Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Where you seeing that? Hoping its true this shitty weather is doing my napper in.

A week later than England, just to be different :lol:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Do we get a briefing tomorrow about next steps of relaxation or is FMQ statement or similar?

12.15 BBC1 tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

****ing tremendous.

Until you see the green list. 😂

I’m the same though after numerous cancellations we are desperate to get away. ☀️ 🍻 

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've to get my 2nd jab on the 27th May back at the Gyle. Exactly 12 weeks from my 1st dose

My Mrs is 10 days before me, although she was 11 days after me for the 1st dose

I'm guessing that the Gyle have reverted back to the AZ vaccine

Yep, for the foreseeable.

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

12.15 BBC1 tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

👍

Scottish Government Twitter and Scotsman live feeds too.

BBC1 will likely switch off or go to Ross to respond after 1st journalist question.

Of course he is entitled to as if it had been a parliamentary update Ross, Sarwar and Harvie would be responding anyway bit I'd rather watch the journalists questions personally.

25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Where you seeing that? Hoping its true this shitty weather is doing my napper in.

BBC are reporting it., bud. 

Pasquale for King

All the Tory sycophants getting to ask important  questions

about hugging and hand shaking. 

Nucky Thompson

Back to drinking inside with live entertainment for me from a week on Friday and without curfews :glorious:

I reckon I'll be hugging a few randoms by 1am :biggrin2:

Jeffros Furios
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525485714316c5e8a172

Broken Skull Challenge 

manaliveits105
59 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A week later than England, just to be different :lol:

As Scottish holiday season is before England it should have been the same at least - Krankie still with the control freak routine 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh go away and stop stalking me . Your becoming a nuisance . ILike something on my shoe which is hard to get off . Sanctimonious and patronising too . 

Seems you can gleefully dish it out when labelling people nappy wearers and panic merchants, but don't like some home truths back the way. If I'm something on the sole of your shoe, you are absolute trash. 

sturgeon_finger.jpg

Brighton Jambo

It’s amazing how so many of the experts and modellers predictions have turned out to be wrong: 

1.  When we reopen schools we will see an increase in cases - we didn’t.

2.  When we open outdoor hospitality and allow mixing of families we will see an increase of cases - we didn’t.  
3.   When we open shops we will see an increase in cases - we didn’t.

4.  Inevitably all these cases will lead to an increase in hospitalisation and deaths - it didn’t.

I fully understand not getting it right a year ago as it was all new but almost every prediction they have made has been wrong and makes you wonder how much damage they have done to education, the economy and peoples health on these wrong predictions. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Seems you can gleefully dish it out when labelling people nappy wearers and panic merchants, but don't like some home truths back the way. If I'm something on the sole of your shoe, you are absolute trash. 

sturgeon_finger.jpg

That’s very Abusive I could have meant chewing gum on my shoes 👞 it’s very difficult to get off in my experience ! 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s amazing how so many of the experts and modellers predictions have turned out to be wrong: 

2.  When we open outdoor hospitality and allow mixing of families we will see an increase of cases - we didn’t.  

4.  Inevitably all these cases will lead to an increase in hospitalisation and deaths - it didn’t.

I fully understand not getting it right a year ago as it was all new but almost every prediction they have made has been wrong and makes you wonder how much damage they have done to education, the economy and peoples health on these wrong predictions. 

Great post 

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

hugging.jpg

How far have we sank to be “ allowed” to hug people ! And to think some people will be happy with getting permission. ! Absolute madness 

20 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

All of those things happened last autumn. 

manaliveits105
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How far have we sank to be “ allowed” to hug people ! And to think some people will be happy with getting permission. ! Absolute madness 

Yep and Linda Bauld on news even putting a time limit on the hugging - only for a few seconds ideally 

deary me  Scotland 1984 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Yep and Linda Bauld on news even putting a time limit on the hugging - only for a few seconds ideally 

deary me  Scotland 1984 

I know I saw that ! Pathetic , prophets of doom as usual 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

deary me  Scotland 1984 

To be fair, anyone still listening to this kind of hogwash is welcome to it.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

People soon to be drinking & touching & shagging again, without reservation. Or vaccination.

The new chat up line in pubs up and down the land, to perhaps be: "You had your jab?" "Fancy one?" 

Good news with Pfizer too. Knew I backed the right horse. :jj:

Meanwhile, in France...

:greggy:

I reckon it will be the jabless that will be fighting them off...it's got that edgy James Dean/Paul Newman vibe to it. Dangerous.

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Barack said:

People soon to be drinking & touching & shagging again, without reservation. Or vaccination.

The new chat up line in pubs up and down the land, to perhaps be: "You had your jab?" "Fancy one?" 

Good news with Pfizer too. Knew I backed the right horse. :jj:

Meanwhile, in France...

:greggy:

No sure if shsggin is on the list yet 😂 covid had certainly been the ultimate shsggin blocker ! Apparently ! 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

deary me  Scotland 1984 

Thoughts on your spiritual King, BoJo, telling people to 'hug with caution'? 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Taffin said:

I reckon it will be the jabless will be fighting them off...it's got that edgy James Dean/Paul Newman vibe to it. Dangerous.

Well who doesn’t like Paul Newman / James Dean bad boys 😂 rhetorical question 😂

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Barack said:

Speak for yourself. 😎

Oh don’t worry that was def one rule which was a bridge too far 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Well who doesn’t like Paul Newman / James Dean bad boys 😂 rhetorical question 😂

"Sorry Sundance, can't make the heist next week, got my second jab"

I think not 😂

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yeah, a bit like human hangers on, in vampire films.

"You've only had one dose? Stop it, I'm dripping!"

I think you've nailed it, one dose is key. Just the right side of reckless, but not too reckless.

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Taffin said:

"Sorry Sundance, can't make the heist next week, got my second jab"

I think not 😂

But you are so right people who haven’t been jabbed will have higher street cred with the guys and women ! Rebels without a cause 

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

To be fair, anyone still listening to this kind of hogwash is welcome to it.

Exactly 

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We getting govt approved hugging announced tomorrow?

Like travel hugging will be held back so we don’t follow the UK government 

explain that to your grandkids

Brighton Jambo
23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

All of those things happened last autumn. 

Not as a result of lockdown easing it didn’t.  Hospitality opened up in July along with everything else and the real increase didn’t come till September linked in a large part to new variants.  

Every prediction that have made with the impact of lockdown easing has been proved wrong.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Not as a result of lockdown easing it didn’t.  Hospitality opened up in July along with everything else and the real increase didn’t come till September linked in a large part to new variants.  

Every prediction that have made with the impact of lockdown easing has been proved wrong.  

👍

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's like the folk talking about not seeing their parents or whatever since last March. Some extreme situations, fair enough.

But, newsflash - the reality is that no one was really stopping you. A few days' worth of keeping away from folk and you could have hugged yer granny to your heart's content.

Exactly 

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Thoughts on your spiritual King, BoJo, telling people to 'hug with caution'? 

To be fair, Boris is a bit of a lad, a geezer. He knows from experience how quickly one thing leads to another before suddenly you find yourself up in the divorce courts! Good of him to pass on a bit of advice. 

24 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's like the folk talking about not seeing their parents or whatever since last March. Some extreme situations, fair enough.

But, newsflash - the reality is that no one was really stopping you. A few days' worth of keeping away from folk and you could have hugged yer granny to your heart's content.

Easier said than done with work in fairness. 

Do The Dance
50 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Like travel hugging will be held back so we don’t follow the UK government 

explain that to your grandkids

Grandparents have been 'allowed to hug young grandchildren for a wee while again, haven't they? Under 12s.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

True enough, depends on your industry, WFH potential I guess. 

Although I tend to have no problem keeping folk away from me in the workplace... :(😜 

I usually avoid everyone  but I've been doing a different role and can see how for a lot of people keeping clear of others isn't an option.

Plus side of Covid - no office small talk 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

True. Nor having to deal with colleagues who eat tuna sandwiches.

Downside is lack of opportunities to leer at the eye candy, er, I mean female professional peers.

In one of my jobs I meet up to 30 people a day and sit at across a desk from them for 10 minutes a time. I imagine it'll be one of the last workplaces to go back! 

Tuna sandwiches should be banned unless being eaten at home.

I've been meeting 10-15 new people on a weekly basis for 8 hours a day. Oddly I've been back doing that since October last year apart from Jan and Feb.

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

That’s very Abusive I could have meant chewing gum on my shoes 👞 it’s very difficult to get off in my experience ! 

Pretty sure you could lick it off from your vantage point. 

JudyJudyJudy

I won’t back back anytime soon . Been told I will mainly be working from home now . 

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Super spreader.

😂😂

It's all very Covid secure and we've not had any positive cases so fingers crossed it stays that way 🤞

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Pretty sure you could lick it off from your vantage point. 

“ we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars ️ “ 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic