***Official Falkirk v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We can’t win football matches, thus we cannot win the Scottish Cup. Naismith or Boyce could get injured in a cup match; then we really are done for.

They could get injured banging thier missus. 

The sc is the best thing we can realistically win, 100% committed all the time. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suso Santana

• Cruyff

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

I think we’ll win comfortably. Id go with - 

GK - Doyle

SW - Smith

CB - Souttar

CB - Halkett

RWB - Clare

LWB - Hickey

CM - Irving 

CM - Sibbick

CAM - Walker 

ST - Naismith 

ST - Boyce 

Not trying to be smart but why would you play Doyle?  The guy has been out injured for ages and hardly played in months so if we change the Goalkeeper surely it's got to be Bobby.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not trying to be smart but why would you play Doyle?  The guy has been out injured for ages and hardly played in months so if we change the Goalkeeper surely it's got to be Bobby.

I honestly think he’s the most solid out of the three(hardly an endorsement mind). Played for the reserves the other day so should be sharper than Zlamal. 

Edited by HMFC86

1 minute ago, smartinmaroon said:

Intriguing that you recently seemed to have been scathing about English teams apparent ‘disdain’ for the FA cup but you come out with this about the Scottish Cup? 

Personally think a good cup run is fantastic for our club.  It’s not a case of choosing between that and staying up. 

Surely winning in the cup would be good for the team as well as the fans and the club generally.  Being a bit deliberately obtuse? 

Liverpool are in an unassailable position and the top of EPL. Hearts are bottom

of the  Scottish Premiership. Hardly comparable situations? In any ordinary season the Scottish Cup should be one of our main goals. This isn’t an ordinary season and we should be prioritising survival over everything else!

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Realistic?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Realistic?

Given Naismiths hamstring problems,... Not only realistic, probable. 

😂

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Liverpool are in an unassailable position and the top of EPL. Hearts are bottom

of the  Scottish Premiership. Hardly comparable situations? In any ordinary season the Scottish Cup should be one of our main goals. This isn’t an ordinary season and we should be prioritising survival over everything else!

We will be. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Given Naismiths hamstring problems,... Not only realistic, probable. 

😂

I meant about us realistically winning the Scottish Cup. I’m not even sure we will realistically beat Falkirk.

Just now, HMFC86 said:

I honestly think he’s the most solid out of the three. Played for the reserves the other day so should be sharper than Zlamal. 

Not convinced about Doyle or the other two for that matter. Doyle was told he was surplus to requirement so I am not sure he will be all that bothered.

I know they are professionals however will he be giving his all if selected ? Bobby on the other hand could see it as an opportunity to show Stendel he could be the number one choice. He still has over a year left on his contract.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or somebody else's. 😍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I meant about us realistically winning the Scottish Cup. I’m not even sure we will realistically beat Falkirk.

Dunno, we were 30 minutes away from it last year. 

I'd fancy us in a 1 off v Aberdeen, rangers or hibs tbh, and v celtic last year we outplayed them for large parts. 

I wouldn't be shitting myself anyway. 

Cup is what it is. 

We should maybe rest Naismith because of the pitch, but should be going out to win the sc game and every other. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Or somebody else's. 😍

Or each others, who kens? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

I honestly think he’s the most solid out of the three(hardly an endorsement mind). Played for the reserves the other day so should be sharper than Zlamal. 

Me too. 

Bobby just gives everyone the jitters. 

Doyle is more all rounded, just not very good. 

Chance to get a morale boosting win. Hope Smith comes back in and its a chance for either Zlamal or Doyle to get used to the CB pairing in front of them or hopefully 3 CB's in front of them.

Walker and Washington to start. Thought Boyce looked a bit leggy and would probably sit him out of this one.

GorgieRules22
27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not getting relegated is more important than you and your kids having a nice day out in Glasgow. Don’t be so selfish!

Gee it a rest. Do you think going to Falkirk with a full team will relegate us ?

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me too. 

And Pereira doesn't?  The players don't even have a go at him for his pathetic attempts to save the ball they know it's a waste of time.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me too. 

Yeah agree. He’s less erratic if nothing else. The save at Easter road shows he has some ability, albeit Motherwell shows he has definite bombscare  moments.

Zlamal has more chance of the spectacular but for both saves and errors. 

Not a great choice either way but Doyle edges it for me. 

Edited by HMFC86

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Gee it a rest. Do you think going to Falkirk with a full team will relegate us ?

If Naismith rips his hamstring or Boyce does his cruciate it will. Loads of fringe players to give game time to.

Sorry to say it but the cup is secondary. I'd probably give players minutes for fitness. 

Bobby.       

Brandon.   Smith    Dikamona   Garuccio 

Sibbick

Langer.                  Irving

Walker.         Washington           Avdijaj 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Gomis is in their squad as well.

You're just the bringer of joy and happiness aren't you.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And Pereira doesn't?  The players don't even have a go at him for his pathetic attempts to save the ball they know it's a waste of time.

He does 

That's why I said Doyle over the other 2.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:interehjrling:

Nah chance of that, I'd be massaging his hammy's to make sure nothing got pulled... 

Got to be a few changes after last night's performance, I would like to see;

Bobby

Clare Souttar Halkett Garuccio

Smith Irving

Walker  Naismith  Washington

Boyce

Nervy 1-2 but we will get through.

Who knows?  A commanding and impressive performance appears to be out of the question.  I wouldn't have said that after we beat Rangers.

I predict we'll win a scrappy game 2-1 but take zero confidence to parkhead.

4 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Another must-win in a season full of them. Any updates on Smith, Hickey or Sibbick?

After last night my head says 3-2 to us, but a couple of these guys back, a couple moving up from the bench and maybe a change in goals should make us more comfortable.

It's not a must win. 

The league games must take priority with the position we find ourselves.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Who knows?  A commanding and impressive performance appears to be out of the question.  I wouldn't have said that after we beat Rangers.

I predict we'll win a scrappy game 2-1 but take zero confidence to parkhead.

V Rangers he didn't make a save. 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We can’t win football matches, thus we cannot win the Scottish Cup. Naismith or Boyce could get injured in a cup match; then we really are done for.

They could get injured in training, do we abandon that too?

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

DP oo err missus

Edited by Jambof3tornado

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

They could get injured in training, do we abandon that too?

More likely to get injured against League One cloggers ...

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Sorry to say it but the cup is secondary. I'd probably give players minutes for fitness. 

Bobby.       

Brandon.   Smith    Dikamona   Garuccio 

Sibbick

Langer.                  Irving

Walker.         Washington           Avdijaj 

That’s not a bad attempt. Walker as a number 10 maybe?

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s not a bad attempt. Walker as a number 10 maybe?

I'm sure Stendel will play 4-2-3-1 and if that is the case then Walker is probably the natural no. 10 if Naisy is rested.

Having watched us and having watch Liverpool quite a lot, 4-3-3 imo gives us a wee bit more protection with a holding mid.

Like Liverpool, the two wide players in the front 3 would be for me, more inside forwards rather than wingers, with the full backs creating the width. 

Hearts at times have been 4-2-4 and 2-2-6 when the full backs push forward. I like the philosophy but it's a bit too kamikaze. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure Stendel will play 4-2-3-1 and if that is the case then Walker is probably the natural no. 10 if Naisy is rested.

Having watched us and having watch Liverpool quite a lot, 4-3-3 imo gives us a wee bit more protection with a holding mid.

Like Liverpool, the two wide players in the front 3 would be for me, more inside forwards rather than wingers, with the full backs creating the width. 

Hearts at times have been 4-2-4 and 2-2-6 when the full backs push forward. I like the philosophy but it's a bit too kamikaze. 

Fair comment. Stendel said he was playing 1 of 2 systems he wanted to try fairly early on in his tenure. So 4-3-3 most likely If he mixes it up a bit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Never thought I'd see the day where I felt a Scottish Cup match was an inconvenience. 

All about staying in the League now 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

And Klopp evolved the team to this formation.  The previous two season they played more kamikaze like we are - their mantra was "you may score 3 but we'll score 4" as they had the skills & players to do it.  We don't really.

if you read to recent interviews with Robertson & TA-A they state they they only go far forward if they are confident Liverpool are in complete control of the ball/play. If they're not they don't forward.  When they do a midfielder always covers across to prevent the opposition utilising the space.   We need that thinking/discipline/fluidity

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Never thought I'd see the day where I felt a Scottish Cup match was an inconvenience. 

All about staying in the League now 

Why can’t we do both ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Why can’t we do both ?

Have you been watching? We're shit,  I'll be grateful for small mercies 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

And Klopp evolved the team to this formation.  The previous two season they played more kamikaze like we are - their mantra was "you may score 3 but we'll score 4" as they had the skills & players to do it.  We don't really.

if you read to recent interviews with Robertson & TA-A they state they they only go far forward if they are confident Liverpool are in complete control of the ball/play. If they're not they don't forward.  When they do a midfielder always covers across to prevent the opposition utilising the space.   We need that thinking/discipline/fluidity

I get context but Premier League England does not translate in any way to Scotland. 

This style is suitable for very good and athletic teams, not those bereft of confidence lacking in experience in midfield.

Its idealistic fantasism. 

Performance against Aberdeen had far more control than anything since,  that is the balance coupled with the spirit that will get us out 

portobellojambo1

I'll be going along hoping we win, as I do for all HMFC games. However, if I'm brutally honest it is more important that we win the two upcoming league games against Hamilton and St Mirren. Staying in the top division is more important to the club than a long run in the SC. If I thought we could do both, i.e. win these two upcoming league games and have a good SC run then I don't think I'd be posting this.

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Falkirk are on a 13 game unbeaten run

Stone

Clare

Souttar

Halkett

White

Irving

Sibbick

Walker

Naismith

Washington

Boyce

3-0 Hearts

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I get context but Premier League England does not translate in any way to Scotland. 

This style is suitable for very good and athletic teams, not those bereft of confidence lacking in experience in midfield.

Its idealistic fantasism. 

Performance against Aberdeen had far more control than anything since,  that is the balance coupled with the spirit that will get us out 

agreed. Thought the best we have played under Stendel was the Aberdeen game. In total control until Clare got sent off and even afterwards played well.

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

and cup but still unbeaten

Counts for nothing when you look at who they’ve been playing eh.

Nelly Terraces

Was really looking forward to this until last night. Now it's just 'meh'. A good result yesterday would've seen us looking to keep a run going, and some excitement of the cup, but now this is just a complete inconvenience to the now only show in town - stopping HMFC from being relegated.