• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• OldGorgie

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think she needs to move away from operational control at the club. I could see her dealing with and trying to find new benefactors as a chair person. The culture she has created at the club has to change. 

She is now becoming Rod Petrie. He found it very difficult to release any control at Hibs but eventually had to employ a CEO in Dempster as he was failing so badly. Ann needs to either remain as Chairman and appoint a CEO or she needs to leave. The problem is she won't be able to keep her hands off the tiller and I suspect it will be difficult for any proper CEO to work for her as Chairman.

She is in danger of once again dithering in a crucial decision for the club. Took too long to bin Levein and now in danger of taking too long to remove herself and appoint a capable football CEO. 

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Sorry mate means ****all to me that

Defcon 1 is a military term.

Basically means nuclear war and the end of the world is nigh.

This is where you are at 👍🏻

18 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Serious question. If you'd had a crystal ball 6 years ago, would you have said let's not bother with Ann Budge, let's just let the club go under?

No of course not, like I said I am extremely grateful for her work.

however as I said what she done 6 years ago is in the past. What she has been in charge and oversaw for since October 2018 is enough for me to let her go. The football department is a shambles and she has a massive piece of responsibility for that

Calebs Grandad

Personally I’d like to see her step aside but what then? Who takes her place?  Do any others appointed by her outwith the playing staff and coaches also leave?  We are not in the best position at present and my worry would be who decides on a replacement as there is no guarantee of success.

30 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

If we go down(which looks pretty much certain) has done as much damage to the club as Romanov. 

Not really. Romanov got us relegated and put into administration. Ann might get us relegated which is not nearly as bad imo. 

Just now, eyesandears said:

She is now becoming Rod Petrie. He found it very difficult to release any control at Hibs but eventually had to employ a CEO in Dempster as he was failing so badly. Ann needs to either remain as Chairman and appoint a CEO or she needs to leave. The problem is she won't be able to keep her hands off the tiller and I suspect it will be difficult for any proper CEO to work for her as Chairman.

She is in danger of once again dithering in a crucial decision for the club. Took too long to bin Levein and now in danger of taking too long to remove herself and appoint a capable football CEO. 

Agreed. If we go down we will need to make some pretty savage cuts, starting with the money we are putting into women’s football. We can’t afford it .

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Not really. Romanov got us relegated and put into administration. Ann might get us relegated which is not nearly as bad imo. 

I agree. We still have a club and can turn this around. Romanov almost killed our club.

5 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I don't care about balance sheets, I care about watching a successful team.

which needs a healthy balance sheet we can't ever go back into debt 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Disagree from the position we’ve been in. The amount of money wasted imo is ridiculous. 

Romanov came in and we were already in a mess, won two Scottish cups. 

Budge has seriously mismanaged the club, all very well doing good things off the park but the only thing that matters is on the park and that has been nothing short of shambolic. 

To get relegated with the 4th biggest budget and turnover of players is just as bad. 

Edited by HMFC86

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I explained why, he's given up. 

Anyone coming out with this nonsense will be there next Friday.

See you there !

1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

Disagree from the position we’ve been in. The amount of money wasted imo is ridiculous. 

Budge has seriously mismanaged the club, all very well doing good things off the park but the only thing that matters is on the park and that has been nothing short of shambolic. 

It’s not just Budge all of the Directors share some responsibility.

20 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No you have stated on this thread and many others that Hearts fans are to blamefoer 4 years of decline for demanding better from the club.

Your attitude is crazy,2 people are to blame for this mess.We have funded this club,above and beyond all other clubs supporters contributions.

Stop it your causing us to be relegated. Not allowed an opinion. Very much the way of the club at the moment, give us your money but don’t dare criticise. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

To get relegated with the 4th biggest budget and turnover of players is just as bad. 

Not as bad as administration. 

Funny I thought our managers this season were Levein, McPhee and very recently Stendel. Didn’t realise Ann Budge was also managing and coaching the team. 

Guest ToqueJambo

We're in a relegation dogfight FFS. Who cares who's running the club. It won't make a blind bit of difference until we know where we are next year. Although, I hope Budge stays either way. There's not exactly a huge pool of football club CEOs and owners just hanging around waiting for us to call them.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Not as bad as administration. 

Respect your opinion just disagree. Administration resulted in relegation, the same position we are looking very likely to find ourselves in 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

It’s not just Budge all of the Directors share some responsibility.

Two of the directors are FoH directors whose role is likely to become more important once the share transfer happens. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It woukdn’t be a huge surprise to be fair. 

Hopefully she appoints a decent sporting director before she bow's out, but i not sure i trust her to get that appointment right either. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

We're in a relegation dogfight FFS. Who cares who's running the club. It won't make a blind bit of difference until we know where we are next year. Although, I hope Budge stays either way. There's not exactly a huge pool of football club CEOs and owners just hanging around waiting for us to call them.

Sensible post but the hard of thinking posters will struggle with concepts such as loyalty, fairness and reality.

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Funny I thought our managers this season were Levein, McPhee and very recently Stendel. Didn’t realise Ann Budge was also managing and coaching the team. 

Come on you must know that the person in charge of the club is equally as culpable 

Just now, HMFC86 said:

Respect your opinion just disagree. Administration resulted in relegation, the same position we are looking very likely to find ourselves in 

We’ll just have to disagree as you say. 

cardboardcutout

AB will be judged on decisions which were hers to make such as DS and subsequently the teams success or not. Sadly for her this debacle will overshadow the fantastic job she’s done in many other ways for the club. If you remember nobody was concerned with the clubs finances and back office stuff when Romanov was in charge cos we had a great team under burley. 

GorgieRules22
14 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Defcon 1 is a military term.

Basically means nuclear war and the end of the world is nigh.

This is where you are at 👍🏻

I just accept we’re we are right now and that it’s heading for certain relegation, of that I have no doubt as today proved that.

2 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

AB will be judged on decisions which were hers to make such as DS and subsequently the teams success or not. Sadly for her this debacle will overshadow the fantastic job she’s done in many other ways for the club. If you remember nobody was concerned with the clubs finances and back office stuff when Romanov was in charge cos we had a great team under burley. 

Correct. I can’t see how she can, or should, stay on if we do get relegated. 

Just now, HMFC86 said:

Come on you must know that the person in charge of the club is equally as culpable 

If I was mentally deranged I might agree. But I admire someone who was prepared to put a large part of their hard earned cash into saving the club from bankruptcy. Would be interesting to hear Ann Budge asked if she still thinks it was worthwhile, given the large number of ungrateful *******s that think she has made a hash of her job. Not that I’m including you in that category 😀

4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

If I was mentally deranged I might agree. But I admire someone who was prepared to put a large part of their hard earned cash into saving the club from bankruptcy. Would be interesting to hear Ann Budge asked if she still thinks it was worthwhile, given the large number of ungrateful *******s that think she has made a hash of her job. Not that I’m including you in that category 😀

the vast majority of ungrateful asterisks and undercover vermin. All the rest are fruit loop trollers. 

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I’m incredibly grateful for what she done to save the club but that doesn’t mean she is immune to criticism. 

Do you think she has done a good job over the last two years? 

Not sure calling folk/fellow Hearts fans mentally deranged is a great thing to do though!

Not sure calling folk/fellow Hearts fans mentally deranged is a great thing to do though!

Have you read some of the posts ?.

2 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Do you think she has done a good job over the last two years? 

Yes. People need to separate the football side of the club from its business operations. If it was up to many supporters and posters on JKB, the managers office would have an ejector seat and a revolving door.

_maroonplatoon

Noticed we (JKB) were sponsoring something today as I saw the logo flash up on the LED screens.

Budge has to go, the worst Hearts squad in my lifetime - and we're spending £9million a year for it.

Both her and Levein have blood on their hands, and should never be allowed to step foot in Gorgie again.

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Have you read some of the posts ?.

Yes. People need to separate the football side of the club from its business operations. If it was up to many supporters and posters on JKB, the managers office would have an ejector seat and a revolving door.

Surely the key part of a football club is the football side? 

I certainly don’t do knee jerk reactions but we are in serious serious trouble with no sign of being capable of getting out of it. 

yes she had done some good things on the business side but the part that makes us a football club, has been badly badly mismanaged. If she was running a hospitality company then great. But that’s surely second in importance to the football side?

1 minute ago, _maroonplatoon said:

Noticed we (JKB) were sponsoring something today as I saw the logo flash up on the LED screens.

Budge has to go, the worst Hearts squad in my lifetime - and we're spending £9million a year for it.

Both her and Levein have blood on their hands, and should never be allowed to step foot in Gorgie again.

The Captain’s table.

Blood on their hands?? 🤔

Just now, _maroonplatoon said:

Table in the Gorgie today.
They should be in a good state of inebriation if they have been using the facilities properly.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'll give it 50 seconds before the JK team are sweeping this under the carpet.

Gross mismanagement of HMFC.

Time to go Ann.Tata

🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐🖐

And to think some had the nerve of accusing ME of being Coonster?

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Table in the Gorgie today.
They should be in a good state of inebriation if they have been using the facilities properly.

Disappointed if they are not. 

33 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Bolt ya daft sap

As long as it's always your viewpoint eh........change the record......move into the modern day........try talking and also listening to the thoughts and opinions of others instead of always shouting the odds. We can all learn a lot by listening to the opinions of others....at least in an adult world

Just now, davemclaren said:

Correct. I could have done with some inebriation at the end of the match. 

I’m already on the way now, Dave.

Pre-match pints an absolute necessity on Friday.

Personally I don't see why AB is getting a hard time here.  She sacked CL eventually.    Fans wanted Dan Stendel . . . we got Dan Stendel.  Stendel wanted his own staff . . . he got his own staff.  Dan wanted his own players . . . he got his own players!

Yes, today's result was disappointing and we are pissed off, but it's not AB that gave Hamilton the first goal, a goal that in 50 years of watching Hearts, must have been the most blatant offside goal I have ever seen.  This was followed by in my view, a rather soft penalty. 

Give the wummin a break will ye! 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, gedster said:

As long as it's always your viewpoint eh........change the record......move into the modern day........try talking and also listening to the thoughts and opinions of others instead of always shouting the odds. We can all learn a lot by listening to the opinions of others....at least in an adult world

Adult world has no room for cowards