Budge Out.

Leveins Battalion

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Its not about that mate. Anyone who isn’t happy is a mini hun ken likes. 

No, he's right about that. Has feck all to do with my point though.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• OldGorgie

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've no interest or idea.

Still waiting for an answer to my question 

You asked the question, so I’ll hopefully answer it. None, probably, because a majority of the chairmen of clubs are also the owners so they are hardly likely to blame or sack themselves. 

AB is not going to be the owner/majority shareholder of the club in the very near future. That will be FoH. If the elected representatives of FoH think that she is fit to continue as chairperson, fine. No issues.

However, I am not blinded to her flaws. Her failure to act on the CL situation cost us him blowing our budget in the summer and if the stories are correct, the possibility of Jack Ross as a manager. 

The same people who are on here defending her are the same ones who defended CL in the summer saying he would come good, 

I’ll ask you a question, are you happy with our league position and who do you blame for where we are.

There’s something truly despicable about the moaners who want AB out because our players have failed on the pitch. The fact that she saved the club from extinction, put the club on a good financial footing and built a new stand seems irrelevant. All that matters to the moaners is blaming someone. 

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

No, he's right about that. Has feck all to do with my point though.

I was referring to the FoH donations, just so we’re clear. 

I’m failing to see your point though. 

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The same people who are on here defending her are the same ones who defended CL in the summer saying he would come good, 

Garbage, like many I wanted CL out last season. AB has attracted lots of investment into the club, do you seriously think these benefactors will continue to fund the club when the FOH take over. No chance and I think a lot of the loud mouths will stop their contributions when FOH takeover.

3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

There’s something truly despicable about the moaners who want AB out because our players have failed on the pitch. The fact that she saved the club from extinction, put the club on a good financial footing and built a new stand seems irrelevant. All that matters to the moaners is blaming someone. 

And who appointed the manager who recruited most of the shite on the park. That’s right our chairperson.

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Garbage, like many I wanted CL out last season. AB has attracted lots of investment into the club, do you seriously think these benefactors will continue to fund the club when the FOH take over. No chance and I think a lot of the loud mouths will stop their contributions when FOH takeover.

Keep her as a figurehead and appoint a good CEO

However, I think you will find that a lot of those defending her are the same ones who wanted CL to get this season

Edited by merseyjambo

Just now, OldGorgie said:

It’s good that she’s able to attract benefactors, but it’s pointless when there’s no return on that investment. All they are doing is funding a circus. 

A club with income half the size of ours would be performing significantly better if it was run competently. For examples see; Ross County, Livi, Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone- they’re the ones above us in the table. 

12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

You asked the question, so I’ll hopefully answer it. None, probably, because a majority of the chairmen of clubs are also the owners so they are hardly likely to blame or sack themselves. 

AB is not going to be the owner/majority shareholder of the club in the very near future. That will be FoH. If the elected representatives of FoH think that she is fit to continue as chairperson, fine. No issues.

However, I am not blinded to her flaws. Her failure to act on the CL situation cost us him blowing our budget in the summer and if the stories are correct, the possibility of Jack Ross as a manager. 

I’ll ask you a question, are you happy with our league position and who do you blame for where we are.

No I'm not happy with our league position. Anybody who is needs launched from this site.

I don't know what to blame but I don't think it is as simple as having a "who" to blame.

9 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

I was referring to the FoH donations, just so we’re clear. 

I’m failing to see your point though. 

Then my point is correct, you have no idea where that money has went or what it was used for.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's not rocket science mate, read my post that he replied to. It's not even that far back.

Looks like something to do with other relegated clubs and whether they got rid of their Chairman? 

A point which was thoroughly debunked by MerseyJambo.  

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Looks like something to do with other relegated clubs and whether they got rid of their Chairman? 

If supporters want rid of budge they should be doing it via FoH which will own the club in April, I believe. 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Ok so I overestimated your reading ability.

The post you jumped into was made by The Fonz not MerseyJambo.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Then my point is correct, you have no idea where that money has went or what it was used for.

My understanding is that it’s been used to (a) pay back the initial BidCo loan (b) working capital of the club (c) infrastructure projects like the stand. 

My point was that there thousands of us putting in our hard earned cash into the club whilst it’s being woefully mismanaged. We put in our money and the board run the operation, which has clearly been a failure of epic proportions. 

There’s an accountability to the fans (FoH donators or otherwise) to run the club properly. 

Just now, The Fonz said:

My understanding is that it’s been used to (a) pay back the initial BidCo loan (b) working capital of the club (c) infrastructure projects like the stand. 

My point was that there thousands of us putting in our hard earned cash into the club whilst it’s being woefully mismanaged. We put in our money and the board run the operation, which has clearly been a failure of epic proportions. 

There’s an accountability to the fans (FoH donators or otherwise) to run the club properly. 

It was always meant to be a).

It has never been about b). Not until a) is complete.

We agreed to c).

I have no issue with the rest of your post.

34 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ok so I overestimated your reading ability.

The post you jumped into was made by The Fonz not MerseyJambo.

Edited by TheOak88

1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

The club is being very well managed, the team is being woefully managed. 

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Nothing to do with staring relegation in the face then no?  Just because of the party songs being stopped? Ridiculous generalisation. 

It's true though 😊

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Backed every manager,  built a proper infrastructure,  she really is the least of our problems. 

Not very many board members are football savvy in truth. 

She eventually delivered the manager the fans wanted,  if not myself personally,  can't say she didn't listen either. 

I think she deserves better than any of her managers bar Neilson have offered 

Even if we end up in the Championship next season  that is better than playing in the South of Scotland league as 'New Hearts' or something similar, which is what would have happened if Ann Budge hadn't stepped in. So OP,  away and bile yer heid.

8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's true though 😊

I don’t think she should leave at this stage so I can’t 100% say so if no but it seems a ridiculous generalisation of a growing proportion of the support tbh. 

37 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The club is being very well managed, the team is being woefully managed. 

I’d suggest that it goes beyond the team and covers the entire “football department” to borrow a term from our chair person. 

The football department has been run appallingly for a long time in just about every measurable way; youth, recruitment, tactics, results.

Levein is responsible for that 100%, but he reports into Budge and she’s allowed this to happen. It’s abundantly clear that he needed to go, but she failed to act. Her and Levein are the ones responsible for where we are just now. 

The point about the club being well managed is fair with some fairly big caveats like the stand coming in at twice the original budget. If we get relegated the negative impact on the rest of the business will be huge and will have us back in the championship with a poor and expensive squad. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Backed every manager,  built a proper infrastructure,  she really is the least of our problems. 

Not very many board members are football savvy in truth. 

She eventually delivered the manager the fans wanted,  if not myself personally,  can't say she didn't listen either. 

I think she deserves better than any of her managers bar Neilson have offered 

Good points.

My only problem with her was Craig Levein. Now he’s gone I haven’t read one good reason for Budge to go. She’s just a target for her past mistake.

Edited by GinRummy

3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

And who appointed the manager who recruited most of the shite on the park. That’s right our chairperson.

And that's why were absolutely shite and prob going down    !!!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, The Fonz said:

The money is to buy the club not run it, although some has been siphoned off for specific projects.

After fans own the club though we can vote to change that.

People look at the 8000 pledges coming every month and think we should be flying in the league with that advantage, but you have to remember we are only now getting to the final stage where the club is officially saved and in fan ownership.

After the ownership transfer my take is we can figure out how to best use future FoH subs.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Spot on.

Yep theres been a significant upturn in mini hun activity since admin which Budge has tried to address.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Your 2nd sentence is just ludicrous. The person currently running the club commissioned a capital project that has been a financial disaster and is still unfinished. Compounded by a blind refusal to see what was happening for most of last season and  further by appointing the person responsible for the mess because she couldn't atract a new manager.  Now I don't know how many suitable CEOs are kicking about but if the fans don't want more than is curently being delivered then there won't be much improvement any time soon. The last 3 years have been a farce.

You think getting rid of budge now will save our season?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

You think getting rid of budge now will save our season?

She’s here till at least the end of the season, whatever happens.

The same folk who want rid of Budge probably wanted Stendel appointed, such is the way of KB, me I want to keep Budge and get rid of Stendel at end of season, whether we are up or down, risky experiment gone/going wrong.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good points.

My only problem with her was Craig Levein. Now he’s gone I haven’t read one good reason for Budge to go. She’s just a target for her past mistake.

Think this is where most Hearts fans are she has backed both Levein and Stendel to the hilt. She can't be blamed for the former signing bus loads of poor , injury prone players some on - at our level - ridiculous wages. Stendel has signed 4 players so far Boyce and Toby look good not sure about the other 2. Neither Ann not Stendel can be held responsible for the lily livered first team squad we have now.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The money is to buy the club not run it, although some has been siphoned off for specific projects.

After fans own the club though we can vote to change that.

People look at the 8000 pledges coming every month and think we should be flying in the league with that advantage, but you have to remember we are only now getting to the final stage where the club is officially saved and in fan ownership.

After the ownership transfer my take is we can figure out how to best use future FoH subs.

The loan to buy the club was £2.5m and thus far FOH have contributed £9.7m. I’ve no issue with paying her back or the money being allocated to specific projects. 

My main issue is that she insists on running the club and is doing a horrible job. She could have fronted the money and had it back with interest and I’d be onboard with the “saviour” chat. The fact is she’s overseen a period of continued failure on the park that may well see us relegated. 

I know this is a Budge thread and not a Levein one but the two go hand in hand. She’s allowed him to blow millions on garbage and it will take a huge amount to undo the damage of the last three years. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

The loan to buy the club was £2.5m and thus far FOH have contributed £9.7m. I’ve no issue with paying her back or the money being allocated to specific projects. 

My main issue is that she insists on running the club and is doing a horrible job. She could have fronted the money and had it back with interest and I’d be onboard with the “saviour” chat. The fact is she’s overseen a period of continued failure on the park that may well see us relegated. 

I know this is a Budge thread and not a Levein one but the two go hand in hand. She’s allowed him to blow millions on garbage and it will take a huge amount to undo the damage of the last three years. 

It was reasonable to expect Cathro, Levein and to a lesser extent Stendel to get better results with the money spent on the team. It’s also reasonable to look at the whole picture and consider the enormous impact of our injuries the last 18mths or so.

Geoff Kilpatrick
37 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Even if we end up in the Championship next season  that is better than playing in the South of Scotland league as 'New Hearts' or something similar, which is what would have happened if Ann Budge hadn't stepped in. So OP,  away and bile yer heid.

No one is dismissing her part in saving the club. That doesn't mean she should have a job for life. She will no longer be majority shareholder once the share purchase is complete so why FoH have decided that her occupying the CEO seat for the next couple of years is the right thing to do is bizarre.

I don't want Ann to remain in any kind of decision making position.

She thoroughly deserves some kind of privileged seat for life in the new main, a good kick at the ba' at a free bar on a matchday, as many prawn sandwiches as she can eat...but, to lead us forward into the future, NO. 

She's appointed Stendel, who must be given a free hand to keep us up and given a chance to show what he can do next season, but she owed us a good decision after the Levein saga.

There appears to be quite a few beLeveiner's and emailing Hibs scuttlers, who are calling for Stendel to be removed, but they can gtf.

Snivelling feckers either way. 

Edited by martoon

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one is dismissing her part in saving the club. That doesn't mean she should have a job for life. She will no longer be majority shareholder once the share purchase is complete so why FoH have decided that her occupying the CEO seat for the next couple of years is the right thing to do is bizarre.

Budge can stay if she wants to IMO (although she must be questioning why) but has that been decided? I read there’s a transition stage here then assume things will be assessed.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It was reasonable to expect Cathro, Levein and to a lesser extent Stendel to get better results with the money spent on the team. It’s also reasonable to look at the whole picture and consider the enormous impact of our injuries the last 18mths or so.

It’s been done to death on here but the failure to get rid of Levein will be her undoing. He appointed Cathro, oversaw back to back 6th place finishes and in full relegation form since October 2018. 

She doesn’t know anything about football, I understand that. However, the loyalty she showed him goes way beyond that. She let him continue to ruin the team long after the point it was clear it wasn’t getting better (even after there were protests outside the main stand demanding he was sacked). 

It’s a shame it’s come to this, but if you insist on running the club then you’re responsible for making sure you have a competent person as DoF or manager. She failed to do that and the fact that the guy is still hanging around and picking up a wage from us is nothing short of disgusting. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Budge can stay if she wants to IMO (although she must be questioning why) but has that been decided? I read there’s a transition stage here then assume things will be assessed.

That is what FoH have said.

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1 minute ago, The Fonz said:

It’s been done to death on here but the failure to get rid of Levein will be her undoing. He appointed Cathro, oversaw back to back 6th place finishes and in full relegation form since October 2018. 

She doesn’t know anything about football, I understand that. However, the loyalty she showed him goes way beyond that. She let him continue to ruin the team long after the point it was clear it wasn’t getting better (even after there were protests outside the main stand demanding he was sacked). 

It’s a shame it’s come to this, but if you insist on running the club then you’re responsible for making sure you have a competent person as DoF or manager. She failed to do that and the fact that the guy is still hanging around and picking up a wage from us is nothing short of disgusting. 

All of  this is fair comment. However my post on us only existing because of AB is also fair. AB is accused and found guilty (imo) of being too loyal to CL and giving him too much control of the football side. I accuse her also of being a PHW who made some mistakes in her glittering career, maybe one of which was to get involved with a football club, some of whose supporters are a bunch of ungrateful B'stards.

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

All of  this is fair comment. However my post on us only existing because of AB is also fair. AB is accused and found guilty (imo) of being too loyal to CL and giving him too much control of the football side. I accuse her also of being a PHW who made some mistakes in her glittering career, maybe one of which was to get involved with a football club, some of whose supporters are a bunch of ungrateful B'stards.

It comes with the territory unfortunately. Those mistakes will likely see us relegated, which for a club like Hearts and with the backing that the fans have provided is unforgivable. Regardless of who you are you’ll deservedly take flak for that. 

If she didn’t want this she could have appointed a CEO to run things, but it’s very much her show. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, The Fonz said:

It comes with the territory unfortunately. Those mistakes will likely see us relegated, which for a club like Hearts and with the backing that the fans have provided is unforgivable. Regardless of who you are you’ll deservedly take flak for that. 

If she didn’t want this she could have appointed a CEO to run things, but it’s very much her show. 

God knows how she will be portrayed in this bloody documentary! The female Martin Bain!

8 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Unforgiveable, after she saved our club from extinction, really?

And if her aunty had balls she'd have been her uncle.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

God knows how she will be portrayed in this bloody documentary! The female Martin Bain!

She won't give a toss either way. She will have a permanent legacy called  Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

'Mon the Hearts!

Edited by upgotheheads

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Unforgiveable, after she saved our club from extinction, really?

And if her aunty had balls she'd have been her uncle.

She won't give a toss either way. She will have a permanent legacy called  Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

'Mon the Hearts!

Yes, unforgivable. How low do we have to go before she’s accountable? If we go down this year and then down again to league one next season is she accountable then?

I think everyone would acknowledge her part in saving the club by putting up the cash, but that doesn’t give her a free ride to run us into the ground. Not to mention the fact that she’s been more than happy to take the plaudits when things have gone well and the construction of the stand have made her brothers company millions of pounds. 

As of this month she’s been paid back with interest, hopefully a natural conclusion and we can move on in the right direction with people who understand how to run a football club. 

14 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Yes, unforgivable. How low do we have to go before she’s accountable? If we go down this year and then down again to league one next season is she accountable then?

I think everyone would acknowledge her part in saving the club by putting up the cash, but that doesn’t give her a free ride to run us into the ground. Not to mention the fact that she’s been more than happy to take the plaudits when things have gone well and the construction of the stand have made her brothers company millions of pounds. 

As of this month she’s been paid back with interest, hopefully a natural conclusion and we can move on in the right direction with people who understand how to run a football club. 

No point with some people. A lot of them are the same ones who wanted CL kept after the end of last season and are now saying she deserves a job for like because she put up the money to save the club.

If the FoH genuinely believe that she is the right person to take it forward, fine. 

Personally I believe that as a figurehead for the club, AB would be an asset but her ability to run the footballing side of the business is something I’m not convinced she is particularly good at based on what has happened since RN left. 

Her legacy should have been the stand and the football club in a strong financial position. At present because we are staring down the barrel of relegation people have a right to be angry at where the club is and the biggest reason we are there is due to her blind loyalty to CL and giving him too much power at the club. 

People can blame DS if they want but to coin a phrase, he can only pee with the dick that he has and he was left some complete dross. He was given a difficult transfer window to recruit in, and in the position we were in with pretty much zero budget and bottom of the league, trying to encourage people to come to the club would have been difficult.