Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

How can you drink a pint with a face mask on? 

Face coverings are not mandatory in beer gardens, safe distancing is recommended.

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

I remember when buses used to have “No Spitting” signs.

Did people moan about not being allowed to do that?

There was a young man from Ealing

Who had a expectorant feeling

But a sign on the door

Said "don't spit on the floor"

So he looked up and spat on the ceiling

Brighton Jambo

I will wear one while going to the shops until such time as the significant majority have stopped doing likewise.  

i will not however make my six year old boy wear one even though I am supposed to.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

From what I’ve seen today at work a fair few are not bothering to wear one in shops.

Only 1 fella in Aldi today didn't have one. Walked past him and he coughed.

Story of my life.

I'm just like Arthur Morgan :(

4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I will wear one while going to the shops until such time as the significant majority have stopped doing likewise.  

i will not however make my six year old boy wear one even though I am supposed to.  

Does your six year old need to be in a shop?

22 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Could he not try one round the house for a bit to see how it goes? Would a marvel one not excite him if it goes well?

Totally understand parents who are anxious about it when it comes to kids

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Only about half full. I had a dump this afternoon. Thanks for checking in though :)

If, however, you are referring to my post, let's discuss rather than be offensive, eh?

You act like a petulant child.

Nicola won’t tell me what to do.

Would it make any difference if it was Johnson?

Or generally you don’t like being told what to do?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You act like a petulant child.

Nicola won’t tell me what to do.

Would it make any difference if it was Johnson?

Or generally you don’t like being told what to do?

He is a petulant child 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

From what I’ve seen today at work a fair few are not bothering to wear one in shops.

Very disappointing 

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, OBE said:

Does your six year old need to be in a shop?

Not regularly no but given we have no childcare support and my wife and I work it’s sometimes just not viable to orchestrate it so that isn’t with one of us when we need to pop in.  

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Could he not try one round the house for a bit to see how it goes? Would a marvel one not excite him if it goes well?

Totally understand parents who are anxious about it when it comes to kids

Yeah I’m not not adverse to encouraging him but I will not force him if he doesn’t want to.  

Brighton Jambo
23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

My boys are quite excited about wearing their black buffs to the shops.

My mother, however, is less impressed that I've taught them to chant 'Mujahaddin' whenever they have them on.

Haha quality!  I’m going to try a Star Wars one for him but if he doesn’t like it I’m not going to force it.  

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry Dave, I don't believe in this idea of a new normal. From the start we have been treated to politicians - of all stripes - making things up as they go along and hoping that folk, mostly out of fear, go along with it. Now that the redundancies are really kicking in, and the reality of furlough ending is dawning, folk will be less likely than ever to believe a word that comes out of their mouths. That is, unless they enjoy being told what to do.

I’m not sure I see having to wear a facemask In shops and buses/trains as an important lost liberty, but each to their own. They’ll be making us wear seatbelts in cars and crash helmets on bikes next. 😄

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah I’m not not adverse to encouraging him but I will not force him if he doesn’t want to.  

Yeah I don't see an issue with that with a kid that young

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not sure I see having to wear a facemask In shops and buses/trains as an important lost liberty, but each to their own. They’ll be making us wear seatbelts in cars and crash helmets on bikes next. 😄

This 

some people just like to moan I guess 

OmiyaHearts
6 hours ago, Jeff said:

Shocking that. What area if you don't mind sharing?

Its Glasgow city centre, but I wont say what store. I know a few of her friends in other shops in Glasgow, Edinburgh & Aberdeen. They all have the same stories and experiences, but the WhatsApp chat today are the freaks who wont wear a mask, going tonto at being asked to.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nope, he’s a . 

And no, I don’t enjoy being what to do by anyone, especially self-serving politicians. 

Please tell me you did what your parents told you what to do.

OmiyaHearts
7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Ive no problem if people want to wear masks. My wife works in a supermarket and was mocked for wearing a mask back in March. 

Mandatory mask wearing puts people like our wives in situations they should not be in, much like having to enforce 2m rule. 

I am happy to avoid going to shops and similar places until the law changes again, in line with the clear and transparent timeframe laid out by the government...

Btw my wife wants to wear a mask and wants her customers to, as she feels safer at her place of work.

We spend a fair amount of time in Japan, so mask wearing is not unusual for us and I think asking someone to put a mask on for 3 min while you wait for a coffee is fine. A wee bit of courtesy for the person having to put themselves at risk, so you can get your coffee.

Not a lot to ask, really.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly.

Im a bit of a snob where I drink so wouldnt sit in a hovel even if the pints were £3 ! 

Edited by JamesM48

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im a bit of a snob where I drink so wouldnt sit in a hovel even if the pints were £3 ! 

But you settled for Tennent's? Or is that all they had on tap?

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A discerning drinker like myself.

A rare quality these days.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Sorry Dave, I don't believe in this idea of a new normal. From the start we have been treated to politicians - of all stripes - making things up as they go along and hoping that folk, mostly out of fear, go along with it. Now that the redundancies are really kicking in, and the reality of furlough ending is dawning, folk will be less likely than ever to believe a word that comes out of their mouths. That is, unless they enjoy being told what to do.

Unfortunately, novel viruses don't come with instruction manuals. Governments/Countries have had to adapt the best they can to the unique circumstances they've found themselves in. This battle with Covid is far from over and when someone with a higher intellect than myself (not difficult) offers informed guidance or instruction, I'd rather take heed rather than the huff.

Allegedly In England, 78% who've tested positive for Covid were asymptomatic. Clever Covid didn't announce to these hosts that it had entered their systems. No face coverings on public transport or shops, why would they, they all felt fine.

I could be a carrier, I don't know, I've not been tested...have you?

9 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

People have had the decency to wear masks in other countries for years, when they are ill, or it's flu season. Some of the abuse my wife has had to deal with today already, serving people in Caffe Nero, it's a disgrace. Given a large majority of coffee customers are arseholes anyway, these anti-maskers are a new breed of aggressiveness.

I imagine its arseholes like some of the posters above, who are giving her grief for it. Like it's the Barista or Nero who made the decision.

She is however, looking forward to refusing to serve these idiots from tomorrow. Some guy said to her today 'I'll be here Monday and you better give me my coffee, mask or not'. I wan't to be there when she tells the tit to GTF.

Why are ‘a large majority of coffee customers’ arseholes?

Governor Tarkin

The face masks, seat belts, crash helmet analogy is only valid for the time being.

The fear mongers will still be wearing face masks when Covid 19 is long gone. Some will still be harking on about other folk not wearing them.

It's just the way some folk are wired up.

Bindy Badgy
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It obviously isn't a loss of liberty. People are complaining because they like to complain. I wouldn't care if it didn't have a negative impact on others.

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Jason Leitch warning against the face mask nazi’s approaching people who aren’t wearing face masks. Mind your own business was his message and don’t concern yourself. 

Aimed at our Hamilton questionmaster without doubt.

On another note, hugged my mum today for the first time in 4 months. Was nearly greeting. ♥️

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Why are ‘a large majority of coffee customers’ arseholes?

Its not a large majority, I admit that, it was daft to say. I was a bit angry earlier, with the stuff my wife was telling me.

But there's certainly a much higher percentage of bams, than in other areas of retail. That's from the horses mouth. My wife has worked in various types of retail business and she never had half the shit she now deals with from coffee shop customers.

53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Where can you get pints for £3

OmiyaHearts

To make matters worse. Nero have now decided that they are hospitality and not retail, so customers now dont have to wear a mask, despite face to face sales.

My wife has taken this up with senior management at Nero but shes not expecting much, considering how they've treated staff and managed the situation.

So, you have to wear a mask to buy a shirt from primark, but no mask needed to buy a coffee. Logical.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Agree 100%. 

What harm can it really do? Even if it reduces the chance of you and others getting it, even by a tiny amount, then it is worth it. 

OmiyaHearts
18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The face masks, seat belts, crash helmet analogy is only valid for the time being.

The fear mongers will still be wearing face masks when Covid 19 is long gone. Some will still be harking on about other folk not wearing them.

Mask wearing is hardly new. Decent people in other countries wear masks,  when they are ill or when its flu season.

19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Fear mongers or respectful to others?

If/when Covid is long gone, those who've covered their face and are still vertical will claim to be wired correctly.

Edited by OBE

JudyJudyJudy
58 minutes ago, kila said:

But you settled for Tennent's? Or is that all they had on tap?

Think they had more beers on tap but couldn’t go inside to look 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Where can you get pints for £3

No where but think dickens is £3.50 shandwicks has pints for £1.80 carling 

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A discerning drinker like myself.

A rare quality these days.

👍👍👍

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

👍

Cracking bud and your a stronger man than me. I would have been greeting 😂

My old dear got taken into hospital, early in crisis, at that point I ****ed the rules out the window. Priorities. Let the kids hug her etc when out hospital. If it wasn’t for that human interaction and reminder, she so important to people. Doubt she had made it through, 

Glad we’re coming out this shit it’s been shite.

👍 Nice.

Oh goody, we're finally trying to make out that wearing a face mask is the same as sharia law

:cornette:

Educate yourselves, you feckin cretins

OmiyaHearts
26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Good luck to your wife. Shop staff in various industries are being put in unfair positions by the government. 

Can she wear a mask while working, if she chooses to?

She's still required to wear a mask and gloves. One rule for staff, another for the customer. Although she would have worn a mask either way, to reduce the risk. Like I say, its commenting were used to wearing and know it works.

It's been a tough day. Neither of us have seen our parents since March. They have certain health issues meaning we still can't see them, as my wife is being seriously exposed. We were hoping that Nero would remain takeaway only with sensible distancing etc, so we'd feel confident about meeting the parents with less risk. It's just not worth it at the moment.

Really pisses me off what government expect from retail workers, compared to how they treat them. Very disappointed in the lack of clear instructions and plans going forward. I'm not really political but probably pro ScotGov, however right now, Sturgeon can lick my sweaty sack.

Unknown user
37 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I don’t think that it ‘obviously isn’t a loss of civil liberty’ and that’s my issue. There is nothing in place to prove whether or not a person has Covid, and therefore forcing them to wear a restrictive and uncomfortable muzzle is denying them the right to dress as they wish. This is especially the case in a country like Scotland in which face masks are not a cultural norm. 

I trust all face mask advocates are cool with Sharia Law areas in various Muslim countries enforcing full coverings for women. After all, it’s only to protect the women anyway. 

I trust you're up in arms that nudists are forced to wear pants?

3fingersreid

I’m sure there’s a sensible simple answer to this , but why now for the wearing of face masks and not say 5 or 6 weeks ago ? 
I get it the nhs had first dibs on face masks and rightly so but that shortage was over a while back ( at least I think it was ) 

Had my first visit to the shops wearing a mask today other than feeling a bit silly the biggest issue was the glasses fogging up when breathing , wife sarcastically said to just stop breathing then !!!!!!

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I don’t think that it ‘obviously isn’t a loss of civil liberty’ and that’s my issue. There is nothing in place to prove whether or not a person has Covid, and therefore forcing them to wear a restrictive and uncomfortable muzzle is denying them the right to dress as they wish. This is especially the case in a country like Scotland in which face masks are not a cultural norm. 

I trust all face mask advocates are cool with Sharia Law areas in various Muslim countries enforcing full coverings for women. After all, it’s only to protect the women anyway. 

It used to be the cultural norm in Scotland to get rat-a***d down the pub, drive home and watch “The Black & White Minstrel Show” with the missus.

It used to be the cultural norm to lock up (or worse) gay men.  Now we have gay marriage - and most people think that’s fine & fair.

Things change.  “Cultural norms” change.

22 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Had my first visit to the shops wearing a mask today other than feeling a bit silly the biggest issue was the glasses fogging up when breathing , wife sarcastically said to just stop breathing then !!!!!!

You’ll get used to it, fingers.

We've been wearing them in shops since the end of March, it’s almost like second nature now.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic