Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

21 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

She saw you with a mask and started having a go at you for it with no other provocation on your part?

I was standing in the queue behind her.  I hadn't spoken to her, or even looked at her prior to joining the queue. 

It wasn't a go, but a deliberate comment said loud enough for me to hear. 

Not sure what you're expecting I did?  Vince McMahon'd it into the Sainsbury's on Perth Road, whilst giving it the Winston from Still Game "You're a prick, you're a prick, you're a dick" patter? :lol:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And there are thousands of things to pick from that'll do the job, covid is just one of them, however the way I'm seeing some people panic, you'd think that covid was THE ONLY thing that could kill them.

I had a wee think and I do not know anybody who has died from Covid, yet since February there has been 5 people whom I know who have died from other things, none related to covid or even suspected covid as they have been heart attacks, MND & just plain old age.

I dont know anyone who has had it or died from it. 

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s still

a taboo topic about women dying giving birth . Sadly it happens frequently . 

My wife had a blood clot after she gave birth but thankfully it was spotted  Pretty manageable with the right medication. Sadly for this girl it wasn't noticed. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

My wife had a blood clot after she gave birth but thankfully it was spotted  Pretty manageable with the right medication. Sadly for this girl it wasn't noticed. 

That's good she pulled through. Yes blood clots and loss of blood giving birth are the main issues which can cause death giving birth. 

Nicely spun by the Mirror as good news.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lockdown-uk-live-updates-coronavirus-22307301

UK official coronavirus death toll up by 126 in lowest Wednesday in lockdown

The UK coronavirus death toll has increased by 126, the latest official figures released today show.

This is the lowest daily reported death toll on a Wednesday since lockdown began.

AlimOzturk
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I was standing in the queue behind her.  I hadn't spoken to her, or even looked at her prior to joining the queue. 

Not sure what you're expecting I did?  Vince McMahon'd it into the Sainsbury's on Perth Road, whilst giving it the Winston from Still Game "You're a prick, you're a prick, you're a dick" patter? :lol:

😂 "Vince McMahon'd it" Nah, I just wondered why someone would just randomly have a go at someone for wearing a mask. Honestly thought it would be the other way round with a masked person having the digs at others not wearing them. 

She sounds like a right cow tbh. 

11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

When I wore my mask at sports direct last week, one woman looked at me as if I had just shat in her handbag.

Compare that to where I am in Spain at the moment, and it is night and day. You are stared at if you DON’T wear a mask!

Any time I’ve left the house since lockdown started, there have been more people not wearing masks than wearing them. 

Edited by jambo89

Nucky Thompson
31 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The cases have been surging massively for some time in the states and it makes me wonder why we haven’t seen scenes like New York anywhere else there?  Why’s the deaths still coming down when the cases are surging?  Anyone read anything about this?  

Also another day of single digit new infections in Scotland, another day of less than 1% of tests coming back as positive.  All excellent news here. 

A few health experts have said it's weakening but there is still no scientific evidence.

The Italian doctor who has been on the front line since the start said people in their 80's and 90's are now sitting up in bed without the need for oxygen where in March and April they were dying in 2 or 3 days.

When the USA had the same amount of infections in April as today, they were averaging 2200 deaths a day. Now they are averaging 300 or 400.

The doom mongers will try to shoot it down in flames though

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nicely spun by the Mirror as good news.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lockdown-uk-live-updates-coronavirus-22307301

UK official coronavirus death toll up by 126 in lowest Wednesday in lockdown

The UK coronavirus death toll has increased by 126, the latest official figures released today show.

This is the lowest daily reported death toll on a Wednesday since lockdown began.

The Mirror are usually the bearers of bad news though and love to show the Tories in a bad light

Jambo-Jimbo
27 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

This makes no sense. If you know someone who was run over and killed by a car that's certainly one way to die, but it's not infectious. If you know someone who died of cancer same again, that will do it, but it wont take anyone else with them.

There is a massive difference when we're talking a highly infectious disease than can and does kill. It has to be acknowledged that the entire world hasn't shut down on a mindless whim against the wishes of the politicians like Trump some of whom tried to brush it off much as you appear to be.

If you think that, then you haven't been paying attention then.

Jambo-Jimbo
27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s still

a taboo topic about women dying giving birth . Sadly it happens frequently . 

There was that lassie from Peebles who died in the ERI, last year I think it was, remember she went missing and they found her in a disused ward, she'd had a baby only a day or two previously.

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Couldn't ask for better care mate. Nursing staff and maternity wards are just incredible and you can tell they are completely devoted and passionate about their job. 

I'll second that.

NHS have always been absolutely top class with us whenever we've needed them for serious stuff.

jack D and coke
55 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

All very good giving folk 50% off but like most people I go out to eat and drink for the experience not to have to negotiate sign in registers, plastic screens, full blown hazard clothing and visors, social distancing and being treated like a disease ridden vecctors. Until that changes I won't be back. Long term, these places wont survive with these type of rules in place no.matter how generous the government grants are. 

I feel very same man. This is close to an extinction event as it gets for these businesses, I don’t think some people are grasping that. Want hard lockdown but don’t have their livelihoods riding on it. Hospitality, theatre, cinema, restaurants, concerts, the football ffs!! It’s all going to go down the kazi. We’ve apparently lost 18 years of economic growth already...
Imo Covid is not going to just go away, every easing of lockdown will bring it back In some form. 
We’re going to have to get on with this at some point. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There was that lassie from Peebles who died in the ERI, last year I think it was, remember she went missing and they found her in a disused ward, she'd had a baby only a day or two previously.

Tragic story . Yes I think she had some kind of dementia / brain fogging due to given birth I believe ? Not sure of the exact medical condition 

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Tragic story . Yes I think she had some kind of dementia / brain fogging due to given birth I believe ? Not sure of the exact medical condition 

She had a hemorrhage, that's what killed her seemingly, blood loss, but why she got confused and couldn't find her way back to Simpson's, and ended up in an unused ward, I don't know.

Yes tragic story.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She had a hemorrhage, that's what killed her seemingly, blood loss, but why she got confused and couldn't find her way back to Simpson's, and ended up in an unused ward, I don't know.

Yes tragic story.

It was awful 

Jambo 4 Ever
On 07/07/2020 at 13:08, Samuel Camazzola said:

ltfURdLV7rqnfmgbtY=

He talks more sense than most on here 

wear face masks - it’s very simple 

JudyJudyJudy

Some interesting stats from last week related to deaths from cv in Scotland .  I mean the graph right bottom. Interesting to note that " only " 4 males died who were under 64. No males died under 55. 

DF418207-32A5-424D-8F66-A1EDC91A097D.png

3CE1B576-B528-4C2F-8DDD-EDBF3D6001AD.png

Edited by JamesM48

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

All very good giving folk 50% off but like most people I go out to eat and drink for the experience not to have to negotiate sign in registers, plastic screens, full blown hazard clothing and visors, social distancing and being treated like a disease ridden vecctors. Until that changes I won't be back. Long term, these places wont survive with these type of rules in place no.matter how generous the government grants are. 

Is it not only for 13 days total in August ?

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Read @Enzo Chiefo's posts mate. 

Cheer you up no end. 👍

🤣. Hope you heard the bit in Rishi Sunak's statement about free beer for all the workers, Guv.  It just gets better👍

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Is it not only for 13 days total in August ?

There also recieving VAT reductions from 20% to 5% for 6moths not that it will see the reductuons passed onto the customers. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Enzo Chiefo
32 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A few health experts have said it's weakening but there is still no scientific evidence.

The Italian doctor who has been on the front line since the start said people in their 80's and 90's are now sitting up in bed without the need for oxygen where in March and April they were dying in 2 or 3 days.

When the USA had the same amount of infections in April as today, they were averaging 2200 deaths a day. Now they are averaging 300 or 400.

Good post NT

Governor Tarkin

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣. Hope you heard the bit in Rishi Sunak's statement about free beer for all the workers, Guv.  It just gets better👍

I did indeed, Enzo. Touch of class from the chap. 👍

:sweeet:

vegas-voss
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I feel very same man. This is close to an extinction event as it gets for these businesses, I don’t think some people are grasping that. Want hard lockdown but don’t have their livelihoods riding on it. Hospitality, theatre, cinema, restaurants, concerts, the football ffs!! It’s all going to go down the kazi. We’ve apparently lost 18 years of economic growth already...
Imo Covid is not going to just go away, every easing of lockdown will bring it back In some form. 
We’re going to have to get on with this at some point. 

Thats why I think some kind of disclaimer is going to have to come in.All these businesses need casual customers to survive not just the hardcore that will put up with measures.Its a nightmare scenario to be honest but i dont think folk really want hard lockdown apart from nutters on twitter bumping their gums.

vegas-voss
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There also recieving VAT reductions from 20% to 5% for 6moths not that it will see the reductuons passed onto the customers. 

Aye i was just on about the customer 50% off thing sorry.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Thats why I think some kind of disclaimer is going to have to come in.All these businesses need casual customers to survive not just the hardcore that will put up with measures.Its a nightmare scenario to be honest but i dont think folk really want hard lockdown apart from nutters on twitter bumping their gums.

I doubt very much there will be a full lockdown again. People wouldn't stand for it. The impact on everyone's mental health would be even greater and of course the economy would be ruined. Localised spikes and lockdowns will be the way forward. 

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Is it "mandatory" to wear a mask in a train station? Or just as you board one? 

I work at Waverley and it’s certainly seems to be mandatory there. 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Good news 

Shanks said no
40 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Probably coz you are only supposed to meet with up to 2 other households in pubs (outdoors at the moment) whereas on transport and shops you are nearby many different households and usually  in recycled air

Didn’t realise there was a 2 other household rule, which we broke in the beer garden on Monday night. The booking was in someone else’s name anyway and she didn’t turn up. 

I was in the office this morning and there were numerous different households there. Yet another inconsistency. 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Was at the Royal Infirmary a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised that hardly anyone was wearing one.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

993 yesterday. I suspect deaths will increase as the increase in infections really took hold a couple of weeks ago

Jambo-Jimbo
57 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

At the risk of being labelled a 'doom' mongerer', which I don't think I am.

The new infections in the US are seemingly predominantly amongst the 18 to 24 age group, and as we know they tend to fair better in terms of severity of this illness, the fear is that they infect their parents and grandparents.  I would think by the end of this month we'll know for sure, if there isn't an increase of deaths, then maybe it's weakening, on the other hand.......guess time will tell.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Was at the Royal Infirmary a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised that hardly anyone was wearing one.

Staff or visitors?

AlimOzturk
11 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Just I cut through there often but I can't see anything in the rules apart from shops and public transport. 

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just I cut through there often but I can't see anything in the rules apart from shops and public transport. 

I’ve been off work for 10 days but there were network rail staff at the entrances providing masks to passengers. 
As far as I’m aware though, only the btp can encore it. 

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

At the risk of being labelled a 'doom' mongerer', which I don't think I am.

The new infections in the US are seemingly predominantly amongst the 18 to 24 age group, and as we know they tend to fair better in terms of severity of this illness, the fear is that they infect their parents and grandparents.  I would think by the end of this month we'll know for sure, if there isn't an increase of deaths, then maybe it's weakening, on the other hand.......guess time will tell.

As bad as it sounds over there who’s to say in 5 years time it doesn’t turn out to be the best place. We just don’t know...
IMO jim hiding from it is just keeping it in storage. It’s waiting for us to come out again. 

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And there are thousands of things to pick from that'll do the job, covid is just one of them, however the way I'm seeing some people panic, you'd think that covid was THE ONLY thing that could kill them.

I had a wee think and I do not know anybody who has died from Covid, yet since February there has been 5 people whom I know who have died from other things, none related to covid or even suspected covid as they have been heart attacks, MND & just plain old age.

Seen a bloke out running today, he was on a path beside a road which was about 1 - 1.5m wide, there was a wall on one side of the path about 4foot high.  A cyclist was heading towards him on on the path and, like Spider-Man he jumped up the wall to allow the cyclist to pass.....wtf.....if your that worried or paranoid stay home.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Seen a bloke out running today, he was on a path beside a road which was about 1 - 1.5m wide, there was a wall on one side of the path about 4foot high.  A cyclist was heading towards him on on the path and, like Spider-Man he jumped up the wall to allow the cyclist to pass.....wtf.....if your that worried or paranoid stay home.

Maybe he was Spider-man.

Jambo 4 Ever
32 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I’ve been off work for 10 days but there were network rail staff at the entrances providing masks to passengers. 
As far as I’m aware though, only the btp can encore it. 

What do you work as there?

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As bad as it sounds over there who’s to say in 5 years time it doesn’t turn out to be the best place. We just don’t know...
IMO jim hiding from it is just keeping it in storage. It’s waiting for us to come out again. 

It's not going to be disappearing, probably going to be endemic like flu. Read an article that said to have any chance at all of of completely eradicating it every last human on the planet, all 8 billion or so, would have to be dosed with a vaccine.

That's not going to be happening. An estimated 10% or so of the US population alone are anti vax nuts. Right there you're looking at over 30 million in a single country who will keep it circulating permanently.

To my knowledge the only virus we have ever completely eradicated was smallpox. But I suspect that's something even the anti vax simpletons may have acquiesced to.

People tend to desist from being a complete tit when they're looking at a 30% mortality rate. And something that makes you look like this. Even if you survive this you're going to be badly scarred. Also this didn't mutate.

smallpoxman.jpg

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It's not going to be disappearing, probably going to be endemic like flu. Read an article that said to have any chance at all of of completely eradicating it every last human on the planet, all 8 billion or so, would have to be dosed with a vaccine.

That's not going to be happening. An estimated 10% or so of the US population alone are anti vax nuts. Right there you're looking at over 30 million in a single country who will keep it circulating permanently.

To my knowledge the only virus we have ever completely eradicated was smallpox. But I suspect that's something even the anti vax simpletons may have acquiesced to.

People tend to desist from being a complete tit when they're looking at a 30% mortality rate. And something that makes you look like this. Even if you survive this you're going to be badly scarred. Also this didn't mutate.

smallpoxman.jpg

Bloody hell....

Yeah the anti vaxxers will ensure this isn’t ever going anywhere. People who think its 5G networks or it’s Bill Gates plan to have a microchip up our ring so he can control us. Jesus ****ing wept man...

It’s alarming the amount of people who have disappeared down these rabbit holes and try to convince you to come down it with them.
My Facebook is full of these mutants. 

Jambo-Jimbo
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No arguements from me there.

Without a 'magic bullet' treatment or a vaccine or even herd immunity, what are we going to do, run, hide and panic for the rest of our lives, or take whatever precautions we can and get on with our lives the best we can and learn to live with this thing, because that's exactly what we might just have to do.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I doubt very much there will be a full lockdown again. People wouldn't stand for it. The impact on everyone's mental health would be even greater and of course the economy would be ruined. Localised spikes and lockdowns will be the way forward. 

Sorry James you’re a good poster (I ain’t having a pop) on this subject but do you really think that in maybe a year or even two years time we’re getting Edinburgh locked down? Everything closed time and again? For something that we might never find a vaccine for?
I just don’t see that I honestly don’t. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Without a 'magic bullet' treatment or a vaccine or even herd immunity, what are we going to do, run, hide and panic for the rest of our lives, or take whatever precautions we can and get on with our lives the best we can and learn to live with this thing, because that's exactly what we might just have to do.

It’s exactly what we’re going to have to do. 
Imo mate👍🏼

Jambo-Jimbo
12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I had a wifey cross the road onto my side, then about 20 feet away from me cross back over to the other side, and I thought why have you just done that, you've only just crossed onto my side, then I looked over the road and seen someone walking on the other pavement.

She'd crossed the road to avoid them, then crossed back again to avoid me.

Some people are in real danger of worrying & panicking themselves into an early grave.

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Bloody hell....

Yeah the anti vaxxers will ensure this isn’t ever going anywhere. People who think its 5G networks or it’s Bill Gates plan to have a microchip up our ring so he can control us. Jesus ****ing wept man...

It’s alarming the amount of people who have disappeared down these rabbit holes and try to convince you to come down it with them.
My Facebook is full of these mutants. 

Or it all being a plot by the 'deep state', as was said to a Sky News reporter in Texas by some woman who was having a go at her for wearing a face mask, when nobody else was.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Pretty obvious we can't go on like this indefinitely, and yes we're probably just going to have to get used to living/dying with it. Just like our ancestors had to with countless infectious diseases we can now control.

The current generation in particular say from the second half of the 20th century onwards have lived a magical existence unknown to any previous generations. We became used to thinking we had deadly infectious disease licked.

Hence the mass distress when nature simply resets back to normality and effectively says to us who do you think you're kidding. My own parents and grandparents lived in fear of many more infectious diseases than we ever have.

I suspect the only thing we can do in the short to medium term is develop effective regular testing maybe in schools, workplaces, etc and try to isolate it as much as possible as soon as it's detected.

We might also be looking at a future where people living into their 80's which is common now may not be so common. The high risk groups may be gradually whittled down as it circulates around.

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I had a wifey cross the road onto my side, then about 20 feet away from me cross back over to the other side, and I thought why have you just done that, you've only just crossed onto my side, then I looked over the road and seen someone walking on the other pavement.

She'd crossed the road to avoid them, then crossed back again to avoid me.

Some people are in real danger of worrying & panicking themselves into an early grave.

Met a woman this morning seeing a job. She was masked up, kept backing away from me and I wasn’t getting into her bubble at all. Touched everything from door handles to light switches with a wipe...then wiped her hands after that with another wipe...the amount of paranoid obsessive compulsive people after this is going to be just mental. Anxiety and depression will be the best biggest problems. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic