***Official Falkirk v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

23 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's now the most pointless game of the season. Hopefully no first team players are risked in this hindrance of a fixture.

Why is it?

IMO the Scottish Cup is always a good thing. We could win that. Seems to be a different pressure at cup games.

I for one am looking forward to this.

Mon the Hearts.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suso Santana

• Cruyff

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think White is unlikely to play a third game in a week and, as I said on another thread, think Naismith needs to be rested for either this or the Celtic game.

34 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's now the most pointless game of the season. Hopefully no first team players are risked in this hindrance of a fixture.

While I wouldn't have been so dramatic I kind of get where you are coming from.  I would rather we had a league fixture this weekend.  Having said that if we had won on Wednesday everyone would have been  bouncing for this game.  The result on wednesday was so so depressing.  

They are used to winning. They will be fancying their chances bigtime, maybe more than they normally would. The Killie managers interview on Wednesday night says it all for me. Until we change the defensive system we will lose goals. If they were to beat us it wouldn't be unexpected. Time for changing systems before it's too late. I'd actually take a draw, wouldn't be happy with it but at least it would give us a chance in the replay if nothing else.

MR INCREDIBLE
47 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Is that the first team players that have got us rock bottom of the league. 

20 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think White is unlikely to play a third game in a week and, as I said on another thread, think Naismith needs to be rested for either this or the Celtic game.

Though it’s highly unlikely we’ll get anything from the mhanks, we simply can’t give up on any league points. Naismith misses Saturday I’d think. 

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I agree and disagree at the same time. I get that in the sense that we need to concentrate on our league position, however, if there's any chance of getting to a Final again then the income would be very useful during the summer. It's also a chance to jump ahead of the others and grab a euro spot so again, extra income. Every pound helps get the players in that the manager wants. I'm a bit on the fence with this one. Good for cash, yes, not so good maybe for finishing league position. That said, a confidence-boosting result might help like it did after Airdrie when getting a result against Rangers2012. I can't decide.

alwaysthereinspirit
36 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why is it?

IMO the Scottish Cup is always a good thing. We could win that. Seems to be a different pressure at cup games.

I for one am looking forward to this.

Mon the Hearts.

This. We dont win enough cups to be not interested when we're still in them. 

The league cup blase attitude by some of our fans always does my head in.

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

would like to see Cochrane given a game for this one

Has he done anything recently to be even considered?

Just asking because I honestly have no idea.

There's plenty players to choose from even if resting the likes of Naismith. Zlamal needs to come back in for a start. There are enough players needing game-time who've either just arrived or came back from injury. Walker, Avdijaj, Langer, Smith, Dikamona, Garuccio, Washington, Ikpeazu, Sibbick and others, maybe even a place on the bench for McDonald/Cochrane. Added to others already in the team then they should all be good enough to beat a League 1 team, home or away. Worst case scenario, a draw to get them back to Tynecastle.

Even just throwing a team together you could use

............…...…….Zlamal,

Smith, Souttar, Dikamona, Garruccio

……...………...Halkett

……….Clare, Sibbick, Avdijaj

...………...Boyce, Walker

Plenty options for the bench to change things if needed.

Edited by jambonian

17 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Has he done anything recently to be even considered?

Just asking because I honestly have no idea.

Not sure either but if he going to make it with us, he needs to be playing in these sorts of games

Just now, upgotheheads said:

What's the situation with Jamie Brandon just now, is he injured or just out of the picture altogether?

Good point. Actually thought he was getting better after a long lay-off and then dodgy spell in the team. Didn't help that Levein was playing square-peg-round-hole yet again by playing him at leftback. He played his best football under Cathro, perfect back-up to Michael Smith, then his long-term injury. Came back into the team, looked well off the pace but seemed to improve again. Never been heard of for a while.

The more competitive games we have, the better. New players, players back from injury, players playing in different positions, entirely new system for nearly all. Any opportunity to iron out the flaws and get the team performing. The fact we lose, we don’t drop further back in the League but it’s competitive is even better. 
“resting” players is a fine balance when we are trying to get a settled first 11. Could easily play 11 different starters but would that help building  understanding?  
Would opt for keeping going with strongest start lineup and try out 3 subs in second half (injuries excepting). 

Jesus Christ this thread is some reading.  

We've lost 1 in 6.  None of our games are easy in the league, we're going to lose more before the end of the season as well.  I know some folk thought beating Rangers would translate into going on an 18 match unbeaten run but if we lose 1 in every 6 from here I'll be happy.

This is a great opportunity to try and tweak the defensive shape a bit and also a game we should be winning to get us in the quarter finals.  I'd like us to change the keeper and also see how we look with Walker and Washington in the support roles.

HillmanHearts

Boyce looked knackered v Killie and Naisy lacked his normal spark.

Maybe a half each for those 2.

I'd play Uche and Washington. Direct pace and power on a shitty night.

Would like to see Smith in front of the back 4.

I'd definitely start Bobby and hope he has a good confidence building game to keep the gloves.

Standing by Joel for the remainder of the season could well be our downfall.

Going to be a horrible night with the wind that is coming. Need to keep the ball on the deck and try play around them.

I'm on call so will be watching it from the comfort of my house, unless i get called out which is extremel likely due to the weather :(

I'd rather we rested players on Wednesday tbh.  The Celtic game is a shot to nothing.  Give big players the week off before our must win against Hamilton.

10 minutes ago, Homme said:

KO time will see gusts of 60-70mph around the Falkirk area.

image.png.af7ef025a89e2c3ed0497f9d9c06c480.png

Yeah I was thinking about that. Chances it'll get cancelled for safety reasons or something?

fabienleclerq

Think it may be time to try three at the back with Smith playing a sweeper roll of sorts then stepping into midfield once we have the ball. 

The two full backs can carry on as they have been Naismith and Boyce up top, Irving, sibbick and one other in midfield. 

43 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Jesus Christ this thread is some reading.  

We've lost 1 in 6.  None of our games are easy in the league, we're going to lose more before the end of the season as well.  I know some folk thought beating Rangers would translate into going on an 18 match unbeaten run but if we lose 1 in every 6 from here I'll be happy.

This is a great opportunity to try and tweak the defensive shape a bit and also a game we should be winning to get us in the quarter finals.  I'd like us to change the keeper and also see how we look with Walker and Washington in the support roles.

Good post

Got a feeling the keeper won’t be dropped but he simply has to be, has to be the strongest team possible from the start. Get the game won, make subs to rest key guys once the job is done. 

Hopefully conditions are not as bad as forecast or it could be a bit of a leveller. 

On 06/02/2020 at 12:02, Famous 1874 said:

If Pereira starts we lose. Teams will be shooting on sight if he plays 

Brother text me to say he does start. Get your money on Sammon FGS tomorrow. I have lost confidence in that clown. FFS  he can't even catch the ball. :rolleyes:

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Brother text me to say he does start. Get your money on Sammon FGS tomorrow. I have lost confidence in that clown. FFS  he can't even catch the ball. :rolleyes:

Brother Stendel ?

Joel

Clare        Dikimona   Soutar      Garuccio

Walker   Smith  Sibbick   Bozanic   Uche

Washington

451 formation.

subs: Naismith, boyce, halkett, Irving, Avdijaj.  Bobby

need 3 mid to close centre better than having 2.  players that have ability to tackle. freshens it up abit as well.

i'd be more happy with formation than the players I've picked.  manager knows better than anyone who's capable and fit to play.

29 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Got a feeling the keeper won’t be dropped but he simply has to be, has to be the strongest team possible from the start. Get the game won, make subs to rest key guys once the job is done. 

Hopefully conditions are not as bad as forecast or it could be a bit of a leveller. 

Despite rumours to the contrary, JP needs time off.  The money that it is costing to play him is nothing compared to the money lost if he keeps flapping. 

Edited by Tasavallan

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Strong winds

Plastic pitch

Pereira  in goals

What could possibly go wrong 🙄

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, liamtaylor_3 said:

Anyone know which pubs Hearts fans will be in before the game?

Falkirk Young Team setting an ambush type post IMO

:ninja:

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Homme said:

My forecast isnt as bad, up to 53mph gusts, but heavy rain expected too!

On 06/02/2020 at 12:36, Mr Elwood P said:

This game is the exact opposite of a must win. Actually might be useful to get knocked out and concentrate on Premiership survival. A cup run just provides opportunity for Naismith or Boyce to get injured, which just now would probably be the death knell ...

Sad but true

47 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

The answer to his question is all of them.

On 06/02/2020 at 12:36, Mr Elwood P said:

This game is the exact opposite of a must win. Actually might be useful to get knocked out and concentrate on Premiership survival. A cup run just provides opportunity for Naismith or Boyce to get injured, which just now would probably be the death knell ...

I said that a while back but got shot down in flames so beware.

pettigrewsstylist
18 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

A defeat to Falkirk would do our confidence the world of good eh 🙄

Injury to Boyce or Naismith could effectively relegate us !

dunciboyjambo

Looking for a ticket folks, posted in the ticket exchange but not sure how much that gets looked at... any spares DM me please. 👍

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

:lol: 

They're probably not that bright, tbh.

29 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

The answer to his question is all of them.

That'll confuse the FYT!!

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

They're probably not that bright, tbh.

That'll confuse the FYT!!

Hopefully Morgan, hope they get pished looking for Fellow Jambos 😄

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Injury to Boyce or Naismith could effectively relegate us !

I'd maybe rest Naismith for the plastic pitch. 

But players can get Injured at any time. 

We need to try and win every game. 

Getting beat of third teir Falkirk would be utter shite. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd maybe rest Naismith for the plastic pitch. 

But players can get Injured at any time. 

We need to try and win every game. 

Getting beat of third teir Falkirk would be utter shite. 

Disagree. Not worth the risk of losing one of the very few goalscorers, only to most likely pumped off an ugly in the semi, at best.