Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Good news when it's in England yet when it was falling in a similar way up here you had plenty to moan about. 

Scotland's Cringe at its worst. 

Mixing me up with someone else pal. I've consistently highlighted positive figures whether in Scotland or wherever. Fwiw, my idea of the Scottish cringe is listening to that bloated Hibs windbag Blackford whingeing about everything under the sun. Real cringeworthy stuff. The only time I think of nationality or "being Scottish" is for sporting events. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone witnessed the type of folk who are using their masks as a fashion item now?

Round the wrist.

Round the elbow.

Hanging from one ear.

Under the chin.

Or the ones who store it in their pocket, without a covering.

Or the ones who take it off to smoke.

Sturgeon will be under pressure again Wales and Northern Ireland have cleared folk ti fly to spain without quarantine.

manaliveits105

So if you buy a house in England for £300k you will pay 0 property tax today

in Scotland it’s £2500 and that’s when they actually decide new rate  takes effect - Today you would still pay £5000  -  way to go snp govt screwing us again 

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Slanj are doing a nice ‘Tynecastle Park’ face covering.

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Sturgeon will be under pressure again Wales and Northern Ireland have cleared folk ti fly to spain without quarantine.

In a couple of days, after the' latest scientific evidence'  from the dentist and her other experts,  she'll reverse it.

All the lapdugs will be drooling saying she was spot on to blacklist Spain for a few days.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

In a couple of days, after the' latest scientific evidence'  from the dentist and her other experts,  she'll reverse it.

All the lapdugs will be drooling saying she was spot on to blacklist Spain for a few days.

Yea I have not got alot against her but I def think she is making it a bit political now !!

9 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Haircuts next week ya dancer.

:pleasing: 

Plural,  your Fred must be in some state?

Enzo Chiefo
41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Has anyone witnessed the type of folk who are using their masks as a fashion item now?

Round the wrist.

Round the elbow.

Hanging from one ear.

Under the chin.

Hope they're not surgeons 😯

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hope they're not surgeons 😯

Nicola?

🤷🏿‍♂️

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Each to their own.

And just like healthy people with no underlying illnesses have died from Covid, then so have straight people have died from aids, of course they have.

However if you were gay, had multiple sexual partners with no protection and injected drugs, then you stand a higher chance of catching aids than someone who does/did none of those things.

Exactly the same as if you are old with multiple comorbidities then you are at greater risk of dying from covid than if you are young with no underlying illnesses, but the young still die.

That's the point I'm trying to make, nothing about lifestyle choices or anything like that, but risk factors, that's what I'm on about.

If I've not come across clearly what I mean, then sorry, but I can't find the words to express it any other way.

I thought that simply saying you can't get aids just walking around a store or anywhere else for that matter was enough to demonstrate the massive difference. I don't go to Tesco worrying about catching aids. No one does.

That's the difference between aids and the truly infectious diseases that plagued our ancestors. Diseases they could contract just walking around and which could quickly spread through an entire population like wildfire.

The very reason bubonic plague once wiped out a third of the entire population of Europe. 

Black Death (both the summertime bubonic and wintertime pneumonic versions) was around in western europe for nearly 300 years, flaring up every few years and killing tens of thousands.

Even in the 21st century we're still seeing around 600 cases a year globally and even with modern medicine it still has a 10% mortality rate.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Black Death (both the summertime bubonic and wintertime pneumonic versions) was around in western europe for nearly 300 years, flaring up every few years and killing tens of thousands.

Even in the 21st century we're still seeing around 600 cases a year globally and even with modern medicine it still has a 10% mortality rate.

What are the symptoms for Black Death?

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What are the symptoms for Black Death?

Chills

General ill feeling (malaise)

High fever >39 °C (102.2 °F)

Muscle cramps

Seizures

Smooth, painful lymph gland swelling called a bubo, commonly found in the groin, but may occur in the armpits or neck, most often near the site of the initial infection (bite or scratch)

Pain may occur in the area before the swelling appears

Gangrene of the extremities such as toes, fingers, lips, and tip of the nose.

Acral_necrosis_due_to_bubonic_plague.jpg

Jambo-Jimbo
21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I thought that simply saying you can't get aids just walking around a store or anywhere else for that matter was enough to demonstrate the massive difference. I don't go to Tesco worrying about catching aids. No one does.

That's the difference between aids and the truly infectious diseases that plagued our ancestors. Diseases they could contract just walking around and which could quickly spread through an entire population like wildfire.

The very reason bubonic plague once wiped out a third of the entire population of Europe. 

Yes, I also thought it was clear as well, guess I was wrong.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Chills

Muscle cramps

Seizures

Smooth, painful lymph gland swelling called a bubo, commonly found in the groin, but may occur in the armpits or neck, most often near the site of the initial infection (bite or scratch)

:Shoosh:

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Chills

Muscle cramps

Seizures

And then after you've went through all that shit, you died.

Maybe not so much nowadays, but back in the day, what was it something like 12 hours sometimes from the start of symptoms until you died in agony.

And this guy wasn't much use either.

image.jpeg.56d8029b2b37e2c6c1a56051d8f2aada.jpeg

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:Shoosh:

It's alright mate. There's zero chance you'll catch and die of bubonic plague :D

Enzo Chiefo
39 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Covid does not "spread through an entire population like wildfire"...that's the point. It caught us unawares because when a lot of half term holidaymakers came back from Europe in February and brought it to every corner of the country.  Any future outbreaks will be localised pockets, that whether in Dumfries,  Merthyr Tydfil or Leicester are being removed. Regardless of lockdowns or not, and the hyperbole used by Nicola Sturgeon in particular, Covid is evidently not lurking round every corner ready to attack. It can spread and we have to be sensible but it has affected a very small percentage of the population and is on the way out. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's alright mate. There's zero chance you'll catch and die of bubonic plague :D

Thank **** for that.

46 minutes ago, Cade said:

Should have shut the pubs.

indianajones
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Round the wrist.

Round the elbow.

Hanging from one ear.

Under the chin.

Shite behavior. 

As if the masks werent already annoying enough. 

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

There's plenty of stuff to do that doesn't involve pubs, cafes or restaurants. They shut they shut, someone else will take their place. Boo hoo the local cafe has shut. 

Big fecking deal, they can join the rest of 3 million self employed who where shafted by the Bellends of number 10 and 11.

There is plenty of stuff to do that doesn't involve Hearts and football but I would still miss them. 

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Round the wrist.

Round the elbow.

Hanging from one ear.

Under the chin.

Maybe they are all signals? ie, under the chin = looking for something serious. 

Hanging from one ear = looking for something casual. In the pocket without a covering = bareback first date?... 😄

51 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Shite behavior. 

As if the masks werent already annoying enough. 

Indeed, Indy.

Absolutely crap people, posing about with their ‘wee maskie’.

We’ve even seen folk drop them on the ground, pick them up, and tuck them away for ‘future use’.  :vrface: 

Some of the jakies/alkies here actually pass a mask around, so they can take turns going into the supermarkets for their beer.

3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Maybe they are all signals? ie, under the chin = looking for something serious. 

Hanging from one ear = looking for something casual. In the pocket without a covering = bareback first date?... 😄

Oh you!

:) 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Covid does not "spread through an entire population like wildfire"...that's the point. It caught us unawares because when a lot of half term holidaymakers came back from Europe in February and brought it to every corner of the country.  Any future outbreaks will be localised pockets, that whether in Dumfries,  Merthyr Tydfil or Leicester are being removed. Regardless of lockdowns or not, and the hyperbole used by Nicola Sturgeon in particular, Covid is evidently not lurking round every corner ready to attack. It can spread and we have to be sensible but it has affected a very small percentage of the population and is on the way out. 

I never even mentioned covid, I spoke of "diseases that plagued our ancestors" and further mentioned bubonic plague as an example. But if it's covid you want to talk about aids still bears no comparison in terms of an ability to infect a population.

An estimated 3 million Americans have been infected by covid in a matter of months with over 200,000 dead and that's with the likes of lockdowns etc being in place trying to prevent the spread.

They're not and never were wandering around Walmart or going to work worrying about catching aids. If you don't get the difference there is nothing else anyone can say to you. I suspect most rational people instantly see the difference which is major.

And as for covid on the way out what planet are you on? Must be planet Trump.

Tell you what, you need to get in touch with Dr Fauci, the top virologist in their nation and give him the benefit of your expertise. Because he has no idea this is on the way out. 

If he agrees after listening to your expert advice then I will agree too. Until then you're talking utter shite  and I have not a clue why. It's frankly bizarre.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I never even mentioned covid, I spoke of "diseases that plagued our ancestors" and further mentioned bubonic plague as an example. But if it's covid you want to talk about aids still bears no comparison in terms of an ability to infect a population.

An estimated 3 million Americans have been infected by covid in a matter of months with over 200,000 dead and that's with the likes of lockdowns etc being in place trying to prevent the spread.

They're not and never were wandering around Walmart or going to work worrying about catching aids. If you don't get the difference there is nothing else anyone can say to you. I suspect most rational people instantly see the difference which is major.

Tell you what, you need to get in touch with Dr Fauci, the top virologist in their nation and give him the benefit of your expertise. Because he has no idea this is on the way out. 

If he agrees after listening to your expert advice then I will agree too. Until then you're talking utter shite  and I have not a clue why. It's frankly bizarre.

:greatpost:

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Oh you!

:) 

I remember hearing tales from years ago about 'secret' singles nights at supermarkets. As folk walked the aisles, certain items in the trolley was meant to indicate what someone was looking for. 

No doubt some innocent guy out to pick up a few essentials was given a surprise proposition or two. 😄

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I remember hearing tales from years ago about 'secret' singles nights at supermarkets. As folk walked the aisles, certain items in the trolley was meant to indicate what someone was looking for. 

No doubt some innocent guy out to pick up a few essentials was given a surprise proposition or two. 😄

Deodorant, Johnson’s Talc, Michelob low-carb beer, baby wipes and cucumbers always worked for me.

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Morgan said:

Deodorant, Johnson’s Talc, Michelob low-carb beer, baby wipes and cucumbers always worked for me.

What would Janet include? 😳

2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

What would Janet include? 😳

Frozen pizza.  Chips.  Ice-cream.  Pot noodles.  Mars bars ‘10 for £1’.

That sort of stuff.

Lockdown was not kind to Elephant girl.  :sad: 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Morgan said:

Frozen pizza.  Chips.  Ice-cream.  Pot noodles.  Mars bars ‘10 for £1’.

That sort of stuff.

Lockdown was not kind to Elephant girl.  :sad: 

That sounds like a Farmfoods meal deal. 

underwaterwoodwelder
14 hours ago, been here before said:

I imagine its along the lines of...

rBVaR1s-2OOAcCKfAADMEPDIwIo295.jpg

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

That sounds like a Farmfoods meal deal. 

She raves about that.

Fat cow.

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

😁

You’re laughing because you’ve seen her, aren’t you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Honestly, you’ve no idea.

Think Big Daddy.  Multiply by two.  We’re close now.

She’s greedy with money too.

Just now, Morgan said:

You’re laughing because you’ve seen her, aren’t you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Honestly, you’ve no idea.

Think Big Daddy.  Multiply by two.  We’re close now.

She’s greedy with money too.

I'd not rule her out.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I'd not rule her out.

She wouldn’t ‘rule you out’ either.

She’ll eat anything.  :oohmatron:

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I never mentioned Aids and understand perfectly well it's not infectious in the same way as Covid.

However, I will correct you on Covid. The percentage of the populations that have been infected, in any country, is miniscule.  You can continue to walk around any store you want, Walmart   Fred Meyer or Ann Summers and you've next to no chance of becoming infected. At any rate, it is estimated  that 80% of new infections are asymptomatic.  The vast majority who are symptomatic experience mild cold or flu like symptoms which suggests Covid does not deserve to be put up on a pedestal. I"m not interested in what Dr Fauci or other spotlight seeking scientists say. Like economists, they rely on modelling which rarely proves to be accurate. Neil Ferguson,  for example,  has been consistently miles off the mark for many years now. Forgive me if I assess the evidence for myself. Your desire to see the worst in this virus is truly bizarre, it really is.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

She wouldn’t ‘rule you out’ either.

She’ll eat anything.  :oohmatron:

She could even be on a liquid diet.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I never mentioned Aids and understand perfectly well it's not infectious in the same way as Covid.

However, I will correct you on Covid. The percentage of the populations that have been infected, in any country, is miniscule.  You can continue to walk around any store you want, Walmart   Fred Meyer or Ann Summers and you've next to no chance of becoming infected. At any rate, it is estimated  that 80% of new infections are asymptomatic.  The vast majority who are symptomatic experience mild cold or flu like symptoms which suggests Covid does not deserve to be put up on a pedestal. I"m not interested in what Dr Fauci or other spotlight seeking scientists say. Like economists, they rely on modelling which rarely proves to be accurate. Neil Ferguson,  for example,  has been consistently miles off the mark for many years now. Forgive me if I assess the evidence for myself. Your desire to see the worst in this virus is truly bizarre, it really is.

Forgive me if I think that some non entity on a football forum thinking for himself is talking utter shite. When the top virologist in the US is saying they could be heading towards 100,000 new cases a day.

Again, what planet are you on? Planet Trump?

Top disease researcher Dr Anthony Fauci has told the US Senate that he "would not be surprised" if new virus cases in the country reach 100,000 per day.

Incidentally if you become ill don't go to an exert. What do they know? Just think for yourself.

And if you think it's bizarre that I wouldn't give a flying **** what a non entity on a football forum thinks in comparison to what a world leading expert is saying that's even more bizarre.

Hey, I was thinking for myself today, pulled this pearl of wisdom straight out of my self thinking arse. Issac Newton, an expert I wouldn't listen to because hey who listens to experts, thinks that gravity is an attractive force.

Bullshit, it's a result of invisible magic leprechauns pushing everything down to the ground and tying magical lassos between orbiting objects. Hows that for thinking for myself? No doubt you give it some credibility because it doesn't come from an expert. They know jack shit. Right?

You're becoming wacko like throwing around claims that anybody at all desires to see the worst possible scenario for this virus. When all they're doing is listening to the experts and ignoring the uneducated babble of football forum non entities.

How many others heads are you inside by the way? Aside from Trumps? Get out of that particular head because that's certain crazyville territory. 

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Forgive me if I think that some non entity on a football forum thinking for himself is talking utter shite. When the top virologist in the US is saying they could be heading towards 100,000 new cases a day.

Again, what planet are you on? Planet Trump?

Incidentally if you become ill don't go to an exert. What do they know? Just think for yourself.

And if you think it's bizarre that I wouldn't give a flying **** what a non entity on a football forum thinks in comparison to what a world leading expert is saying that's even more bizarre.

Hey, I was thinking for myself today, pulled this pearl of wisdom straight out of my self thinking arse. Issac Newton, an expert I wouldn't listen to because hey who listens to experts, thinks that gravity is an attractive force.

Bullshit, it's a result of invisible magic leprechauns pushing everything down to the ground and tying magical lassos between orbiting objects. Hows that for thinking for myself? No doubt you give it some credibility because it doesn't come from an expert. They know jack shit. Right?

You're becoming wacko like throwing around claims that anybody at all desires to see the worst possible scenario for this virus. When all they're doing is listening to the experts and ignoring the uneducated babble of football forum non entities.

How many others heads are you inside by the way? Aside from Trumps? Get out of that particular head because that's certain crazyville territory. 

OMG...you've been consumed by this Covid thing. It's truly taken over. Apologies for intruding on your obsession.  I really hope both your keyboard, and you ,recover. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic