Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Unknown user
11 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Why doesn't he just ask his god to make everyone immune? Prayers don't work now, huh? Weird that.

Wrong god I reckon, I'm a Dionysus man myself. Actually, maybe Satan, he's got all the tunes to be fair. And none of this virgins nonsense, there's proper clarty minks in Satan's camp.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

https://apple.news/A4kclWLkaRYiZ72O_L6LELw

Be careful questioning people about face masks!

People need to chill out or they will be knocked out🙈

I suspect that apha-man is a dab hand at knocking out people smaller than him for very little. I mean, does the guy spark out on the floor even lift?

Brighton Jambo
13 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

0.2 deaths per 100,000 over 14 days in the UK

So 1 death per half a million people over 14 days and some people are still panicking 

New daily cases in the UK has say somewhere between 500-1100 since late June and yet in that time hospitalisations have dropped hugely, those on ventilation is down into double digits and deaths have dropped to point where it’s not far off single digits most days for the whole of the UK or certainly no more than 20.  

I recognise that the understanding of the virus is changing all the time but it seems like the government approach isn’t being updated to reflect that understanding.   It is so so frustrating and when there are millions of people unemployed and the economy is on its knees only then will people realise the damage we are doing.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Though the arsehole in me did think there was a bit of karma around situation. They were both out to **** people up just in different ways🤷🏻‍♂️

A nice we fine or spell in detention for pram man would bring this episode to a satisfactory conclusion. 👍

Lessons learned all round.

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

As an aside the guy who got ktfo clearly doesn’t lift. If he did he wouldn’t be wasting his time mask shaming he would be lifting. 

:spoton:🤘

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You would assume there is some form punishment coming. Though no idea what sort of punishment that would carry? Is he likely to do time for that? 

I personally try and practice tax evasion with a bit of white collar crime way less violent and way more financially rewarding. 👍

Being a thug is for mugs

He'll get a fine, although it's not unknown for folk being killed as the result of a single punch, so they guys an arse.

Defrauding the Inland Revenue and assorted large, faceless corporations gets a thumbs up from me. The money works it's way back into the economy eventually, and helps keep those oh-so-important wheels of industry turning smoothly.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

JudyJudyJudy
16 hours ago, OBE said:

Pope Francis demands Covid vaccines must be made available to the poor, open up the Vatican City bank vaults and guarantee it then. 

Yes the church is awash with money but not as much now due to churches being closed . They are missing the donations big time 

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

What a vile ***** he is. 

That’s rather harsh on the Supreme Pontiff ! 

Dennis Reynolds
11 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Why do countries that did not follow the tyrannical lockdown and face nappies policy not have a massive covid outbreak? 

Let me answer. It's because they dont work.

Let's hope we can get back to normal before we follow Australia with mandatory vaccines (or you lose your job/benefits) or New Zealand with their covid jail camps. 

But I suspect this is going to drag on for a while yet.

Meanwhile in the UK nobody dies from flu anymore.

Anyone who uses 'face nappies' or 'muzzles' generally shouldn't be listened to and this post is a perfect example of why.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes the church is awash with money but not as much now due to churches being closed . They are missing the donations big time 

That’s rather harsh on the Supreme Pontiff ! 

:notsure:

:lol: 

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Probably deserved it tbh. He was shouting his gob off at staff then started on the boy that hit him. Karmas a bitch. Maybe teach him to keep his gate locked in future. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, LMc said:

Anyone who uses 'face nappies' or 'muzzles' generally shouldn't be listened to and this post is a perfect example of why.

I'd hazard a guess there's a strong correlation between folk that use the terms 'muzzles', 'face nappies' and 'snowflake'. 

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Unsurprisingly no move to phase 4. 

Looks like Tayside is likely, next, to face restrictions/local lockdown as they are facing spikes. 

24 Aug will see outdoor entertainment, outdoor contact sports to resume for all ages, driving lessons allowed, bingo halls opening. 

Gyms and pools to open from 31 Aug. Woo hoo.

Also some talk of spectator sports from mid Sept.  

Doesn’t look like anyone is returning to an office anytime soon. 

All dates are indicative as the negative was pushed hard,

Police to get more powers to enforce controls. 

It’s another cheery message from the FM. 

Can C-19 swim? By that I mean, you wouldn't think it could be transmitted through water exposure but I've never seen anyone discuss it. 

Any chat on massages? Shoulders and back are killing me. 

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'd hazard a guess there's a strong correlation between folk that use the terms 'muzzles', 'face nappies' and 'snowflake'. 

It's infantile and silly. If people don't like them, don't wear them. Calling them silly names whilst still wearing them just undermines their argument.

Edited by Taffin

5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not strictly true is it. You can catch it by picking up a box of cereal in a shop, or a family member can bring it home, doesn't mean you weren't following guidelines. Out of interest are there any stats or documents on how people are actually catching it? Something I've always wondered, like where and when people picked it up? 

Yes, I agree. I was just referring to the talk about Aberdeen bars being crowded and the queues not observing social distancing. But, yes, absolutely, it could also be spread via surfaces. It would certainly be useful if more information could be given about the whos, hows and, importantly  the extent of the symptoms that people have. 

Where's Boris?

Is he really on a wild camping trip in Scotland?

Or is he actually really in Greece, celebrating his father's 80th with the rest of the Johnson clan?

:kirk:

Edited by Cade

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

It's infantile and silly. If people don't like them, don't wear them. Calling them silly names whilst still wearing them just undermines their argument.

Quite. It's seen as trendy to rail against everything now though. Making up names for a face mask, very edgy indeed.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

controls. 

I like how you casually say “ police have more powers to enforce controls “  !  Like it’s no big thing !

Sturgeon..."me (sic) and this govt have been leading....:"  straight from the Angela Constance school of grammar. Where do they get these people?

Just now, Victorian said:

Mooth owned by NS once more.  

No she wasn't.  Sturgeon wriggling out of answering questions as usual. A black belt in talking eloquently but talking complete and utter s***e simultaneously 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No she wasn't.  Sturgeon wriggling out of answering questions as usual. A black belt in talking eloquently but talking complete and utter s***e simultaneously 

But she did answer the questions.  Not on Mooth's terms of course,  but on her own terms.   Nevertheless they were comprehensively answered.   Not even by evasion (as frequently seen at PMQs) but with clever language.   

As usual,  Mooth thinks she can skewer the FM to provide particular types of answers,  but the FM is several dozen steps ahead of her.   The sooner Mooth slithers off to the unelected chamber the better.

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I like how you casually say “ police have more powers to enforce controls “  !  Like it’s no big thing !

Uhm I didn't 😕

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

But she did answer the questions.  Not on Mooth's terms of course,  but on her own terms.   Nevertheless they were comprehensively answered.   Not even by evasion (as frequently seen at PMQs) but with clever language.   

As usual,  Mooth thinks she can skewer the FM to provide particular types of answers,  but the FM is several dozen steps ahead of her.   The sooner Mooth slithers off to the unelected chamber the better.

:greatpost:

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's not just RD that wanted answers,  it was the families of the victims who died in care homes when Covid patients were admitted. They would have been listening to Sturgeon squirming and wriggling  too. 

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:jjyay: 

32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Mooth? Do you also say Yoon? Oh the banter.

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not just RD that wanted answers,  it was the families of the victims who died in care homes when Covid patients were admitted. They would have been listening to Sturgeon squirming and wriggling  too. 

They'll get their answers,  as confirmed by NS.    The answers will be forthcoming in due course once the appropriate actions have taken place.

Families are not being served at all well by wholly inadequate opposition leaders sensationalising and politicising what should be serious matters.    Raising feelings of premature,  possibly false,   greivance in vulnerable minds is entirely inappropriate.    It's quite possible that these families will find it more difficult to process whatever truths they eventually learn due to being pre-conditioned by zealous,  carping troublemakers.    Used and abused by inadequate,  second rate charlatans.

25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Think it was me.

The fish never really gave much details other than old bill can use batons, to ensure social distancing, to break up house parties. 🙈

Personally think she would be encouraging youngsters to have house parties and build up that herd immunity.

Is that actually true? If so, what have we come to? Batoning people for being too close to each other. 

1 minute ago, westbow said:

Mooth? Do you also say Yoon? Oh the banter.

Yeh just as bad as muzzles and face nappies. Tragic, infantile stuff.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Nah I made that bit up or exaggerate. Police given special powers to break up house parties/home gatherings I believe. 

What they are I have no idea,.

Phew! Though I imagine it's not far off.

The Internet

They're not using batons to break up house parties ffs :lol: Totally made up. They're using tasers, not batons. This isn't the 1970s. 

Political scrutiny is good and vital.   It becomes even more effective when it is employed upon political leaders who welcome scrutiny and who do not make attempts to evade it.    It falls flat on it's face and does a profound disservice to individual people and society as a whole when the job falls upon people who do not possess enough responsibility to carry out the task.    Weaponising the grief of families and quite possibly leading them down the garden path in order to fulfill a bogus facade of scrutiny is not a proper use of the privilege of the job.    Perhaps these opposition parties will eventually find people with the gumption to provide real political scrutiny.    Then they might start to lay a glove on the SG.

Brighton Jambo
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Political scrutiny is good and vital.   It becomes even more effective when it is employed upon political leaders who welcome scrutiny and who do not make attempts to evade it.    It falls flat on it's face and does a profound disservice to individual people and society as a whole when the job falls upon people who do not possess enough responsibility to carry out the task.    Weaponising the grief of families and quite possibly leading them down the garden path in order to fulfill a bogus facade of scrutiny is not a proper use of the privilege of the job.    Perhaps these opposition parties will eventually find people with the gumption to provide real political scrutiny.    Then they might start to lay a glove on the SG.

I agree with your post above but would add that another key part of political scrutiny is scrutiny by ones own party.  As has been seen by other political parties there is a significant range of views expressed by the back benches many of which openly oppose and criticise their parties stated position.  A COVID example being the Conservative back benches and prominent party members really challenging the cabinet on the health vs economy debate.

The Scottish government are too ‘on message’ around COVID and I don’t believe it is serving the best interests of Scotland.   They cannot all to a man and woman agree on everything the government is doing.  

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Nah I made that bit up or exaggerate. Police given special powers to break up house parties/home gatherings I believe. 

What they are I have no idea,.

It’s probably unforceable   if there are too many “ parties “ happening . Ridiculous really . Yes unfortunately the envious neighbours will certainly be “grassing “ . 

The Internet
24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s probably unforceable   if there are too many “ parties “ happening . Ridiculous really . Yes unfortunately the envious neighbours will certainly be “grassing “ . 

It's like an overreaction or something isn't it. 

40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I am sure that fans of rival clubs won't hesitate to take photos of footballers out on the town breaking the rules and get them reported to the SG.

55 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Some folk need a good tasering tbh.

Witnessed a bruiser tasered at Edinburgh Waverley, he cushioned his fall with his pus...ohya!...💥

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Well leaving a pram, with I assume his kid, to go and spark the guy out. Was the bit that I found strangest, especially as nearly forgot the kid after the incident. 

Though the arsehole in me did think there was a bit of karma around situation. They were both out to **** people up just in different ways🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess it does show the tensions that are out there over this thing. 

As an aside the guy who got ktfo clearly doesn’t lift. If he did he wouldn’t be wasting his time mask shaming he would be lifting. 

Hopefully the wean gets taken aff this *****. A good stabbing is on the way for ***** like him. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

That was interesting.  First and foremost the two arse ***** seemed to be wanting a confrontation with the guard.  SHe was right. She didn't need to answer why she wasn't wearing an mask.  Secondly the guy who got a punch to the pus was very Gobby.  Unfortunately for him he picked on the wrong person  regarding not wearing a mask.  Clearer the puncher overreacted and will be in shit for this I assume.  In particular with a child in a buggy?   No doubt social work will also be involved as well as the polis. Why did the friend filming it not immediately help his friend but was still filming it? 

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

They'll get their answers,  as confirmed by NS.    The answers will be forthcoming in due course once the appropriate actions have taken place.

Families are not being served at all well by wholly inadequate opposition leaders sensationalising and politicising what should be serious matters.    Raising feelings of premature,  possibly false,   greivance in vulnerable minds is entirely inappropriate.    It's quite possible that these families will find it more difficult to process whatever truths they eventually learn due to being pre-conditioned by zealous,  carping troublemakers.    Used and abused by inadequate,  second rate charlatans.

Scotland as a country has been let down for 13 years by having what is, effectively, a protest movement in power,  weaponising  devolution for the sole purpose of agitating for independence. Having a "group think" govt with no tolerance of dissenting voices is unhealthy and damaging. In a normal country, with normal politics, they would have been out on their chorus several years ago. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotland as a country has been let down for 13 years by having what is, effectively, a protest movement in power,  weaponising  devolution for the sole purpose of agitating for independence. Having a "group think" govt with no tolerance of dissenting voices is unhealthy and damaging. In a normal country, with normal politics, they would have been out on their chorus several years ago. 

Yet they’re arguable getting more popular? 
You have to accept/admit you’re coming at this from an angle bud. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

52 years of labour got us nothing. And not a peep from anyone like Enzo. 

Nucky Thompson

6 deaths in all UK settings

1182 positive cases out of 190,000 processed tests

867 people in hospital, 28 fewer than yesterday

70 people in ventilator beds, 7 fewer than yesterday

21 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

In my book, their popularity sums up what Scotland has become, more than anything else possibly could

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In my book, their popularity sums up what Scotland has become, more than anything else possibly could

Again you’re coming at this from an angle. 
I don’t hate England or the English and it annoys me when people suggest that’s what it is. We DONT get what we vote for by voting labour. It’s as simple as that. 
Im not particularly a fan of the snp and I know plenty people who feel the same as me. I couldn’t vote for labour or conservatie

anymore though. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic