Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

My first was the beginning of April so still have a bit to go.  I will check my first blue letter and go on later when I get home.

My first was 20th March,  so it's 9 weeks for me. Yes, it's worth checking online.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, gjcc said:

Hipster boomer. 

I’m proud to be a boomer 😂

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m proud to be a boomer 😂

Sorry James, have you spelt that last word correctly? 

:whistling:

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Sorry James, have you spelt that last word correctly? 

:whistling:

95D43214-60F4-48EE-8E8C-6484A3FD6E0F.jpeg

2nd jab time later this week

Just in time to sit inside and enjoy a pint with the 2 jab mob !!

magic roundabout
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned already but if you check online you'll probably find your 2nd appointment shown. I've not received my 2nd letter but logged on and I have an appointment for the 22nd. Tried to change the time but nothing available just now. Just a heads up that you may find a note of your appointment there.

Cheers for that didn't know you could do that.....My 2nd Appt is first week in June  albeit at the Queen Margaret Uni drive thru. I don't own  a car lol (I live 100m away from the EICC).   My brother also checked he's next Thursday...no letter yet.  The seem to be rather late with them again.    

Enzo Chiefo
40 minutes ago, magic roundabout said:

Cheers for that didn't know you could do that.....My 2nd Appt is first week in June  albeit at the Queen Margaret Uni drive thru. I don't own  a car lol (I live 100m away from the EICC).   My brother also checked he's next Thursday...no letter yet.  The seem to be rather late with them again.    

No problem at all. You can change it online too. Probably best nearer the time as it may show "no availability" now.  Even if you keep checking, hopefully you can get it changed to the EICC. I moved my 1st one from Bathgate to the Younger Building. 

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Its expected to be announced on Monday that in England from 17 May, you will be permitted to hug people again.

I’m not a hugger. I’ve enjoyed this last year with barely any physical contact with people. 

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned already but if you check online you'll probably find your 2nd appointment shown. I've not received my 2nd letter but logged on and I have an appointment for the 22nd. Tried to change the time but nothing available just now. Just a heads up that you may find a note of your appointment there.

what's the website EC or the link cheers

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Enzo Chiefo
17 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

what's the website EC or the link cheers

Yes, certainly FTSPFL. It's:  www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccineappointments

Friend has/had appt for Friday 14th for second jab but had to delay it.......next available was mid June

Shanks said no

Scottish numbers: 9 May 2021

Summary

• 200 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-24; up from 146 a week ago]
  • 13,976 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results - 1.5% of these were positive [-7,693; +0.3%]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) [=]
  • 2,897,975 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,468,296 have received their second dose [+14,591; +17,498]

Shanks said no

7-day per-100,000 cases              
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday     7 May 6 May ... 4 May ... 1 May
Scotland 24 23 +1   22 21 ... 21 ... 22
Moray 3 93 97 -4   98 98 ... 77 ... 65
Glasgow City 3 53 47 +6   39 33 ... 28 ... 33
Clackmannanshire 3 39 33 +6   37 25 ... 17 ... 14
North Lanarkshire 3 34 33 +1   33 30 ... 34 ... 40
East Ayrshire 3 30 31 -1   35 36 ... 43 ... 45
Midlothian 3 29 23 +6   16 11 ... 3 ... 10
East Renfrewshire 3 28 27 +1   26 26 ... 22 ... 24
Falkirk 3 27 32 -5   32 31 ... 27 ... 23
North Ayrshire 3 26 23 +3   19 16 ... 17 ... 17
Fife 3 24 22 +2   22 24 ... 27 ... 32
West Lothian 3 23 25 -2   26 25 ... 28 ... 26
East Dunbartonshire 3 22 25 -3   31 37 ... 42 ... 51
South Lanarkshire 3 22 23 -1   21 22 ... 19 ... 18
Aberdeen City 3 21 20 +1   19 14 ... 15 ... 13
Edinburgh City 3 20 20 0   22 24 ... 26 ... 27
Dundee City 3 17 14 +3   11 10 ... 9 ... 13
Angus 3 15 9 +6   7 7 ... 9 ... 7
Renfrewshire 3 15 13 +2   13 11 ... 13 ... 20
South Ayrshire 3 12 12 0   11 8 ... 14 ... 25
Stirling 3 12 16 -4   16 14 ... 15 ... 11
West Dunbartonshire 3 12 17 -5   15 18 ... 20 ... 28
Aberdeenshire 3 11 10 +1   10 10 ... 12 ... 8
Perth & Kinross 3 10 11 -1   9 9 ... 11 ... 22
Dumfries & Galloway 3 7 6 +1   10 13 ... 17 ... 19
Highland 3 7 8 -1   9 8 ... 11 ... 9
East Lothian 3 6 5 +1   5 4 ... 2 ... 5
Scottish Borders 3 5 5 0   3 5 ... 7 ... 6
Inverclyde 3 3 1 +2   6 6 ... 8 ... 15
Argyll & Bute 3 1 1 0   1 2 ... 5 ... 7
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 0 0 0   0 0 ... 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 0 0 0   0 0 ... 0 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 0 0 0   0 0 ... 0 ... 0

Stewie Griffin
On 06/05/2021 at 15:36, Lord BJ said:

Thanks much appreciated. 

I think the Ki number and login are the same. Though she is going full Karen on them at the moment. Her GP can confirm she has injection and date and time etc, the call centre are saying she hasn’t had her first injection and say she not on system.

She has now been told to fill out forms and would be fair to say she is far from happy. Albeit her GO have sent some emails off it appears.

She going to have to go through the same fiasco with her dad.

On the bright side I on the system, I her saying ‘thats my husband’

My old boy got done last week, at the Western, for those who were following his vaccine drama as well.

Hi I was just wondering how your wife got on as I’ve just logged into the NHS site to see when I’m due my second appointment however there’s nothing on there regarding my first one and I’m now wondering if they have any record of me having received it.

jack D and coke

Is COVID over? Sort of feels like it...has it fell out the news because of the election stuff? 

Watching the Canelo Saunders fight last night was weird but great seeing the sell out crowd. I honestly wondered when they would come back. 

Stewie Griffin
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

She and the father in law got their second jab on Sat. Might be worth contacting helpline to explain your situation. 

That’s good that they got it sorted. Think I’ll give the helpline a call later like you say.

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Friend has/had appt for Friday 14th for second jab but had to delay it.......next available was mid June

Did they phone up or check online ? The mother in law was in the same boat and was due to go into hospital for the day when she was due a 2nd jab. Nothing available online but when explained the situation on the phone that she would be way over the 12 week period they sorted another appointment. 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Is COVID over? Sort of feels like it...has it fell out the news because of the election stuff? 

Watching the Canelo Saunders fight last night was weird but great seeing the sell out crowd. I honestly wondered when they would come back. 

:DTexans walk about with guns in open sight. So Naw. 

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Hi I was just wondering how your wife got on as I’ve just logged into the NHS site to see when I’m due my second appointment however there’s nothing on there regarding my first one and I’m now wondering if they have any record of me having received it.

How long since you had your first dose?

I called up being a bit nosey trying to find my reference number (I didn't get my first dose via blue letter process' so I could look up the scheduling system but I wasn't there.

The operator did say it takes a few weeks from first dose for details to be passed over and around 8 weeks before 2nd dose will be registered on system.

Edited by DETTY29

24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Indian variant doubling every week now in the UK. 

It's believed to be about same 'danger' levels in terms of transmission as the Kent variant which isn't great news, but thankfully there is no indication it can 'beat' the vaccine.

Key is that where there are outbreaks, mass community testing takes place to nip it in the bud and get more folk vaccinated.

Edited by DETTY29

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It's believed to be about same 'danger' levels in terms of transmission as the Kent variant which isn't great news, but thankfully there is no indication it can 'beat' the vaccine.

Key is that where there are outbreaks, mass community testing takes place to nip it in the bud and get more folk vaccinated.

I think he just likes throwing a wee bit negativity into the mix

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think he just likes throwing a wee bit negativity into the mix

This.

Stewie Griffin
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

How long since you had your first dose?

I called up being a bit nosey trying to find my reference number (I didn't get my first dose via blue letter process' so I could look up the scheduling system but I wasn't there.

The operator did say it takes a few weeks from first dose for details to be passed over and around 8 weeks before 2nd dose will be registered on system.

it was 4 weeks ago. The thing is someone I work with who had their first vaccination the week after me checked the NHS site and their first vaccination details were on there but when I’ve checked there wasn’t anything about the first vaccination. I know it’ll be a few weeks yet until I get my second one was just a bit concerned that there isn’t anything to say I’ve had the first one.

13 hours ago, jonesy said:

That's the kind of weekly digest that is informative and useful. The kind of update that would have been sufficient since about this time last year when we realised CV19 wasn't going to become an extinction event!

Travelling Tabby's site is superb.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This.

Yes he’s become very doom laden now Yet one would think he would be on cloud nine after the. Weekend ! 

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It kinda is but I’m sure there will be a few on this preaching “ cautious “ 

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, jonesy said:

That's the kind of weekly digest that is informative and useful. The kind of update that would have been sufficient since about this time last year when we realised CV19 wasn't going to become an extinction event!

Agreed 

Ron Burgundy
56 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It kinda is but I’m sure there will be a few on this preaching “ cautious “ 

It kind of feels like the scaremongering message that Covid can kill anyone regarding of age ( even though all the stats showed differently) might not have been all that accurate if they are allowing thousands of under 40's who have not been vaccinated to mingle.

In Scotland/uk the current crisis appears to be over. Only fly in the ointment is the push to open up the borders which could lead to issues. No fan of Westminster in any way but they do seem to be proceeding very cautiously which is good. It also means that the SG may be happy to go along with the 4 nation approach

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It kind of feels like the scaremongering message that Covid can kill anyone regarding of age ( even though all the stats showed differently) might not have been all that accurate if they are allowing thousands of under 40's who have not been vaccinated to mingle.

It wasn’t accurate at all . The stats Evidence this . 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It wasn’t accurate at all . The stats Evidence this . 

Given your wildly OTT reaction to the pandemic, I don’t think you are at all in a position to try to be a smug, smart-arse when using hindsight. 

This was an evolving situation, the data and evidence became clearer as things progressed. Just as treatments progressed, making it less deadly further on into the pandemic. 

No-one, most certainly not you, knew how it would play out at the beginning. 

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Given your wildly OTT reaction to the pandemic, I don’t think you are at all in a position to try to be a smug, smart-arse when using hindsight. 

This was an evolving situation, the data and evidence became clearer as things progressed. Just as treatments progressed, making it less deadly further on into the pandemic. 

The messaging was entirely accurate. There were deaths across all age groups and they said throughout that it was the elderly who were most at risk.

11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Worldwide recorded cases are near enough as high as they have ever been (786k seven day rolling average).

The good news is daily vaccination rates are accelerating. 1.3 billion doses have been given so far, equivalent to 17 for every 100 people.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes he’s become very doom laden now Yet one would think he would be on cloud nine after the. Weekend ! 

Onwards and upwards. 

Captain Slog
18 hours ago, CJGJ said:

2nd jab time later this week

Just in time to sit inside and enjoy a pint with the 2 jab mob !!

Are we allowed to go for a pint in town now without booking a table? - I get my second at he conference centre on Saturday, if so that would be sweet.

Captain Slog
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah I had a few pints yesterday, just walking passed and seem had tables. It’s the second time I’ve done it. 

Wow, cheers for that, Im looking forward to Saturday now

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Oh go away and stop stalking me . Your becoming a nuisance . ILike something on my shoe which is hard to get off . Sanctimonious and patronising too . 

Ron Burgundy
55 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The messaging was entirely accurate. There were deaths across all age groups and they said throughout that it was the elderly who were most at risk.

So how come the unvaccinated are all allowed to now mingle if there were deaths across all age groups?  How come we are still not having these deaths across all the age groups?

Not looking for an argument just curious as to how folk  reason that.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

So how come the unvaccinated are all allowed to now mingle if there were deaths across all age groups?  How come we are still not having these deaths across all the age groups?

There was hardly “ deaths across all age groups . Yes over 40s at a push but it’s not accurate to claim “ all age groups “ and those under 50 who died generally had underlying health conditions . The vaccine was meant to be the way out of this and so it should be . Enough is enough . Vaccinate all those who want and do not delay the opening days due to any minor “ spikes “ it’ll never end really if we can’t accept a certain level of deaths due to it . Like we seem to accept the odd 30-40 thousand flu deaths every year . Funny how no one gave a damn about that ! 

20 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Because

A - all those with health conditions that make them more vulnerable, across all age groups, have now had at least one vaccine dose

B - the risk to the rest is very low

Edited by Ray Gin

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There was hardly “ deaths across all age groups . Yes over 40s at a push but it’s not accurate to claim “ all age groups “ and those under 50 who died generally had underlying health conditions . The vaccine was meant to be the way out of this and so it should be . Enough is enough . Vaccinate all those who want and do not delay the opening days due to any minor “ spikes “ it’ll never end really if we can’t accept a certain level of deaths due to it . Like we seem to accept the odd 30-40 thousand flu deaths every year . Funny how no one gave a damn about that ! 

Who is arguing against vaccines being the way out?

Nucky Thompson

A wee bit positivity to throw into the mix.

The Pfizer vaccine shows defence against current variants with no evidence that an update is needed

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Agreed. 

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A wee bit positivity to throw into the mix.

The Pfizer vaccine shows defence against current variants with no evidence that an update is needed

Great news . Positive news 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

In Scotland/uk the current crisis appears to be over. Only fly in the ointment is the push to open up the borders which could lead to issues. No fan of Westminster in any way but they do seem to be proceeding very cautiously which is good. It also means that the SG may be happy to go along with the 4 nation approach

Would be good to see them working in tandem. Thank goodness things looking, UK anyway, much better than few months ago. 

Nucky Thompson

I've to get my 2nd jab on the 27th May back at the Gyle. Exactly 12 weeks from my 1st dose

My Mrs is 10 days before me, although she was 11 days after me for the 1st dose

I'm guessing that the Gyle have reverted back to the AZ vaccine

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic