• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

683 Deaths in Italy, less than yesterday by about 60 i think.

It is. Still the second biggest day on day increase so far though, unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Stay in your house to break the transmission of Covid-19 only go out if you REALLY need to. It’s that simple at the moment. 

Simple but people are still unable to comprehend

39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No.    If it's true there was a large percentage of asymptomatic infections then it's possible.    

This could do with serious research and verify / discredit.     If that became an inaccurate belief it would be dangerous.

The "report" is patently rubbish - did it start with all the strong people and only find the first weak person it could kill in March...very kind of it.

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

Nicola came about as close as she dared to publicly criticising Charlie big ears.

After repeating the advice to people not bring your dirty diseases up here with you, she said:

"Obviously, there are people who have homes in Scotland and people will choose to go to those homes."

He's the Prince of Wales, can he not go there. 

Walter Bishop
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

683 Deaths in Italy, less than yesterday by about 60 i think.

Cases down again, 

The spread of #Coronavirus appears to be slowing down slightly each day in #Italy There were 3491 confirmed cases today, down from 3612 cases yesterday and 3780 cases on Monday. Small, but important comfort, on a day where 683 people died of #COVIDー19 in the last 24 hours.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s simple until you add in the complexity and different priorities of everyday life and individuals. Then it becomes anything but simple. 

I realise it’s not simple but it’s as basic as it’s the money/normal life style or your life or someone else’s life. 
Think, do you really need to do what you are about to do! Short term pain for long term gain. 

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

The "report" is patently rubbish - did it start with all the strong people and only find the first weak person it could kill in March...very kind of it.

Whitty and Vallance didn't go as far as declaring it untrue,   but yes I think it's way too speculative to place any faith in.     The capacity for it to be mythologised because it appears to offer hope is a dangerous thing.

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Cases down again, 

The spread of #Coronavirus appears to be slowing down slightly each day in #Italy There were 3491 confirmed cases today, down from 3612 cases yesterday and 3780 cases on Monday. Small, but important comfort, on a day where 683 people died of #COVIDー19 in the last 24 hours.

While that's welcome, they still have over 50k active cases which is obviously increasing daily at a faster rate than recovered so I'm expecting several more weeks of high daily deaths before the trend might start reversing. 

44 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

So we've tested 82000 people for coronavirus and 8000 have been found positive..... Also at the same time half the population have supposedly had it, seems legit. 

Had it.  Seems plausible to me.

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I realise it’s not simple but it’s as basic as it’s the money/normal life style or your life or someone else’s life. 
Think, do you really need to do what you are about to do! Short term pain for long term gain. 

Genuinely not being argumentative but some people are  living hand to mouth and paying inflated private rents. The short term pain for many people may lead to long term pain in the form of increased poverty and homelessness.

i do agree that most people should stay home though and have no doubt some people are choosing not to, despite being in an ok position financially.

39 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tbf, the 50% theory relies on there being a significant number of asymptomatic people who'll never be tested. However, I do agree, even considering that, if only 10% of people being tested because they have some form of symptom for something, actually have the virus, the idea 50% in the general population have it is probably wildly out. 

My understanding is that they are saying half the population have had it not that they have got it.

I hope they are right.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, graygo said:

My understanding is that they are saying half the population have had it not that they have got it.

I hope they are right.

It would be a great development if true but my hunch is it isn't. The antibodies test will at least start providing evidence one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Drove past leith links and great junction street on the way home from work,  folk just aren't taking this seriously. 

I think the majority are taking it seriously. I drove from Portobello to Davidson Mains then St Johns at Livingston this morning, then back this afternoon when it was close to the usual rush hour. The roads were almost as quiet as they are on Christmas Day, and I never saw anymore than two people together on the pavements the whole way.

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It would be a great development if true but my hunch is it isn't. The antibodies test will at least start providing evidence one way or the other. 

Agreed.

Someone once said that without hope we have nothing.

I suppose once you know you're definitely beyond the peak and you've already increased capacity,   with each passing day the people requiring the most critical care actually begin to have a better chance due to a diminishing demand.     There's an unavoidable timeline lottery.    Very early cases would have received all the treatment going.    Serious cases at or near peak unfortunateltly not.     

UK peak is forecast to be 2 to 3 weeks away.    Incubation is often 5-10 days.     Deterioration of condition maybe 7 days from symptoms to critical.    So I would suggest that avoiding infection in the immediate week ahead is especially desirable.

Tommy Brown

today, a 21yo girl in England lost her life

and just announced

a 37 yo male UK diplomat based in Budapest has passed away

neither with underlying health issues.

A great man once said "Every problem is an opportunity in disguise" We'll come back stronger, people. Chins up! 

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

today, a 21yo girl in England lost her life

and just announced

a 37 yo male UK diplomat based in Budapest has passed away

neither with underlying health issues.

The second I saw as reported they don't know about underlying conditions. 

And it should better be described as known underlying conditions. 

Sorry for being a pedant. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The second I saw as reported they don't know about underlying conditions. 

And it should better be described as known underlying conditions. 

Sorry for being a pedant. 

True, some will not know that they have "underlying conditions" untill it's too late.

News reporting an official belief that the UK is likely to limit deaths to 20,000 and possibly less.     First time I've seen that in a while.     Maybe look out for that being repeated again.    

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Nicola came about as close as she dared to publicly criticising Charlie big ears.

After repeating the advice to people not bring your dirty diseases up here with you, she said:

"Obviously, there are people who have homes in Scotland and people will choose to go to those homes."

Seems he was showing mild symptoms before he travelled on Sunday and was tested by NHS Grampian on Monday.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Seems he was showing mild symptoms before he travelled on Sunday and was tested by NHS Grampian on Monday.

Travelled with mild symptoms with his entourage? What a dickhead.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What an idiot.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Travelled with mild symptoms with his entourage? What a dickhead.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, absolute arsehole. 

Just now, Morgan said:

What an idiot.

To put some context I was trying to find out who the Balmoral MP was and a Google link came up about Charles and Corona Virus and it was a link to an article in The National.

kingantti1874
54 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Cases down again, 

no idea where they are getting data 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Genuinely not being argumentative but some people are  living hand to mouth and paying inflated private rents. The short term pain for many people may lead to long term pain in the form of increased poverty and homelessness.

i do agree that most people should stay home though and have no doubt some people are choosing not to, despite being in an ok position financially.

I completely get that but to stop this now stay home. I’m sure there will be a treatment/cure soon but why be dead or kill someone because of short term pain. There’s new legislation now that prevents evictions for six months and as a society we need to come down hard on unscrupulous landlords and profiteers. 

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Didn’t think I could possibly dislike the royal family more, but there you go 🤬

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I completely get that but to stop this now stay home. I’m sure there will be a treatment/cure soon but why be dead or kill someone because of short term pain. There’s new legislation now that prevents evictions for six months and as a society we need to come down hard on unscrupulous landlords and profiteers. 

Yeah I agree but having been in severe financial difficulty in the past I can understand why people don’t comply. Not excusing it but I do understand it. 

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

They’re good at waving tbf. 

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Stay in your house to break the transmission of Covid-19 only go out if you REALLY need to. It’s that simple at the moment. 

Yes and no unfortunately although I suspect you are giving your own opinion, which who is not to say that eventually is by far the best advice.

Both Holyrood and Westminster are encouraging that you have 1 walk a day for you own physical or mental health for example.

Listening to both the FM and PM they are still using slightly different language.  PM was still talking about 'essential' if social distancing possible whereas FM is more around directly supporting the national crisis in terms of food, hospital, care, medicine.

But Sturgeon also said yesterday that window cleaners and gardeners eg can work if social distancing and apart from from telling building and construction sites to close the Scottish Government are still allowing a significant amount of self certification, but with far greater guidance than Westminster.

I've only ever worked for the 2 bailed out Scottish Banks and we all know how self certification and compliance within the banking industry ended up.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, GinRummy said:

The only waves I’d like to see that lot get, would be the ones washing over them as they went under.

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

The only waves I’d like to see that lot get, would be the ones washing over them as they went under.

😂

Jambo-Jimbo
30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

i didn’t realise blood type seems to be a contributor to how this thing potentially impacts you. 

Like many other I think the infection rate is much greater than current numbers suggest. I would love half the population to be infected already, seems maybe a tad optimistic but that why the antibody test is so important it starts to provide more information around one of the major unknowns. 

I’m feeling a bit more optimistic around this. There are signs emerging for optimism. I don’t think we’re out the worst by any means but we are clearly approaching the worst of this in the next few weeks. 

It’s always darkest before dawn arrives.

Fecking brilliant, I'm Group A which was the highest group for catching and dying from this.

However I'm A neg so don't know if that could make a difference, would need to see more data on this.

28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

News reporting an official belief that the UK is likely to limit deaths to 20,000 and possibly less.     First time I've seen that in a while.     Maybe look out for that being repeated again.    

That would be an incredible thing if they managed that

20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

****ing disgusting if true

15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

To put some context I was trying to find out who the Balmoral MP was and a Google link came up about Charles and Corona Virus and it was a link to an article in The National.

Andrew “****ing Cock” Bowie i dint give ashit about my constituents unless there is a PR opportunity for me.... he held his seat after a swing of 7000 left him with an 800 majority (give or take) 

Dear Daniel,

All over the world, we are seeing the devastating impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Without a huge national effort to halt the growth of this virus, there will come a moment when no health service in the world could possibly cope.

It is vital that we slow the spread of this disease so that we reduce the number of people needing hospital treatment at any one time.

That way, we can protect the NHS and save more lives.

Daniel, will you share this important video explaining why people need to stay at home?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

While huge numbers of people have been staying home, the time has now come for us all to do more. It is critical that we stop the disease spreading between households.  

That’s why you will only be allowed to leave your home for the following reasons:

Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible

One form of exercise a day – alone or with members of your household

Any medical need, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person

Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home

These are the only reasons you should leave your home. 

I know the damage that this disruption is doing and will do to your life, and to businesses and to jobs. But I also know that the people of this country will rise to the challenge and we will come through this stronger than ever.  

We will beat the coronavirus and we will beat it together. Stay at home and save lives.

Thank you,

Boris Johnson
Prime Minister

http://e.conservatives.com/lnk/AG8AAExWtaIAAcfNk-gAAJu5AE8AAAAABi0AIBNpAA78UABee6WphjbV9e-AR0KwDFvYOXq6PgANeMk/2/Yt7HwgrnZaERxfZkwwVVOg/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tL2Jvcmlzam9obnNvbi9wb3N0cy8xMDE1NzI3MzQ0ODk5NjMxNz91dG1fc291cmNlPW5ld3NsZXR0ZXImdXRtX21lZGl1bT1lbWFpbCZ0dW1fY2FtcGFpZ249MTcyNCZ1dG1fY29udGVudD1taWRkbGUtaW1hZ2U

Edited by Dannie Boy

The Internet

30k confirmed cases in new york. Anyone who's been to new york is probably completely unsurprised by how it's spread there. 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

30k confirmed cases in new york. Anyone who's been to new york is probably completely unsurprised by how it's spread there. 

Yuo.. and like London they’ve little to no chance of slowing it down 

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

57 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Edit

Edited by vegas-voss

The Mighty Thor
31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Fecking brilliant, I'm Group A which was the highest group for catching and dying from this.

However I'm A neg so don't know if that could make a difference, would need to see more data on this.

Is that really a thing?

I thought it was unfounded tosh?

Government announcement here in Cayman Islands. 48 hours complete lockdown from 7pm tonight. All shops, businesses, banks, garages, everything except essential services is to close and people are to stay indoors until 5am Saturday morning. We have 8 cases out of a total population of 60k. My job is considered an essential service so I can get about to work and back but other than that, the whole island is housebound 😷😬 

37 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Bit harsh there, chaps.

They launch ships as well.

Show some respect, eh?

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Bit harsh there, chaps.

They launch ships as well.

Show some respect, eh?

Need ####ing launched alright.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I would like to get the antibody test for me and my wife in the future to prove if we've had it or not. Talking about it being around earlier in UK we transited through Gatwick on 20/21 Jan on way to a Caribbean holiday staying in a Airport hotel and eating in packed restaurant.  Towards end of 1st week I developed what I thought was a cold which anoyed me as had one just before xmas. My wife got it middle of second week. My wife being worse than me it floored her. Shivering, bad cough didn't get dressed for days. etc. I was just a bit breathless with a cough after a few days. We joked it was normally me that gets man flu. Back then in January we thought no way we could have had it but now Im not so sure the more I hear about symptoms. I hope they roll the test out for everyone eventually. 

Are we allowed to discuss those people abroad who now want to come home and are blaming everybody but themselves for their predicament ?

If any of them travelled outwards this month them I am finding it hard to show much sympathy.

They took a chance and it has backfired on them.

Of course there will be many on their 'round the world trips' or holidays who left earlier but even then many knew what was coming and ignored it refusing to come home when they could have done with far fewer problems.

There will be genuine reasons of course but many are just now pleading to get home without any acceptance of responsibility

Of course the other side of it is the profiteering shown by airlines many of whom will want a bail out using our money.  They are a disgrace and should be labeled as such

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Are we allowed to discuss those people abroad who now want to come home and are blaming everybody but themselves for their predicament ?

If any of them travelled outwards this month them I am finding it hard to show much sympathy.

They took a chance and it has backfired on them.

Of course there will be many on their 'round the world trips' or holidays who left earlier but even then many knew what was coming and ignored it refusing to come home when they could have done with far fewer problems.

There will be genuine reasons of course but many are just now pleading to get home without any acceptance of responsibility

Of course the other side of it is the profiteering shown by airlines many of whom will want a bail out using our money.  They are a disgrace and should be labeled as such

It's really just a different type of indifference / ignorance that has been displayed by the vast numbers of people in the UK who have willfully or obliviously carried on life as if nothing is happening.     People who only recognise things when their stupidity comes back to take a big wet bite out of their arse.

Of course,   there are bound to be people who did attempt to return home but who have ended up stranded.    

Jambo-Jimbo
23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Is that really a thing?

I thought it was unfounded tosh?

Quite a few articles about it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-pandemic-blood-type-susceptible-infection-china-study-a9409331.html

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/is-blood-type-linked-to-covid-19-risk#Conclusion-might-be-purely-coincidental

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Fact-Checking-Blood-type-impacts-Coronavirus-569038611.html

Of course this is only a preliminary study, so the results might change with more research.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic