Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Heartsmad1874

Speaking to a few mates at my old work, one of them still furloughed, another in a different department is doing 2 weeks working then 2 weeks back on furlough. Both telling me the company will be asking for people to take voluntary redundancy but they think it will be compulsory soon anyway.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo

Anyone who says these daily briefs are not political should watch the last ten minutes.  

1-  When talking about the recent changes to the help for business yesterday she says almost as an afterthought and without any detail that and I quote ‘which of course we think should go further’.  

2- She then threatens Scottish businesses with a withdrawal of funding at a later date due to Scotland’s inability to borrow money.  Which is a clear message they are pushing about how not being independent is holding back Scotland’s ability to deal with pandemic.

I don’t want to get into the validity of either claim but let’s not have any more claims these briefs aren’t political.  It’s as clear as clear can be.  

She's an absolute weirdo. Absolutely no idea. Going on about the second world war, debatable which side she'd be on. Reminding us she's a human being lol. Jury is out on that too.

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ohh it’s turning into a party political broadcast now

Finite budget??😄. Still £10bn more than we raise ourselves.  Not forgetting the substantial extra Covid funding already provided by the UK treasury. Live within your means pet!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Anyone who says these daily briefs are not political should watch the last ten minutes.  

1-  When talking about the recent changes to the help for business yesterday she says almost as an afterthought and without any detail that and I quote ‘which of course we think should go further’.  

2- She then threatens Scottish businesses with a withdrawal of funding at a later date due to Scotland’s inability to borrow money.  Which is a clear message they are pushing about how not being independent is holding back Scotland’s ability to deal with pandemic.

I don’t want to get into the validity of either claim but let’s not have any more claims these briefs aren’t political.  It’s as clear as clear can be.  

The only reason why every single decision of hers is different to Westminster is so she can maintain a distinction for political ends

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Embarrassing comparisons between Covid and WWII. 

Bombers flying overhead or a feckin virus. No comparison, none whatsoever. At least the pubs were stil open during WWII , supplies permitting 

What's all this lumping in the central belt as if it's some sort of administrative area in itself? They're all over the place. 

Fitzroy Pointon
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why is level zero not "everything back to normal"?

Because we will never be "back to normal"? 

:muggy:

Fitzroy Pointon

Went to McDonalds yesterday (I know, I know). Queued for 20mins and the woman came out and took my details. Her words to me were "might as well as this is the way it will be for the next two and a half years". 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, graygo said:

Abandoned due to floodlight failure. 1-0 at the time.

1994121401 West Ham United 0-1 A.jpg

Beauty and the Bheast in that picture. 

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why is level zero not "everything back to normal"?

That’s in the basement. You’ll have levels -1 to -4 go through before we get there though. 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Went to McDonalds yesterday (I know, I know). Queued for 20mins and the woman came out and took my details. Her words to me were "might as well as this is the way it will be for the next two and a half years". 

Good inside info that, what's her role in the government? Or is she more on the science side? Not sure she should be giving out stuff like that to random punters but. 

Shanks said no

Level 16 (2018)

Sixteen-year-old Vivien is trapped in The Vestalis Academy, a prison-like boarding School

20 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Yet last night, Rangers were in Belgium (who have high numbers of cases and even the team they were playing against had confirmed cases) yet they were allowed fans inside.

Do they need to self isolate on return or does that no apply when travelling for work?

Nucky Thompson

WW2, Feck off Sturgeon!

At least people were still allowed to see their friends and family and you could still go to the pub.

Embarrassing 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

WW2, Feck off Sturgeon!

At least people were still allowed to see their friends and family and you could still go to the pub.

Embarrassing 

Surprised the SNP would want to get people talking about WW2

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It certainly has to be made political when stating the facts and that’s all she’s done there, should she just say everything will be ok like BJ and that we are doing everything fantastically well when it’s a blatant lie? He’s good at that right enough. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It certainly has to be made political when stating the facts and that’s all she’s done there, should she just say everything will be ok like BJ and that we are doing everything fantastically well when it’s a blatant lie? He’s good at that right enough. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing that they are political...it's the denial that they are political which he's questioning I think; they're clearly political in their nature.

Fitzroy Pointon
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Good inside info that, what's her role in the government? Or is she more on the science side? Not sure she should be giving out stuff like that to random punters but. 

I was thinking she was meaning more in terms of Maccy D's. I only visit about twice year so should only affect me five times. 

Shanks said no

0 - closest to normality without vaccine

1 - indoor meetings, prevalence low

2 - no indoor mixing, hospitality limits

3 - similar to current central belt restrictions

4 - close to full lockdown

oh no he has woken up, I’m out

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

25 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Embarrassing comparisons between Covid and WWII. 

Why?

I actually have used similar on here before.

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

WW2, Feck off Sturgeon!

Embarrassing 

But men were out in the army for years and maybe didn’t come home 

also as I have said before, we have video calls now. Back then there was no internet or ability to have video calls. Far worse 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What’s wrong with that ? These demos helped in Freeing black South Africans from tyranny and oppression . Good on him . Imagine mocking that . 

Incredible isn't it.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Following independence the logical next move is to have further splits:

Orkney and Shetland will rejoin Norway.

Kingdom of Fife will be re-established.

Borders + Dumfries and Galloway will become Reiverland.

North of Stirling will all be Teuchterland.

The rest will be Central Belt, dominated by Glasgow prompting Edinburgh and Lothians to consider UDI.

prefer Paul Johnson’s version where Edinburgh becomes a city state. 

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

WW2, Feck off Sturgeon!

Embarrassing 

Surely she didn’t make a war analogy ? I thought that was more Bo jo level ?

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Does that mean we can have a pope?

No pope but drugs are legal and horse racing in Princes St Gardens if I remember correctly. Written in 1997

Edinburgh 2020: After years of rioting and chaos, during which time the United Kingdom was dissolved into dozens of warring city-states, Edinburgh achieves stability thanks to the Council of City Guardians and their vision of a new Age of Enlightenment

8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Incredible isn't it.

Yes mate ! No freedoms or rights were just Giving , they had to be fought for . Well

done 

Brighton Jambo
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When someone says, and this was why I quoted verbatim “which of course we think should go further” that’s not a fact that’s an opinion.  

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Surely she didn’t make a war analogy ? I thought that was more Bo jo level ?

What’s wrong with it?

ive used it before when people are moaning about the restrictions just now.  People in war time had it far worse for much longer 

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

But men were out in the army for years and maybe didn’t come home 

also as I have said before, we have video calls now. Back then there was no internet or ability to have video calls. Far worse 

But people back then were made of sterner stuff. They wouldn't have been cowering away worrying about a virus. Which is probably why when the Hong Kong Phooey hit in 1968, killing many more people, including children, than Covid, it barely rated a mention on the news. People were more stoical and just got on with life. Sad to see the way this country has reacted to Covid.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes mate ! No freedoms or rights were just Giving , they had to be fought for . Well

done 

👍

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s wrong with it?

ive used it before when people are moaning about the restrictions just now.  People in war time had it far worse for much longer 

It’s not the same thing at all . She should be ashamed of making references to it 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s not the same thing at all . She should be ashamed of making references to it 

Will just have to agree to disagree mate

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But people back then were made of sterner stuff. They wouldn't have been cowering away worrying about a virus. Which is probably why when the Hong Kong Phooey hit in 1968, killing many more people, including children, than Covid, it barely rated a mention on the news. People were more stoical and just got on with life. Sad to see the way this country has reacted to Covid.

People question things more and not as obedient to the crown like the 1940s and many just joined the army without questioning why , so many young lads basically murdered essentially although world war to was a fight against fascism . I do get that and appreciate the efforts of the military then however world war 1 was completely diffferent really 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Will just have to agree to disagree mate

Yes we will have a good weekend and keep reminding us of the rules as I sometimes forget them as they can be quite complicated especially the new tier system but I’m sure you will be up to scratch about that 👍

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's not necessarily a bad thing that they are political...it's the denial that they are political which he's questioning I think; they're clearly political in their nature.

She’s said she’s tried not be political but I don’t see how it can be if you want to be truthful. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

People question things more and not as obedient to the crown like the 1940s and many just joined the army without questioning why , so many young lads basically murdered essentially although world war to was a fight against fascism . I do get that and appreciate the efforts of the military then however world war 1 was completely diffferent really 

Yes, I agree James. Youngsters lied about their age to enlist such was their desire to go and fight. WW1 was indeed different with a horrific level of loss.  I don't know if you've been over to Contalmaison or not but visiting the memorials and battle sites over there really hits home.

3 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Sturgeon already considering changing the tiers from 0-4 to 1-5.

:lol: 

There is something special and memorable about 1 - 5 to be honest😀

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic