Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

See if anyone was actually basing their actions on what @Enzo Chiefo from Kickback said then they probably shouldn't be allowed out on their own anyway.

Exactly Guvnor.  Anyone that falls into that category has serious issues😄

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Zero deaths again today.

12 New cases reported in a Care Home in Glasgow. 

5 days in a row with zero deaths and still people have a go at the SG. 🥺 

ps. I think it was 7 cases in the care home, 12 in Glasgow.

Edited by graygo

Jambo 4 Ever
18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

By "at it for weeks ", that happily coincides with a period when cases, hospitals and deaths have been plummeting. The situation is improving rapidly and people and businesses are now starting to get back to normal so it is entirely appropriate to post positive news. It serves as an antidote to some of the scaremongering posted by the negative types on here.

I , and most people, don't need a f****n scientist or "expert" to tell us that we have next to no chance of meeting someone who is infected. There are an estimated 1000 people with the virus in Scotland out of a population of 6million. Use your own common sense. There haven't been any scientific trials with placebo parachutes so presumably you are still unconvinced about their worthiness?? Finally, I am not encouraging anyone to do anything. I'm sure everyone can make their own judgements.  We don't all need scientists to guide us through our daily decision making process. 

Just make sure you are keeping to social distancing rules and wearing face masks where appropriate 

More confusion from the stupid government (UK) about face masks. And don’t mention the visa fiasco for PH workers another bloody shambles. Social Care Workers don’t qualify. 
They couldn’t run a bath as they’d forget to put the plug in it. 
God help is when Brexit actually happens it will be and is another shambles. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, graygo said:

5 days in a row with zero deaths and still people have a go at the SG. 🥺

Yup they will moan about wearing face masks when in fact that’s a big reason why numbers are low 

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Yup they will moan about wearing face masks when in fact that’s a big reason why numbers are low 

Don't talk shite, the death numbers now correlate to what were new infections 2 weeks ago, masks weren't mandatory then.

Edited by graygo

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

By "at it for weeks ", that happily coincides with a period when cases, hospitals and deaths have been plummeting. The situation is improving rapidly and people and businesses are now starting to get back to normal so it is entirely appropriate to post positive news. It serves as an antidote to some of the scaremongering posted by the negative types on here.

I , and most people, don't need a f****n scientist or "expert" to tell us that we have next to no chance of meeting someone who is infected. There are an estimated 1000 people with the virus in Scotland out of a population of 6million. Use your own common sense. There haven't been any scientific trials with placebo parachutes so presumably you are still unconvinced about their worthiness?? Finally, I am not encouraging anyone to do anything. I'm sure everyone can make their own judgements.  We don't all need scientists to guide us through our daily decision making process. 

👍

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Don't talk shite, the death numbers now correlate to what were new infections 2 weeks ago, masks weren't mandatory then.

They've been recommended since April. The more responsible members of society have been wearing them since then. 

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

True...  The Scottish numbers are very encouraging....  So far so good...

26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We don't know how many currently have it, given that many people only get mild or no symptoms at all and won't have been tested. 

These people can still pass it on to others who may not be so lucky regarding the severity of symptoms. 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They've been recommended since April. The more responsible members of society have been wearing them since then. 

This 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yeh but if you weren’t a selfish twit then you would have been wearing one anyway as they were recommended.

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Yeh but if you weren’t a selfish twit then you would have been wearing one anyway as they were recommended.

Funny that the numbers didn't drop to pretty much zero in April isn't it?

The numbers just now are probably little or nothing to do with face coverings.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We don't know how many currently have it, given that many people only get mild or no symptoms at all and won't have been tested. 

These people can still pass it on to others who may not be so lucky regarding the severity of symptoms. 

Is that not  good that people only get " mild or no symptoms"?   It means that the mortality rate of the disease is even lower than first predicted.  Well there's absolutely nothing that can be done to trace asymptomatic people  really so your point about them passing on is relevant but nothing can be done about it unless everyone is tested every week I guess.

been here before
45 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Face masks should also be worn inside shopping malls ... not just inside the shop itself 

Malls?

Is that a Hamilton thing?

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is that not  good that people only get " mild or no symptoms"?   It means that the mortality rate of the disease is even lower than first predicted.  Well there's absolutely nothing that can be done to trace asymptomatic people  really so your point about them passing on is relevant but nothing can be done about it unless everyone is tested every week I guess.

It's good provided that they don't pass it on to anyone who gets severe symptoms.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Funny that the numbers didn't drop to pretty much zero in April isn't it?

The numbers just now are probably little or nothing to do with face coverings.

You're just being silly now. Nobody has claimed that masks instantly make cases disappear overnight.

3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, Primark still had some income streams from online shopping. The other 2 didn't have that option. 

Burger King, KFC and Starbucks were able to trade. 

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Malls?

Is that a Hamilton thing?

its the words of Nicola sturgeon mate

Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, graygo said:

Don't talk shite. 

That's a really, REALLY, big ask. 

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Face masks should also be worn inside shopping malls ... not just inside the shop itself 

This isn’t exactly rocket science Hammy, the signage as you enter the Gyle tells you to mask up. It’s an enclosed space, so you put your mask on. 

You would get on well with the irritating dentist. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

What do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

been here before
15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

its the words of Nicola sturgeon mate

Thats not what I asked though.

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Cade said:

England's government on face masks:

Mibbies aye mibbies naw, we'll tell you in a few day's time

:vrface:

Unbelievable. 

Jambo 4 Ever
19 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

What do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

why would I care?

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thats not what I asked though.

you know what I mean so why does it matter?

Jambo 4 Ever
21 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

This isn’t exactly rocket science Hammy, the signage as you enter the Gyle tells you to mask up. It’s an enclosed space, so you put your mask on. 

You would get on well with the irritating dentist. 

yeh but it's important to get the message out to those who don't know 

I P Knightley
22 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think that at this stage the major objective is still to contain the virus, limit it's spread. And apparently that's what the masks do.

This, for me, is it.

The masks are not a cure; nor are they a 100% secure shield. But if someone has the virus and breathes, coughs, sings, shouts or sneezes without a mask on, then more virus-carrying droplets will travel further than if there were a piece of cloth there to absorb some of them.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I haven't called anyone Trumpesque.

I'm just saying that Doc Marten or WTF he's called is talking shite and he's never a doctor.

I saw a comment which said that masks will never catch on widely in the US because it's known that they are to limit the transfer of the virus rather than to protect the life of the wearer. You can be sure that the uptake would be significantly higher if science and Trump (two mutually exclusive concepts) were to have said that wearing a mask will save the wearer's life. And that's not just in the US. It's an attitude I've picked up from many in recent weeks; not just to do with masks.

Doc Graham seems to know a little bit of science but also seems incapable of putting two facts together to draw a credible conclusion, conveniently ignoring the fact that the particles don't scud about like some self-propelled wee gnats or something. They need something to carry them and it's that 'something' that gets held up by the mask material. Says he's been a surgeon for 30 years - so not a viroligist or an immunologist, just an amateur like all of us.

been here before
Just now, Natural Orders said:

you know what I mean so why does it matter?

Happily I seldom know what you mean. Nor for that matter do you.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

You're just being silly now. Nobody has claimed that masks instantly make cases disappear overnight.

Ok, so it takes 3 months then. 👍

Ray I'm not arguing against the use of face coverings as such. More that some folk think they are the be all and end all. They are a part of a range of mitigations that we should be taking. Social or physical distancing and washing our hands properly are the main ones. 

24 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ok, so it takes 3 months then. 👍

Ray I'm not arguing against the use of face coverings as such. More that some folk think they are the be all and end all. They are a part of a range of mitigations that we should be taking. Social or physical distancing and washing our hands properly are the main ones. 

Agreed.

Walter Bishop
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

You've been at it for weeks, not just with that link. Show me any expert telling us that we have virtually zero chance of meeting anyone who has it. Stop spreading such dangerous bull**** that encourages people to throw caution to the wind. The advice is to be careful and follow the FACTS.

But since you are so keen on news coming from doctors in Italy, here's another link for you:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-warning-italy-effects-covid-19-could-worse-023000887.html
Effects of COVID-19 could be worse than first thought

By all means go out. But follow the guidelines, use a mask and maintain social distancing. This disease is no joke.

It also nothing like what it is being made out to be. 

Most people won’t get the virus.

Most of the people who get it won’t display symptoms.

Most of the people who display symptoms will only be mildly sick.

Most of the people with severe symptoms will never be critically ill.

And most of the people who get critically ill will survive.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/31/its-all-bullsht-3-leaks-that-sink-the-covid-narrative/

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

It also nothing like what it is being made out to be. 

Most people won’t get the virus.

Most of the people who get it won’t display symptoms.

Most of the people who display symptoms will only be mildly sick.

Most of the people with severe symptoms will never be critically ill.

And most of the people who get critically ill will survive.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/31/its-all-bullsht-3-leaks-that-sink-the-covid-narrative/

Oh that's fine then, as long as most people are ok. **** the 50,000+ dead and those left with horrific lasting health problems. Tough luck.

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Oh that's fine then, as long as most people are ok. **** the 50,000+ dead and those left with horrific lasting health problems. Tough luck.

What about the deaths from cancer, suicides, influenza, sepsis, car crashes, accidents in home etc Do we start have daily updates and number on announcements on these aswell? What is going to happen in winter when the Flu season hits? Will we all be tested for flu and told to isolate with sturgeon giving daily updates on case numbers? 

Life has to go on. 

Jambo 4 Ever
24 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

What about the deaths from cancer, suicides, influenza, sepsis, car crashes, accidents in home etc Do we start have daily updates and number on announcements on these aswell? What is going to happen in winter when the Flu season hits? Will we all be tested for flu and told to isolate with sturgeon giving daily updates on case numbers? 

Life has to go on. 

Yes this may well have to happen in the winter 

Walter Bishop
17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

None of those things listed has a death rate close to what Covid racked up in a few months. 

Impossible to compare. How many people actually have died because of Covid as opposed to those who died with it?

Nobody has a clue. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Yes this may well have to happen in the winter 

Sturgeon said today that since Friday the wearing of facemasks was at nearly 100% compliance.

You can retire happily from this thread now and gie's some peace 

21 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

None of those things listed has a death rate close to what Covid racked up in a few months. 

When you say death rate do you mean the number of deaths that have occurred by time  (a few months) or the number of deaths in relation to those who contracted the virus?

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Sturgeon said today that since Friday the wearing of facemasks was at nearly 100% compliance.

:jj:

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

We have a fairly good idea, according to Scottish govt  figures, that 1000 people have it. The chances of being anywhere near someone who has it are miniscule. The problem is that, in an era of rolling news and the tw*ttersphere , Covid has been dominating the discourse for so long that a lot of people have convinced themselves that life should be risk free. It never has been and it never will be. It would be pretty dull if it was tbh.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

It's good provided that they don't pass it on to anyone who gets severe symptoms.

So whats your solution then ?

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

went to Aldi’s earlier this after noon and all bar two ( a couple [numpties] who were together) were wearing face masks. It’s good to see such an uptake as I want this virus gone ASAP. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

As mentioned in the briefing today James, it is also thought that asymptomatic cases are less likely to pass it on. It's not impossible but less likely.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

went to Aldi’s earlier this after noon and all bar two ( a couple [numpties] who were together) were wearing face masks. It’s good to see such an uptake as I want this virus gone ASAP. 

I was at B and M at the Corn Exchange .  It was quite busy and there was only one woman who didnt have a mask on.  Late 60s..  Good to see most were though. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As mentioned in the briefing today James, it is also thought that asymptomatic cases are less likely to pass it on. It's not impossible but less likely.

👍👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic