• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Now I know how Mr Benn felt all those years ago. I've taken a wrong turn and walked into the weird, wacky world of an American election campaign. Awesome. Bye.

Seriously coming up with that as a response after everything thats went on over there. No wonder the world is so messed up. Morons everywhere 😁

Edited by Weakened Offender

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Seriously coming up with that as a response after everything thats went on over there. No wonder the world is so messed up. Morons everywhere 😁

:laugh:

Today is the highest number of new positive cases (18) in three weeks and FM has said that the government will be investigating this in detail.

Scottish Government update: 18 new positive cases, 668 patients are in hospital, 12 patients are in intensive care and for the second day in a row, there are no reported deaths in the last 24 hours.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Plenty morons on here, that's for sure. Sure they can vent their anti Trump, anti Tory bile on some other sites.

32 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A little pussy.

👍😀

That's no what the wife calls me. :D

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Plenty morons on here, that's for sure. Sure they can vent their anti Trump, anti Tory bile on some other sites.

A Scottish born Pro Trump or Pro Tory calling anyone a moron. That's a classic! 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

A Scottish born Pro Trump or Pro Tory calling anyone a moron. That's a classic! 

I didn't introduce "moron" into the conversation. Just responding to the inference in the previous post. Pro Trump?? Not me but assume away. I didn't realise there was a link between voting Tory and the part of the country you were born in. I thought " civic Scotland" would have grown out of that thought process by now.

50 minutes ago, weehammy said:

BBC reporting nearly 180 billion pounds now spent by UK treasury in COVID 19 economic support. Bunch of tight fisted Bellends!

They haven't spent anything. Most of that is just policy brought forward. They said they gave the SG £800million, when in fact it was only £21 million. 

You tell all those self employed folk who have now lost their businesses, after spending a fortune setting up their business, only for the Bellend Brigade to tell them to suck eggs. 

Oh and its us who are paying for it. Not them. But keep sucking those WM plums. They love a good obedient Scot. 

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just because people are fed up with the same anti-Trump arguments doesn’t mean they are pro-Trump or Tory. 

I guess internet land is not the place for nuanced debate, however. 

Nope! :D

Anyway, there's a Trump and Tory thread in the shed. 

Feck them and all who vote for them. 

17 deaths last week up to the 5th of July. What's the damage this week? 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

She's been tempted many times. Breaks my heart to hear the stories when she comes home from work.

Food thrown at her, had drinks thrown, been physically attacked, junkies in the toilets, OF fans trying to smash her windows. The last thing retail workers need are idiots having a go at them for this. But those idiots don't care, they somehow think wearing a mask to protect others, when in a shop, is the worst thing that can happen.

edit: add to that, due to cost cutting, Nero now have baristas on lone working (without a lone working device). That's after there's been 3 separate stabbings all within 100m of her shop, in the last few weeks.

Scumbags.

18 hours ago, Morgan said:

Has anyone witnessed the type of folk who are using their masks as a fashion item now?

Round the wrist.

Round the elbow.

Hanging from one ear.

Under the chin.

Or the ones who store it in their pocket, without a covering.

Or the ones who take it off to smoke.

How would someone smoke with the mask still on?

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They haven't spent anything. Most of that is just policy brought forward. They said they gave the SG £800million, when in fact it was only £21 million. 

You tell all those self employed folk who have now lost their businesses, after spending a fortune setting up their business, only for the Bellend Brigade to tell them to suck eggs. 

Oh and its us who are paying for it. Not them. But keep sucking those WM plums. They love a good obedient Scot. 

They've spent billions mate. Unfortunately, for many its just putting off the inevitable. 

On another note I was speaking to some Polish bar workers last night who start back on the 20th July. They can't believe the generosity of the UK govt. and people for paying them 80% of their wages for 4 months. They are aware that their jobs will probably go over the next few months, but it has given them the opportunity to plan for the future. They wouldn't have had that in most Nations around the Globe. 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

There really does need to be some education regarding this issue, maybe a new government advert.  I used to run a catering business and spent some time in college doing a food handling course WOW, what an eye opener when it came to the cross contamination part.  Since then I’ve always been extremely wary of clean hands (not to the point of obsession), grates me the non contact hand flush systems and auto soap dispensers in public toilets but, oh wait, you need to then handle the door to get out 😂😂.  The only logical way to do this is to open the door handle with your hand protected and covered I.e. glove, tissue, antibacterial wipe etc........never seen anyone do this ever when vacating a public toilet.........but anyway, your hands are only as clean as the next surface you touch, door handle, elevator button, tin of soup in the supermarket etc...etc...

Gloves......don’t get me started.....I cannot recall anyone ever using latex gloves the correct way, personally I only ever used these in catering when I was cleaning /sanitising then off they came and back to hand washing often.

Who'd have thought....cleanliness and hand washing would have stopped this virus from spreading.

A few points.

Doors - I often carry a pack of tissues around, just for this very purpose, if there happens to not be paper towels handy.

Sliding fridge doors - Again people tend to open them roughly at the same height, I always go high, if I don't have a tissue to open them with.

I've been doing this for years, long before covid came around.

Tin of Soup.

I deliberately left the following out from my previous post, I wanted to see if anybody mentioned it or similar.

I have witnessed this many times now, people coming out of a supermarket and then proceed to take their mask off and roll or fold it up and put it in their bag or pocket, and I doubt any of them have realised what they've just done.  They have taken their mask off using the very same hands which have been touching multiple items, tins, packets etc etc which could have been contaminated with the virus and which they have potentially just transfered onto their face mask, and the virus is just sitting there in their pocket ready and waiting for the next time they put their mask on so that they can breathe it into their lungs.

Not one sanitized their hands before they touched their mask, not one of them.

For me & Imo, face masks might be of some limited help, but it's hand hygiene which is way way way more important.

21 minutes ago, Ribble said:

How would someone smoke with the mask still on?

A thin piece of hosing slipped under the mask. Easy. 

highlandjambo3
20 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

A few points.

Doors - I often carry a pack of tissues around, just for this very purpose, if there happens to not be paper towels handy.

Sliding fridge doors - Again people tend to open them roughly at the same height, I always go high, if I don't have a tissue to open them with.

I've been doing this for years, long before covid came around.

Tin of Soup.

I deliberately left the following out from my previous post, I wanted to see if anybody mentioned it or similar.

I have witnessed this many times now, people coming out of a supermarket and then proceed to take their mask off and roll or fold it up and put it in their bag or pocket, and I doubt any of them have realised what they've just done.  They have taken their mask off using the very same hands which have been touching multiple items, tins, packets etc etc which could have been contaminated with the virus and which they have potentially just transfered onto their face mask, and the virus is just sitting there in their pocket ready and waiting for the next time they put their mask on so that they can breathe it into their lungs.

Not one sanitized their hands before they touched their mask, not one of them.

For me & Imo, face masks might be of some limited help, but it's hand hygiene which is way way way more important.

A massive MASSIVE point people are missing is the word DISPOSABLE......simple, it means get rid when finished, use a fresh one next time it’s needed.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

and if no vaccine is found? 

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

and if no vaccine is found? 

The reply from Nicola -

"I certainly hope it's not permanent, but I think it is for the foreseeable future and therefore it's as well getting into the habit now. Get comfortable with it,“

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

People have had the decency to wear masks in other countries for years, when they are ill, or it's flu season. Some of the abuse my wife has had to deal with today already, serving people in Caffe Nero, it's a disgrace. Given a large majority of coffee customers are arseholes anyway, these anti-maskers are a new breed of aggressiveness.

I imagine its arseholes like some of the posters above, who are giving her grief for it. Like it's the Barista or Nero who made the decision.

She is however, looking forward to refusing to serve these idiots from tomorrow. Some guy said to her today 'I'll be here Monday and you better give me my coffee, mask or not'. I wan't to be there when she tells the tit to GTF.

Well I am one of said posters above and I can tell you something I am not arsehole. Not your wife’s fault but she has unfortunately been put into this position by the government making this mandatory. I won’t be going into shops or public transport but you’ll ultimately be getting folk who are aggrieved at having a mask imposed apon them and your wife is the one who has been tasked to enforce it. 

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Sunak became chancellor about two weeks before COVID-19 really kicked off and most commentators agree he has enhanced his reputation with the moves he has implemented.

Not a Tory boy here but that what you say there does have merit.  He was faced with a real problem and came out with some very generous offerings for sure after only a very short time in office and that has to be applauded. 

What has puzzled me though is that he has been faced with this situation now for 3 to 4 months and the two ones recently, the £1000 staff retention payment and the 50% off meal deal are two head scratcher's not just for be but for most commentators.   You would think that he could have come up with a better employer option for example because employers who will keep staff will be keeping them anyway and others cannot afford to keep employees on for three months after furlough finishes just to get a grand.  As for the meal deal well that is a stab in the dark from him because it is a gamble.  He is trying to be adventurous with that one and from a Chancellor again that probably has to be applauded regardless if it works or not.

Obviously I know damned if he does, damned if he does not but do you think he is keeping the bigger and better rescue options for later on when the real job picture emerges and if required?  Do you think he has any other game changers in the making more to the point?

highlandjambo3

Just back from the Aldi and you know what, there was a guy on the door checking people in with spacing so as there was not too many people bunched up at the entry point, he had a visor on and a counter in his hand.  So, I had my face mask on as is the current recommendation/law from today, after scurrying around a few isles  I seen them, there they were.....yes you got it....fat mum, fat dad two fat kids.....not a mask between them and no interest in any sort of social distancing.

Let me get this right, (according to the experts*) wearing a face mask prevents you from spreading anything by containing your cough/sneeze etc...but, very limited in preventing you catching anything from airborne particles should someone without an adequate face cover sneeze or cough in close proximity to you, correct?  So, I’m concerned more about giving this family anything I have than they are about anyone else in the store.......A big F U attitude from them it seems.....  why do some people not care?  I get those wearing a mask incorrectly but this mob didn’t give a jot.

Did the guy checking them in have any authority to enforce the use of masks or, deny entry?  I think deny entry should be allowed as its highly unlikely that all 4 of them had a reason not to wear a mask.

*P. S this is not a debate about the effectiveness (or lack of) of a mask, it’s about the attitude to wearing one considering today is the government’s guidelines (or law) enforcing this issue.  So, if you are of the flat earth persuasion or wear a tinfoil hat, please don’t answer.

Edited by highlandjambo3

17 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Not a Tory boy here but that what you say there does have merit.  He was faced with a real problem and came out with some very generous offerings for sure after only a very short time in office and that has to be applauded. 

What has puzzled me though is that he has been faced with this situation now for 3 to 4 months and the two ones recently, the £1000 staff retention payment and the 50% off meal deal are two head scratcher's not just for be but for most commentators.   You would think that he could have come up with a better employer option for example because employers who will keep staff will be keeping them anyway and others cannot afford to keep employees on for three months after furlough finishes just to get a grand.  As for the meal deal well that is a stab in the dark from him because it is a gamble.  He is trying to be adventurous with that one and from a Chancellor again that probably has to be applauded regardless if it works or not.

Obviously I know damned if he does, damned if he does not but do you think he is keeping the bigger and better rescue options for later on when the real job picture emerges and if required?  Do you think he has any other game changers in the making more to the point?

I've not read much about the meal deal but had presumed it was no lose for the government and thus not a gamble at all really. Either people make use of it and it stimulates the industry as he intended or they don't use it and there's no significant cost to the government.

Am I off the money with that?

JudyJudyJudy

Just went out for a few pints at a beer garden ( Princes street Mall ).  Great experience. Had to wait to be seated.  Ordered drinks. They served them to us. They had the pints on the tray and we had to lift them off the tray. The toilets  are porto cabins and they only had the ladies open with an attendant keeping an eye on things . Hand sanitizer at the sinks after doing a pee.  Only issue was having to touch cubicle  door handles before going into them, then having to touch your willy to  pee lol..  Im paranoid but my pal reassured me you cant catch it via your willy ! :) used sanitizer after doing a pee. Great to see people out and relaxed and enjoying themselves...Nice afternoon. Id recommend taking out hankies to touch handles etc if heading out, Its all a learning experience. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

R number on the rise in England after lockdown restrictions were lifted

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-r-number-rises-slightly-in-england-following-lockdown-easing-12025709

Hopefully they manage to stay below 1. 

I've not seen anyone wearing a mask for ages, admittedly it's not mandatory, I've been through Settle in North Yorkshire this afternoon to take stuff to the recycling yard, came up through the town centre and never saw one mask.

I've been through Kirkby Losdale, Longridge and Burnley recently and can't remember seeing any.

Edited by Dawnrazor

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I've not read much about the meal deal but had presumed it was no lose for the government and thus not a gamble at all really. Either people make use of it and it stimulates the industry as he intended or they don't use it and there's no significant cost to the government.

Am I off the money with that?

No you are probably right with that thinking.

I was coming at it from the angle of it was meant to be an incentive for folk to go out and boost the economy so my thinking was they would probably take up the offer.  The gamble for me is will be enough people though to cover all the costs associated with the Government setting the scheme up and administering it plus all the effort needed by the businesses to both get on board with it and to make it work for them in house.

I guess it will be good for the big players but small places might see it as hassle.

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

No you are probably right with that thinking.

I was coming at it from the angle of it was meant to be an incentive for folk to go out and boost the economy so my thinking was they would probably take up the offer.  The gamble for me is will be enough people though to cover all the costs associated with the Government setting the scheme up and administering it plus all the effort needed by the businesses to both get on board with it and to make it work for them in house.

I guess it will be good for the big players but small places might see it as hassle.

Yeh that's true, I didn't really think about the 'hidden factory' costs the government will incur to set it up. I think you may be right and a lukewarm take up of it will render it not very successful. Hopefull I'm wrong, but I must be honest and say it isn't something I'm intending on using.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

From what I’ve seen today at work a fair few are not bothering to wear one in shops.

Twits and scumbags.

I'm not totally convinced about masks and their usefulness.

But I have and will continue to wear one to the shops.

Respect for the people who work there is why I do .

A lot of them continued to work (for not a great hourly rate) while I furloughed .

Even if like me you have doubts

If like some on here moan about nanny Nicola.

At least just err on the side of caution for folk the same side of the street as most of us.

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Yeh that's true, I didn't really think about the 'hidden factory' costs the government will incur to set it up. I think you may be right and a lukewarm take up of it will render it not very successful. Hopefull I'm wrong, but I must be honest and say it isn't something I'm intending on using.

Me either.   Time will tell but at the moment I just see this being used by "chains" and not necessarily by enough good, local, independents outwith the big population areas.  It will be interesting to see it in practice though and who gets involved.  It might surprise us all and be a winner for the Chancellor.  

39 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just went out for a few pints at a beer garden ( Princes street Mall ).  Great experience. Had to wait to be seated.  Ordered drinks. They served them to us. They had the pints on the tray and we had to lift them off the tray. The toilets  are porto cabins and they only had the ladies open with an attendant keeping an eye on things . Hand sanitizer at the sinks after doing a pee.  Only issue was having to touch cubicle  door handles before going into them, then having to touch your willy to  pee lol..  Im paranoid but my pal reassured me you cant catch it via your willy ! :) used sanitizer after doing a pee. Great to see people out and relaxed and enjoying themselves...Nice afternoon. Id recommend taking out hankies to touch handles etc if heading out, Its all a learning experience. 

How much was a pint?

I remember when buses used to have “No Spitting” signs.

Did people moan about not being allowed to do that?

Edited by FWJ

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I remember when buses used to have “No Spitting” signs.

Did people moan about not being allowed to do that?

Probably. Civil rights infringed. 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, theshed said:

How much was a pint?

According to another poster £7.00 for a pint of Tennents pish.

Just popped in to Scotmid. Lucky if half the punters had one on. Less than 50 metres away, the pub was hoaching with folk in the beer garden, not a mask in sight. 

This is the same pub that had a mass 50p pint blowout the night before lockdown. And folk who were in that night subsequently died of Covid. 

Mental. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

She’s a snidey cow masquerading as a serious politician. 

I would expect better than ‘Hope’ from someone introducing draconian laws designed to remove civil liberties. 

That comment reminds me of McGregor and his ‘Take your medicine’ bullshit.

She might if she could guarantee that there will be a vaccine and/or people who catch it have long term immunity.  Face coverings could be part of the new normal. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

She’s a snidey cow masquerading as a serious politician. 

I would expect better than ‘Hope’ from someone introducing draconian laws designed to remove civil liberties. 

That comment reminds me of McGregor and his ‘Take your medicine’ bullshit.

You’re full of shite.

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, theshed said:

How much was a pint?

£4.50 for tenants so not too bad really  

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I’ll be getting vaccinated but see if they make it mandatory I’ll think twice about it. 

While you dither, please step aside and make way for the folk who'll not give it a single thought.

indianajones
30 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Just popped in to Scotmid. Lucky if half the punters had one on. Less than 50 metres away, the pub was hoaching with folk in the beer garden, not a mask in sight. 

This is the same pub that had a mass 50p pint blowout the night before lockdown. And folk who were in that night subsequently died of Covid. 

Mental. 

How can you drink a pint with a face mask on? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic