Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well this thread is full of these 2 rules.

The same pish posted all the time.

Since the news, every hour of every day for the last 8 months has been the same pish ... a bit of repetition on JKB is hardly surprising and surely understandable.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If you have a look at the Travelling Tabby site ("Local Data"->Breakdown by Council Area->Detailed), you can see the per-capita data at local council level. It shows, for example, that Edinburgh City's figure today is 11 while West Lothian's is 47 - if these figures were sustained over a period then that would be a good argument for more focussed restrictions.

I have no idea how the levels will work out, but the current method of lumping everyone in the central belt into the same band is like trying to carry out a medical operation with a stick.

Perfect cheers for that I will have a look.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

I've broken the rules on more than one occasion. Still kicking though.

:jj:

:lol:

The seethe on this thread is amazing.

Some of the posters are more than likely have a cardiac arrest rather than Covid-19.

This thread is hilarious and sad at the same time. Absolute morons on both sides need to get a life. Think I'll bow out now, enjoy your trolling 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Sturgeon already considering changing the tiers from 0-4 to 1-5.

It will make it clearer she currently has a 2 tier lead over Boris.

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The seethe on this thread is amazing.

Some of the posters are more than likely have a cardiac arrest rather than Covid-19.

I would think all, not just some of us are more likely to have a cardiac arrest rather than Covid-19. By quite some margin too.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I would think all, not just some of us are more likely to have a cardiac arrest rather than Covid-19. By quite some margin too.

Stats show that roughly 1 in 100 folk in Scotland have tested positive for Covid-19. It is unknown how many people get infected but are never diagnosed, but I don't think that the touted figure of 1 in 2 is too much out of the ball park, although I imagine you would think differently. That would mean 1 in 50 have actually been positive in Scotland since March, so that's 2,000 per 100,000 over a period of 7 months.

The figure for coronary heart attacks (https://www.scotpho.org.uk/health-wellbeing-and-disease/coronary-heart-disease/data/scottish-data/) in 2018/19, over the whole year, was 220 per 100,000.

So, it's much more likely to catch Covid than have a heart attack, by quite some margin.

Brighton Jambo
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say it wax a fact. 
That’s your opinion on it being political, you felt that because it is political and why if Scotland was independent we wouldn’t waiting on handouts of our own money. 
But as you as say let’s leave it there. 

Fair enough, I was being a bit pokey anyway to be honest. 

have a good weekend, as far as possible in these times!! 

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So, it's much more likely to catch Covid than have a heart attack, by quite some margin.

You've obviously got more chance of dying from a heart attack than covid 

Edit. If you were unfortunate enough to get both

Edited by Nucky Thompson

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Do any of the levels mention when professional sport would be stopped? I've not read it yet, I will, but just wondered if anyone noticed

Tier 4 apparently 

8 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

This is just mental :lol: wtf is going on man.

They are also police checks at the borders. Wales is effectively cut off from the UK. 

Can't believe the Welsh are putting up with this. Have people really been this brainwashed? 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

That Drakeford is a deranged lunatic.

Folk like him and Sturgeon have got this platform and power that they have never had before.

The sooner this is over and they are back in their boxes, the better

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You've obviously got more chance of dying from a heart attack than covid 

Don't be so sure of that.

https://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Heart-Disease/Publications/2019-01-29/2019-01-29-Heart-Disease-Report.pdf

It all depends on your age and underlying health, of course, but that info shows for example that for those aged 75 and over, 30 day survival after a heart attack was 84.4% in 2017/18.

Anyway, I haven't time to look into the stats any further as I'm away out for my postmeridional perambulation.

All the best, Nucky. :thumb:

8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Is it? I thought looking at it it would be tier , line schools and construction etc. 

it is a worry though that Prem might not get stopped but we do. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6193900/scottish-football-cold-storage-nicola-sturgeon-tier-four/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Folk like him and Sturgeon have got this platform and power that they have never had before.

:rofl:

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Fair enough, I was being a bit pokey anyway to be honest. 

have a good weekend, as far as possible in these times!! 

Hopefully a good start tonight, have a good one. 

48 minutes ago, graygo said:

Seemingly if you are under 60 with no other discombobulations ( or whatever the term is) you are more likely to die from drowning than you are covid.

Stay safe peeps.

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No you can’t unless you are in level 0

students can come home if the household self isolates for two weeks. Stick that up your farter.

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:
40 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Now let me be absolutely clear about this. If the Weegies and Lanarkshire don't get their shit together soon then this will be coming to a supermarket near you too.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

If you have a look at the Travelling Tabby site ("Local Data"->Breakdown by Council Area->Detailed), you can see the per-capita data at local council level. It shows, for example, that Edinburgh City's figure today is 11 while West Lothian's is 47 - if these figures were sustained over a period then that would be a good argument for more focussed restrictions.

I have no idea how the levels will work out, but the current method of lumping everyone in the central belt into the same band is like trying to carry out a medical operation with a stick.

Beat it, grass....

please refrain from either saying or encouraging others to break laws 

FAE8FF2C-C992-4159-9A74-57F547F60F8D.jpeg

Since the guidance for students returning to family homes at Christmas has yet to be published please refrain from quoting non applicable rules.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Now let me be absolutely clear about this. If the Weegies and Lanarkshire don't get their shit together soon then this will be coming to a supermarket near you too.

If my local Tesco starts covering up the duvets I just don't know what I'll do. 

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The virus is incredibly clever and selective.  It will pass itself on from some supermarket aisles not others. It will leave you alone for a couple of hours in a bar or restaurant but if you get up and take five or ten seconds to walk to the door it will pounce on you.  Only if you are not wearing a mask during those 5 to 10 seconds of course.

I am guessing the "science" behind this ban on non-essential sales is that you minimise the number of supermarket visits but I know no-one who goes to a supermarket to buy say baking trays who doesn't at the same time buy food. So the consequence of the measure is that the food aisles will be more crowded while half the aisles remain empty.

Edited by Francis Albert

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, JWL said:

Think someone posted similar earlier. I'm in Tier I'm doing what I want and they can ram their levels and restrictions up their arse.

Fancy heading out to the pub for a skinful and roaring on the Jamtarts tonight? 

please refrain from either saying or encouraging others to break laws 

FAE8FF2C-C992-4159-9A74-57F547F60F8D.jpeg

Not encouraging anyone to do anything, I'm just speaking personally. I have a few days up north booked in a couple of weeks and I'm going to enjoy my few days away, irrespective of how many barriers Sturgeon sticks in my way.

1 minute ago, JWL said:

Not encouraging anyone to do anything, I'm just speaking personally. I have a few days up north booked in a couple of weeks and I'm going to enjoy my few days away, irrespective of how many barriers Sturgeon sticks in my way.

So you are justifying yourself potentially breaking the rules?

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Fancy heading out to the pub for a skinful and roaring on the Jamtarts tonight? 

Too cold to sit outside the pub. I've got half a dozen of the guys coming round shortly so that will have to suffice for tonight.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, the general said:

Any good guesses as to what tier Edinburgh might end up in?

Whatever Glasgow's given or worse. No way will she let Edinburgh look better even though their dodgy figures clearly show it to be so. 

Weakened Offender
6 minutes ago, JWL said:

Too cold to sit outside the pub. I've got half a dozen of the guys coming round shortly so that will have to suffice for tonight.

Bet you haven't too. 😀

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Whatever Glasgow's given or worse. No way will she let Edinburgh look better even though their dodgy figures clearly show it to be so. 

Absolutely, she can't let her support in the west down by showing favouritism to Edinburgh and the surrounding area. Just wondering though, when Scotland play Serbia on 12 November, and with the game being live on Sky only, no terrestrial TV coverage, will she go full look at me mode and open the bars just prior to this event, making herself out to be a hero to hundreds of thousands of nationalists up and down the country? Or, am I being just a tiny bit cynical here?

16 minutes ago, JWL said:

It is baltic out there!!

7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Bet you haven't too. 😀

Well it's my turn. We do limit it to 6 or 7 mind, can't go too mental. Mates got a big house though, so it's looking like double figures for next Saturday.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Stats show that roughly 1 in 100 folk in Scotland have tested positive for Covid-19. It is unknown how many people get infected but are never diagnosed, but I don't think that the touted figure of 1 in 2 is too much out of the ball park, although I imagine you would think differently. That would mean 1 in 50 have actually been positive in Scotland since March, so that's 2,000 per 100,000 over a period of 7 months.

The figure for coronary heart attacks (https://www.scotpho.org.uk/health-wellbeing-and-disease/coronary-heart-disease/data/scottish-data/) in 2018/19, over the whole year, was 220 per 100,000.

I was basing my thinking on the 6,615 heart disease deaths and it being the biggest cause of deaths in Scotland and comparing it with the 2,688 Covid deaths and assumed it would be higher.

I stand (sit) corrected. 👍

Edited by graygo

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I agree James. Youngsters lied about their age to enlist such was their desire to go and fight. WW1 was indeed different with a horrific level of loss.  I don't know if you've been over to Contalmaison or not but visiting the memorials and battle sites over there really hits home.

No haven’t been there Enzo 

11 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

The average age of a Covid-19 death is 82

Just saying I would deal at 82 now 

And yet we are throwing away opportunities for at least 1 generation of young people for it.

People die when they get old. We cannot change that. We have already doubled nature's intended life expectancy for humans through science.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

The big issue is will she dare to have Edinburgh and Glasgow in different levels ? 

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Seemingly if you are under 60 with no other discombobulations ( or whatever the term is) you are more likely to die from drowning than you are covid.

Stay safe peeps.

If you're under 25 you have more chance of being killed falling from a horse in Scotland than dying of Covid-19.

50 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Essential to Nicola is different to essential for me.

Without being all “Prince Andrew” , no way am I spending a week without finishing off an 18 year old

ICU numbers creeping up still but not at an alarming rate. So hopefully a sign some treatments are making a difference rather than the worst still to come.

I do think it is getting a bit ridiculous with the amount of various tiers/stages of lockdown. At the end of the day the different tiers are meaningless because they'll be changed yet again by governments as the situation evolves.

As for the care home delays in getting tested - surely if there is a positive case/death then give all the residents a treatment? Even if it a trial, like that inhaler containing a protein that got the immune system reacting more in the right way and if given early enough they may never develop bad symptoms. Or maybe they are doing trials of treatments in care homes, I've not tried to find out tbh.

53 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What's the thinking behind this? Is it that in theory your time spent in store is shortened?

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

And yet we are throwing away opportunities for at least 1 generation of young people for it.

People die when they get old. We cannot change that. We have already doubled nature's intended life expectancy for humans through science.

Exactly governments in the UK effin up with every tier, lockdown, circuit breaker etc etc because they don't know what they are doing but getting paid fortune's of tax payer's money for doing so 

39 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So you are justifying yourself potentially breaking the rules?

What rules is he breaking? Your pal Nicola said not to cancel holidays.

23 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

The average age of a Covid-19 death is 82

Just saying I would deal at 82 now 

Damn tooting. 👍

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

If you're under 25 you have more chance of being killed falling from a horse in Scotland than dying of Covid-19.

And yet there are plenty of people absolutely terrified of this killer.

If I manage to live into my 80's I hope that I am a bit more at ease with my own mortality than some.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic