Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Would he have an iota of credibility if he had suggested drinking/injecting dettol might be an answer? My opinion is that he would have been branded not just an idiot but a total lunatic. He would have become a political laughing stock overnight. Career over.

You're talking about a man who ran away from a reporter and hid in a fridge in the run up to the elections.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

I like the few Doc Graham Kickback Experts In Everything. There's a hardcore of around 12-15 of them and they never fail to disappoint.

:laugh:

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

They are compulsory in 120 countries. Why is it Nicola who's under more pressure and not Boris? England is faring worse than Scotland.

And so it happens

The political split.

The 'they're doing worse than us ' approach so we must be right

We are in Scotland, Nicola is the First Minister so when I discuss the leader it is her who lays down the law in this instance....she will be under pressure and to try to deny it is just silly.

If we are talking UK then he is equally under pressure if it goes wrong and even more so if it spreads to Scotland due to that decision

Just now, CJGJ said:

And so it happens

The political split.

The 'they're doing worse than us ' approach so we must be right

We are in Scotland, Nicola is the First Minister so when I discuss the leader it is her who lays down the law in this instance....she will be under pressure and to try to deny it is just silly.

If we are talking UK then he is equally under pressure if it goes wrong and even more so if it spreads to Scotland due to that decision

She's just following the scientific advice and doing what most countries around the world are doing. 

BoJo is the one choosing not to follow suit.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

You're talking about a man who ran away from a reporter and hid in a fridge in the run up to the elections.

Haven't heard of that, but would still take him over a Trump. I would take anything. I wouldn't vote Republican but if the only way to be rid of this maniac was voting for another Republican if there were that option, I would take it.

He's a  curse on the entire Western world. I wouldn't expect Boris Johnson to be a national security concern. Trump is. The autocrats like Putin know exactly how to play the idiot. They simply praise him and he purrs like a cat. Then drools over how great they are. 

The Xis and Putins of the world mock us, all the while knowing that the self-seeking simpleton in the White House will “make deals” with them on his own behalf. 

Scotland is doing objectively better than England.

Scotland has chosen to make face masks mandatory (but not legally enforced) in indoor public places.

England has not.

Next few weeks will show who is right.

AHhhhhhhh! The old it's political pish, because you don't want to wear a mask, shite. 

Feck off! 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Scotland has chosen to make face masks mandatory (but not legally enforced) in indoor public places.

England has not.

It must be legal if you can be fined for not wearing one.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

One thing that's essential from the get go is look into who the hell is 'Doc Graham'. I could write anything at all about masks or the virus in general then post it. While calling myself Doc Holliday and proclaiming I know more about viruses than anybody else on the planet.

Aside from Trump of course who knows more about everything than anybody else knows about anything.

At this point, the CDC still lists masks as one of the best protection tools against the coronavirus So who do we take seriously? A known professional respected body or some unknown on the internet calling themselves 'Doc Graham'?

the problem with what that "doctor" has said, yes he is probably correct re the virus particle size, however i believe the virus when transmitted (i.e. breathed out) is contained in/on water/moisture droplets that will be a fair bit bigger and the filters in the masks should stop them (or at least reduce the numbers getting through signifantly) getting through

51 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I'm no 'doc graham', but I'd hazard a guess that humans coughing or sneezing are not spraying out single virus particles, but rather droplets and globules of bodily fluids which may contain some virus particles. I'd also hazard a guess that a lot of those droplets and globules are large enough to be stopped by a mask. 

wish i had seen this before i posted pretty much the same

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

wish i had seen this before i posted pretty much the same

Th real problem is how do we get this common sense point to 'Doc Graham'

18 minutes ago, Cade said:

England has not.

not necessarily as scotland was doing better than england before the introduction of masks. theoretically you could say, i think todays figures for scotland showed 19 new cases in a few weeks if scotland has regular number of new cases around say 30 a day but the number of cases in england keeps dropping. in that scenario you could point to two conclusions, 1) scotland is doing better due to the lower number of new cases or 2) england is doing better as the new cases rate is reducing while in scotland it is increasing/remaining steady

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

i think the only way would be for someone who i imagine doc graham would admire - donald trump coming out with it

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

See this is where I have a problem.

Common sense would tell you ill fitting masks designed for short use or handkerchiefs would stop droplets.

Common sense isnt science and simply putting down anyone who doesnt share your view as lacking it despite evidence of a scientific nature is as bad as any quack you quote .

It's also a bit concerning regarding my last link that research now has to qualify itself so as not to appear critical of the WHO.

who it has to be said have contradicted much of their own advice.

Seriously not looking to point score.

If science cant agree we all are unlikely to 

But dismissing other opinions with mixed capital letters and the piss take "I'm no doc graham" looks a little stupid given the changing views amongst health professionals.

Interesting that WHO were ignoring this due to the lack of suitable protective masks available to health professionals.

Politics is definitely a player here imo.

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think the only way would be for someone who i imagine doc graham would admire - donald trump coming out with it

Seems doc Graham has a valid point regarding droplets and face masks.

It may not prove to be right but it's a serious point.

I imagine you might not want to frame someones politics on something you know very little about.

JudyJudyJudy

I assume with the new cases they will be able to track and trace anyone who has been in contact with those infected so its containable ? Still incredibly low number of new cases whether they be mild or severe.  The death rates are surely the best barometer to gage what is happening. Even in England the numbers are dropping. . 

JudyJudyJudy

I was at the Murrayfield Sports  bar last night. They have taken good precautions, taking names . numbers and hand sanitizer , requested to sit at tables etc  . Mind you it didn't stop a rammy happening among a group of young pissed lads and probably coked up too.  No social distancing in their pagger either. They got thrown out and the Polis came.  Staff thought the bar would be closed but was allowed to remain open. It was ok night.  

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

not necessarily as scotland was doing better than england before the introduction of masks. theoretically you could say, i think todays figures for scotland showed 19 new cases in a few weeks if scotland has regular number of new cases around say 30 a day but the number of cases in england keeps dropping. in that scenario you could point to two conclusions, 1) scotland is doing better due to the lower number of new cases or 2) england is doing better as the new cases rate is reducing while in scotland it is increasing/remaining steady

England's new cases yesterday were 820, a record for the last 10 days, so not really falling.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

England's new cases yesterday were 820, a record for the last 10 days, so not really falling.

"A further 21 people who tested positive for coronavirus have died in hospital in England, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals in England to 29,066, NHS England said.

Patients were aged between 72 and 96 years old. One patient, aged 96, had no known underlying health conditions".

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

"A further 21 people who tested positive for coronavirus have died in hospital in England, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals in England to 29,066, NHS England said.

Patients were aged between 72 and 96 years old. One patient, aged 96, had no known underlying health conditions".

..and there were 650 new cases identified in the UK which means about 600 for England. I believe they reported about 520 last Sunday. There were 22 deaths reported last Sunday.

scott herbertson
30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I assume with the new cases they will be able to track and trace anyone who has been in contact with those infected so its containable ? Still incredibly low number of new cases whether they be mild or severe.  The death rates are surely the best barometer to gage what is happening. Even in England the numbers are dropping. . 

At this stage deaths are reflecting who got sick two weeks ago or more. Cases were dropping for a couple of months up to the lockdown being eased Cases are probably a better indication of whether the virus is reducing or spreading in the community. Even he small nudge up from around 10 a day to 15-20 in scotland  in the last couple of days needs to be watched and analysed to see the source and track and trace if it is not to start spreading again.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

..and there were 650 new cases identified in the UK which means about 600 for England. I believe they reported about 520 last Sunday. There were 22 deaths reported last Sunday.

Yes it is slower down England but still going the right way re deaths.  Infections rates in England still concerning. 

If a mask or covering reduces transmission of the Covid 19 virus even by 1%, it is only common decency that you would wear one while we all fight to rid the world of said virus. Only fecking haufwits with no regard for anyone but themselves would create unrest over not wearing one. And so I have with a heavy heart come to the conclusion that I no longer care if they catch Covid 19.

Hopefully 2 weeks isolation or weeks in the hospital with only their own thoughts and separation from the people who care if we live or die, they will find a new perspective and join the fight.

Edited by ri Alban

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I was at the Murrayfield Sports  bar last night. They have taken good precautions, taking names . numbers and hand sanitizer , requested to sit at tables etc  . Mind you it didn't stop a rammy happening among a group of young pissed lads and probably coked up too.  No social distancing in their pagger either. They got thrown out and the Polis came.  Staff thought the bar would be closed but was allowed to remain open. It was ok night.  

Obviously weren't the pavement-dancing football casual-types as most of their paggers are socially distanced. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

3 hours ago, jake said:

Seems doc Graham has a valid point regarding droplets and face masks.

It may not prove to be right but it's a serious point.

I imagine you might not want to frame someones politics on something you know very little about.

Does Doc Graham have a real name?

1 hour ago, Gards said:

Does Doc Graham have a real name?

Dont know anything about him.

Someone posted an anecdotal post using his moniker.

been here before
6 minutes ago, jake said:

The Doc Graham Kickback Experts on Everything will be along at some point to tell us everything there is to know, and more, about Doc Graham soon enough.

19 minutes ago, jake said:

So there's no verification who he/she is and whether anything he/she has posted is correct?

4 minutes ago, Gards said:

So there's no verification who he/she is and whether anything he/she has posted is correct?

I didnt use him as evidence if you read through the thread.

I've used live science and the recent open letter from Scientists who question the current views on the virus.

Someone else posted the anecdote and was ridiculed for it.

There is a debate going on about the usefulness of masks.

One poster described "doc graham "as a trump admirer .

I like you can only go on the scientific advice.

I dont try to put down others opinion.

Hope this helps and it's ok that you got your line of attack wrong.

Its allowed.

UK study shows that immunity only lasts a few months, according to initial findings.

This matches previous studies done in other nations.

Herd immunity isn't going to work.

11 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

upload_2020-5-5_21-14-34-jpeg.752352

No idea if that's right or wrong.

Doc Donnie Trumpo
Yesterday at half past tomorrow

MASKS! Folks, let a surgeon, immunologist, virologist, dentist, gunfighter, trillionaire, bullshitter of a shitload of years (a.k.a. me) yes i'm really all those things, and more, not many people know that, teach you about masks. COVID 19 virus particles are really, really, really wee, a lot of people don't know that.

You need one of those see wee things bigger thingumy jigs to look at them. They shoot right through your stupid libtard masks, not many libtards know that, all my fans do. We're really, really' really smart, i'm the smartest, a really, really, really stable genius, everybody knows that.

But update, the masks being just for stupid libtards was just the last 7 months.Yesterday I looked through my super duper see wee things bigger thingumy jig and saw that COVID 19 had evolved into way big gobs of COVID 19 virus shite stuff. I saw it first, not many people know that, now it's good to wear a mask.

And really cool, you can look like a bandit when you're robbing a whole country, and hide your teeth when lying through them. Everybody knows that.

Edited by JFK-1

36 minutes ago, Cade said:

UK study shows that immunity only lasts a few months, according to initial findings.

This matches previous studies done in other nations.

Herd immunity isn't going to work.

Suggests.

And is still to be peer reviewed.

And much like flu annual jabs if when a vaccine is found will be likely.

Which previous studies?

As I could only find a Swedish one which found higher levels of natural immunity than first thought.

Enzo Chiefo

Professor Karol Sikora endorsing the growing evidence from Italy that the virus is weakening and following the same pattern as previous Covid viruses in fizzling out.

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Professor Karol Sikora endorsing the growing evidence from Italy that the virus is weakening and following the same pattern as previous Covid viruses in fizzling out.

If it's 'fizzing out', why did today see a record rise in new cases globally? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/jul/12/coronavirus-live-news-australia-vaccine-human-trials-to-start-trump-wears-mask-in-public

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Ray Gin said:

The virus appears to be weakening. Do you know how many people catch the common cold in winter? Probably not, as we don't have daily briefings. I think the point is that it will cease to be a public health threat in the coming months, regardless of whether it still exists or not. The higher cases in the US with lower death rates than before is another pointer.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The virus appears to be weakening. Do you know how many people catch the common cold in winter? Probably not, as we don't have daily briefings. I think the point is that it will cease to be a public health threat in the coming months, regardless of whether it still exists or not. The higher cases in the US with lower death rates than before is another pointer.

The cold? You're comparing Covid to a cold now? 

Edited by Ray Gin

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The cold? You're comparing Covid to a cold now? 

It is believed to be following the pattern of previous Covid viruses, of which the common cold is one. It isn't the Black Death some seem to believe it is.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

It is believed to be following the pattern of previous Covid viruses, of which the common cold is one. It isn't the Black Death some seem to believe it is.

The common cold doesn't kill 570k+ in a few months despite the world being in lockdown, but you carry on getting your kicks from downplaying it. 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Ray Gin said:

The common cold doesn't kill 570k+ in a few months despite the world being in lockdown, but you carry on getting your kicks from downplaying it. 

115k die each year in the UK from respiratory illnesses, 44k each year from Sepsis. As you probably know, my point refers to the Professor adding to the growing body of evidence that the virus is NOW weakening and is "learning to live with it's host". It may well BECOME just like the common cold. It has to be said, you do appear to be willing it to be a continuing threat, bizarre as it may seem.  

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

115k die each year in the UK from respiratory illnesses, 44k each year from Sepsis. As you probably know, my point refers to the Professor adding to the growing body of evidence that the virus is NOW weakening and is "learning to live with it's host". It may well BECOME just like the common cold. It has to be said, you do appear to be willing it to be a continuing threat, bizarre as it may seem.  

I want us to come out of this safely with as few deaths as possible.

You seem to be willing people to treat this like its no big deal, putting people's health and lives at risk.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic