Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not directed at you at all but did they provide data or is it a 'Sajid Javid says' job?

If Sajid Javid told me it was sunny i'd pack a brolly.

See the link below from the UKHSA dated 1 January 2022.

https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2022/01/01/using-lateral-flow-tests-to-reduce-the-self-isolation-period/ 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I take you need a -ve test over two days to get out on day 5 though? Which will mitigate some of the potential damage

Do the same as us for day 7 

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks for sharing FF.

The data for restrictions and removal of restrictions should be in the public domain for us all to see. That said, the burden for increasing restrictions is understandably higher imo as one of course removing people's liberty rather than returning it which is a very different thing.

58 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I can only say what I heard on TV that they had the tightest and highest numbers, if that is wrong then it's just another nail in the coffin of the media in this country.

You claim Oz doesn't have the harshest restrictions then who does? The media keep telling us how hard they are and this case with the tennis how hard it is to even move from state to state.

As for numbers it's the Scottish government that are using numbers to justify restrictions, I have always maintained the numbers who catch it don't count and therefore the restrictions are unjustified.

So rather that trying to twist my words ,maybe try reading what is said and if you have an alternative viewpoint then post it.

Re: the harshest - I'd say China.

I'm not twisting your words at all. You're twisting yourself up in knots.

45 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Re: the harshest - I'd say China.

I'm not twisting your words at all. You're twisting yourself up in knots.

Sure it's not Scotland? Especially with our power made tyrant clinging desperately on to her restrictions, so she can control us all.

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I take you need a -ve test over two days to get out on day 5 though? Which will mitigate some of the potential damage

Yes . 

21 hours ago, redjambo said:

This is what gets me. Suddenly Serbia and Serbs are the whitest of angels because Novak doesn't want to take a vaccine. And meanwhile Rafal has become the devil incarnate because he dared say something that wasn't complimentary to Novak's stance and actions. :D It's like being back in the school playground.

:D Oops, wrong thread, but the observation still stands.

Yes wrong thread. There has been ample discussion on Novak on the Novak thread. Thats why it named after him. 

20 hours ago, redjambo said:

Like Kyrgios did? Here's your comment from the Novak thread: " Kyrios and others thank you for putting your head on the parapet and not being afraid to voice you're views."

So you're very happy that Nick and others expressed their views but Rafal, because his views do not correspond with yours, should have kept silent?

Do you not see how dangerous this is in society - that you're all in favour of free speech but only as long as you agree with what folk are saying?

And all Rafal did anyway was to point out that if Novak had been vaccinated he would be playing. A straight forward indisputable fact. Why should Nadal have expanded his thoughts to say that people have a right not to be vaccinated? Perhaps Rafal doesn't actually believe that. It shows yet again that you wanted him to say what you believe in - otherwise you want his views muzzled.

"Do you not see  how dangerous this is in society - that you're all in favour of free speech but only as long as you agree with what folk are saying?

Says the guy who roundly condemns " anti vaxxers" for having their view however unpalatable it might be. Everyone is entitled to their views. Everyone. However they should also be challenged about them but should never be silenced. Nadal has been a hypocrite. 

Anyway there is a somewhat redundant thread now regarding Novak so post on that if you want . 

image-17-01-22-02-13.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Do the same as us for day 7 

Not quite. It is negative tests on day 5 and day 6. Once you have that day 6 one you are out. Or at least that is what I have read somewhere

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Not quite. It is negative tests on day 5 and day 6. Once you have that day 6 one you are out. Or at least that is what I have read somewhere

Yes and ofcourse in Scotland its very different. If you have two negative tests after day 6 and 7 you can stop isolation even if you still have a cough as that can carry on for weeks and sometimes months. If you still text positive on day 10 you can still end isolation as it is considered you have very low levels of the virus which are unlikely to be transmittable. You can actually test positive for several weeks after having it. I didn't know that. Was surprised when i read that. 

Footballfirst

For the stats watchers, it looks like the SG is shifting the focus away from case numbers.

The PHS dashboard still gives the headline numbers for combined +ve tests (PCR, LFT+PCR and LFT only), but their reporting on case rates per 100k, positivity rates, neighbourhood rates, and cases by NHS Board has been changed to only report PCR test results.

Last week's removal of the need for for a follow up PCR tests for asymptomatic people with a +ve LFT result has resulted in the proportion of "LFT only" results rising considerably, e.g. of today's 6,221 cases, 3,928 (63%) were LFT only". That in itself is encouraging if the majority of cases are now asymptomatic.  It was previously estimated that around a third of cases with previous variants were asymptomatic. 

Ex member of the SaS

For what it's worth. I was talking to a phsychiatric nurse ( male ) on Sunday. He told me that if he went to a covid center giving jabs he would have been paid his hourly rate, but doctors and those ( people off the street ) who took a four hour instruction course were getting £50/patient. Can't vouch for any of this, only going on what he said, and I have known him for a while and never had any wrong info before.

Been saying all along follow the money and shows if reports are true doctors had an incentive to push the jabs.

I'm glad you told us he was a male psychiatric nurse, otherwise I'd think they were talking pish. Actually, I still do.

£50 a patient :lol: 

Edited by Ray Gin

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm glad you told us he was a male psychiatric nurse, otherwise I'd think they were talking pish. Actually, I still do.

No, he was serious and he works at Carstairs.

47 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

For what it's worth. I was talking to a phsychiatric nurse ( male ) on Sunday. He told me that if he went to a covid center giving jabs he would have been paid his hourly rate, but doctors and those ( people off the street ) who took a four hour instruction course were getting £50/patient. Can't vouch for any of this, only going on what he said, and I have known him for a while and never had any wrong info before.

Been saying all along follow the money and shows if reports are true doctors had an incentive to push the jabs.

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned previously in regards to GPs on this thread. Can't remember the source or who posted it though.

Edit: from memory I don't think the stated figure was as high as £50 though.

Edited by Taffin

35 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No, he was serious and he works at Carstairs.

I'm sorry but either you or your mate are at the wind-up. Or he is actually your nurse

Nucky Thompson
53 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't be £50 a shot, they'd be earning more than John Souter :biggrin2:

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yep that’s true , my partner is a mid wife and is going on a course for vaccinations . 

She mentioned £50 Per vaccination

53 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I'm sorry but either you or your mate are at the wind-up. Or he is actually your nurse

:laugh:

21 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Yep that’s true , my partner is a mid wife and is going on a course for vaccinations . 

She mentioned £50 Per vaccination

😂😂 See post above your one for the facts

Edited by XB52

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Sure it's not Scotland? Especially with our power made tyrant clinging desperately on to her restrictions, so she can control us all.

:illogical:

jack D and coke
19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I heard a funny story from a mate. There’s some junkie they know who’s been taking loads of jabs for people who wanted their vaccine passports but didn’t want to take the jabs. He was doing it for people for £50 a pop and has apparently had 14 :lol: 

I suppose if that doesn’t prove they’re safe nothing will. 

Ex member of the SaS

GP's £12.58 ( Unless their health board are paying more )

There are different rates of pay for vaccinator staff. 

This looks like both could be true then eh?

I only posted what I was told and the guy is genuine and never before given false info. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I heard a funny story from a mate. There’s some junkie they know who’s been taking loads of jabs for people who wanted their vaccine passports but didn’t want to take the jabs. He was doing it for people for £50 a pop and has apparently had 14 :lol: 

14 doses! Some racket.:rofl:

Is your friend a male or female? I find it hard to know how much to trust the story without this being defined.

Jeffros Furios
41 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The story I heard was a group of English lads on holiday in Spain who did the same ,

Supposedly the junkies were  making a fortune .

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

14 doses! Some racket.:rofl:

Is your friend a male or female? I find it hard to know how much to trust the story without this being defined.

Male :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The story I heard was a group of English lads on holiday in Spain who did the same ,

Supposedly the junkies were  making a fortune .

Entrepreneurial qualities 😄

Holyrood briefing later.  I don't think there's any doubt that the hospitality distancing and table service measures will be removed from the 24th.  What will be interesting will be what's said regarding the certification system.  Recently it has sounded fairly certain that they're determined to keep it and expand it into more settings.  But it's likely to be completely ditched in England very soon so there would be a glaring divergence.  

I just don't see any way they can justify it's use in all hospitality settings so it will be interesting to find out the latest direction of travel.

jack D and coke

I think it’s time to get the brakes off in all honesty. It’s not came to very much and everyone I’ve spoken to who’s had it this time has said not really bad at all. Compared to the first wave when some people told me it was pretty awful. 
I don’t see the need for anymore heavy measures tbh. 
I say purely out of hope more than anything but it’s surely getting to the point of deciding it’s here and we can’t control viruses without enormous damage everywhere else. It’s not going to kill anyone more than anything else might and we have to get on. 
Im not for listening to much more of her harder rules. It’s a breaking point for me. 

Lifting restrictions while maintaining  covid passport conditions would appear to be contradictory to me. If it’s okay to mingle freely then ffs forget the passport. 

Footballfirst
55 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Holyrood briefing later.  I don't think there's any doubt that the hospitality distancing and table service measures will be removed from the 24th.  What will be interesting will be what's said regarding the certification system.  Recently it has sounded fairly certain that they're determined to keep it and expand it into more settings.  But it's likely to be completely ditched in England very soon so there would be a glaring divergence.  

I just don't see any way they can justify it's use in all hospitality settings so it will be interesting to find out the latest direction of travel.

I think that certification is more likely to be a tool under a new framework going forward, should there be new variants or a new surge.

I'm looking for a week on week easing of restrictions, with perhaps only mask wearing in shops and public transport lasting until the spring. 

Nucky Thompson
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think it’s time to get the brakes off in all honesty. It’s not came to very much and everyone I’ve spoken to who’s had it this time has said not really bad at all. Compared to the first wave when some people told me it was pretty awful. 
I don’t see the need for anymore heavy measures tbh. 
I say purely out of hope more than anything but it’s surely getting to the point of deciding it’s here and we can’t control viruses without enormous damage everywhere else. It’s not going to kill anyone more than anything else might and we have to get on. 
Im not for listening to much more of her harder rules. It’s a breaking point for me. 

Exactly the approach that England will be taking. It will be dragged out up here though 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly the approach that England will be taking. It will be dragged out up here though 

Correct Nucky.

Id be amazed if VP were extended to other areas. I cant see that happening but you never know . They need repealed as there has been little to zero evidence they have been effective.

I wonder what Tynie will be like tonight as it seems at Parkhead the scanning of the VP were rigorously enforced much to the anger of many fans. 

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

hat certification is more likely to be a tool under a new framework going forward, should there be new variants or a new surge.

So you are thinking that they may be used permanently as a " tool" in the future despite zero to little evidence of any effectiveness of them ?  

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I’m not sure it’s by design but if it helps nudge NS along then fine with me. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Nae doubt wee Nippy will be spouting more pish stringing restrictions oot for as long as she can, no more than 2 different households to a table, no more than one pint of beer after 6pm, After eight mints can only be taken AFTER 8pm, do not walk the grass 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Can't see any need for passports at all. What do they prove? All they prove is you have had jabs ( 1, 2 or 3 ) because you can still catch and infect even after jabs so just what does the passport do? If they suggested tests before entering it would make more sense as that would prove you are negative upon entering. Trying to check passports for events like football just makes a mockery of the system.

SG suggesting it encourages people to get the booster, but does it really?  With so many having had the jabs and covid there can hardly be anyone left that is at serious risk.

37 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Lifting restrictions while maintaining  covid passport conditions would appear to be contradictory to me. If it’s okay to mingle freely then ffs forget the passport. 

Exactly . What’s the point of them . Ludicrous . 

4 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Nae doubt wee Nippy will be spouting more pish stringing restrictions oot for as long as she can, no more than 2 different households to a table, no more than one pint of beer after 6pm, After eight mints can on be taken AFTER 8pm 

Oh it’s her last hurray really regarding control and power due to health being devolved . Who would have predicted that having health delivers  would cause so much conflict and disharmony between the nations at a time of  a national health crisis . A time when unity was needed . 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly . What’s the point of them . Ludicrous . 

Oh it’s her last hurray really regarding control and power due to health being devolved . Who would have predicted that having health delivers  would cause so much conflict and disharmony between the nations at a time of  a national health crisis . A time when unity was needed . 

This is what I don't get. Take N Ireland for example, they would have been better joining with the south and having a unified system as they are all part of one island. The same here with us and Wales all connected to England by land border so why all three couldn't get together and have  consistent rules throughout.

Dennis Denuto

While we are still encouraging people to test and get boosters etc I can see some merit in extending VPs to hospitality seetings. I am sure it is better for them to check VPs and tests than to be closed or restricted.

Personally I would rather that and do away with masks.

9 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Nae doubt wee Nippy will be spouting more pish stringing restrictions oot for as long as she can, no more than 2 different households to a table, no more than one pint of beer after 6pm, After eight mints can only be taken AFTER 8pm, do not walk the grass 

I would say there is a large doubt about what you think she'll say...and I'm willing to put good money on the above being way wrong !

Apart from the after eights !

Who does that ?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So you are thinking that they may be used permanently as a " tool" in the future despite zero to little evidence of any effectiveness of them ?  

Th SG is planning a new framework of measures of living with Covid.  I expect it to include measures that they will introduce should there be a new virus, variant or spike that is worse than Omicron/Delta/Alpha.

I believe that certification will form part of any response.

I've adapted my views on the effectiveness of certain measures as the pandemic has progressed.  If we have a highly transmissible variant (like Omicron), then measures short of a full lockdown or tinkering at the edges will have little impact.  With less transmissible variants, then there may be a case for doing nothing, or reducing risks in certain settings through mask wearing or certification.

What do you think the SG should do in the event of a new virus, variant or spike?  Do nothing and let it rip, regardless?

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Th SG is planning a new framework of measures of living with Covid.  I expect it to include measures that they will introduce should there be a new virus, variant or spike that is worse than Omicron/Delta/Alpha.

I've adapted my views on the effectiveness of certain measures as the pandemic has progressed.  If we have a highly transmissible variant (like Omicron), then measures short of a full lockdown or tinkering at the edges will have little impact.  With less transmissible variants, then there may be a case for doing nothing, or reducing risks in certain settings through mask wearing or certification.

What do you think the SG should do in the event of a new virus, variant or spike?  Do nothing and let it rip, regardless?

It is a difficult question to answer as it is not a simple binary situation of rip or lockdown, however there is definitely an argument for short strict lockdowns while situations are developing, especially a new virus.

Hopefully this is not something we see again in our lifetimes though.

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Basically yes, no one bothered their a$%£ about the flu ( see how many it killed each year ) and with so many vaccinated or had a version of covid then our basic immunity should see us through. That is not to say those who are at serious risk due to underlying problems, shouldn't take extra care or self isolate, but it should be down to the individual what risk they are willing to take.

When this pandemic started and people were dying in Italy they were worried it could be the next black death and rightly took drastic measures to combat it. However it has proven not to be the millions dying as they thought, and as the virus as proven even less of a threat, then people should be allowed to make their own choices.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Treat any new variant or spike as we did with past outbreaks. Vaccinate the vulnerable. 

How many people took up the flu vax in the past ?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )