Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

1121 is the number of actual people who tested positive for the first time that day. 1254 is the number of tests conducted that came back positive. So there are 133 tests that are of people who have already tested positive, they are not new cases, but the tests are used to work out the positivity %. I presume that is how the WHO want it done for the 5% thing. 

A positive LFT will always be backed up later by a PCR test, may explain the difference in positive results..

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Obesity is a bigger strain on the NHS than alchol or smoking. It really is time something was done to encourage people to stop in the same way we have done with smoking at a lesser extent alcohol, 

I do wonder if a health campaign about importance of not being overweight and some initiative to help support people. Together with info about boosting ones own immune etc would have had a positive impact on this crisis. 

I know we have sugar tax but I would tax unhealthy food  so as  to discourage use and I’m not talking a little bit, a 100% type tax on the stuff. 

Or what they could do is make it cheaper to buy healthy food. My diet when on point is around £250/£300 a month thats before i add in protein and supps. 

I don’t know for a fact but I would imagine that most foods that are able to be purchased by poverty stricken families or people would be less healthy. Def worth looking into it as I would imagine there is also a correlation between poverty and obesity. 

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I had a look back at the weekly vaccination numbers for the first few weeks in order to gauge the number of 2nd doses that will need to be administered over the next few weeks.

The weekly reports covered the periods up to 10th January.

w/e 13/12  Cumulative 1st doses 18,734 - 2nd doses due by 7th March

w/e 20/12  Cumulative 1st doses 58,800 - 2nd doses due by 14th March

w/e 27/12  Cumulative 1st doses 92,324 - 2nd doses due by 21st March

w/e 03/01  Cumulative 1st doses 113,459 - 2nd doses due by 28th March

w/e 10/01  Cumulative 1st doses 163,377 - 2nd doses due by 4th April

20,409 2nd doses have been administered thus far, so there should be little problem achieving the early March deadlines.

On a personal note, my wife had her first dose on 12 December and is due to get her second tomorrow (with a couple of weeks to spare), while I get my first next week.

My wife in social care was given access to the NHS staff portal.

She got her first Pfizer jag on 28 January and was told by her work the portal is up and running to book 2nd jag and now booked in for 1st April, exactly 9 weeks although she was provided a 3 week window.  That said, my wife hasn't got the email yet she was meant to tell her it was ok to log onto her account to book.

I also get Vimeo links from NHS for being on their volunteer list and NHS  Lothian staff are being told Pfizer jags for them will be available from 9 weeks as a recommended gap.

About 25% of her colleagues couldn't get registered for the online portal and needed to phone the central reservation number to book for first apointments, are now getting texts to call again to book for 2nd doses.

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Or what they could do is make it cheaper to buy healthy food. My diet when on point is around £250/£300 a month thats before i add in protein and supps. 

I don’t know for a fact but I would imagine that most foods that are able to be purchased by poverty stricken families or people would be less healthy. Def worth looking into it as I would imagine there is also a correlation between poverty and obesity. 

I'm not sure about the too expensive thing. Since I stopped eating junk a couple of years back, I've spent less on food.

Frozen fish, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, ingredients for stews etc are affordable. Can't speak for fruit as that's my area of weakness, I hardly eat any. 

I reckon I spend about £5 a day on food on average (excluding takeaway) and have 3 varied and balanced meals to about 2500 - 3000 calories. Usually something like:

Yoghurt and honey for breakfast

Chicken and mixed peppers with spinach salad for lunch 

Stew or fish and veg for dinner

That's equivalent to about 1 Chicago town pizza and couple of rustler's burger cost wise.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I'm not sure about the too expensive thing. Since I stopped eating junk a couple of years back, I've spent less on food.

Frozen fish, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, ingredients for stews etc are affordable. Can't speak for fruit as that's my area of weakness, I hardly eat any. 

I reckon I spend about £5 a day on food on average (excluding takeaway) and have 3 varied and balanced meals to about 2500 - 3000 calories. Usually something like:

That's equivalent to about 1 Chicago town pizza and couple of rustler's burger cost wise.

Is that just for you? Thats what £150 a month. Not sure where that fits into a average wage and costings but its still quite a lot per person imo if you then have to feed a family. I think healthy foods should have a lower cost. If thats offset by making more unhealthy food more expensive then fair enough.

I think foodbanks could possibly have a specific aim for products. They tend to offer things like a couple of ready meals , lots of soup , tinned veg , pasta and veg. But they also get given a lot of biscuits , crisps etc which obv arent healthy. People contribute these things and its awesome they do. Possibly if foodbanks and the supermarkets worked together the value of the products purchased and donated could be used to get better foodstuffs to help people. 

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that just for you? Thats what £150 a month. Not sure where that fits into a average wage and costings but its still quite a lot per person imo if you then have to feed a family. I think healthy foods should have a lower cost. If thats offset by making more unhealthy food more expensive then fair enough.

I think foodbanks could possibly have a specific aim for products. They tend to offer things like a couple of ready meals , lots of soup , tinned veg , pasta and veg. But they also get given a lot of biscuits , crisps etc which obv arent healthy. People contribute these things and its awesome they do. Possibly if foodbanks and the supermarkets worked together the value of the products purchased and donated could be used to get better foodstuffs to help people. 

Yeh just me, and my girlfriend eats here 2-3 nights a week. It's £1800 a year, I guess it's just something I prioritise quite highly. What's more important than the food you fuel your body with? Start with that and work backwards on what you've got left to spend on other things. For example, I don't have any outgoings on my car per month beyond fuel, insurance and tax (which is £30 a year). I'd like a car newer than a '14 plate but its lower on my priorities and I'm very happy with it.

It's about half of what you spend, how many is that for? It wouldn't cost me another £150 per person to scale up my diet to cater for more, I reckon I could feed 2 adults everyday on the same diet for £250 per month, but equally you then have two earners as well so it's even cheaper. I don't know how much kids cost to feed but surely it's nowhere near what an adult costs as they need a lot less.

Minimum wage would give you c.£1400 a month take home pay, I don't think 10-12% on what keeps you alive and fuelled is too much.

Edit: my main point though was that I don't think you could eat the supposedly super cheap junk for drastically less each month. I used to spend more when I was eating pizzas, burgers and ready meals etc. Say you buy the 3 for £5 ready meals, you could easily make more volume and more than 3 meals for £5 buying the ingredients and making a stew in a slow cooker. I don't believe it's cost that prohibitive there. 

Edited by Taffin

5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

My wife in social care was given access to the NHS staff portal.

She got her first Pfizer jag on 28 January and was told by her work the portal is up and running to book 2nd jag and now booked in for 1st April, exactly 9 weeks although she was provided a 3 week window.  That said, my wife hasn't got the email yet she was meant to tell her it was ok to log onto her account to book.

I also get Vimeo links from NHS for being on their volunteer list and NHS  Lothian staff are being told Pfizer jags for them will be available from 9 weeks as a recommended gap.

About 25% of her colleagues couldn't get registered for the online portal and needed to phone the central reservation number to book for first apointments, are now getting texts to call again to book for 2nd doses.

And on the back of NHS Lothian appearing to offer frontline workers Pfizer on 9 weeks, instead of 12, this popped up on my Twitter.

This is a concern I have that too many people were being jagged too quickly and not enough supplies being retained for supply challenge contingency.

Hopefully, the 'huge' ramp up we did from start February doesn't lead to bigger problems in a few weeks time.

Edited by DETTY29

20 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

It was very obvious today. She had no answers for her or the SG failure to act on the reports highlighting the short comings of preparedness.

Admitting they dealt with Covid like it was flu is a helpful admission. 

Need to hear from the scientists though. I certainly knew it wasn't like flu in January 2020. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Admitting they dealt with Covid like it was flu is a helpful admission. 

Need to hear from the scientists though. I certainly knew it wasn't like flu in January 2020. 

While it's of utmost importance that all Governments are held to account by opposition parties its ridiculously hypocritical for the Conservatives to be the ones slinging mud in the Scottish parliament and having a go. That whole situation is completely laughable.

The response across the whole UK has been nothing short of shambolic with politics playing an unwelcome role on both sides.  It's also showed up the many glaring problems in our society that these arseholes should be concentrating on fixing instead of heading further down the road to US style popularity politics.

Would be nice to have some respectable adults in charge.

48 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh just me, and my girlfriend eats here 2-3 nights a week. It's £1800 a year, I guess it's just something I prioritise quite highly. What's more important than the food you fuel your body with? Start with that and work backwards on what you've got left to spend on other things. For example, I don't have any outgoings on my car per month beyond fuel, insurance and tax (which is £30 a year). I'd like a car newer than a '14 plate but its lower on my priorities and I'm very happy with it.

It's about half of what you spend, how many is that for? It wouldn't cost me another £150 per person to scale up my diet to cater for more, I reckon I could feed 2 adults everyday on the same diet for £250 per month, but equally you then have two earners as well so it's even cheaper. I don't know how much kids cost to feed but surely it's nowhere near what an adult costs as they need a lot less.

Minimum wage would give you c.£1400 a month take home pay, I don't think 10-12% on what keeps you alive and fuelled is too much.

Edit: my main point though was that I don't think you could eat the supposedly super cheap junk for drastically less each month. I used to spend more when I was eating pizzas, burgers and ready meals etc. Say you buy the 3 for £5 ready meals, you could easily make more volume and more than 3 meals for £5 buying the ingredients and making a stew in a slow cooker. I don't believe it's cost that prohibitive there. 

Mine was just for me 🥴

Yeah makes sense. Im not thinking about two earners in the house though im thinking about people in a poverty stricken position but I guess your point on costings is still valid. Maybe it needs tackled from an education point of view to show people how they can eat like that. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Mine was just for me 🥴

Yeah makes sense. Im not thinking about two earners in the house though im thinking about people in a poverty stricken position but I guess your point on costings is still valid. Maybe it needs tackled from an education point of view to show people how they can eat like that. 

Should be as compulsory in school as English and Maths in my book. When you look at the societal impact on health.  

7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

While it's of utmost importance that all Governments are held to account by opposition parties its ridiculously hypocritical for the Conservatives to be the ones slinging mud in the Scottish parliament and having a go. That whole situation is completely laughable.

The response across the whole UK has been nothing short of shambolic with politics playing an unwelcome role on both sides.  It's also showed up the many glaring problems in our society that these arseholes should be concentrating on fixing instead of heading further down the road to US style popularity politics.

Would be nice to have some respectable adults in charge.

Its maybe not the time for this debate.

I'm open minded though also very  critical of how we didn't get to grips with what could have been a more manageable situation.

While there are arguments for earlier lockdowns etc what could have caught Governments unaware was the health of people. And how little they cared. I think we'll find the vast majority of deaths were people with avoidable conditions. As people on here have said re obesity etc, we might have a good NHS but there are serious health issues. People are responsible for themselves but Governments have taken their eyes off the ball. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

I buy loads of fruit for the kids, grapes, strawberries, apples an blueberries mostly and they are extortionate.

I eat the odd banana now and again as that's about all I can afford and I'm on a fairly decent wage.

It must be really hard for low income families to buy fresh fruit.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its maybe not the time for this debate.

I'm open minded though also very  critical of how we didn't get to grips with what could have been a more manageable situation.

While there are arguments for earlier lockdowns etc what could have caught Governments unaware was the health of people. And how little they cared. I think we'll find the vast majority of deaths were people with avoidable conditions. As people on here have said re obesity etc, we might have a good NHS but there are serious health issues. People are responsible for themselves but Governments have taken their eyes off the ball. 

Agree, probably not the time and it's a very complex issue as it gets in to structure of the economy being so reliant on services etc.

Must admit the whole thing gets me quite down at times.  In positive news both my parents got their 1st jab yesterday which gives a chink of light closer to home.

16 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I buy loads of fruit for the kids, grapes, strawberries, apples an blueberries mostly and they are extortionate.

I eat the odd banana now and again as that's about all I can afford and I'm on a fairly decent wage.

It must be really hard for low income families to buy fresh fruit.

I'm worried now that I'm some out of touch oaf like Boris who's lavishly buying luxuries without realising it. I thought bananas were about 20p and apples about 30p?

I don't eat a lot of fruit though in fairness so I am a bit out of touch on that. Veg is cheap though.

Though I do go through a number of these in the summer in smoothies:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/295653714?currentModal=amendExpired

I thought it was quite reasonably priced to be fair. A kilo goes quite a long way.

Edited by Taffin

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm worried now that I'm some out of touch oaf like Boris who's lavishly buying luxuries without realising it. I thought bananas were about 20p and apples about 30p?

I don't eat a lot of fruit though in fairness so I am a bit out of touch on that. Veg is cheap though.

Though I do go through a number of these in the summer in smoothies:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/295653714?currentModal=amendExpired

I thought it was quite reasonably priced to be fair. A kilo goes quite a long way.

Bananas are cheap but the kids don't like them so I buy them for myself. Apples are cheap if you buy the tasteless ones.

Strawberries, grapes and blueberries are pricey though especially if you have a few mouths to feed.

Frozen veg is great and yeah cheap enough.

22 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Close the borders and no one comes in or out 

No tourists allowed into Scotland and we can’t leave the country. 

Can’t wait 🙄

Scotland has recorded 57 deaths from coronavirus and 685 positive tests in the past 24 hours, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

It brings the death toll under this measure – of people who first tested positive for the virus within the previous 28 days – to 6,885.

Speaking at the Scottish Government coronavirus briefing, Ms Sturgeon said 194,954 people have tested positive in Scotland, up from 194,269 the previous day.

The daily test positivity rate is 3.8%, down from 5.2%.

There are 1,261 people in hospital confirmed to have the virus, down 56 in 24 hours, and 95 patients are in intensive care, down four.

She said by 8.30am on Thursday a total of 1,354,966 Scots had received their first dose of the coronavirus vaccine – an increase of 34,892 from the previous day.

scott herbertson

3.8% positivity and 685 cases =- good news,  Hospital and ICU numbers down too

Progress being made towards getting out of this

Edited by scott herbertson

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

Sorry to put a damper on it but just like yesterday's spike in numbers shouldn't be taken in isolation neither should today's drop. Over all we are pretty much where we were last week which is a bit depressing.

I don't think so really - we haven't been as low as 3.8% positivity for months and even taking into account margins of error case numbers for the first four days are  are lower than last week. But as you say it needs to keep up over a longer period

Overall the reduction of the wave is pretty good and it's not that surprising it's taking a while to come down.  The effects of vaccinations are only just beginning to feed into the suppression.  The recent variants are quite infectious.  At least twice as infectious as seasonal flu and maybe three times.

As vaccinations really begin to roll out down through the age groups,  at some point the ending of restrictions will result in the positive cases beginning to rise again,  but that the sharp end figures should remain fairly stable.  It could be that we have to accept a fairly high level of virus circulating if the hospitalisations remain suppressed via immunised people.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

The 7 day average numbers are pretty much the same this Thursday as last Thursday. Also on the test positivity %, Thursday seems to be the lowest number every week??

The positivity was low last Thursday (4%) but not in the previous weeks, seems just like any other day. Though I agree to be the lowest twice suggests there may be some context to that.. Haven't looked at the 7 day case numbers but I think they will be lower (I wait for Redjambo to do the magic graphic on that after 2 )

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Sorry to put a damper on it but just like yesterday's spike in numbers shouldn't be taken in isolation neither should today's drop. Over all we are pretty much where we were last week which is a bit depressing.

People in hospital are dropping a fair bit every day. That's a better indicator than positive tests, as the number of people getting tested fluctuates so much

The reason Edinburgh never seems to drop below 60, well since early Sep, 2020 is because they keep managing to find 'hot spots'.  The general community numbers are pretty good I suspect, considering we're in the middle of a pnademic living in a greater conurbation totalling 600K

Footballfirst
41 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

The positivity was low last Thursday (4%) but not in the previous weeks, seems just like any other day. Though I agree to be the lowest twice suggests there may be some context to that.. Haven't looked at the 7 day case numbers but I think they will be lower (I wait for Redjambo to do the magic graphic on that after 2 )

7 day case rates (to Thursdays) for Scotland this year are:

7 Jan - 2,323

14 Jan - 1,909

21 Jan - 1,593

28 Jan - 1,188

4 Feb - 984

11 Feb - 822

18 Feb - 826

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

7 day case rates (to Thursdays) for Scotland this year are:

7 Jan - 2,323

14 Jan - 1,909

21 Jan - 1,593

28 Jan - 1,188

4 Feb - 984

11 Feb - 822

18 Feb - 826

Ah - thanks

not so good as I thought then

It's a shallow decine because it's an infectious virus of about 5.0 R0 value and we're only really in a sort of partial lockdown.  There's enough interaction of various kinds to keep fuelling this wave,  albeit enough suppression to drive it down.  

As more vaccine gets into the younger groups,  transmission will increasingly be disrupted.  This will lead to much more efficient suppression.  But... restrictions will be eased,  which means less suppression.  

Finding and sustaining an equilibrium is the magic trick that needs performed.

Scottish numbers: 18 February 2021

Summary

• 685 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-436]
  • 21,280 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 3.8% of these were positive [-2,523; -1.4%]
  • 57 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-7]
  • 95 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-4]
  • 1,261 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-56]
  • 1,354,966 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 24,169 have received their second dose [+34,892; +3,760]

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     16 Feb 15 Feb 14 Feb 13 Feb 12 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     105 108 -3   102 103 110 104 104 ... 98
East Ayrshire 4 3 278 331 -53   312 319 316 284 254 ... 153
Falkirk 4 2 233 214 +19   187 196 205 190 183 ... 60
Clackmannanshire 4 3 221 231 -10   233 229 221 227 211 ... 148
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 205 228 -23   219 227 224 201 182 ... 120
West Lothian 4 3 198 192 +6   177 164 152 100 106 ... 83
Renfrewshire 4 3 173 183 -10   168 159 166 147 152 ... 116
North Lanarkshire 4 3 166 170 -4   146 149 167 161 160 ... 119
Stirling 4 3 158 163 -5   157 159 165 160 153 ... 70
South Lanarkshire 4 3 138 147 -9   141 146 151 150 147 ... 120
Parliamo Glasgow 4 3 130 137 -7   131 133 153 144 145 ... 129
North Ayrshire 4 3 122 132 -10   134 135 144 135 129 ... 175
East Renfrewshire 4 3 111 106 +5   103 109 127 106 106 ... 101
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 109 105 +4   112 116 124 116 124 ... 22
Midlothian 4 3 105 110 -5   107 97 100 98 98 ... 136
Inverclyde 4 2 84 94 -10   100 104 100 99 104 ... 59
Edinburgh City 4 3 75 69 +6   62 60 62 61 63 ... 109
Moray 4 1 71 75 -4   75 67 78 72 77 ... 13
East Lothian 4 3 70 66 +4   63 58 78 73 81 ... 148
Fife 4 3 70 60 +10   62 56 55 53 52 ... 97
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 64 67 -3   56 69 83 83 96 ... 70
Perth & Kinross 4 3 64 56 +8   59 55 64 71 59 ... 126
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 61 45 +16   50 68 79 83 87 ... 29
South Ayrshire 4 3 59 63 -4   67 72 85 91 94 ... 98
Angus 4 2 55 54 +1   53 53 61 67 79 ... 37
Highland 4/3 1 53 61 -8   56 58 62 59 61 ... 17
Dundee City 4 3 50 43 +7   40 38 40 40 54 ... 113
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 49 64 -15   70 73 86 87 93 ... 32
Aberdeenshire 4 3 37 40 -3   40 45 49 49 41 ... 88
Aberdeen City 4 3 32 36 -4   33 35 41 43 40 ... 163
Scottish Borders 4 1 28 31 -3   27 29 29 31 35 ... 85
Orkney Islands 3 1 18 22 -4   27 27 27 27 27 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 4 4 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     17912 18318 -406   17622 17424 18373 17754 17137 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     5.4 5.4 0.0   5.3 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.5 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1290 1322 -32   1352 1384 1418 1455 1494 ... 975
ICU     104 106 -2   108 109 110 111 112 ... 50
Deaths     41 40 +1   38 39 40 40 40 ... 25
All Vaccinations     45314 48864 -3550   52109 56064 55497 55852 53631    
1st Dose     43746 47786 -4040   51412 55481 54930 55288 53016    
2nd Dose     1568 1078 +490   697 583 567 564 615    

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     16 Feb 15 Feb 14 Feb 13 Feb 12 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     105 108 -3   102 103 110 104 104 ... 98
East Ayrshire 4 3 278 331 -53   312 319 316 284 254 ... 153
Falkirk 4 2 233 214 +19   187 196 205 190 183 ... 60
Clackmannanshire 4 3 221 231 -10   233 229 221 227 211 ... 148
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 205 228 -23   219 227 224 201 182 ... 120
West Lothian 4 3 198 192 +6   177 164 152 100 106 ... 83
Renfrewshire 4 3 173 183 -10   168 159 166 147 152 ... 116
North Lanarkshire 4 3 166 170 -4   146 149 167 161 160 ... 119
Stirling 4 3 158 163 -5   157 159 165 160 153 ... 70
South Lanarkshire 4 3 138 147 -9   141 146 151 150 147 ... 120
Parliamo Glasgow 4 3 130 137 -7   131 133 153 144 145 ... 129
North Ayrshire 4 3 122 132 -10   134 135 144 135 129 ... 175
East Renfrewshire 4 3 111 106 +5   103 109 127 106 106 ... 101
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 109 105 +4   112 116 124 116 124 ... 22
Midlothian 4 3 105 110 -5   107 97 100 98 98 ... 136
Inverclyde 4 2 84 94 -10   100 104 100 99 104 ... 59
Edinburgh City 4 3 75 69 +6   62 60 62 61 63 ... 109
Moray 4 1 71 75 -4   75 67 78 72 77 ... 13
East Lothian 4 3 70 66 +4   63 58 78 73 81 ... 148
Fife 4 3 70 60 +10   62 56 55 53 52 ... 97
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 64 67 -3   56 69 83 83 96 ... 70
Perth & Kinross 4 3 64 56 +8   59 55 64 71 59 ... 126
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 61 45 +16   50 68 79 83 87 ... 29
South Ayrshire 4 3 59 63 -4   67 72 85 91 94 ... 98
Angus 4 2 55 54 +1   53 53 61 67 79 ... 37
Highland 4/3 1 53 61 -8   56 58 62 59 61 ... 17
Dundee City 4 3 50 43 +7   40 38 40 40 54 ... 113
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 49 64 -15   70 73 86 87 93 ... 32
Aberdeenshire 4 3 37 40 -3   40 45 49 49 41 ... 88
Aberdeen City 4 3 32 36 -4   33 35 41 43 40 ... 163
Scottish Borders 4 1 28 31 -3   27 29 29 31 35 ... 85
Orkney Islands 3 1 18 22 -4   27 27 27 27 27 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 4 4 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     17912 18318 -406   17622 17424 18373 17754 17137 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     5.4 5.4 0.0   5.3 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.5 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1290 1322 -32   1352 1384 1418 1455 1494 ... 975
ICU     104 106 -2   108 109 110 111 112 ... 50
Deaths     41 40 +1   38 39 40 40 40 ... 25
All Vaccinations     45314 48864 -3550   52109 56064 55497 55852 53631    
1st Dose     43746 47786 -4040   51412 55481 54930 55288 53016    
2nd Dose     1568 1078 +490   697 583 567 564 615    

👍

23 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Revised vaccination data announced, with a couple of changes in movements, a new reporting indicator and something that unless I'm mistaken, just does not make sense.

70-74 years old increase from 88% to 90%.  This is the only 'key mid Feb' cohort where we were behind Wales in take up rates but that gap has narrowed from 2% to 0.5% over last 2 days.

65-69 years old increase from 58% to 64% with 109k to do by end month.

Clinically vulnerable now reported with 143752 1st dose vaccinated against 179267 target (80% - this compares with Wales who have been reporting) - this compares with Wales but the target is virtually 70k above the initial estimate of 110k in the Scotland Vaccination Document

What doesn't makes sense however is the addition now that the clinically vulnerable are included unless they are also counted in other categories

30355 - CHR

41210 - CHS

285054 - FH&SC

143752 -CEV

271528 - 80+

201356 - 75 - 79

250986 - 70 - 74

190651 - 65 -69

1,414, 892 compared to a quoted 1st dose total 1,320,074,  a difference of 94,818

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SG Text

As at 8:30am on Wednesday 17 February:

• 1,320,074 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 20,409 have received their second dose

Latest progress on first doses for the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) priority groups as at 8:30am on Wednesday 17 February:

• 30,355 care home residents (exceeding the initial target for residents in older adult care homes and 95% of residents in all care homes)
  • 41,210 care home staff (92% of staff in older adult care homes and 79% of staff in all care homes)
  • 285,054 frontline health and social care workers exceeding the initial target provided by Health Boards.
  • 143,752 people who are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (80% of those on the shielding list).

Latest progress for each age group on first doses shows we have vaccinated:

• 271,528 people aged 80 or over (exceeding estimated population based on the latest mid-2019 population estimates)
  • 201,356 people aged 75-79 (exceeding estimated population)
  • 250,986 people aged 70-74 (90%)
  • 190,651 people aged 65-69 (64%)

Only key changes yesterday are that are a small number of percentage points in the 3 outstanding JCVI categories

70-74 years old increase from 90% to 92%.  

65-69 years old increase from 64% to 69% 

Clinically Extremely Vulnerable 80 - 83%

I didn't catch the chat today about supply data, but this was included today.

COVID-19 Vaccine supply data

As of Monday 15th February:

- Total number of doses allocated: 1,618,320

- Total number of doses delivered: 1,520,690

As of Sunday 14th 1.31m vaccines had been administered.

From the deployment document previously withdrawn we are only meant to be in receipt of 80k doses this week , and 200k next, before supply ramp up starts again.  (Not withstanding that Pfizer has apparently rescheduled delivery of supplies)

FULL SG Text

As at 8:30am on Thursday 18 February:

• 1,354,966 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 24,169 have received their second dose
  • 30,01 care home residents (exceeding the initial target for residents in older adult care homes and 95% of residents in all care homes)
  • 41,501 care home staff (92% of staff in older adult care homes and 80% of staff in all care homes)
  • 286,355 frontline health and social care workers exceeding the initial target provided by Health Boards.
  • 148,168 people who are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (83% of those on the shielding list).

Latest progress for each age group on first doses shows we have vaccinated:

• 272,333 people aged 80 or over (exceeding estimated population based on the latest mid-2019 population estimates)
  • 203,726 people aged 75-79 (exceeding estimated population)
  • 256,381 people aged 70-74 (92%)
  • 207,534 people aged 65-69 (69%)

COVID-19 Vaccine supply data

As of Monday 15th February:

• total number of doses allocated: 1,618,320
  • Total number of doses delivered: 1,520,690

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Maybe the reason for the recent spike.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-st-james-quarter-50-19862918

More than ten cases of coronavirus have now been identified at the site of the new Edinburgh St James Quarter project which is due to open in the spiring of 2021

Think there was a spike at the Burtons buscuit factory too.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Maybe the reason for the recent spike.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-st-james-quarter-50-19862918

More than ten cases of coronavirus have now been identified at the site of the new Edinburgh St James Quarter project which is due to open in the spiring of 2021

That's echoed in the 75 cases with a specimen date of 16 February reported in today's stats.   That will also be included in tomorrow's calculation which will see the city's 7 day/100k rate rise from 62 to 70 or more.

Edited by Footballfirst

53 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The GP’s has called the wife to say all paperwork submitted, to stop the father and law falling through the cracks. 

The GP has said they expect that he will be done prior to Monday and if not to contact them again and they will chase it up. 

🤞all sorted over weekend,

Great news.

On 14/02/2021 at 11:29, jonesy said:

I think the NZ/Oz approach, while obviously working in the short term, is somewhat akin to kitting out your home in lovely white carpets, then shite yerself everytime anyone carries a cup of coffee or glass of red wine to the sofa.

I knew a wifey who deliberately marked her carpets on day 1 if they were new. Her reasoning being "It'll happen at some point. May as well do it now instead of stressing about it for ages and having a meltdown when it eventually happens."

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

The GP’s has called the wife to say all paperwork submitted, to stop the father and law falling through the cracks. 

The GP has said they expect that he will be done prior to Monday and if not to contact them again and they will chase it up. 

Glad to hear it BJ 👍🏻

9 hours ago, Taffin said:

Honey? That has more calories than sugar however can taste nicer and less is needed to give the food its sweeter taste. I tend to have apples and greek youghart or poached eggs with maybe veg sausages for breakfast.  I avoid potatos , bread etc with lunch and if i have any meat i just have veg as side dishes. Have mackeral fish twice per week with friend tomatoes 

4 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

You really need to get a we job with Nicola as one of her advisors. You are on the same wave length as her 

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

People in hospital are dropping a fair bit every day. That's a better indicator than positive tests, as the number of people getting tested fluctuates so much

Yep.  Death and hospital admissions and ICU all seem to be going down so thats great. 

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The Greeks are in dire need of tourists.

Israel and Greece agreed to trial allow vaccinated people to travel freely between countries. Whilst trying to agree similar with the U.K.; at least in principle.

Greece sounds just wonderful but you can keep Israel.  

33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Honey? That has more calories than sugar however can taste nicer and less is needed to give the food its sweeter taste. 

Yeh, 300 cals per 100g but we're talking probably 50 cals for the amount I use each day. When I go to town with pancakes I use sugar free syrup at 2 cal per 100g 👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
32 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I’ve been posting for weeks about how great it is numbers are going down and you are calling me out for one post, factually correct btw, about how I am disappointed things have stalled this week.

If we want restrictions to be eased we need all the numbers to go down, the quicker that happens the better. 

do we know if restrictions are likely to be re-introduced next winter or is there no real intention on that yet?

like you say we don’t want to open up too quick but if restrictions are to be re-introduced next winter there might not be that many months of ‘freedom’ in between

40 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Whitehall plans for rapid reopening of the economy.

COVID-19 lockdown: Revealed - Whitehall plans for rapid reopening of shops, pubs and restaurants | Politics News | Sky News

So what is it to be, cautious approach or rapid from Bojo?

I guess we'll find out on Monday

The megalomaniac will keep things tight here 

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic