Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I want us to come out of this safely with as few deaths as possible.

You seem to be willing people to treat this like its no big deal, putting people's health and lives at risk.

That's what we are doing. You are only posting articles that relate to increasing cases or second waves. 

Those that wish to continue in lock down and live in fear are more than welcome to do so. Others that have assessed the evidence and made a judgement on any risks ,can set about getting back to their normal lives. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's what we are doing. You are only posting articles that relate to increasing cases or second waves. 

Those that wish to continue in lock down and live in fear are more than welcome to do so. Others that have assessed the evidence and made a judgement on any risks ,can set about getting back to their normal lives. 

I don't want to live in lockdown. I want us to come out and more importantly stay out. That's only going to successfully happen if people remain cautious and treat this seriously. You seem determined to trivialise this which is bordering on being sociopathic.

Look at America to see what happens when you don't take the threat of this disease seriously. Multiple states are back into lockdown with cases rocketing. Back to square one. 

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes agree with you , those who want to stay home for whatever anxious reason can but let’s not judge those who are making their own risk assessments about heading out and living .  I was actually quite pissed off last night after I had been out for a few drinks at local pub . A friend messaged me Later and seemed quite angry  , saying I shouldn’t be out as I’m meant to be socially distancing ( not shielding ) She was very censorious and judgemental . It actually spoiled my night . Made me feel guilty about going out then my anxiety went into overdrive thinking maybe I shouldn’t have went out and taken “ risks “ ,, maybe best staying in as it’s 💯 safe etc . Anyway the Moral of the story we all have different reasons for staying in or heading out so people shouldn’t be judgmental .  

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes agree with you , those who want to stay home for whatever anxious reason can but let’s not judge those who are making their own risk assessments about heading out and living .  I was actually quite pissed off last night after I had been out for a few drinks at local pub . A friend messaged me Later and seemed quite angry  , saying I shouldn’t be out as I’m meant to be socially distancing ( not shielding ) She was very censorious and judgemental . It actually spoiled my night . Made me feel guilty about going out then my anxiety went into overdrive thinking maybe I shouldn’t have went out and taken “ risks “ ,, maybe best staying in as it’s 💯 safe etc . Anyway the Moral of the story we all have different reasons for staying in or heading out so people shouldn’t be judgmental .  

I wouldn’t worry about that man. You did nothing wrong. If the government is allowing things to open they must be fairly sure it’s safe to do so. I had a mate say he wasn’t going for weeks yet and thought I was being silly being out, were all at different points. I felt completely safe and I really enjoyed myself. 
My head is in a much better place tonight looking forward to the week ahead too👍🏼

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Others that have assessed the evidence and made a judgement on any risks ,can set about getting back to their normal lives. 

😁

I can't make up my mind what the most ridiculous word in that sentence is, but 'normal' is edging out 'evidence' at the time of writing. 😉

Edited by Weakened Offender

Good on Primark for telling Rishi to bolt with his £1000 per employee £30m), as they don't need it. Let's hope McDonald's(£110m) and whetherspoons(43m) follow their lead. 

Edited by ri Alban

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I don't want to live in lockdown. I want us to come out and more importantly stay out. That's only going to successfully happen if people remain cautious and treat this seriously. You seem determined to trivialise this which is bordering on being sociopathic.

Look at America to see what happens when you don't take the threat of this disease seriously. Multiple states are back into lockdown with cases rocketing. Back to square one. 

Perhaps you can explain how quoting an eminent Professor equates to "trivialising" the virus? He is making the point that it may be weakening to the extent that it will not be a public health concern.

If you genuinely want us to come out of lockdown then perhaps, instead of scouring the globe for examples of increasing cases, you take the responsibility of accentuating the positive figures here which mean that you have virtually zero chance of meeting anyone in the country that actually has it.

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Well said James. Hope you enjoyed your night out.

10 hours ago, jake said:

I didnt use him as evidence if you read through the thread.

I've used live science and the recent open letter from Scientists who question the current views on the virus.

Someone else posted the anecdote and was ridiculed for it.

There is a debate going on about the usefulness of masks.

One poster described "doc graham "as a trump admirer .

I like you can only go on the scientific advice.

I dont try to put down others opinion.

Hope this helps and it's ok that you got your line of attack wrong.

Its allowed.

"Line of Attack"?  I just asked if the tweeter had a real name and if their tweet was verified.  If you think that's an attack then you have issues.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps you can explain how quoting an eminent Professor equates to "trivialising" the virus? He is making the point that it may be weakening to the extent that it will not be a public health concern.

If you genuinely want us to come out of lockdown then perhaps, instead of scouring the globe for examples of increasing cases, you take the responsibility of accentuating the positive figures here which mean that you have virtually zero chance of meeting anyone in the country that actually has it.

You've been at it for weeks, not just with that link. Show me any expert telling us that we have virtually zero chance of meeting anyone who has it. Stop spreading such dangerous bull**** that encourages people to throw caution to the wind. The advice is to be careful and follow the FACTS.

But since you are so keen on news coming from doctors in Italy, here's another link for you:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-warning-italy-effects-covid-19-could-worse-023000887.html
Effects of COVID-19 could be worse than first thought

"The long-term effects of COVID-19, even on people who suffered a mild infection, could be far worse than was originally anticipated, according to researchers and doctors in northern Italy.

Psychosis, insomnia, kidney disease, spinal infections, strokes, chronic tiredness and mobility issues are being identified in former coronavirus patients in Lombardy, the worst-affected region in the country.

The doctors warn that some victims may never recover from the illness and that all age groups are vulnerable."

By all means go out. But follow the guidelines, use a mask and maintain social distancing. This disease is no joke.

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You've been at it for weeks, not just with that link. Show me any expert telling us that we have virtually zero chance of meeting anyone who has it. Stop spreading such dangerous bull**** that encourages people to throw caution to the wind. The advice is to be careful and follow the FACTS.

But since you are so keen on news coming from doctors in Italy, here's another link for you:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-warning-italy-effects-covid-19-could-worse-023000887.html

By all means go out. But follow the guidelines, use a mask and maintain social distancing. This disease is no joke.

Yes absolutely wear a mask where appropriate 

mon excuse not to 

Governor Tarkin
We should request that a team of experts, using science, compile a list of Covid 19 pandemic related symptoms not directly attributable to infection by the virus itself.
These could include goodies such as extreme paranoia, overbearing pessimism, unemployment, depression, the breakdown of relashionships, illness or death due to the suspension of essential treatment or care, poverty, economic recession, years of austerity for our children's children and all of the joy that brings, geopolitical skullduggery by predatory foreign powers, etc, etc.

Or we could just castigate the one or two folk who are trying to maintain a more positive outlook throughout the whole shitshow.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:
We should request that a team of experts, using science, compile a list of Covid 19 pandemic related symptoms not directly attributable to infection by the virus itself.
These could include goodies such as extreme paranoia, overbearing pessimism, unemployment, depression, the breakdown of relashionships, illness or death due to the suspension of essential treatment or care, poverty, economic recession, years of austerity for our children's children and all of the joy that brings, geopolitical skullduggery by predatory foreign powers, etc, etc.

Or we could just castigate the one or two folk who are trying to maintain a more positive outlook throughout the whole shitshow.

I don't have a problem with people looking at the positives... aslong as it doesn't make people think things are ok now and they can go back to normal.

And they MUST wear a mask when appropriate

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It’s fine as it is because the Kickback experts are a good laugh.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I don't have a problem with people looking at the positives... aslong as it doesn't make people think things are ok now and they can go back to normal.

The biggest positive would be if you saw fit to stfu and jogged on.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The biggest positive would be if you saw fit to stfu and jogged on.

well you can jerk right off mate.  No need in the bullying behaviour

Governor Tarkin
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s fine as it is because the Kickback experts are a good laugh.

See if anyone was actually basing their actions on what @Enzo Chiefo from Kickback said then they probably shouldn't be allowed out on their own anyway.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Natural Orders said:

:rofl:

Relentless.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

See if anyone was actually basing their actions on what @Enzo Chiefo from Kickback said then they probably shouldn't be allowed out on their own anyway.

:lol:

Unknown user

You don't breathe out virions, you breath out vapour with virions suspended in it. 

If that guy's a doctor, I'm a lunar landing module.

2 hours ago, Gards said:

"Line of Attack"?  I just asked if the tweeter had a real name and if their tweet was verified.  If you think that's an attack then you have issues.

I already explained the context.

Line of attack would have been better framed as line of questioning.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You don't breathe out virions, you breath out vapour with virions suspended in it. 

If that guy's a doctor, I'm a lunar landing module.

Read the link I posted from the bbc mate.

Theres some debate amongst the science community on how exactly the virus travels.

Dont think Doc Graham is involved.🙂

I also posted an article from live science on the mask debate.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good on Primark for telling Rishi to bolt with his £1000 per employee £30m), as they don't need it. Let's hope McDonald's(£110m) and whetherspoons(43m) follow their lead. 

To be fair, Primark still had some income streams from online shopping. The other 2 didn't have that option. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Read the link I posted from the bbc mate.

Theres some debate amongst the science community on how exactly the virus travels.

Dont think Doc Graham is involved.🙂

I also posted an article from live science on the mask debate.

The link you posted says particles are suspended in vapour droplets. There's debate about what size of droplets may be carrying them, but as I said, you don't breathe out virions, you breath out vapour with virions suspended in it. 

The article suggests more widespread mask use may be required I see.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The link you posted says particles are suspended in vapour droplets. There's debate about what size of droplets may be carrying them, but as I said, you don't breathe out virions, you breath out vapour with virions suspended in it. 

The article suggests more widespread mask use may be required I see.

It does.

Just to be clear .

I have always worn a mask to do the shopping.

I'm quite the shopper mate got to do mines and my daughters who is shielding due to well never mind .

I follow the advice given but there is an awful lot that's up for debate.

The bbc article touches on droplets etc.

Just finding it a bit much when people put up posts and being lumped as being trumpesque.

The science behind some of the questioning on mask use and virus behaviour isnt being led by quacks.

Unknown user
Just now, jake said:

It does.

Just to be clear .

I have always worn a mask to do the shopping.

I'm quite the shopper mate got to do mines and my daughters who is shielding due to well never mind .

I follow the advice given but there is an awful lot that's up for debate.

The bbc article touches on droplets etc.

Just finding it a bit much when people put up posts and being lumped as being trumpesque.

The science behind some of the questioning on mask use and virus behaviour isnt being led by quacks.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I haven't called anyone Trumpesque.

I'm just saying that Doc Marten or WTF he's called is talking shite and he's never a doctor.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There does seem to be those that pull up bad news from anywhere.

Some it seems to me anyway are driven by politics over everything else.

Just now, Smithee said:

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I haven't called anyone Trumpesque.

I'm just saying that Doc Marten or WTF he's called is talking shite and he's never a doctor.

I know you haven't.

Doc Marten 😄.

Unknown user
58 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No need to be so rude, what a twit!

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Have you bought shares in a company supplying face masks?

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I wouldn’t worry about that man. You did nothing wrong. If the government is allowing things to open they must be fairly sure it’s safe to do so. I had a mate say he wasn’t going for weeks yet and thought I was being silly being out, were all at different points. I felt completely safe and I really enjoyed myself. 
My head is in a much better place tonight looking forward to the week ahead too👍🏼

Cheers.That'sts my rationale too. If the Govt has allowed opening of beer gardens etc then things must be relatively safe , albeit with face masks , hand sanitizer etc.  My friend is overly anxious type and never stops posting doom and gloom articles about the Virus on FB .    Yeah i enjoyed the other night and have no regrets.   I think there are now clearly two camps in the CV debate.  The people who are now going out and about , ( not just pubs) and feeling more comfortable , happy and relaxed outwith their house.  They are looking at the evidence and stats which clearly state a downward turn regarding the virus and like i said assessing their own risk and making  a reasoned assessment  based on facts ! . Whereas there is the other side who  are  over cautious / highly strung type / overly anxious type who just seem to skewer the figures for the virus to suit their narrative that its everywhere.   Thats my view anyway.  

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well said James. Hope you enjoyed your night out.

Thanks I did.  

Jambo 4 Ever
36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No need to be so rude, what a twit!

ummm he was the one who was more rude first mate!

Jambo 4 Ever
31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Have you bought shares in a company supplying face masks?

no but nothing wrong in repeating the message.  

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

ummm he was the one who was more rude first mate!

Yeah but I quite like him

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

🍻

13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:oohmatron:

🍻 🖕

As an aside, I see Hendersons have decided to call time on their deli/restaurant business after 50 odd years due to current situation. Over 40 employees shitcanned. Truly desperate stuff and a genuinely sad state of affairs.

Jambo 4 Ever
24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

if you fancy him then fair enough but no need to be biased 

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

if you fancy him then fair enough but no need to be biased 

Beg to differ, twit

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

🍻

🍻 🖕

As an aside, I see Hendersons have decided to call time on their deli/restaurant business after 50 odd years due to current situation. Over 40 employees shitcanned. Truly desperate stuff and a genuinely sad state of affairs.

Crap news..

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Zero deaths again today.

12 New cases reported in a Care Home in Glasgow. 

Yeah   i seen that, Its good to see there are tracing exactly where the " spikes" are and dealing with it. Very reassuring. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Just watching CNN and whilst we here in Europe seem to have got on top of this thing, it's a completely different story in America.

One the things which really stuck out, was that Florida had 15,000 new cases yesterday, 15,000 new cases just in one day, compare that to South Korea who has had a total of 13,500 in the last 6 months, and what does the White House & Trump do about it.

They attack Dr. Fauci and Trump retweets an unfounded claim that the CDC is lying about Covid-19.

2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, Primark still had some income streams from online shopping. The other 2 didn't have that option. 

Primark don't do online sales

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just watching CNN and whilst we here in Europe seem to have got on top of this thing, it's a completely different story in America.

One the things which really stuck out, was that Florida had 15,000 new cases yesterday, 15,000 new cases just in one day, compare that to South Korea who has had a total of 13,500 in the last 6 months, and what does the White House & Trump do about it.

They attack Dr. Fauci and Trump retweets an unfounded claim that the CDC is lying about Covid-19.

Yep. America is a more laissez-faire society however. 

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

By "at it for weeks ", that happily coincides with a period when cases, hospitals and deaths have been plummeting. The situation is improving rapidly and people and businesses are now starting to get back to normal so it is entirely appropriate to post positive news. It serves as an antidote to some of the scaremongering posted by the negative types on here.

I , and most people, don't need a f****n scientist or "expert" to tell us that we have next to no chance of meeting someone who is infected. There are an estimated 1000 people with the virus in Scotland out of a population of 6million. Use your own common sense. There haven't been any scientific trials with placebo parachutes so presumably you are still unconvinced about their worthiness?? Finally, I am not encouraging anyone to do anything. I'm sure everyone can make their own judgements.  We don't all need scientists to guide us through our daily decision making process. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Primark don't do online sales

Huh. Well, whaddya know, every day is a school day. Had no idea. 

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

Huh. Well, whaddya know, every day is a school day. Had no idea. 

Pretty crazy that they don't tbh

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic