Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

joondalupjambo
Just now, Cade said:

Boris accidentally admits that Serco Test&Trace is barely helping.

£12bn spunked up the wall.

No, no no your wrong.

12 bn into the hands of his mates, keep up Cade 😃😃

You are right though both BJ and Vallance were a bit loose tongued in that question and answer.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Canary Islands moved to the exempt list. ☀ 

:HeartsManspotrun:

giphy.gif&ehk=yWeD63gwMQYgimJCgekiU6w6Gb

Typical as I’ve just applied for a refund from Ryanair as was meant to be over there in couple of weeks 

Absolutely delighted especially as I’m here in Tenerife now!

https://apple.news/ANq1PBQtRQE6e6gFfTpi8QQ

Families were given a half-term holiday boost today as the government prepared to scrap travel restrictions imposed on the hugely popular Canary Islands.

Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, announced that quarantine-free travel would be permitted to the Spanish islands including Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Lanzarote for the first time since July.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

No, if it's in conversation I'll call him Johnson or Boris Johnson and before that it was Theresa May - I'm starting to get the feeling I'm in the minority though :lol: 

I use their surnames but a quick look on these pages and you will see that absolute shambles of a PM be called Boris constantly. 

50 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Thinking it was only in relation to a one off vote where they were prepared to side with the Tories in Westminster to bring down Labour via a vote of no confidence.  Google Tartan Tories for the story.  

The vote you are referring too was the one that brought down the Labour govt. and brought about the election of the Thatcher govt. Callaghan said it was like Turkey's voting for an early Christmas, or as Leitch would say, Turkeys voting for a digital Christmas.

To be fair the SNP were pretty right wing at the time, and still are at their core, and were later to expel the 79 group (The SNP's militant tendency) It looks like the right wing TITTS are back.

18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They certainly were a nice wee rebrand and folk seem to have forgot it all.Its like Hibs always being a great run club chat.

I have thought as a leader in a pandemic like this she has done a pretty good job up until recently but just like at Westminster it's starting to unravel.Im not saying what they are doing is right or wrong but it's really testing their support ( not the extreme Nats though )

I’ll be honest ,I’ve not been impressed with any leaders either nationally or internationally , perhaps the New Zealand PM gets a better rating , but no one has led the way . 

This should’ve been ran as a war cabinet with not one person pushing a political agenda against another . 

32 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

They were but some of the current brand on here have outed themselves as being heartless, bigoted basturds on here in the last few days. Tories in Tartan Troos (Titts for short).

Accusing SNP supporters on here of being  heartless, bigoted basturds.  I don't suppose you have any evidence to support your view or are you just name calling yet again?

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ll be honest ,I’ve not been impressed with any leaders either nationally or internationally , perhaps the New Zealand PM gets a better rating , but no one has led the way . 

This should’ve been ran as a war cabinet with not one person pushing a political agenda against another . 

Aye they really all should have been involved together and had a unified approach.

17 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Absolutely delighted especially as I’m here in Tenerife now!

https://apple.news/ANq1PBQtRQE6e6gFfTpi8QQ

Families were given a half-term holiday boost today as the government prepared to scrap travel restrictions imposed on the hugely popular Canary Islands.

Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, announced that quarantine-free travel would be permitted to the Spanish islands including Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Lanzarote for the first time since July.

Sturgeon will probably say Scotland aren’t lifting it Tom  

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Canary Islands moved to the exempt list. ☀ 

:HeartsManspotrun:

giphy.gif&ehk=yWeD63gwMQYgimJCgekiU6w6Gb

:toasting:I'm going to Lanzarote in February, but I might now book a cheeky week to Tenerife in December

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This.

Calling Boris Johnson just Boris is people showing their endearment to him.

😏

Most of Nicola Surgeon's critics on here refer to her an Nicola!

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

:toasting:I'm going to Lanzarote in February, but I might now book a cheeky week to Tenerife in December

:pleasing:

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Sturgeon will probably say Scotland aren’t lifting it Tom  

As long as the Foreign Office give it the green light she can do one.

Ainsley Harriott

Nicoliar has joked that Jason Leitch will now be the Grinch that stole Christmas. No hen we all know it's your ya horrid wee rat.

38 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Issues sourcing turkeys have led them to replace those with carpaccio di Ferrier. While the flavour will be similar, tests reveal a bitter taste left in the mouth.

The River City DVD may, on request, be supplemented with Sturgeon's Briefings - The Best Bits Volume I. Some lad in Hamilton editing the footage as we speak.

A Covid version of D.I.S.C.O. with F.A.C.T.S...a duet with Sturgeon and JiH??

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nicoliar has joked that Jason Leitch will now be the Grinch that stole Christmas. No hen we all know it's your ya horrid wee rat.

Ehhh?

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye they really all should have been involved together and had a 

51 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Don’t like sharing tweets from the Sun but I’ll make an exception as it’s a video...

Thats quite heartbreaking to watch. Sadly, she is just one of many thousands of elderly people being held captive in care homes and seeing 1 relative for 30mins a week through a window.  My neighbours' mother (who is 93), is in a similar situation. She had a fall at the start of March and has since had to give up living independently and is now in a care home. Absolutely hates it and has deteriorated so much over the past 5 months. Tbf, she most likely wouldve felt unsettled even without covid as she has always been fiercely independent. At least her family couldve visited her regularly to make it all more bearable if only covid restrictions hadn't altered care home visits.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

They should be ashamed of themselves if they break the rules and catch it and need treatment- no doubt about that 

:rofl:

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:pleasing:

Better believe it mate. I'll be at a loose end.

My partying in Northumberland comes to an end on the 15th November

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

🍺. If your under the Sturgeon thumbscrew you have to improvise and broaden your horizons just to get a pint nowadays. Enjoy👍

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I am reading a biography of Ernest Bevin and it brings home the difference in the quality and experience of senior politicians then and now. How would for example a War Cabinet with Johnson Gove and Hancock have fared in WW2? And which current Labour leaders would have enhanced it?

It is a scary thought. 

Anyway thankfully we are not at war however much this thing is hyped beyond reason.

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

giphy.gif&ehk=KkDNQbvBLBcrTHfe8ld0ssTrsF

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

You misunderstand, there are other claimants from the central belt on expenses of £200k+ I’m perfectly aware he’s just a simple grifter from Skye (his words) anyway no more political debate on this thread

Is the fat **** not originally from Edinburgh? 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am reading a biography of Ernest Bevin and it brings home the difference in the quality and experience of senior politicians then and now. How would for example a War Cabinet with Johnson Gove and Hancock have fared in WW2? And which current Labour leaders would have enhanced it?

It is a scary thought. 

Anyway thankfully we are not at war however much this thing is hyped beyond reason.

War was probably the wrong word but certainly a cross party cabinet should’ve been set up , too late now though 😡

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Thinking it was only in relation to a one off vote where they were prepared to side with the Tories in Westminster to bring down Labour via a vote of no confidence.  Google Tartan Tories for the story.  

It’s a myth really. 
https://sourcenews.scot/march-1979-what-really-happened-when-the-snp-brought-down-a-minority-labour-government/

40 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The vote you are referring too was the one that brought down the Labour govt. and brought about the election of the Thatcher govt. Callaghan said it was like Turkey's voting for an early Christmas, or as Leitch would say, Turkeys voting for a digital Christmas.

To be fair the SNP were pretty right wing at the time, and still are at their core, and were later to expel the 79 group (The SNP's militant tendency) It looks like the right wing TITTS are back.

Making up total rubbish now to support your previous Nazi jibes.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Extreme Nationalists say it didn't happen 😀. There are many of us who are old enough to remember it happening and to remember what your average Nationalist was like as well. 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I actually think he believes the drivel he posts. It's hilarious. 😁

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I hate the canaries islands there ****ing shite, I’ve vowed never to go back. 

Tough times call for tough decisions and I’m now reconsidering. Any sun in the current climate is worth pursuing. 

Also half considering just renting somewhere there for 6 months or so, seems much more pleasurable sitting this out in the sun. The kids education is the one major drawback to this plan.

I think it might be the  time to get out of dodge; so to speak. 

I agree that the Canaries are pish in the Summer months, but you can't beat ice cold beers in the sun when it's Baltic back home.

In February I got 14 days of sun, which is unusual as you usually get a couple of cloudy days. It was at least 25 degrees every day and a few days it reached 30 degrees

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you “ban carry outs” there will be riots and looting. 

what happens when you ban "xmas"  because you didn't ban carry outs and stop house parties, do we get to nail the government to crosses, seal them in tombs and see how many can make it out by easter....i'm all for that

9 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

A simple google search will tell you all you need to know. Perhaps its better you don't, the truth will send you into melt down.

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sturgeon as bad as Hitler yet?   A few heads are missing in action here.

:lol:

Although it’s a serious thread the seethe is entertaining.

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I actually think he believes the drivel he posts. It's hilarious. 😁

Your lack of knowledge of the Party History is making you look thicker than you probably are 😂. Bash on in your blubber coated ignorance though.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

Although it’s a serious thread the seethe is entertaining.

It's crazy.  They're all trying to out-seethe each other.   I'm sure there's a private competition going on.

Meanwhile... things are looking mum & dad in Liverpool.  

Yeah but... wut aboot... aye but... etc.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

what happens when you ban "xmas"  because you didn't ban carry outs and stop house parties, do we get to nail the government to crosses, seal them in tombs and see how many can make it out by easter....i'm all for that

Slight over reaction perhaps.
Firstly stopping the sale of alcohol would cause anarchy, it’s simply unworkable as South Africa shows. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-52684781

Secondly house parties are already banned, has it stopped it? Who’s at fault for that? The police? Or idiots not realising the harm they’re causing?
Thirdly Xmas hasn’t been cancelled, it’s over two months away and nobody knows what will happen by then. It may well mean smaller gatherings, folk will just need to adjust, we FaceTime the rest of the family down south anyway so maybe more folk will need to that kind of thing.  
As for nailing them to crosses that wasn’t a Xmas thing was it? It was a few days before Easter and the ***** escaped. You’re getting mixed up with Santa’s birthday. 

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Your lack of knowledge of the Party History is making you look thicker than you probably are 😂. Bash on in your blubber coated ignorance though.

Daein Nazi salutes standing with the British Royal family. 

13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I hate the canaries islands there ****ing shite, I’ve vowed never to go back. 

Tough times call for tough decisions and I’m now reconsidering. Any sun in the current climate is worth pursuing. 

Also half considering just renting somewhere there for 6 months or so, seems much more pleasurable sitting this out in the sun. The kids education is the one major drawback to this plan.

I think it might be the  time to get out of dodge; so to speak. 

Wouldn't blame anyone for going abroad (and staying there) right now. UK is ****ed. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's crazy.  They're all trying to out-seethe each other.   I'm sure there's a private competition going on.

Meanwhile... things are looking mum & dad in Liverpool.  

Yeah but... wut aboot... aye but... etc.

👍

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Daein Nazi salutes standing with the British Royal family. 

Shocking moment in the history of a disgraceful rich family.

Meanwhile Arthur Donaldson - Leader of the SNP (didn't happen😀)

79 Group led by Alex Salmond formed strong links with Sein Fein/IRA ( didn't happen 😀)

Voted with the Tory opposition to bring down the Labour Govt and pave the way for Thatcher (didn't happen 😀)

I haven't even got to the New Nationalist Party full of liars, bullies and sex pests 😀

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic