***Official Falkirk v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It's a cup tie and one we should be winning

We can talk about away tie, artificial surface, pay respect to Falkirk etc etc and look for every excuse under the sun but at the end of the day I expect us to win..perhaps not by much (poss by the odd goal) but win yes

I'd like to think lessons have been taken on board from midweek and perhaps the odd change in the side, a slight adjustment in tactics but we should be bold enough to be confident in our players ability against lower league opposition.

We are capable of scoring goals in the top league so we should be more than capable of scoring tonight

The one factor out of our control may well be the weather and that could impact on what we want to do.

I look forward to it and just sorry I have not got a ticket but pretty sure the pubs will be busy with the rugby on earlier and this match to follow

We play to the best of our ability and Falkirk to the best of theirs and we win..simples really.

Like all cup ties attitude is vital and you'd like to think ours will be spot on with a good support in attendance

👍

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suso Santana

• Cruyff

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

I would make two changes from Wednesday Zlamal for Pereira and Walker for Moore.

Agreed. Be interesting to see if DS sees it similarly 

4 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Agreed. Be interesting to see if DS sees it similarly 

The one thing to say is our manager has to do it his way rather than making panic changes to assuage the fans feelings

He is the man in charge and needs to confident in what he does...I may hold a diff point of view but we want him to be confident and decisive in what he does

He will succeed or otherwise on that basis.

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I would make two changes from Wednesday Zlamal for Pereira and Walker for Moore.

Agree but I'd make one more Washington for henderson 

On 06/02/2020 at 12:17, kila said:

Hopefully Smith is back. No news on Hickey yet...

Bobby

Clare       Halkett       Souttar      White

Smith      Sibbick

Washington    Naismith     Henderson

Boyce

Aye, Henry Smith. 🤣

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree but I'd make one more Washington for henderson 

I wonder if he might replace Naismith with Walker as Naismith has played a few games since his injury and might benefit from a break.

I would be tempted to play Smith at right wingback and move Shaun further forward but no idea what DS is thinking.

Edited by wavydavy

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Relegation would be an absolute disaster.

There are plenty disasters happening around the globe but Hearts playing a season in a lower league is not one of them.

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

There are plenty disasters happening around the globe but Hearts playing a season in a lower league is not one of them.

In football terms it is.  I think thats what Mr EP means and I’m sure you know that too. 

It’s ridiculous the situation we are in now, never mind being in the championship.  

Edited by Debut 4

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

No way?

Seriously?

Guaranteed he has the game of his life.

Gomis too. And Declan McManus who's scored a couple against us in cup ties recently I think? Dunfermline and someone else.

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

No way?

Seriously?

Guaranteed he has the game of his life.

Yes he scored their second to beat Arbroath in the replay although having watched the highlights on TV he looked off offside to me but it was a tap in from about two feet.

7 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Who plays for Falkirk nowadays?

Anyone decent?

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Conor Sammon. 😍

I assume you are answering Lovecraft's 1st Question:thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I wonder if he might replace Naismith with Walker as Naismith has played a few games since his injury and might benefit from a break.

I would be tempted to play Smith at right wingback and move Shaun further forward but no idea what DS is thinking.

That's a good point about Naismith. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's interesting that since stendel came in and stopped Naismith training at home alone he's managed to train everyday and play every game ! Touch wood this continues 

1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

I assume you are answering Lovecraft's 1st Question:thumbsup:

😀

So the answers should be:

Sammon plays for them

And Gomis is still pretty decent.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Who plays for Falkirk nowadays?

Anyone decent?

Conor Sammon and Morgaro Gomis is two I can think of. Possibly Lee Miller although I think he's on the coaching staff now but still registered as a player. Think Cammy Bell is their keeper now as well.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's a good point about Naismith. 

Even if Naismith was on the bench just in case we need him would be a good shout.

Artificial surface on what is going to be a wet and windy night!!!

Just now, jambonian said:

Conor Sammon and Morgaro Gomis is two I can think of. Possibly Lee Miller although I think he's on the coaching staff now but still registered as a player. Think Cammy Bell is their keeper now as well.

Lee Miller is the co manager and is still a registered player but will only play in emergencies.

The other manager is David McCracken they both played together.

Come on hearts let’s beat these Falkirk scum. 

starting 11

pereira

smith

soapy

halkett

white

langer

bozanic

walker

washington

boycie 

naisy 

we need our experience players now till end o season get a good cup run and survive cos Hamilton looking not to bad against newco today 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Robbie mutch keeper  bell away to queens.

If Smith is fit he should be in at right back with Clare further forward. I'd be going

…………....Zlamal

Smith, Souttar, Dikamona, Garuccio

………….……….Halkett

………Irving, ......……...Sibbick

Clare..…………………………...Walker

Washington, Boyce

Naismith, Ikpeazu Bozanic, Henderson benched.

I’ve had team re-think.  I think Uche will start.

Zlamal

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

White

Smith (sweeping in behind Souttar and Halkett when defending and pushing into midfield when attacking).

Naismith (I think he’ll be used deeper so he can influence the game better and keep Irving focused)

Irving

Walker (free role off the strikers)

Uche

Boyce

Subs: Pereira, Garrucio, Bozanic, Meshino, Washington, Henderson, Langer

Would be nice to take off Naismith and Boyce after an hour to keep them fresh for Wed.  Hope we see Langer get some time as well as he’ll have a big part to play alongside Sibbick on Wed I suspect.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

This, all day long.

Would like Washington in team but Henderson was one of our better players on Wednesday

Have hated every single Falkirk fan I’ve ever had the misfortune of meeting.

They’ve all shared the similar trait of wanting to appear relevant by creating, in their tiny minds, a false rivalry with us.

I mind in 2006, their P.A even played Sunshine on Leith over the tannoy in an attempt to wind us up.

If wee man syndrome were a football club, Falkirk FC would be it.

Jumped up scaffs.

AlphonseCapone
On 07/02/2020 at 14:26, Diego10 said:

Jesus Christ this thread is some reading.  

We've lost 1 in 6.  None of our games are easy in the league, we're going to lose more before the end of the season as well.  I know some folk thought beating Rangers would translate into going on an 18 match unbeaten run but if we lose 1 in every 6 from here I'll be happy.

This is a great opportunity to try and tweak the defensive shape a bit and also a game we should be winning to get us in the quarter finals.  I'd like us to change the keeper and also see how we look with Walker and Washington in the support roles.

19 hours ago, Boris said:

I'd play as strong a side as we can. 

It's been mentioned we are getting used to a new style, so why not use another game as an opportunity to get more experience in this new way of playing? 

We don't have that much time to get it clicking!

Some are saying forget the cup, concentrate on the league, so why not use it to get our players up to speed?

Tora, Tora, ****ing Tora!

Agree 100%. 

This season has been depressing as **** and the best we can achieve in the league is not being relegated 😥 A cup run at least gives us something to enjoy. 

11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If Smith is fit he should be in at right back with Clare further forward. I'd be going

…………....Zlamal

………….……….Halkett

Washington, Boyce

Sibbick is still injured as is Hickey. 

Get smith in, replace the keeper, start with walker and the guys from the other night and smash this lot ffs.

keithyboy1975
25 minutes ago, jambonian said:

…………....Zlamal

………….……….Halkett

Washington, Boyce

Are we allowed to start 12 players in the cup now??? 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, keithyboy1975 said:

Are we allowed to start 12 players in the cup now??? 😂😂😂

Just a punctuation typo.

Debut for Washington-Boyce .

46 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Would like Washington in team but Henderson was one of our better players on Wednesday

If you were a Kilmarnock fan.

He gives the ball away cheaply and far too often for my liking.

Hearts are 8/11 to win today...for all those part time supporters that left early the other night stick your money on hearts and you can pay for your next ticket to the game, unless of course you are done with Hearts.

if Hearts don’t win regardless of the team they put out it will be a real upset but the bookies are giving great value so snap it up...4-1

50 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Henderson has some nice touches, but zero end product. Not good enough for Hearts.

8 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Hearts are 8/11 to win today...for all those part time supporters that left early the other night stick your money on hearts and you can pay for your next ticket to the game, unless of course you are done with Hearts.

if Hearts don’t win regardless of the team they put out it will be a real upset but the bookies are giving great value so snap it up...

I left in 67 minutes on Wednesday, as was choked with the cold and wanted to get back to Fife, I am heading through tonight despite shocking weather forecast, I object to being called part time by some random on a message board

All roads lead to Gorgie

Going for two one for us here. No doubt Hearts will put us through the ringer though and a new set of undies will be needed! 😂 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I would have thought the reverse TBH.

Either way - gale force wind, pishing rain and a shit plastic pitch - what could go wrong? 🙈

Scared of a bit wind and rain....

Both teams play that tbh

Scary stuff, wind, rain. 

Mud...... 

Hopefully the players aren't such shite bags, eh? 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Scared of a bit wind and rain....

Both teams play that tbh

Scary stuff, wind, rain. 

Mud...... 

Hopefully the players aren't such shite bags, eh? 

Certainly doesn't help with a slick passing game. And encourages pot shots at a dodgy keeper even more.