Budge Out.

Leveins Battalion

14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Levein does appear to have an almost Rasputin-esque hold over her. I thought she was sensible when she came in and admitted she knew nothing about the football side so had brought in Levein. Where it all seemed to go wrong was Robbie leaving, or perhaps even before that when Robbie decided that the SPL was so different from the Championship that he had to entirely change the team's style to be more solid...You do wonder if that was Levein's influence too.

Anyway from there it was just a disaster, Cathro was too poor a communicator to be a manager and worse he was given a free rein to change everything immediately. Then Levein took over all the responsibility to "fix things" and failed for 2 years. 

Now we are in the bizarre situation of Levein being sacked but not sacked, and Stendel has pretty much been hung out to dry by being told to change things but given limited resources to do it...

I have faith in Stendel, I think he can still get us out of this mess but the bloody players need to step up! I cannot imagine the previous coaching regime still ghosting around helps at all...

limited resources?

£150k for Boyce plus loan signings Daniel could bring in?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• OldGorgie

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

limited resources?

£150k for Boyce plus loan signings Daniel could bring in?

Budge made Stendel operate on a one-in-one-out basis. He had to get rid of Levein's dross to the likes of; Arbroath, Raith Rovers and Fleetwood Town before he could bring anyone in.

The transfer fee for Boyce would have been covered by the fee we got for Mulraney, which is miraculous in itself that someone paid money for that diddy.

12 minutes ago, Sid said:

I think the rasputin hold has now been severed. He’s not still here any any significant capacity 

you mention Stendel not getting funds. Paying Levein etc off would have made funds even tighter and he had no team with him so someone had to do the shitty jobs like get rid of deadwood. (Left to Levein). 
agree players need to step up. But if you have enough firepower to beat Rangers Hibs draw with Well, a manager should have enough to beat the dross at the bottom. Do jury is a bit out with me on Stendel. 

I think what we see has parallels with Rangers currently. Rangers are soft and without Morelos on form they have pretty much nothing. We have a whole bunch of strikers who are not prolific (Boyce may be, certainly has been, but I suspect he is carrying an injury). We also have a midfield which foul rather than win balls I reckon over the last 20 years all the smaller teams have perfected a style of football which is very functional but the "bigger" teams are finding really hard to break down. Thus we are only 23 points from 3rd...Last summer Levein identified creativity in the midfield as the problem and then spent his summer chasing Glenn Whelan to play DM. Sure he signed Walker but Walker was past it when he left Hearts last time! 

So we have crap GKs, leaky defence, uncreative midfield and thus unprolific strikers...I have sympathy for Stendal.

Edited by Spellczech

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

How can you possibly know what state Ann Budge will leave the club in ? We may well get out of jail if the league is suspended and we don't get relegated, but how can you know the financial implications of one or more seasons in the championship ?

It's quite clear what the state of the club is currently -

financially pretty robust (based on last known accounts).

football wise : an absolute car crash with a squad that is still way short of expectations and what is required to compete.

a new stand,  still not finished

You're asking punters how they can know the implications of 1 or 2 seasons in the Championship as though it's some kind of mystery. It'll be the same for any club anywhere that gets relegated unless the fans stay 100% loyal  - which seems very unlikely after the last 5 years of wasted time & money.

ST prices the same ? You think the club would maintain it's current level of ST sales ?

You think income wouldn't be affected ?

How do you think the club is going to improve the squad with very likely reduced income ?

Hospitality ? You think club can maintain current levels with no games against Hibs & OF ? 

annushorribilis III
28 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

She’s received a very good return interest wise on her £2.5m outlay. And will also walk away with a 15% stake in Hearts. 

It actually makes no odds if we want her to stay or go as she’ll need to stay on to guarantee the enormous panicked wage bill we’ve taken on. 

Amazing how this all gets forgotten. 

glynnlondon
44 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

The amount of slack folk on here are willing to cut her is astounding. We are getting relegated with the fourth biggest budget in the league and one that is multiple x that of the likes of; Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County, etc. all in the final year of the supposed "5 year plan".

It is a complete car crash situation bordering on the unthinkable and all could have been avoided if she wasn't so stubborn and ill informed. Folk on here having a go at Ron Gordon. Hibs aren't going down this season, we are.

Honestly how low do we need to go before people stop with this "Queen Ann" pish? She's been paid back in full with interest and pissed away a tonne of money and a great opportunity to build for no other reason than her being completely clueless.

They'll still be kissing her arse when we're floundering around the championship the pricks.

More Budge fans than Hearts supporters imo.

ford donald
On 15/02/2020 at 17:27, kila said:

Budge is culpable for keeping Levein on beyond the summer and creating this mess.

But Stendel is in charge now, we've no choice but to back him and the team if we want to avoid relegation.

Starting protests over Budge before the season ends will only distract the team and make things worse.

When your bottom of the league,how does it get worse?

ford donald
On 15/02/2020 at 17:33, Barack said:

:rofl::rofl:

Clevid Dikamona admits Hearts were "not ready" for the relegation battle with St Mirren on Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

FFS its folk like these guys👆 that explains why Hears are where we are.

No it’s comments like yours, which makes loyal supporters despair.

Edited by Prof

28 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Budge made Stendel operate on a one-in-one-out basis. He had to get rid of Levein's dross to the likes of; Arbroath, Raith Rovers and Fleetwood Town before he could bring anyone in.

The transfer fee for Boyce would have been covered by the fee we got for Mulraney, which is miraculous in itself that someone paid money for that diddy.

so operating within a financially viable model. a sensible approach

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Was she operating a financially viable model when she allowed Levein to blow the wage budget on shite players on long contracts that will see us back in the championship?

It would be a stretch to say that anything about how the team has been managed in the last few years has been "sensible". 

19 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Was she operating a financially viable model when she allowed Levein to blow the wage budget on shite players on long contracts that will see us back in the championship?

It would be a stretch to say that anything about how the team has been managed in the last few years has been "sensible". 

I don’t remember you posting your concerns back when Levein was in charge?

This wouldn't happen to be another “win an argument using hindsight” situation again is it?

Edited by Vlad Magic
Spelling

20 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

so now she's gone above and beyond sensible by providing extra funds. 

a club with someone loosening the purse strings to back a manager when deemed required.

think most clubs would welcome that.

our current predicament is down to the players, managers and coaches.  

47 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

They'll still be kissing her arse when we're floundering around the championship the pricks.

More Budge fans than Hearts supporters imo.

Just answer this one question.where do you think we would be without Budge? 
nothing else. Just that one question. 

55 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

It's quite clear what the state of the club is currently -

financially pretty robust (based on last known accounts).

football wise : an absolute car crash with a squad that is still way short of expectations and what is required to compete.

a new stand,  still not finished

You're asking punters how they can know the implications of 1 or 2 seasons in the Championship as though it's some kind of mystery. It'll be the same for any club anywhere that gets relegated unless the fans stay 100% loyal  - which seems very unlikely after the last 5 years of wasted time & money.

ST prices the same ? You think the club would maintain it's current level of ST sales ?

You think income wouldn't be affected ?

How do you think the club is going to improve the squad with very likely reduced income ?

Hospitality ? You think club can maintain current levels with no games against Hibs & OF ? 

Last known accounts as you know are no indication to the next set. I was asking the questions to someone who appears to think that Ann Budge should be devoid of criticism because she fronted up £2.5m 6 years ago. My original question was, when does Ann Budge start getting held accountable for the mess she has got us in.

glynnlondon
8 minutes ago, Sid said:

Just answer this one question.where do you think we would be without Budge? 
nothing else. Just that one question. 

She's had plenty of thanks for fronting up the money after guarantees from FOH on repayment.

She is patently unfit as a CEO

You might as well bring up Romanov and cala/ murrayfield.

20 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

She's had plenty of thanks for fronting up the money after guarantees from FOH on repayment.

Yeah but where would we be? Simple question.  

annushorribilis III
30 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Last known accounts as you know are no indication to the next set. I was asking the questions to someone who appears to think that Ann Budge should be devoid of criticism because she fronted up £2.5m 6 years ago. My original question was, when does Ann Budge start getting held accountable for the mess she has got us in.

Fair play. 

5 minutes ago, Sid said:

Probably in a better position than bottom of the league. 

Ann Budge saved Hearts, then subsequently went on to ruin Hearts. 

For what she did for our club, we will be eternally grateful but the failure to meet any expectations on the field in the last 4-5 seasons, the massively over budget, architectural abomination of a stand, money pissed out the door, a failure of management, means it is time up. She must go. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

deleted.

Edited by annushorribilis III

annushorribilis III
21 minutes ago, Sid said:

Not bottom of the league ? 

15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Probably in a better position than bottom of the league. 

Yeah. Second bottom of Maybury. 

liquidation was the ONLY alternative. 

annushorribilis III
24 minutes ago, Sid said:

We're not talking about where we "would be" , we're talking about where we are now : bottom of the league and the reasons why we are bottom of the league.  

Now you start talking about the Maybury league ?

so I guess the question is - what do we want the next CEO to do?

stump up the same capital AND somehow appoint a manager who can guarantee success? for those of us on here who hire staff, am sure we'd all agree we follow a process to give you the best choice from the best candidates - but there is still a chance you hire a poor employee - no guarantees in life.

just as stendel cannot kick the ball on the park, Budge cannot influence how her head coach manages the team day by day. she has given levein and stendel the resources for the job. Its up to them and the resources to step up to the playte.

granted she can hire and fire and agree her one failing was sticking with Levein too long. 

48 minutes ago, Sid said:

In another five years would you be refusing to question her actions based on what she did 10 years ago. We are all grateful for what she did but questions have to be asked. Why did she rely solely on Levein for so long? Why did she only trust, or decide to award jobs to her relatives? Even Italians would raise an eyebrow at that one...

26 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

We're not talking about where we "would be" , we're talking about where we are now : bottom of the league and the reasons why we are bottom of the league.  

Now you start talking about the Maybury league ?

We are talking about Ann Budge and people’s view on whether she has been positive or not (and some pretty strong and personal abuse directed towards her). 
To decide if she has been positive or not, you need to compare against her not coming in. 
This is my take on what would have happened. (Feel free to correct me). 
No successful bidder received by Administrators. They are forced to sell all assets to repay what they can to the creditors. Stadium goes, any players of value sold, contracts cut and all staff redundant. 
Please explain how “The Hearts” would have been in the Scottish League, let alone, above second bottom In the Premier League. 

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

In another five years would you be refusing to question her actions based on what she did 10 years ago. We are all grateful for what she did but questions have to be asked. Why did she rely solely on Levein for so long? Why did she only trust, or decide to award jobs to her relatives? Even Italians would raise an eyebrow at that one...

Ok. Could you answer where you think we would be. Then we can move on from that point and ignore it or reduce its benefit when compared against subsequent actions. 
On Levein, I think no-one questioned the appointment of him to take on the footballing side - at Director level - as she admitted her knowledge was lacking. From there, it all went downhill. Part of the problem was she was hard at work doing a lot of stuff - building club infrastructure, recruiting, new stand, academy infrastructure and left Levein on footballing side. She admits, with hindsight, it was wrong to allow one person to expand their role without strengthening the Board competence to oversee it. I believe that is the biggest failing. From there, Levein appeared to be very convincing in excuses for under-performance (injuries, lack of depth, no top players). I think Ann didn’t ignore this. She created funds to broaden the squad, got marquee players in - Berra, Naismith, Lafferty etc. Allowed squad to get bigger. 
she tried Cathro and got rid of him. 
people saying she ignored the footballing side are wrong. 
Second big issue was how long she kept Levein in place. I think she was fooled by his excuses. Last Summer, allowed more signings etc.  Levein saying all will be well when they get bedded in and injuries come back. 
wrong but to an extent understandable. 
I don’t know enough about the Stand building contracts. The value that was gained from her relatives contracts and whether or not they were inflated, so can’t really comment. If you pretty much own a business, would you not consider allowing friends or relatives to do work for you for their benefit (subject to point above)? 
I agree, if most decisions going forward are detrimental to the club, the initial value of saving the club reduces. However, do you blame Ann for, suspending completion of stand to redirect funds to first team squad, removing Levein, appointing Stendel, allowing signing of top Premier League goal scorer from couple of years ago and funds for other players (subject to removal of others)? 
These are her Recent actions and are all “football decision” focussed. Some people only see the Levein issue. 

1 hour ago, glynnlondon said:

Can you remind me what guarantees there were. As far as I’m aware, I can stop my contribution when I want. 

3 minutes ago, Sid said:

Ok. Could you answer where you think we would be. Then we can move on from that point and ignore it or reduce its benefit when compared against subsequent actions. 
On Levein, I think no-one questioned the appointment of him to take on the footballing side - at Director level - as she admitted her knowledge was lacking. From there, it all went downhill. Part of the problem was she was hard at work doing a lot of stuff - building club infrastructure, recruiting, new stand, academy infrastructure and left Levein on footballing side. She admits, with hindsight, it was wrong to allow one person to expand their role without strengthening the Board competence to oversee it. I believe that is the biggest failing. From there, Levein appeared to be very convincing in excuses for under-performance (injuries, lack of depth, no top players). I think Ann didn’t ignore this. She created funds to broaden the squad, got marquee players in - Berra, Naismith, Lafferty etc. Allowed squad to get bigger. 
she tried Cathro and got rid of him. 
people saying she ignored the footballing side are wrong. 
Second big issue was how long she kept Levein in place. I think she was fooled by his excuses. Last Summer, allowed more signings etc.  Levein saying all will be well when they get bedded in and injuries come back. 
wrong but to an extent understandable. 
I don’t know enough about the Stand building contracts. The value that was gained from her relatives contracts and whether or not they were inflated, so can’t really comment. If you pretty much own a business, would you not consider allowing friends or relatives to do work for you for their benefit (subject to point above)? 
I agree, if most decisions going forward are detrimental to the club, the initial value of saving the club reduces. However, do you blame Ann for, suspending completion of stand to redirect funds to first team squad, removing Levein, appointing Stendel, allowing signing of top Premier League goal scorer from couple of years ago and funds for other players (subject to removal of others)? 
These are her Recent actions and are all “football decision” focussed. Some people only see the Levein issue. 

You've listed a lot there. The question really becomes: On balance have her decisions been good or bad? On business side if you ignore the overruns and whiff of nepotism they've generally been good. On football side they've been more bad than good...

annushorribilis III
37 minutes ago, Sid said:

We are talking about Ann Budge and people’s view on whether she has been positive or not (and some pretty strong and personal abuse directed towards her). 
To decide if she has been positive or not, you need to compare against her not coming in. 
This is my take on what would have happened. (Feel free to correct me). 
No successful bidder received by Administrators. They are forced to sell all assets to repay what they can to the creditors. Stadium goes, any players of value sold, contracts cut and all staff redundant. 
Please explain how “The Hearts” would have been in the Scottish League, let alone, above second bottom In the Premier League. 

To decide if she has been positive or not - judge her on her own actions and known facts.

Control of finances ? Stand : massive overspend, dumped on FoH

"Football dept" review - nothing done in close season after a shambolic on field display lasting the best part of 6 months  - after publicly criticising CL for his lack of organisation.

The recruitment of a new manager/coach/whatever post Cathro - how did that go again ? 

What would have happened had she not taken control is irrelevant and off topic. You're off down a rabbit hole of your on making. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, jambali said:

It's the most important part of the business, yes, but not the only part. The other parts support it.

Without a football team, the stand, etc will be demolished.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
43 minutes ago, Sid said:

Can you remind me what guarantees there were. As far as I’m aware, I can stop my contribution when I want. 

Fortunately, not many fans cancelled their donations. Meaning Budge made a tidy profit.

ford donald
1 hour ago, Barack said:

What's that got to do with the post I quoted?

Dikamona organising a Budge Out protest, is he?

:lol:

Probably.

Famous 1874

Ann Budge:

Is a Hibs fan
Bought Hearts as an easy money maker

Did not save Hearts, the fans did 
Gave her brother a 6 million+ contract for the new stand 

Gave her nephew a job running the 1874 bar

Overspent massively on the new stand and for the price is fairly average imo 

Various embarrassing club statements including the ‘genuine fans’ comments

Allowed Craig Levein to be on the board of directors, DOF and manager at the same time

Claimed Levein was doing a very good job when we were on a downwards spiral, fans wanted him out and we were shite

Failed to sack Levein after getting beat 5-0 at Livi and actually gave him the ability to leave when he wants as ‘he knows best’

Has still not sacked Levein, MacPhee, Fox and Murray. Paying them to do **** all. 

Divided the fan base 

Failed to speak out against old firm supporters (numerous opportunities to)

The list could go on and on.

Budge out. 

50 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ann Budge:

Is a Hibs fan

Allowed Craig Levein to be on the board of directors, DOF and manager at the same time

Claimed Levein was doing a very good job when we were on a downwards spiral, fans wanted him out and we were shite

Failed to sack Levein after getting beat 5-0 at Livi and actually gave him the ability to leave when he wants as ‘he knows best’

Has still not sacked Levein, MacPhee, Fox and Murray. Paying them to do **** all. 

Divided the fan base 

Budge out. 

Well said....and how true.

53 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ann Budge:

Is a Hibs fan

Divided the fan base 

Budge out. 

I love kickback :)

54 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ann Budge:

Is a Hibs fan

Divided the fan base 

Budge out. 

Cant argue on most of the content, but the Hibs Fan is over the top.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ann Budge:

Is a Hibs fan

Divided the fan base 

Budge out. 

Here ,here 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

7 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

I don’t remember you posting your concerns back when Levein was in charge?

This wouldn't happen to be another “win an argument using hindsight” situation again is it?

Lots of people voiced concern when Levein was in charge. Unlike yourself who defended him to the hilt no matter Livingston 5-0 and other shocking results he presided over. See you’re continuing the defence

5 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Lots of people voiced concern when Levein was in charge. Unlike yourself who defended him to the hilt no matter Livingston 5-0 and other shocking results he presided over. See you’re continuing the defence

Crucially though you did not.

So you are using hindsight to win an argument.

Anyone can do this and it’s real easy.

I have never defended Levein. You merely think I have because you lack grey matter. Like a lot on here so don’t feel embarrassed.

You probably think I am still defending him. Which I am not but you do because of said lack of grey matter 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Crucially though you did not.

So you are using hindsight to win an argument.

Anyone can do this and it’s real easy.

I have never defended Levein. You merely think I have because you lack grey matter. Like a lot on here so don’t feel embarrassed.

You probably think I am still defending him. Which I am not but you do because of said lack of grey matter 👍

I would like to point out that I was calling Levein a ***** for at least 18 months before he got “sacked”

5 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Without a football team, the stand, etc will be demolished.

but, but,but it's got a restaurant with a view of the castle and is the envy of all?

On 15/02/2020 at 17:52, Space Pirate said:

She's had a mare with the football department to be fair. 

If we go down it will be a complete embarrassment for her and everyone involved. 

I hate to think how much money we've pished away.

Wonder how much was spent recently sending club ambassador and  mcphee to America we don't even have any American players on the books 

11 hours ago, The Fonz said:

The amount of slack folk on here are willing to cut her is astounding. We are getting relegated with the fourth biggest budget in the league and one that is multiple x that of the likes of; Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County, etc. all in the final year of the supposed "5 year plan".

It is a complete car crash situation bordering on the unthinkable and all could have been avoided if she wasn't so stubborn and ill informed. Folk on here having a go at Ron Gordon. Hibs aren't going down this season, we are.

Honestly how low do we need to go before people stop with this "Queen Ann" pish? She's been paid back in full with interest and pissed away a tonne of money and a great opportunity to build for no other reason than her being completely clueless.

Anyone else who would allow the new stand to run 11million over budget would get sacked.

I'd also bet she wouldn't have allowed it to happen if it had been her own money.

6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ann Budge:

Is a Hibs fan

Divided the fan base 

Budge out. 

Whatever happened to @the big show? He would have liked this post.

Suso Santana
26 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Wonder how much was spent recently sending club ambassador and  mcphee to America we don't even have any American players on the books 

She refuses to admit that MacPhee and Levein have been failures and it makes me sick. 

7 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

To decide if she has been positive or not - judge her on her own actions and known facts.

Control of finances ? Stand : massive overspend, dumped on FoH

"Football dept" review - nothing done in close season after a shambolic on field display lasting the best part of 6 months  - after publicly criticising CL for his lack of organisation.

The recruitment of a new manager/coach/whatever post Cathro - how did that go again ? 

What would have happened had she not taken control is irrelevant and off topic. You're off down a rabbit hole of your on making. 

Just run me through the known facts of the tidy profit she has made?  
Good starting point would be :

How much has she invested personally or through donations she has secured through “anonymous benefactors“.
How much has she been paid out? Could even chuck on another £1m for the conspiracy theorists who believe she funnelled money through her relatives. 
a measure of success, whether you like it or not, is value of business when leaving V value of business when arrived. 
but feel happy to exclude all of that and solely focus on poor performance on he park (which is ultimately the most important aspect but needs the foundations around it.