Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

42 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Ooh, interesting, they contradict (use different terminology with different meaning) even on their own site!

The quote I lifted was from the press release hosted on the .gov site 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/prime-minister-sets-out-roadmap-to-cautiously-ease-lockdown-restrictions

They're a slippery bunch.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

https://apple.news/AL8r8VWglQ3yoRL5pf02hZg

Bojo saying good chance 1m plus rule to be scraped at 21 June. 

There should be a good chance given what his roadmap said (or maybe said depending on where they post it as Detty and I have found!) and all the criteria appearing to be hit.

There should be a good chance that all limits on social contact will be lifted in June but I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Taffin

18 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Says the guy who called a person a conspiracy theory “ bam “ in an early posting . 

Fly with the crows...

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Jonesy, I say the following with no offence intended;

Away and shite!

Carlson is a weapons grade arsehole!

Would do more for people’s health if Carlson was muzzled, not just masked. Thoroughly enjoyable seeing his facade drop when he got wrecked and tilted hard by Rutger Bregman.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

At some point I'm worried that ardent mask-wearers will 'call me out' for my 'oxygen privilege'. 

LOL  

23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Fly with the crows...

Awe didums 

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No offence taken Konnie. 

I didn't really expect to find much common ground on here when it comes to his views. Indeed, like all of those in or hovering around the political sphere, he is undoubtedly a hypocrite in some way shape or form, but I do agree that masking children - especially outdoors - is tantamount to child abuse. Even the most ultra-conservative Muslim societies don't demand a veil for pre-pubsescent girls. And while the main reasoning is no doubt different, the awkward practicalities and dangers inherent in covering liitle ones' breathing apparatus is undoubtedly part of the thought process.

Masks worn outside by anyone, let alone children, are, as far as I can make out, largely for show.

Even in my early days of manic messages washing I still never wore a  mask outside.  I just find it incredibly sad seeing children in them . What is it saying to them ? 

I haven't seen a single child wearing a mask outdoors and there is no government guidance requiring them to do so.

However if the child has an existing serious health condition that puts them at increased risk, or lives with a shielder, and they are going to be mixing with other kids with no social distancing, it's probably not a bad idea. Certainly not tantamount to child abuse.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I haven't seen a single child wearing a mask outdoors and there is no government guidance requiring them to do so.

However if the child has an existing serious health condition that puts them at increased risk, or lives with a shielder, and they are going to be mixing with other kids with no social distancing, it's probably not a bad idea. Certainly not tantamount to child abuse.

Sorry but i find that incredibly hard to believe that you have not seen one child wearing a mask outside. Why only yesterday i saw quite a few from separate households wearing them. In fact it more than a few. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Sorry but i find that incredibly hard to believe that you have not seen one child wearing a mask outside. Why only yesterday i saw quite a few from separate households wearing them. In fact it more than a few. 

I don't encounter many kids tbf. Only really see them in substantial numbers when I'm out for cycle through a park, but genuinely never noticed any wearing masks.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I don't encounter many kids tbf. Only really see them in substantial numbers when I'm out for cycle through a park, but genuinely never noticed any wearing masks.

Ok I’m in every day so see many people out and about including families . 

Der Kaiser

Got my 2nd dose today. Fingers crossed I don't have the hangover symptoms 1st gave me.

I realise many folk my age haven't had one but remember I'm like really important and stuff.

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Got my 2nd dose today. Fingers crossed I don't have the hangover symptoms 1st gave me.

I realise many folk my age haven't had one but remember I'm like really important and stuff.

Hope your ok 

Ainsley Harriott

As of today the UK has now carried out 50 million vaccinations. Brilliant achievement by everyone involved 

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Delighted for you.  👍

lost in leith

There are differing approaches to crowds at horse racing north and south of the border.  Carlisle racecourse is selling tickets for meetings starting on 17 May, and it looks like they will be allowed up to 4,000 spectators.  Assuming that Scottish racecourses are covered by 'stadia and events' then the PDF on the page below means that they are restricted to 100 indoors and 250 outdoors.  Higher capacities can be agreed with the local authority/SG.  

There is a meeting at Musselburgh but tickets are not on sale.  Does anyone know if Musselburgh have explored the option of getting a special dispensation?  250 outdoors seems very low in the context of their space.  The standard limit only goes up to 500 in level 1,and 1,000 in level 0.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/

Anyone wanting to buy tickets for a meeting at Carlisle has to agree to the 'Covid Code of Conduct'. 

https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/?tc=conduct

This excerpt gives you an insight into how much of a fun day it could be.....

• "You must wear a face covering at all times except when you are eating or drinking.
  • Avoid hugs, handshakes and any contact with people not in your household or support bubble.
  • Avoid face to face contact and when moving past other spectators, turn your back to pass others.
  • Do not have less than 2m contact with other people not in your household or support bubble.
  • Avoid shouting, singing or celebrating - this increases the transmission risk."

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, lost in leith said:

There are differing approaches to crowds at horse racing north and south of the border.  Carlisle racecourse is selling tickets for meetings starting on 17 May, and it looks like they will be allowed up to 4,000 spectators.  Assuming that Scottish racecourses are covered by 'stadia and events' then the PDF on the page below means that they are restricted to 100 indoors and 250 outdoors.  Higher capacities can be agreed with the local authority/SG.  

There is a meeting at Musselburgh but tickets are not on sale.  Does anyone know if Musselburgh have explored the option of getting a special dispensation?  250 outdoors seems very low in the context of their space.  The standard limit only goes up to 500 in level 1,and 1,000 in level 0.

Anyone wanting to buy tickets for a meeting at Carlisle has to agree to the 'Covid Code of Conduct'. 

• "You must wear a face covering at all times except when you are eating or drinking.
  • Avoid hugs, handshakes and any contact with people not in your household or support bubble.
  • Avoid face to face contact and when moving past other spectators, turn your back to pass others.
  • Do not have less than 2m contact with other people not in your household or support bubble.
  • Avoid shouting, singing or celebrating - this increases the transmission risk."

My god those instructions are draconian . Hope people tell them to Gtf and have a good time . Absolute control freaks and fun sponges 🧽 once the booze flows things will liven up 

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, lost in leith said:

There was 45,000 at the Kentucky derby the other day and America aren't in as good a place as the UK

frankblack
8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

My god those instructions are draconian . Hope people tell them to Gtf and have a good time . Absolute control freaks and fun sponges 🧽 once the booze flows things will liven up 

I think we are going to see the SG subjected to more legal action from businesses that have been prevented to trade with insufficient compensation to cover losses, such as the NTIA Scotland case for festivals, concerts, etc.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think we are going to see the SG subjected to more legal action from businesses that have been prevented to trade with insufficient compensation to cover losses, such as the NTIA Scotland case for festivals, concerts, etc.

Hope so but seriously what’s the point of attending these events with all these measures to suck the life out of them ? Just reminds me of pubs last year indoors . Had to sit at your table , couldn’t really go to bar ,  couldn’t mingle with others for a bit of banter unless outside having a cig , couldn’t listen to music 🎵 least the music thing has been changed but it’s to be At low level 

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There was 45,000 at the Kentucky derby the other day and America aren't in as good a place as the UK

the crucible had a full capacity for yesterdays sessions of the snooker final, i think that was 980 people, but the key point is full capacity

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the crucible had a full capacity for yesterdays sessions of the snooker final, i think that was 980 people, but the key point is full capacity

Yes that was great to see , even though they had masks on 

10 hours ago, lost in leith said:

No one will pay attention to those rules once they are at the meeting and the security at the course won’t do anything. 

Probably just the racecourse covering their arse 

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, theshed said:

No one will pay attention to those rules once they are at the meeting and the security at the course won’t do anything. 

Yep how can they police that ! 

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, theshed said:

Yep how can they police that ! 

So nobody will follow the rules and nobody will enforce them. And people wonder why things like this have been closed for so long.

31 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So nobody will follow the rules and nobody will enforce them. And people wonder why things like this have been closed for so long.

Do you think at this race meeting that’s outdoors when someone see’s a person coming towards them they will turn their back till they have passed?

I understand some of the rules that are in place and anyone with common sense knows what do to 

I’m just away to go to Tesco and I’m going to guess no one will turn their back when I walk past them with my trolly and will be a lot closer than two metres 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Do you think at this race meeting that’s outdoors when someone see’s a person coming towards them they will turn their back till they have passed?

I understand some of the rules that are in place and anyone with common sense knows what do to 

I’m just away to go to Tesco and I’m going to guess no one will turn their back when I walk past them with my trolly and will be a lot closer than two metres 

Exactly . Same when I was at museum last week . It’s a large place in fact massive with high ceilings yet still insisting people wear masks ? All outdoor activities are virtually transmission free 

Mars plastic
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly . Same when I was at museum last week . It’s a large place in fact massive with high ceilings yet still insisting people wear masks ? All outdoor activities are virtually transmission free 

Maskers are utterly fascinating individuals. Found myself chortling at one yesterday when he pulled his muzzle up as he walked towards me. 

3 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Maskers are utterly fascinating individuals. Found myself chortling at one yesterday when he pulled his muzzle up as he walked towards me. 

Yep they are indeed. Always have a laugh when running towards someone they jump into the road to avoid me . Covid might not get you but that car might 🤣

Ron Burgundy
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Interesting (if not wholly surprising study) data just been released by the FDA in the USA.

Clinical trials of 4400 kids between 12-15 years old was done with the Pfizer vaccine.

One with Pfizer. One with Placebo.

18 out of 2200 people got sick with the Placebo. 100% efficacy amongst those with the Pfizer jab. As well as increased antibodies in that age range, over 16 year olds.

The FDA are expected to approve vaccination of that agreement group, from as early as next week, to speed up the overall protection and herd immunity target.

Kerching. 💰

Mars plastic
16 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Yep they are indeed. Always have a laugh when running towards someone they jump into the road to avoid me . Covid might not get you but that car might 🤣

I’ve said that many a time. Folk jumping like a gazelle off the pavement straight into an oncoming bus. I suppose they would go down as a covid related death too. :) 

Fxxx the SPFL

Scottish numbers: 4 May 2021

Summary

• 139 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 13,744 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 1.1% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)  
  • 11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 58 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 2,833,761 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,348,050 have received their second dose

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Summary

• 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)  
  • 2,833,761 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,348,050 have received their second dose

thanks for posting 

manaliveits105
56 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Summary

👍

😎

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Had a guy swerve me today in a shopping centre……we were a good 20m apart when he started his “John Cleese” funny walk detour…..I thought I was covered in shit 😂.   Some people should stay at home.

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Had a guy swerve me today in a shopping centre……we were a good 20m apart when he started his “John Cleese” funny walk detour…..I thought I was covered in shit 😂.   Some people should stay at home.

Did you check the soles of your shoes?

Seriously, it is a bit weird, but I still shift off to the pavement f there are more elderly/ frail people than myself heading towards me, out of respect for them rather than for any thought I might catch anything off them.

I'll probably get knocked down by a car....

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve no idea how these people make it out the house in the morning. 

I think some folk are using covid as an excuse to bodyswerve some real dodgy smelly junky trash. Going by this thread anyway. Same folk being dodged, day in and out. 

Tramps. 

Jambo-Jimbo

2 members of the Indian delegation at the G7 meeting in London have tested positive for Covid-19.

This just shows that despite all the testing & precautions that were put in place for this meeting, covid still found a way.

This meeting was being seen as a test event for larger government/country meetings in the coming months, these must now have a big question mark over them now.

https://news.sky.com/story/two-covid-cases-among-indian-delegation-at-london-g7-meeting-sky-news-understands-12297266

Another event which may now have a question mark over it again, is the Olympics, because Japan is considering extending it's State of Emergency once more.  I can only imagine they can do that so many times before either they have to cancel the event again or Countries start to pull out.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/japan-faces-longer-state-emergency-casting-doubt-olympics-2021-05-05/

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

indianajones
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

2 members of the Indian delegation at the G7 meeting in London have tested positive for Covid-19.

This just shows that despite all the testing & precautions that were put in place for this meeting, covid still found a way.

This meeting was being seen as a test event for larger government/country meetings in the coming months, these must now have a big question mark over them now.

https://news.sky.com/story/two-covid-cases-among-indian-delegation-at-london-g7-meeting-sky-news-understands-12297266

Another event which may now have a question mark over it again, is the Olympics, because Japan is considering extending it's State of Emergency once more.  I can only imagine they can do that so many times before either they have to cancel the event again or Countries start to pull out.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/japan-faces-longer-state-emergency-casting-doubt-olympics-2021-05-05/

Why could they not just use zoom, teams etc for the G7? Needless test especially if people from India are involved imo. Country is on its knees just now. 

indianajones
17 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Witnessed this a lot. 

Freaks. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Scottish numbers: 5 May 2021

Summary

• 85* new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 11,273* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 0.8%* of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 13 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 up 2 from yesterday
  • 69 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 up 11 from yesterday
  • 2,846,834 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,373,882 have received their second dose
  • * Please note that Public Health Scotland are aware of data flow issues from UK Government testing sites since around 3pm on Tuesday 4 May that are currently being investigated. These data flow issues could be contributing to the lower number of cases reported today, however, it is not yet possible to know this for certain until this issue is resolved.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Why could they not just use zoom, teams etc for the G7? Needless test especially if people from India are involved imo. Country is on its knees just now. 

This meeting was seemingly being used as a test event, before the main G7 summit with all the leaders in June.

First time in 2 years that they have met face to face and it was seen as a way to move on, rather than using zoom, teams etc.

Might need a re-think on that score.

Mysterion
48 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Scottish numbers: 5 May 2021

Summary

• 85* new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • * Please note that Public Health Scotland are aware of data flow issues from UK Government testing sites since around 3pm on Tuesday 4 May that are currently being investigated. These data flow issues could be contributing to the lower number of cases reported today, however, it is not yet possible to know this for certain until this issue is resolved.

The jump down to 85 just feels a little bit too much given the current trend. Would be a brilliant step if accurate but i feel a correction will be made.

Governor Tarkin
On 30/04/2021 at 17:13, Lord BJ said:
On 30/04/2021 at 17:12, Jeffros Furios said:

Didn't you once work in a Kebab shop ? 

Please let this be true. 

stavros.jpg

Over 75s still dying. Here's hoping lockdown isn't the only thing that beats this thing. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic