Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Aberdeens numbers suggested they should be in tier 2. That’s not bias. Edinburgh’s numbers suggested they should be in tier 2 but are in 3. Speculate all you want on what that is. 

No need to speculate..just plain bias and  a failure of leadership...easy

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nicola Sturgeon is an Edinburgh hate *****. Edinburgh have been tier 1 standard for ****ing ages let alone tier 2. Need to get her out when the election begins. An absolute ****ing disgrace of a human

17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I voted Labour in the last election but that doesn't suit your agenda.

Educate yourself ya wee Snazi.

Good for you. I'm not surprised in the least.

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

Edinburgh not going into tier two is consistent with the other decisions on moving down to tier 2. 

I think it is wrong, but it isn’t any different than other areas have been treated. 

So you don’t think Sturgeon has a political agenda against Edinburgh?

Well I’ve just changed my mind in voting SNP in May. She put a nail in her coffin today for me.  I will vote for independence if it comes up. 

Heartsmad1874
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The SNP really don't like people having a drink.

Thats now new though. They have always been like that, hate people having fun.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, CJGJ said:

Is the City of Edinburgh council now going to stand up for it's citizens ?

Or will Mr McVey and co now go into hiding ?

Send him a gentle reminder of just who he is responsible for

[email protected]

Just had a look at his twitter page. He has the cheek to call UK government liars, but conveniently ignored his own mistresses lies that are spouted on daily basis. 

This Paisley prick will never defend Edinburgh from SNP, and is prime example of SNP seeding councils with people who have nothing in common with area they represent. 

He should answer to Edinburgh and its residents and fight for us, but no, he follows mantra of NS no matter what. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Nicola Sturgeon is an Edinburgh hate *****. Edinburgh have been tier 1 standard for ****ing ages let alone tier 2. Need to get her out when the election begins. An absolute ****ing disgrace of a human

Bring back Alex Salmond.

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Well I’ve just changed my mind in voting SNP in May. She put a nail in her coffin today for me.  I will vote for independence if it comes up. 

Who will you vote for? Don't need to answer that of course just interested who you reckon would do a better job of running the country let alone the pandemic issues.

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see resident SNP &  NS cheerleader on the case. No doubt accusing people if personal attacks and whatever else, all to deflect away from latest news. 

So, if I’m getting this right. Edinburgh should be in level 2 but is in level 3, Glasgow should be in level 4 but is in level 3 and Aberdeen should be in level 3 but is in level 2.

I’ve been avoiding Covid chat for a bit but surely the above isn’t really true? 

Just now, GinRummy said:

So, if I’m getting this right. Edinburgh should be in level 2 but is in level 3, Glasgow should be in level 4 but is in level 3 and Aberdeen should be in level 3 but is in level 2.

Edinburgh are tier 1 standard and have been for a while 

One of the lines used today for not moving Edinburgh to tier 2 for the festive period is due to the fact it's "Scotland's 2nd biggest city".

So how on earth can she justify having Aberdeen (Scotland's 3rd biggest city) in tier 2 with worse numbers than us?! Do they not celebrate the festive period in Aberdeen? 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Who will you vote for? Don't need to answer that of course just interested who you reckon would do a better job of running the country let alone the pandemic issues.

Reckon I will vote for whoever has best chance if defeating SNP candidate, regardless of their party. 

Can't face more years If Nicola Thatcher and her cronies. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Dano307 said:

One of the lines used today for not moving Edinburgh to tier 2 for the festive period is due to the fact it's "Scotland's 2nd biggest city".

So how on earth can she justify having Aberdeen (Scotland's 3rd biggest city) in tier 2 with worse numbers than us?! Do they not celebrate the festive period in Aberdeen? 

To busy sheep shagging to celebrate anything.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just had a look at his twitter page. He has the cheek to call UK government liars, but conveniently ignored his own mistresses lies that are spouted on daily basis. 

This Paisley prick will never defend Edinburgh from SNP, and is prime example of SNP seeding councils with people who have nothing in common with area they represent. 

He should answer to Edinburgh and its residents and fight for us, but no, he follows mantra of NS no matter what. 

These clowncillors are only in it to get promoted up onto the MSP lists.  Absolutely no care at all for the people or businesses of Edinburgh.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Reckon I will vote for whoever has best chance if defeating SNP candidate, regardless of their party. 

I've done that successfully in Edinburgh West by going Lib Dem.  Check out the recent voting patterns and vote for whoever is second.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pretty much. Edinburgh won't be tier 2 till Glasgow can join it. If it was other way round, she would not be exercising same point if view. 

The Real Maroonblood

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We could get Trump after January 20th to lead us.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not the Greens or the Tories. Doesn’t leave much😍

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Will also be tactically voting. We need to get the SNP out. Enough is enough in Scotland. All the brainwashed idiots through in the west will still think she is doing a good job though 

Pretty much. Edinburgh won't be tier 2 till Glasgow can join it. If it was other way round, she would not be exercising same point if view. 

Baffling. I’m genuinely confused as to what the **** is actually going on. Politicians being political when life’s and jobs are at risk is really sad. 

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Similar to me. I wont be voting SNP at the election. But still a Yes person ( for now anyway). Trouble is all the rest are equally just as shit. Although my local Labour MSP Daniel Johnson is  a decent guy.  

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Dano307 said:

Edinburgh could have no cases for weeks and she would still be leaving us where we are. Watch, as soon as Glasgow's drop to where we have been, they will be tier 2. 

For those saying that Edinburgh has been Tier 1 standard for a while, there's making a valid point (Edinburgh merited being moved down to Tier 2 today) and there's being ridiculous and over-dramatic. You're being the latter. What are you like. :)

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Doogz said:

Yeah, I discussed it with Kev when you first opened for takeaway: he said he wasn't sure what exactly a main meal was but it was more than just a steak pie ..... I then went home to have a Steak pie for my main meal ... Suppose the beer helped pad out the calories! 😆

If it’s a ****ing egg daan saath then it should be similar up here, a toastie with crisps is nearly your five a day ffs. 

As much as I think we should be in tier 2 I reckon the main reason for us not dropping is the fact that some people just do not follow rules. Majority of Edinburgh has followed rules and dropped our numbers but with the vast majority of the west of the country unable or unwilling to follow rules leaves tier 2 areas open to abuse.

If we were tier 2 how many tier 3 area residents who shouldnt travel out of their area would think its fine for them to travel to Edinburgh for a shopping spree, bit of lunch and a few pints.

It would be the same if roles were reversed and Glasgow should be tier 2 and we were 3.

It happened earlier when swathes of Glaswegians travelled outside Glasgow just to get a pint or even watch a televised game.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Will also be tactically voting. We need to get the SNP out. Enough is enough in Scotland. All the brainwashed idiots through in the west will still think she is doing a good job though 

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Do you deal in facts ?

You see Scotland has one of the highest DEATH rates in Europe and you deem her handling a success ?

She stands up makes fierce sounding little pronouncements and in comparison to the other idiot Boris can look good...that is not doing a good job

She is slowly killing her wish of an independent Scotland and today will not be forgotten

My half sister

They are definitely making it up as they go along. Last week Falkirk should have been a stick on to go to Tier 2 but didn't. I emailed my MSP for a reason and was told it was because of our proximity to Stirling and Clacks and shared facilities. 

This week our figures have got worse, as has Clacks but we are now dropped to Tier 2. 

You couldn't make it up

Interesting to see all the anti-SNP political acolytes on here falling over themselves to take advantage and try to motivate folk to switch away from voting away from the SNP.

I sincerely hope that when everyone comes to vote at the next election, they take each party's complete manifesto into account rather than basing their decisions on the mobilised hatred of one decision. Unless we're all going down the US political road nowadays...

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, redjambo said:

Interesting to see all the anti-SNP political acolytes on here falling over themselves to take advantage and try to motivate folk to switch away from voting away from the SNP.

I sincerely hope that when everyone comes to vote at the next election, they take each party's complete manifesto into account rather than basing their decisions on the mobilised hatred of one decision. Unless we're all going down the US political road nowadays...

:spoton:

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, jackal said:

As much as I think we should be in tier 2 I reckon the main reason for us not dropping is the fact that some people just do not follow rules. Majority of Edinburgh has followed rules and dropped our numbers but with the vast majority of the west of the country unable or unwilling to follow rules leaves tier 2 areas open to abuse.

If we were tier 2 how many tier 3 area residents who shouldnt travel out of their area would think its fine for them to travel to Edinburgh for a shopping spree, bit of lunch and a few pints.

It would be the same if roles were reversed and Glasgow should be tier 2 and we were 3.

It happened earlier when swathes of Glaswegians travelled outside Glasgow just to get a pint or even watch a televised game.

Seriously, Edinburgh remains in tier 3 because Celtic and Rangers supporters can't be trusted to stay in the shit holes they live in. 

Tremendous, Edinburgh residents follow rules but get no reward as scum from West can't behave. 

Sounds fair. What a ****ing country we live in. 

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Do you deal in facts ?

You see Scotland has one of the highest DEATH rates in Europe and you deem her handling a success ?

She stands up makes fierce sounding little pronouncements and in comparison to the other idiot Boris can look good...that is not doing a good job

She is slowly killing her wish of an independent Scotland and today will not be forgotten

I deem her handling a success?

What makes you say that?

She's got it badly wrong.

I asked who would do better.

Edited by graygo

manaliveits105

how did her hubby get on at the enquiry today trying to bury her lies regarding Salmondgate ?

Wake up Scotland and Edinburgh these people do not deserve your votes 

Get Mcvey and snp out the council as well 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

it's very similar to an spfl decision. everything is via a glasgow lens. 

I was thinking that, as CJGJ said it’s because people from other areas cage behave. It’s a bit like the no alcohol at stadiums or spectators, millions lost because these weegie ***** think their special and above the law and can’t behave. My old man used to rant and rave about weegies running our lives, it’s nothing new unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, My half sister said:

They are definitely making it up as they go along. Last week Falkirk should have been a stick on to go to Tier 2 but didn't. I emailed my MSP for a reason and was told it was because of our proximity to Stirling and Clacks and shared facilities. 

This week our figures have got worse, as has Clacks but we are now dropped to Tier 2. 

You couldn't make it up

I agree that, imo, there has been a marked lack of consistency in some of the decisions that have been made. Good for you on emailing your MSP to at least attempt to get some rationale for Falkirk's position. Stirling's case rate has dropped markedly and Clackmannan's high case rate is supposedly due to the hotspot testing, which might have influenced the decision-makers this time round for Falkirk.

Tenaciousdandy

Whats the deal with the travel restrictions, can I legally leave east lothian and drop off and pick up Xmas presents at  my mums who lives near Chesser? And if not its nonsense as we'll be going to Sighthill tomorrow anyway as my daughter has a maths test at her college 

Edited by Dandyman79

Her words today

She turns to travel restrictions:

• nobody in a level three or level four area should travel outside their local authority area, except for very specific purposes.
  • no one should travel into level three or four areas unless for essential purposes
  • that means, for example, that people from outside Glasgow must not travel there to do Christmas shopping, when retail opens on Friday.

Now if we take her at her word then there is no reason for Edinburgh not to be at least Tier 2 as all her claims about possible influx will not come true should she enforce her own rules

Good news is that I think she will take such a kicking from this decision that of the figures do not change to any great extent she will be forced to change her decision

Please note if figures did not deserve any changes in levels then fine but that is not the case and she is simply trying to stop an east/west divide

1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Whats the deal with the travel restrictions, can I legally leave east lothian and drop off and pick up Xmas presents at  my mums who lives near Chesser? And if not its nonsense as we'll be going to Sighthill tomorrow anyway as my daughter has a maths test at her college 

Mum's part is illegal, daughter part is ok.

Hope that helps.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jackal said:

We shouldn’t be punished for that though anymore than we are for any of their many issues. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Seriously, Edinburgh remains in tier 3 because Celtic and Rangers supporters can't be trusted to stay in the shit holes they live in. 

Tremendous, Edinburgh residents follow rules but get no reward as scum from West can't behave. 

Sounds fair. What a ****ing country we live in. 

No its not fair, but do you think its because Sturgeon hates Edinburgh? As much as Edinburgh's shops are pretty crap having pubs open would make a huge difference to people coming here. Personally having pubs open is a great thing for me for work but I reckon that is the reason we are still at 3.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Edinburgh have been hard done to but what about West Dunbartonshire? Worse done to by the looks of it.

They've done a *very* good job at reducing their case rate since they were put into Tier 4. You could say they were in fact the poster child of the T4's. But they've only just got down into Tier 2 territory. Another week of stability in their figures and I would say, given that the other indicators also look good, they would merit consideration for a move to Tier 2.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic