Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

14 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

It would fit, and if that's the case its only going to get worse. Hope not though.

15 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Figures for admissions to hospitals & ICU beds showing an upturn in London area. 

Week 22 is 3 weeks after VE day. 

Hopefully not a sign of things to come but an anomaly. 

20200528_182648.jpg

That'll be the Hyde Park anti-lockdown protesters from the 16th May hitting the hospitals now.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That'll be the Hyde Park anti-lockdown protesters from the 16th May hitting the hospitals now.

What a shame.

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Number of people tested in the UK has been 'unavailable' for 6 days in a row. 

The Telegraph yesterday reported approx. 118,000 tests along with the numbersof total deaths and cases. 

Could find no confirmation in the Guardian which seems to have stopped reporting these numbers... crowded out maybe by the 9 or so daily pages on Cummings

The Internet
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The Telegraph yesterday reported approx. 118,000 tests along with the numbersof total deaths and cases. 

Could find no confirmation in the Guardian which seems to have stopped reporting these numbers... crowded out maybe by the 9 or so daily pages on Cummings

Yeah they used to report number of people tested along with the actual number of tests but that's stopped recently. 

18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Also

:vrface: :vrface:

Talk about making things worse for yourself, what a disaster her post is:jj_facepalm:

Out of interest though is Owen Williams statement accurate? Pretty sure if the UK PM wanted to change the rules in Wales he could?

JudyJudyJudy
16 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Have you spent much time in private care homes, mate? They're ghastly places. 

Have an inquiry into the care home deaths by all means but have a big person's conversation about what kind of care for the elderly/end of life care a rich country like ours thinks should exist while you're at it because  what does exist was failing old people and their families long before this started. 

Very true . My friend used to manAger of a council run home and it was far superior to private ones . Residents treated very professionally and most workers had to have some level of qualifications . They also had a “ bar “ in the home , and residents were allowed to have “ friends” stay over !!!’ Quite progressive really . Also if another resident started a relationship with another they were allowed to have a shared room . 

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very true . My friend used to manAger of a council run home and it was far superior to private ones . Residents treated very professionally and most workers had to have some level of qualifications . They also had a “ bar “ in the home , and residents were allowed to have “ friends” stay over !!!’ Quite progressive really . Also if another resident started a relationship with another they were allowed to have a shared room . 

Edited by scott herbertson
unwise joke

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Talk about making things worse for yourself, what a disaster her post is:jj_facepalm:

Out of interest though is Owen Williams statement accurate? Pretty sure if the UK PM wanted to change the rules in Wales he could?

A prime example of why contraceptive should be dosed into the tap water.  

Jambo-Jimbo
16 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

I haven’t spent any time in Care Homes (private or otherwise). But I can certainly believe they are not great places. 

My point above was really just addressing the insinuation that private for profit care homes would inherently perform worse in terms of mortality rate due to the fact they make profit. From a purely economic perspective that would not really make sense. 

Re-reading my post it could come across as a bit crass, hope it didn’t as that defo was not my intention. 

There are often waiting lists for elderly people to go into care homes, the sad reality is that most/all of those thousands of deaths that have occured in care homes, a lot of those spaces will be filled by new elderly residents over the coming months.

17 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

The four boats anchored near North Berwick any links to thier origins or any ideas  why they are there !! No space at ports I dare say but looks eary

Your right no space at ports and I don't think any other country wanted them in their ports anyway. 

17 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Total aside but that app is quality. 

I've often wondered whats been anchored off Dunbar 👍

Even more of an aside but between marinetraffic and flightradar24 it's quite fascinating to see what's on the move all over the world.

Horatio Caine

Trains apparently doing a roaring trade at Balloch.  One reported as standing room only. FFS.

manaliveits105

Unfortunately the underclasses will be out the traps in their droves having barbies & perties with many more than 8 from 2 households 

barry likesy whit a blast man - taps aff - whos goat cherlie ?

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Even more of an aside but between marinetraffic and flightradar24 it's quite fascinating to see what's on the move all over the world.

Already got flightradar24.

How depressingly middle aged 😂

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Unfortunately the underclasses will be out the traps in their droves having barbies & perties with many more than 8 from 2 households 

Don't think Nicola would hesitate in locking up if need be. We will most likely see in the next week or two sadly.

Hopefully the Virus has mutated into a weaker state

Edited by Jeff

The thing to remember is it isn’t in the virus’s interest to kill. 

Hopefully mutations are weaker and this gradually fizzles out. Feels like that’s the reaction already though regardless...

We are at least a week to early in easing the lockdown. The R number is still to high. The numbers of deaths need to be well below 100 on a regular basis before we ease it. Boris was warned last night live on TV by his scientific advisors but Bumbling Boris knows best!

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

We are at least a week to early in easing the lockdown. The R number is still to high. The numbers of deaths need to be well below 100 on a regular basis before we ease it. Boris was warned last night live on TV by his scientific advisors but Bumbling Boris knows best!

The same advisors who weren't allowed to answer questions. Boris is far too influenced by Donald

8 minutes ago, kila said:

The thing to remember is it isn’t in the virus’s interest to kill. 

Hopefully mutations are weaker and this gradually fizzles out. Feels like that’s the reaction already though regardless...

You'd think South Korea especially would have higher rates if it wasn't weaker. Here's hoping

Lifted from the Guardian.

NHS England has announced the deaths of 149 more people who had tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total number of confirmed deaths in hospitals in England to 26,383. 

However, only 36 of the deaths occurred yesterday, while 59 occurred on 27 May and 17 on 26 May. 

The figures also show that 30 of the news deaths took place between 3 May and 25 May, while six occurred in April, one one took place on 19 March.

NHS England releases updated figures each day of coronavirus-related deaths in hospitals in England, often including previously uncounted deaths. 

This is because of the time it takes for deaths to be confirmed as testing positive for Covid-19, for post-mortem examinations to be processed and for data from the test to be validated. 

The latest figures show that 8 April continues to have the highest number of hospital deaths in a single day, with a current total of 893.

It’s starting to look a lot better thankfully, be nice to see some family members and friends that we all haven’t seen for a while. 

vegas-voss

Went round to the shop this afternoon and got to say it was nice to hear the noise of kids playing for a change as its usually dead quiet on the walk round.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m glad it’s not compulsory to visit in laws.

😅😅

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

What a judegemental post.  

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

It's an understandable mistake you've made, but even though he cuts about in grey jobbie catchers, Dominic Cummings isn't actually a member of the underclass.

vegas-voss
12 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It's an understandable mistake you've made, but even though he cuts about in grey jobbie catchers, Dominic Cummings isn't actually a member of the underclass.

😁

JudyJudyJudy

I was walking along Gorgie and I almost thought it was a mirage...:  )   People drinking 2 pint lager ( they only do these glasses), outside " Jessie Mays pub,  all social distancing..i was salivating at the site..

dobmisterdobster

There is an "Independent SAGE" group masquerading as the real SAGE.

Govt needs to issue a cease and desist.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Already got flightradar24.

Free or subscribed? Wondering if it's worth going for one of the subscriptions?

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

How depressingly middle aged 😂

Middle-aged? I think I remember that :lol: 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Boof said:

Free or subscribed? Wondering if it's worth going for one of the subscriptions?

Middle-aged? I think I remember that :lol: 

Not worth the subscription unless you been to know the pilots name 😂

CavySlaveJambo
4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

****ing monkeys

We need more of these new stories. 
but cheeky monkeys 

Days are numbered on furlough.   I'll be back soon by the looks of it.    Getting up and running again is unavoidable I suppose.   

Just for a matter of interest this plane landed at Edinburgh airport this morning😳

E68AEC76-0F1E-4193-9B7A-39A89E618F81.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Just for a matter of interest this plane landed at Edinburgh airport this morning😳

Came in empty and left with circa 250 Chinese nationals back to X'ian

Dagger Is Back
On 28/05/2020 at 20:23, Ferris Bueller said:

The four boats anchored near North Berwick any links to thier origins or any ideas  why they are there !! No space at ports I dare say but looks eary

Nothing to worry about. Just moored here and taking advantage of the shelter and deep mooring

21 minutes ago, Gulpener said:

Came in empty and left with circa 250 Chinese nationals back to X'ian

It’s unusual for a jumbo to land at Edinburgh I thought it might be bringing in PPE. Repartition of Chinese Nationals back to Peking also unusual. 

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

It’s unusual for a jumbo to land at Edinburgh I thought it might be bringing in PPE. Repartition of Chinese Nationals back to Peking also unusual. 

Getting their nationals out before the impending war with the west 👍

9 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

I always thought that 747s were too heavy to take off from EDI. Must have been wrong, wonder why there's none routinely operating?

40 minutes ago, pablo said:

I always thought that 747s were too heavy to take off from EDI. Must have been wrong, wonder why there's none routinely operating?

Air France and Aer Lingus used to send 747's for the 5 Nations rugby. Weight is all dependent on fuel load, amount of passengers and amount of cargo/luggage. A lightly loaded 747 would have no problem departing Edinburgh.

There is not enough demand to regularly fill a 747 and compared with modern twin engined (B787, A350) they are way more inefficient. That's why many airlines are withdrawing them.

There is still a use for them as freighters though.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic