Budge Out.

Leveins Battalion

6 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

And who appointed the manager who recruited most of the shite on the park. That’s right our chairperson.

One day the moaners will get it into their thick heads that without AB there would be no Hearts. FOH did nothing at the time of administration, in fact it didn’t even exist.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• OldGorgie

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

No point with some people. A lot of them are the same ones who wanted CL kept after the end of last season and are now saying she deserves a job for like because she put up the money to save the club.

If the FoH genuinely believe that she is the right person to take it forward, fine. 

Personally I believe that as a figurehead for the club, AB would be an asset but her ability to run the footballing side of the business is something I’m not convinced she is particularly good at based on what has happened since RN left. 

Her legacy should have been the stand and the football club in a strong financial position. At present because we are staring down the barrel of relegation people have a right to be angry at where the club is and the biggest reason we are there is due to her blind loyalty to CL and giving him too much power at the club. 

People can blame DS if they want but to coin a phrase, he can only pee with the dick that he has and he was left some complete dross. He was given a difficult transfer window to recruit in, and in the position we were in with pretty much zero budget and bottom of the league, trying to encourage people to come to the club would have been difficult.

RN won the championship with record points and goals tally, yet the usual cretinous suspects said he wasn’t good enough. The reality is that there is a large number of scumbags in our support  who criticise even when we are doing well.

Geoff Kilpatrick
25 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

RN won the championship with record points and goals tally, yet the usual cretinous suspects said he wasn’t good enough. The reality is that there is a large number of scumbags in our support  who criticise even when we are doing well.

Yep, how dare he be criticised for losing to a Maltese pub team or claiming that a cup replay derby was a "moneyspinner". :rolleyes:

He chose to leave.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yep, how dare he be criticised for losing to a Maltese pub team or claiming that a cup replay derby was a "moneyspinner". :rolleyes:

He chose to leave.

That defeat was the start of our decline.  

8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He chose to leave.

Geoff, the problem is that people are basing this on sentiment not business. AB needs to appoint a CEO who knows how to run the footballing side of business

Re point below. No it wasn’t. It was a thinking of Aberdeen at tynecastle, after that RN’s style chanhed

8 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He chose to leave.

And that of course negates all the positives he achieved. Another stupid comment.

13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Good points.

My only problem with her was Craig Levein. Now he’s gone I haven’t read one good reason for Budge to go. She’s just a target for her past mistake.

Exactly

Geoff Kilpatrick
39 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

And that of course negates all the positives he achieved. Another stupid comment.

Who is negating any positives? Do you understand that the world isn't binary?

10 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

A very small proportion of fans wanted Neilson away, so fans that are unhappy about us being bottom of the league in February are scumbags? Aye ok then. 

The non-executives on the Board are particularly culpable for the failure to control Levein in particular.

He was talking strategy of continuity, succession, players recruited to sell, youth academy (£4m!) to bear fruit, low turnover of players etc.  

And instead there were punts on managers including himself, constant huge turnover of players, nothing from the 'academy' etc.

Yet these Board members - particularly the FoH reps - did nothing.  Ann Budge should never have brought Levein back to the club - but the Board members should have forced him out.

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, Coco said:

The non-executives on the Board are particularly culpable for the failure to control Levein in particular.

He was talking strategy of continuity, succession, players recruited to sell, youth academy (£4m!) to bear fruit, low turnover of players etc.  

And instead there were punts on managers including himself, constant huge turnover of players, nothing from the 'academy' etc.

Yet these Board members - particularly the FoH reps - did nothing.  Ann Budge should never have brought Levein back to the club - but the Board members should have forced him out.

I disagree with you on bringing Levein back but I agree someone should have called bullshit on Levein taking the manager job and remaining as DoF. That reliance on Levein controlling the whole footballing side led to this complete mess.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I disagree with you on bringing Levein back but I agree someone should have called bullshit on Levein taking the manager job and remaining as DoF. That reliance on Levein controlling the whole footballing side led to this complete mess.

The 1st mistake that AB ever made was allowing her confidante on all things football to be the very same person who was charged with overseeing her very first project within the football world 

Regardless of who the person actually was 

Putting football based knowledge aside, and from a business perspective, that type of strategy carries a huge amount of risk.

Not just for AB. For anyone in Business.

I would have thought she would have recognised this at the time.

The Mercer Takeover
4 hours ago, The Fonz said:

A very small proportion of fans wanted Neilson away, so fans that are unhappy about us being bottom of the league in February are scumbags? Aye ok then. 

Please stop the revisionism.

Neilson did really well in the championship but as time went on in the premiership, he started listening to Levein and started playing percentage football. 

He had essentially abandoned the swashbuckling attacking football we enjoyed and especially away from home we were awful to watch.

Good riddance.

He had simply reached his sell by date with Hearts and the unhappiness with him was widespread. He knew it as well, which is why he jumped ship.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Neilson did really well in the championship but as time went on in the premiership, he started listening to Levein and started playing percentage football. 

He had essentially abandoned the swashbuckling attacking football we enjoyed and especially away from home we were awful to watch.

Good riddance.

He had simply reached his sell by date with Hearts and the unhappiness with him was widespread. He knew it as well, which is why he jumped ship.

we were only ever swashbuckling against the plumbers and postmen - as dundee utd boss (not under the influence of levein ) he celebrated a 0/0 draw in the play-offs and of course lost the shoot-out - gifted hibs the cup too

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

the radio guys were saying the last time they were at tynecastle in the rain they were moved due to a risk of electrocution - almost like the correct expertise came secondary in the tendering process - what's the running total and expected cost when it's finished anyone knows - queen Ann :lol:

Niemi’s gloves
8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

we were only ever swashbuckling against the plumbers and postmen - as dundee utd boss (not under the influence of levein ) he celebrated a 0/0 draw in the play-offs and of course lost the shoot-out - gifted hibs the cup too

Gifted hibs the cup? Hardly all Neilson’s fault.  I’d say that a mediocre Rangers team improbably beating Celtic in the semis and then completely failing to turn up in final had quite a bit to do with it as well. 

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

The 1st mistake that AB ever made was allowing her confidante on all things football to be the very same person who was charged with overseeing her very first project within the football world 

Regardless of who the person actually was 

Putting football based knowledge aside, and from a business perspective, that type of strategy carries a huge amount of risk.

Not just for AB. For anyone in Business.

I would have thought she would have recognised this at the time.

She would have : businesses take risks all the time but it's the level of risk that's important.  The point here is, given CLs previous record with Hearts &  his management experience generally it should have been a relatively low risk. Ultimately, who else was there with his kind of experience of the Scottish game who was readily available ? Where I digress from this is when she appointed him as manager and then says nearly 2 years later , publicly, CL is disorganised and she's going to do a review of the "football department". At that point people began to ask WTF was going on at the club - and even now we don't really know although we get snippets around the training "regime" of certain individuals, for example. 

She put her faith in CL but she didn't manage him properly. 

19 hours ago, The Fonz said:

It comes with the territory unfortunately. Those mistakes will likely see us relegated, which for a club like Hearts and with the backing that the fans have provided is unforgivable. Regardless of who you are you’ll deservedly take flak for that. 

If she didn’t want this she could have appointed a CEO to run things, but it’s very much her show. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Good riddance.

This.

The length of time it took us to appoint a new manager has to be questioned. 

Plans should have been made a long time before levein was punted. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

The length of time it took us to appoint a new manager has to be questioned. 

Plans should have been made a long time before levein was punted. 

It has been questioned, hundreds possibly thousands of times, Ann Budge even admitted that she let it go longer than she should have.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

It has been questioned, hundreds possibly thousands of times, Ann Budge even admitted that she let it go longer than she should have.

Well that's it then, budge oot, close thread. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

= incompetence.

Bye bye Budge.

22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

= incompetence.

Bye bye Budge.

You get what you deserve in life. Reading a lot of the posts here from the slavering erses, then relegation seems a certainty and deserved. Be interesting to see how many benefactors will put money into the club when AB is no longer there and how many of the loudmouths who criticise everything about AB will continue with their FOH contributions. Assuming these types actually made regular contributions in the first place.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

You get what you deserve in life. Reading a lot of the posts here from the slavering erses, then relegation seems a certainty and deserved. Be interesting to see how many benefactors will put money into the club when AB is no longer there and how many of the loudmouths who criticise everything about AB will continue with their FOH contributions. Assuming these types actually made regular contributions in the first place.

Benefactors must be delighted at our downward trajectory.

I’ve donated since day one. Budge is out of her depth. The two aren’t connected.

20 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I’d assume the benefactors might be annoyed that they’ve contributed money that’s been pissed up the wall by the club. If not they should be. 

If anything having someone in who can utilise the budget effectively should attract more investment. 

5 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the radio guys were saying the last time they were at tynecastle in the rain they were moved due to a risk of electrocution - almost like the correct expertise came secondary in the tendering process - what's the running total and expected cost when it's finished anyone knows - queen Ann :lol:

I have to admit I was a bit embarrassed listening to the commentary on Saturday. Huge amount of money spent on the stand and many good things about it. But I have to say having all the journos and radio folk exposed to the the torrential rain is a bit of a joke 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I have to admit I was a bit embarrassed listening to the commentary on Saturday. Huge amount of money spent on the stand and many good things about it. But I have to say having all the journos and radio folk exposed to the the torrential rain is a bit of a joke 

Poor babies. That rain wasn't exactly normal.

10 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Least of our worries. 

10 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Correct, 👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Delighted the Monkeys got a soaking.

If were up to me they wouldn’t be in the stadium at all.

Scum.

😂 class. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Ffs, the wind blew the rain in. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 class. 

You quoting him reminded me why he is on ignore. 

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We've been exposed to the elements for years doon the front of the wheatfield!!  Journos can buy a big coat and put it on expenses!!!

On 16/02/2020 at 19:38, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

God knows how she will be portrayed in this bloody documentary! The female Martin Bain!

I really hope the documentary is scrapped. We’re a big enough laughing stock as it is.

21 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Nope. That Maltese team, as I understand it, had a budget near to or bigger than ours. The rot set in after the league cup semi v Celtic  and became established when we were hammered by Livi (if I've got the sequence right?) Old age you know.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Nope. That Maltese team, as I understand it, had a budget near to or bigger than ours. The rot set in after the league cup semi v Celtic  and became established when we were hammered by Livi (if I've got the sequence right?) Old age you know.

And that team beat west ham or someone a year or so before. Way too much was read into the Maltese result, especially as if Bauben hadn’t missed a pen it could have been very different.

Neilson’s first euro campaign and you would have thought he’d get cut some slack, but no... 

How many goes has McInnes had at europe now with worst results than that one?

Your sequence is right. Livi was an inexplicable result and it was pretty much downhill from there.

Edited by ToqueJambo

40 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

:rofl:

I'm as critical of the heirarchy as anyone but implying the stand isn't entirely good because some journalists got wet during a ****ing storm is up there with one of the most ridiculous posts ever. :rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

:rofl:

I'm as critical of the heirarchy as anyone but implying the stand isn't entirely good because some journalists got wet during a ****ing storm is up there with one of the most ridiculous posts ever. :rofl:

My heart went out to these poor souls who didn’t even had to pay for admission.

33 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Any evidence to support your revelation that the Maltese had a budget near or equal to ours??

41 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

I really hope the documentary is scrapped. We’re a big enough laughing stock as it is.

Not a chance - it is gold for the TV company!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

I got soaked in row 9, **** them, my sympathy is with the thousands of us who got wet in all four stands. Start a thread about a roof, might take our minds off the shite in the pitch.

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Any evidence to support your revelation that the Maltese had a budget near or equal to ours??

I would be surprised either but our budget was very conservative the first couple of years after admin. Neilson was getting paid a pittance relatively speaking, Levein too. They're in Europe every year even if the year they beat us was their best year. That means Euro money every season.

Birikara were far from the worst of the teams to knock out a Scottish team early doors in recent years. They were in the CL 3 years before us and had been in it a couple times before that. They only lost to West Ham on pens the year before playing us. We were similarly dominant in our game as West Ham were in theres. There was a total over-reaction to that result. We missed a pen and hit woodwork at least twice.

55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would be surprised either but our budget was very conservative the first couple of years after admin. Neilson was getting paid a pittance relatively speaking, Levein too. They're in Europe every year even if the year they beat us was their best year. That means Euro money every season.

Birikara were far from the worst of the teams to knock out a Scottish team early doors in recent years. They were in the CL 3 years before us and had been in it a couple times before that. They only lost to West Ham on pens the year before playing us. We were similarly dominant in our game as West Ham were in theres. There was a total over-reaction to that result. We missed a pen and hit woodwork at least twice.

Champions League?

:notsure:

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Champions League?

:notsure:

Can't be arsed picking a fight over the CL and CL group stages. I still consider us to have played in the CL as that's the umbrella competition name, group stages and all. So have Birkikara. That's how it's listed in the record books and on UEFA's own website where we are listed in between Hamburg and Inter for season 06/07 in the UEFA Champions League section of their website.

Edited by ToqueJambo