cash.

So why has this not been headlined by the media and investigated by the SFA if this is such public knowledge??

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So why has this not been headlined by the media and investigated by the SFA if this is such public knowledge??

Doubt the SFA will have evidence of them being front men for Martindale but the will know about his background https://www.sundaypost.com/news/scottish-news/livingston-fc-under-fire-for-giving-coaching-role-to-drugs-crook/

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It'll just put your blood pressure up. Let it all out.

Ok. I propose that the gentleman in question imbibed a smoothie of concentrated testicles for breakfast followed by a lunch of faecal tartare, and is now in the process of regurgitating said meals in verbal form.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ok. I propose that the gentleman in question imbibed a smoothie of concentrated testicles for breakfast followed by a lunch of faecal tartare, and is now in the process of regurgitating said meals in verbal form.

Well put.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

For someone who was so sure Livi were the example we should follow, you don’t seem to know very much about them. 🤔

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Who knows? Martindale's history is easy to verify though, it's not exactly a secret.

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

For someone who was so sure Livi were the example we should follow, you don’t seem to know very much about them. 🤔

My comments were solely related to the on field performance of their Manager and team on what is a very limited support and financial income.

I seen no firm evidence that they are run by a “drug dealing gangster” as suggested on here.

They have given a guy who was jailed a coaching role and I certainly do not condone that, however we also went down a similar route with a manager a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My comments were solely related to the on field performance of their Manager and team on what is a very limited support and financial income.

I seen no firm evidence that they are run by a “drug dealing gangster” as suggested on here.

They have given a guy who was jailed a coaching role and I certainly do not condone that, however we also went down a similar route with a manager a few years ago.

When we went down 'that route' I doubt if fans on non hearts forums were suggesting their team follows our example.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Who knows? Martindale's history is easy to verify though, it's not exactly a secret.

Yes I’ve read his history, and because of that history it’s a gimmie that Livy are run by a “drug dealing gangster”?