***Official Falkirk v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Portable Badger
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I get context but Premier League England does not translate in any way to Scotland. 

This style is suitable for very good and athletic teams, not those bereft of confidence lacking in experience in midfield.

Its idealistic fantasism. 

Performance against Aberdeen had far more control than anything since,  that is the balance coupled with the spirit that will get us out 

I agree with you 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suso Santana

• Cruyff

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Was really looking forward to this until last night. Now it's just 'meh'. A good result yesterday would've seen us looking to keep a run going, and some excitement of the cup, but now this is just a complete inconvenience to the now only show in town - stopping HMFC from being relegated. 

Yip I feel exactly the same I’m not going through but was looking forward to Watching it in the pub and a few pints with the mates.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Was really looking forward to this until last night. Now it's just 'meh'. A good result yesterday would've seen us looking to keep a run going, and some excitement of the cup, but now this is just a complete inconvenience to the now only show in town - stopping HMFC from being relegated. 

Injuries, guaranteed. Poss a wee red thrown in 😂

Agreed. Could do without tbh.

Then again, winter break doesnt seem to have generated much, other than certain folks playing higher up pitch, and leaving others unable to cope.

Perhaps another opportunity to try out players and shape, without dropping points.

39 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Counts for nothing when you look at who they’ve been playing eh.

we could be in the same league next season. they did manage to beat Arbroath in the last round so that wasn't a bad result

Nelly Terraces
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Injuries, guaranteed. Poss a wee red thrown in 😂

Agreed. Could do without tbh.

Then again, winter break doesnt seem to have generated much, other than certain folks playing higher up pitch, and leaving others unable to cope.

Perhaps another opportunity to try out players and shape, without dropping points.

Nothing would surprise me on the injury or card front fella!:huh:

Agree, might be a chance to give some other players a bit of a run out and try a different formation. Obviously don't want us to lose, as a defeat to a team in the 3rd tier would be a total cringefest, but really in our current predicament this fixture is now pretty pointless.

As someone else said, never thought I'd see the day I'd not care for Hearts winning a cup game and getting a good run at least, if not all the way to a final, but I honestly just don't at this moment which pretty much sums up our situation.

Hope you're good though mate - still keeping the faith after all these years - absolutely top man! :thumbsup:

Was gutted that our group never got tickets for this game us most of us are from Lithgae and hate Falkirk. However , glad we didn't now, if El Gato is in goals I will be watching the game from behind my couch - like a bairn watching Dr Who.

GorgieRules22
32 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

we could be in the same league next season. they did manage to beat Arbroath in the last round so that wasn't a bad result

I think we’ll win comfortably.

46 minutes ago, dancer1874 said:

where's hearts fans going before the game in Falkirk? 

Behind the wall pub is an OK boozer. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Send the kids oot, the league HAS to be our priority right now.

The kids were oot last night 😏

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

A defeat to Falkirk would do our confidence the world of good eh 🙄

Forecast for this game is heavy rain and 50mph gusts

Wonder if it'll get postponed, what's the drainage like on Falkirk council's artificial pitch?

Guest ToqueJambo
11 hours ago, kila said:

Hopefully Smith is back. No news on Hickey yet...

Bobby

Clare       Halkett       Souttar      White

Smith      Sibbick

Washington    Naismith     Henderson

Boyce

Strong team on paper but getting tired of all these new formations. Sometimes a game just calls for a good old 4-4-2!

Bobby

Clare       Halkett       Souttar      Smith/White

Walker   Sibbick/Smith  Irving  Henderson/Meshino/Avidjaj/White

Naismith  Boyce

Boyce and Naismith could be one of the best strike forces in the league. I feel like we need to try them out up front together and build a game plan to give them chances, while still being solid defensively.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, kila said:

Forecast for this game is heavy rain and 50mph gusts

Wonder if it'll get postponed, what's the drainage like on Falkirk council's artificial pitch?

Drainage is fine but by **** the wind will whistle about . 

Glad we've a keeper confident in plucking high balls out the air!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

God knows who we will select for this. I will go for: -

Zlamal - Clare, Halkett, Souttar, White - Smith, Sibbick - Washington, Naismith, Henderson - Boyce

Falkirk 1-3 Heart of Midlothian (Washington, Halkett, Boyce)

I'm feeling better about it now after setbacks in the last couple of games.  I'm convinced we have enough good players.

Will be much happier if both Smith and Sibbick play to strengthen our defence.

Going for a pre-curry couple of pints soon to work on my score prediction.  It will be positive.

I hope Stendel takes the Cup seriously and is able to lift the players for a 90 minute battle.

Looking forward to it.

Ricardo Quaresma
14 hours ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Main thing going forward is that when faced with the tactics seen last night is that we start taking shots from outside the box.

Killie have done the same to us over the last few games we have played them. Sit tight and hit on the break. They are nothing special but do what they do well.

Last night, all too often, it looked like we were trying to walk the ball into the net. They simply packed the box and lapped it up. A bit of variation with  a few shots from range keeps them honest and draws them out of the 18 yard box and can create a bit more space for times when a 1-2 is on. If they remain packed in the middle, a few shots now and again still gives a 50 /50 chance we get a corner and that's were we sometimes get success in front of goal.

:spoton:

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Nothing would surprise me on the injury or card front fella!:huh:

Agree, might be a chance to give some other players a bit of a run out and try a different formation. Obviously don't want us to lose, as a defeat to a team in the 3rd tier would be a total cringefest, but really in our current predicament this fixture is now pretty pointless.

As someone else said, never thought I'd see the day I'd not care for Hearts winning a cup game and getting a good run at least, if not all the way to a final, but I honestly just don't at this moment which pretty much sums up our situation.

Hope you're good though mate - still keeping the faith after all these years - absolutely top man! :thumbsup:

In the blood mate  👍. What else you gonna do on a Saturday.....   

letsalldothebeattie

Surely Pereira is dropped. Theirs just no justification for him remaining in goal

Zlamal

Clare Halkett Souttar Garuccio

Irving Sibbick

Washington Naismith Meshino

Boyce

2-0 Hearts

50 minutes ago, Barack said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-daniel-stendel-looks-changing-formation-stop-leaking-goals-1387247

Looks like Joel stays. Which is good for his confidence in a way. Also good that Stendel's realised, that perhaps reigning in the all out attack, might be conducive to helping clean sheets.

not good for our confidence though if he plays/stays

The Treasurer

Naismith has played every game since the break so I have a feeling he may be rested for this one.

I'd expect him to be on the bench but I'd be surprised if he starts.

On current form this is really two Scottish Championship teams playing each other. Could easily go either way. Let’s just concentrate on not having to play Falkirk in the league next season!

Adam_the_legend
3 hours ago, Barack said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-daniel-stendel-looks-changing-formation-stop-leaking-goals-1387247

Looks like Joel stays. Which is good for his confidence in a way. Also good that Stendel's realised, that perhaps reigning in the all out attack, might be conducive to helping clean sheets.

Suspected as much. If the other 2 cannot get game time after how terrible JP has been we effectively only have 1 usable keeper at the the club and that keeper is pereira. Just let that sink in. 🤯

Really couldn't give a shit about this game tbh . 

Strange one , but it's the way I'm feeling . 

Just want to fast forward to the Hamilton and St Mirren games and see how it pans out .

Wednesday was a kick in the nuts and  a massive worry going forward . Didn't see it coming . 

Edited by ramrod

7 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Is this on coonsul tv?

Aye. BBC Scotland

Edited by OmiyaHearts

3 hours ago, Barack said:

I’m glad he’s realising the tactic he likes will need to wait until we get the players in that can play it . Our starting 10 are good enough to win games , playing to their strengths . 
Now for our keeper , play him and hope he gets through his less than acceptable performances ,a risky gamble . Drop him and take away any confidence he has left , replacing him with either of the other two doesn’t strengthen us in anyway . 
Shocking position to be in 😡😡😡

13 hours ago, Tiger said:

Your kidding, we have experieced player and new players badly needin game time.

Walter Bishop

3-5-2 for me going forward. 

Zamal

Soutter

Smith

Halkett

Clare

Sibbick

Naismith

Irving

Hickey/White

Boyce 

Washington

Subs - Perreira, Walker, Uche, Meshino, White, Bozanic, Langer 

Falkirk will shoot on site with that clown in goals. Hit the target with a meaningful shot and it's in his net. Don't know how we can keep persisting with him. 

Jambof3tornado

So looks like stendel has no faith in bobby or colin doyle, another boot in the baws for Levein.

I hope we can offer more protection to the chosen keeper but he is the last line of defence and I really think his confidence is blown so have little faith in him at all. Windy conditions wont help.

Can see naisy getting a rest, maybe uche washington and walker getting a start. Be nice for donis to get some game time. Sibbick back in too.

Any win will do. **** this focus on league survival pish, we can do both.

6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

3-5-2 for me going forward. 

Zamal

Soutter

Smith

Halkett

Clare

Sibbick

Naismith

Irving

Hickey/White

Boyce 

Washington

Subs - Perreira, Walker, Uche, Meshino, White, Bozanic, Langer 

Like the look of that side!

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Falkirk will shoot on site with that clown in goals. Hit the target with a meaningful shot and it's in his net. Don't know how we can keep persisting with him. 

Coz we have no better. Terrible situation to be in.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

If we stick with Pereira in goals and there is a 50mph wind then it might be worth putting a couple of quid on the Falkirk keeper as first / last goal scorer. 

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Coz we have no better. Terrible situation to be in.

It is a terrible situation but I fail to see how Doyle and Bobby are worse. At least they can make a save, I have never seen JP save anything decent since he's been here.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

It is a terrible situation but I fail to see how Doyle and Bobby are worse. At least they can make a save, I have never seen JP save anything decent since he's been here.

I agree. I'd rather give bobby a chance but its not up to me. 

Stendel made an error in not moving doyle and zlamal on in January and I hope stendel doesnt live to regret it.

Auldreekie1874

If all fit then hopefully something like

Zlamal

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey

Smith Langher

Washington Sibbick Naismith 

Boyce

Comfortable win

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I agree. I'd rather give bobby a chance but its not up to me. 

Stendel made an error in not moving doyle and zlamal on in January and I hope stendel doesnt live to regret it.

:oohmatron:

Zlamal

Halkett.   Smith.     Soutter

Clare.        Sibbick.       Irving.       Hickey

Naismith 

Boyce.    Washington

Uche, Langer, Meshino, Perraira, Henderson 

32 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So looks like stendel has no faith in bobby or colin doyle, another boot in the baws for Levein.

I hope we can offer more protection to the chosen keeper but he is the last line of defence and I really think his confidence is blown so have little faith in him at all. Windy conditions wont help.

Can see naisy getting a rest, maybe uche washington and walker getting a start. Be nice for donis to get some game time. Sibbick back in too.

Any win will do. **** this focus on league survival pish, we can do both.

Yup. No point in throwing out the kids. We need a victory to carry into next week. Septic will be a free hit so need a good win  at Falkirk and in preparation for the lie doon and hammy games. We have to play our full strength side

It's now the most pointless game of the season. Hopefully no first team players are risked in this hindrance of a fixture.

Must be in hat for nx round...

zlamal

clare.  /.  Halkett.  / Souttar.  /.  White

Sibbick. /.    Smith.  /.    Irving 

Denzel.   /.    Boyce.  /.   Naismith 

21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's now the most pointless game of the season. Hopefully no first team players are risked in this hindrance of a fixture.

There’s loads of players who need games who will feature heavily in the managers league plans.