Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Absolutely, Jonesy. The Critical Thinking flag is still firmly planted on the summit.👍

👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Absolutely, Jonesy. The Critical Thinking flag is still firmly planted on the summit.👍

Indeed. ;)

poopflag.jpg

Just what we need, another flat earther joins the thread, letting us all know what a rebel they are. Wonder what they will do with their lives once restrictions are finally lifted thanks to the vast majority acting responsibly. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, jonesy said:

Glad to bolster the numbers, Enzo.

One assumes you've been keeping the nodding dogs at bay with your usual common sense-grounded posting.

Your certainly back with a bang ! Firing on all cylinders and shooting from the hip and taking no prisoners ! 😎 and writing a lot of sense 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Just what we need, another flat earther joins the thread, letting us all know what a rebel they are. Wonder what they will do with their lives once restrictions are finally lifted thanks to the vast majority acting responsibly. 

I think you might struggle with what to do with your like once the SH allows you to live it again .  Talk about Stockholm syndrome 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I think you might struggle with what to do with your like once the SH allows you to live it again .  Talk about Stockholm syndrome 

:facepalm: a no voter accusing any ***** of Stockholm syndrome. 

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Traitor Doc. Nothing but a traitor so he is.

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

😂

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

BD585FD8-2022-44F1-BE64-7390C4BDE355.gif

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Traitor Doc. Nothing but a traitor so he is.

0A8B2D48-A441-4024-B397-54D377341C39.jpeg

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Probably the same as we did before, have tried our best to do during and will go back to doing after it I guess.

Enzo Chiefo
11 hours ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. ;)

poopflag.jpg

😂. Good one Red but, tbh, I reckon you're better sticking to stats😎

A prominent Kenyan doctor who became an anti-vaccine campaigner and conspiracy theorist has died from the disease.

Dr Stephen Karanja said it was unnecessary to vaccinate Kenyans against Covid-19.

Instead, he argued for steam inhalation and a cocktail of drugs, including hydroxychloroquine and zinc.

He also spread conspiracy theories, involving Bill Gates and population control.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

A prominent Kenyan doctor who became an anti-vaccine campaigner and conspiracy theorist has died from the disease.

Dr Stephen Karanja said it was unnecessary to vaccinate Kenyans against Covid-19.

Instead, he argued for steam inhalation and a cocktail of drugs, including hydroxychloroquine and zinc.

He also spread conspiracy theories, involving Bill Gates and population control.

Ohhh is that meant to induce fear into the “ critical thinkers “ ! Back to the drawing board I think 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Ohhh is that meant to induce fear into the “ critical thinkers “ ! Back to the drawing board I think 

Given these stories make the news it suggests that less "critical thinkers" have died from it than non critical thinkers... which would suggest it's statistically safer to be a critical thinker.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Given these stories make the news it suggests that less "critical thinkers" have died from it than non critical thinkers... which would suggest it's statistically safer to be a critical thinker.

That’s what I was , well , thinking ! 

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think that was his intention :rofl:

I'm surprised he's functioning without 'Nicola's' daily advice on how to keep himself safe.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm surprised he's functioning without 'Nicola's' daily advice on how to keep himself safe.

Exactly and guess what it produced zero fear levels in me...like i said back to the drawing board. Yes they will all be missing how to act / feel/ behave now that the daily indoctrination's are on standby the now. 

JudyJudyJudy

Making a visit with the family to the museum today. Hope to god we dont have to wear masks inside the building ? Surely no?  its a big place. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

You will have to, them’s the rules just now.

Enjoy your day nevertheless. 👍

We shall see. Thanks anyway. 

Mars plastic

Does anyone know what the science behind people coming to a complete halt and moving into the side of the pavement as you walk past is all about? 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

That'll learn em, eh.

He practically deserves to die.

Governor Tarkin
51 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm not sure that he is functioning.

Not in any meaningful sense, anyway.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Weren't you at one point almost bathing in dettol mate? 😄

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

That'll learn em, eh.

He practically deserves to die.

He can look out for his own as is his wont, but his wonky thinking and, for a Doctor, ridiculous rejection of evidence has bit him on the arse. I won't indulge in schadenfreude but, equally, if he was in a position of influence you do wonder how many others heeded his advice because a proportion of them, too, may well have needlessly exposed themselves to risk or could have caught the bloody thing if treated by him directly.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

He can look out for his own as is his wont, but his wonky thinking and, for a Doctor, ridiculous rejection of evidence has bit him on the arse. I won't indulge in schadenfreude but, equally, if he was in a position of influence you do wonder how many others heeded his advice because a proportion of them, too, may well have needlessly exposed themselves to risk or could have caught the bloody thing if treated by him directly.  

Aye i feel for the fear big time. I do admit that,. But hallelujah i i  is awoken and see clearly now.  Unlike a few on this. 

fa40ca04b3fc434cf01300ea87a77cc3.jpg

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

I never pay too much attention to Doctor (Mengle) Jambo's posts, but if anyone has caught a dose of right-wing capitalist ideology from him it really is a tragedy.

Guys, that's me out. It has been a blast but the "critical thinkers" have now become a tsunami with the return of one of their major cheerleaders (announcing his intent immediately with his inane comment that the "keechie breek brigade [are] still probably hiding behind their sofas with three masks on"), and the thread, which was recently pleasantly starting to show consensus and genuine "agreement to disagree", will no doubt now deteriorate further. It's simply not fun coming on here and seeing all the shite that gets posted and I'm not knocking my pan out to produce stats in such an environment. These guys aren't interested in stats, logic and reasoning, they're interested in dogma. To the good guys left on the thread, my apologies, but you should still be able to get everything you need at the Travelling Tabby site.

Enzo Chiefo
19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye i feel for the fear big time. I do admit that,. But hallelujah i i  is awoken and see clearly now.  Unlike a few on this. 

fa40ca04b3fc434cf01300ea87a77cc3.jpg

Amazing what a bit of critical thinking can do, James😂

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Guys, that's me out. It has been a blast but the "critical thinkers" have now become a tsunami with the return of one of their major cheerleaders (announcing his intent immediately with his inane comment that the "keechie breek brigade [are] still probably hiding behind their sofas with three masks on"), and the thread, which was recently pleasantly starting to show consensus and genuine "agreement to disagree", will no doubt now deteriorate further. It's simply not fun coming on here and seeing all the shite that gets posted and I'm not knocking my pan out to produce stats in such an environment. These guys aren't interested in stats, logic and reasoning, they're interested in dogma. To the good guys left on the thread, my apologies, but you should still be able to get everything you need at the Travelling Tabby site.

Don't let the smug "I did what I wanted irrespective of the consequences and justified it by smugly claiming my self-centred behaviour was based on logic, evidence and data" mob chase you off. 

The stats were a highlight of this thread and very useful for the actual critical thinkers who liked to see the patterns and measure whether the trends matched the easing of restriction, for example. Either way, stay safe as better days are coming. 

36 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Does anyone know what the science behind people coming to a complete halt and moving into the side of the pavement as you walk past is all about? 

Are you sure that's not specific to you?

11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Don't blame you. I've hardly looked at this thread for over 6 months as it became something of an echo chamber for the Anti-vaxxers / Aids denialists/ mental health experts.

Get out whilst you still can

31 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Nah he was only drinking it. 

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Amazing what a bit of critical thinking can do, James😂

Praise be ! I am proud of my evolution whilst also respecting different view points . I tend to try and ignore any mud and personal insults . It usually means they have lost the argument. 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Nah he was only drinking it. 

Drunk on reality I was 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Quiet day today :davebp:

Yes it’s went bat shit crazy the last 24 hours . It happens now and then , then settles down again . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

It all makes sense now 😘

Maybe u need to take another 6 months sabbatical of this is your level of discourse 

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Thanks for all your information redjambo.

Really appreciated your input.

Shanks said no

@redjambothanks for everything you have posted, your daily stats have been a brilliant source over period.

Enjoy your sabbatical, temporary or permanent

36 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Maybe u need to take another 6 months sabbatical of this is your level of discourse 

*you

*if

Edited by jambo89

31 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Not wanting to start a political debate but genuinely curious as to why this is. 

Considering there is very little in approach across all 4 nations, it's just nuances and timing, vaccine roll out pretty much the same, it possibly could be.

Very much a 'sake Boris versus k'off Sturgeon.

Or not.

Hopefully it's just local outbreaks than can be managed.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm not sure that he is functioning.

Not in any meaningful sense, anyway.

Currently lying by the pool at my apartment in Turkey so functioning quite well thank you very much

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Well said Red, the lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum. It's best to just leave them to it. I'll stick to travelling tabby now for the details and leave the critical unthinkers to it. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic