Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Gathering in mass numbers? Not socially distancing? Not sure of the numbers allowed tbh but don't think it's 20kšŸ˜‚

Probably.

Ā 

Like IĀ said I'm not defending it at all. As it appears to be turning out from anecdotal evidence based onĀ people I know, most of those who went have returned with a dose of Covid.

Ā 

Ā 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think it's a subscription only service. But you get a curry delivered every week.

Iā€™ll give it two weeks before we have a ā€œSuper Delta Plus Plusā€ variantĀ 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Ā 

The more the virus circulates in the wild, the more variants will emerge. I don't understand why folk are surprised or angry about this.

Ā 

From a complete laymans view of this, this is how I see things.

The virus is a living organism, and a fairly new one at that, and is on it's own evolutionary journey and will keep evolving by producing new variants of itself, until such time that it can't evolve any further within the contraints of it's own biological structure/make up.

How long will that take, who knows, could be months, years or forever, however in saying that, we know that in little under two years there has been thousands & thousands of variants, so it seems to evolve quickly, and that could be it's achilles heel, because it could reach the end of it's evolutionary road that much quicker as well.Ā  So we just have to get used to and live with the new variants.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Iā€™ll give it two weeks before we have a ā€œSuper Delta Plus Plusā€ variantĀ 

Ā 

And I'll give it a month before we get the "Super Delta Plus Plus Quadruple Mutant" variant.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Now we have a Delta plus variantā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..just GTFĀ 

Ā 

Must be really rubbish if the muppets only gave it a plus as opposed to Epsilon.Ā 

Seymour M Hersh

I see vaccine volunteer staff in Edinburgh have been getting abuse from people exception a menu of vaccines to pick from as they are refusing the AZ vaccine. Seems to be the under 40's behaving this way (although I'm sure it's a very, very small number of them) which is totally unacceptable.Ā 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see vaccine volunteer staff in Edinburgh have been getting abuse from people exception a menu of vaccines to pick from as they are refusing the AZ vaccine. Seems to be the under 40's behaving this way (although I'm sure it's a very, very small number of them) which is totally unacceptable.Ā 

Ā 

I was told about someone in Forth Valley who demanded the Pfizer instead of the AZ.Ā  Not abusive afaik.Ā  Apparently he got his wish.

Jambo-Jimbo
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ā 

If they are not happy, they can always wait a few months until the vaccine of their choice is available, besides they should be thankful that they are getting a jab in the first place.

Seymour M Hersh
19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Ā 

If they are not happy, they can always wait a few months until the vaccine of their choice is available, besides they should be thankful that they are getting a jab in the first place.

Ā 

I don't think (and rightly so imo) that there ever has been a choice. I certainly wasn't offered a choiceĀ and would not have thought about asking for one.Ā 

13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not really,Ā  aĀ lot of the tests, amongst football players, NHS staff, for example, are routine testing. Previously,Ā  those with any "symptoms" or close contacts through track & trace were tested, most of whom were negative.Ā 

I think the results may be skewed now by the fact that lateral tests are picking up positive cases. PCR tests are then used to confirm positive results rather than just check for them, as before.

How can that possibly skew results?Ā 

1) We DO NOT count lateral flow tests.

2) Lateral flow tests have a higher false positive rate - PCR tests will correct for those.

3) We still report tests as a positive rate per 100K
Ā 

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Critical thinking always challenges meek acceptanceĀ šŸ‘

Perhaps you could try it?Ā 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 hours ago, Gizmo said:

It absolutely does NOT. It's a percentage of tests NOT an accumulated total. Why do you think the figures Redjambo shares is "Positive Tests"Ā perĀ 100K population?Ā 

More tests = more accuracy, notĀ more cases.Ā 

How can you possibly have so many posts on this subject and not even a basic grasp of how this all works?

Ā 

it absolutely can

Ā 

you realise your statement about the rate of positives only stands true if the additional tests are being done on groups similar to the groups already tested? (which may or may not be the case)

Ā 

you understand that? presumably the others following up on your post all fully understand that tooĀ and took it into account before exposing james perceivedĀ lack of knowledgeĀ - yeah?

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ā 

I don't think (and rightly so imo) that there ever has been a choice. I certainly wasn't offered a choiceĀ and would not have thought about asking for one.Ā 

Ā 

Nope, I don't think there has been one either. There will no doubt be slack built in to the numbers of the different vaccines available at each centre on a given day (although I imagine for organisational purposes some centres may only be providing one given vaccine on a given day), so if they happen to have a different vaccine available and it is requested, then I imagine that an executive decision might be made to allow it. However, any more than a handful of these and logistically it starts to get complicated. It may be that, further down the line, when we're mopping up no-shows etc. that folk might be asked "Ok, if we offer you the vaccine of your choice, would that encourage you to take it", but as JJ says folk would have to wait for this choice to be given.

Ā 

Disclaimer: I am not part of the vaccination effort and effectively know nothing. @DETTY29 might have a bit more info though.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Ā 

it absolutely can

Ā 

you realise your statement about the rate of positives only stands true if the additional tests are being done on groups similar to the groups already tested? (which may or may not be the case)

Ā 

you understand that? presumably the others following up on your post all fully understand that tooĀ and took it into account before exposing james perceivedĀ lack of knowledgeĀ - yeah?

I couldnā€™t be bothered challenging him to be honest Ā .šŸ‘šŸ‘Ā 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ā 

Nope, I don't think there has been one either. There will no doubt be slack built in to the numbers of the different vaccines available at each centre on a given day (although I imagine for organisational purposes some centres may only be providing one given vaccine on a given day), so if they happen to have a different vaccine available and it is requested, then I imagine that an executive decision might be made to allow it. However, any more than a handful of these and logistically it starts to get complicated. It may be that, further down the line, when we're mopping up no-shows etc. that folk might be asked "Ok, if we offer you the vaccine of your choice, would that encourage you to take it", but as JJ says folk would have to wait for this choice to be given.

Ā 

Disclaimer: I am not part of the vaccination effort and effectively know nothing. @DETTY29 might have a bit more info though.

Surely that people have the right to choice of vaccine ? At least they are taking it now , which is the whole point .Ā 

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Ā 

it absolutely can

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

YouĀ understandĀ that we break down tests by region for precisely this point, yeah? And that, if you hadĀ been paying attention you'd see that I mentioned surge testing in my response to James to underline a greater understanding of how and why we test in the manner we do.Ā 

However, the fundamental point remains. More testing does NOT equate to more positive results if the result is expressed as a percentage. You simply cannot find what is not there.Ā Ā 

So perhaps next time you can try correcting someone who is posting something that is actuallyĀ wrong,Ā in your lovely, patronising style.Ā :thumbsup:Ā 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I couldnā€™t be bothered challenging him to be honest Ā .šŸ‘šŸ‘Ā 

Hahahah get tae, you don't have the wherewithal to challenge anything hence it's alwaysĀ with a crappy gif when you are called out on yet another ludicrous statement.

You didn't even know how long the innoculation period was for the virusĀ about a page or two back.Ā šŸ™„

Ā 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Ā 

YouĀ understandĀ that we break down tests by region for precisely this point, yeah? And that, if you hadĀ been paying attention you'd see that I mentioned surge testing in my response to James to underline a greater understanding of how and why we test in the manner we do.Ā 

However, the fundamental point remains. More testing does NOT equate to more positive results if the result is expressed as a percentage. You simply cannot find what is not there.Ā Ā 

So perhaps next time you can try correcting someone who is posting something that is actuallyĀ wrong,Ā in your lovely, patronising style.Ā :thumbsup:Ā 

Says the guy who uses italics to express his points , now thatā€™sĀ patronisingĀ 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Surely that people have the right to choice of vaccine ? At least they are taking it now , which is the whole point .Ā 

Ā 

As I stated, logistically it could end up being a nightmare if you don't know how many doses of each vaccine you are going to be giving out at each session. The policy so far, which has worked tremendously well in vaccinating a great number of people in a relatively short period of time, is "You can get a vaccine but you will get the one we have decided to give you". Once the pressure is off, this can perhaps be modified, but at the moment the pressure isn't off as the mass vaccination effort is still proceeding. The reality of logistics trumps personal choice in this case.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Hahahah get tae, you don't have the wherewithal to challenge anything hence it's alwaysĀ with a crappy gif when you are called out on yet another ludicrous statement.

You didn't even know how long the innoculation period was for the virusĀ about a page or two back.Ā šŸ™„

Ā 

Yes I did . I was just confirming it as there has been conflicting reports about it . So ram it and hereā€™s a imageĀ Ā just for youĀ 

55824478-B377-4606-A999-2AF73F8D396B.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Ā 

As I stated, logistically it could end up being a nightmare if you don't know how many doses of each vaccine you are going to be giving out at each session. The policy so far, which has worked tremendously well in vaccinating a great number of people in a relatively short period of time, is "You can get a vaccine but you will get the one we have decided to give you". Once the pressure is off, this can perhaps be modified, but at the moment the pressure isn't off as the mass vaccination effort is still proceeding. The reality of logistics trumps personal choice in this case.

šŸ‘

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ā 

Ā 

From where I've been you get what you are planned in for.

Ā 

If under 40 it will be Pfeizer or Moderna, not AZ (now), plus obviously first and second doses align.

Ā 

If you 'demand' P or M and over 40, but booked in for AZ, and P or M are onsite, there is no backing down, even if spares due to no shows.Ā  You can cancel, re-book and hope to get booked in forĀ P or M next time (likely still to be AZ) and cancel and repeat.

Ā 

You can get an exemption on vaccine brand but it needs GP signed off.

Ā 

@jimmycant would give a formal view compared to what I see happening at the centres.

Ā 

Ā 

millerjames398
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Now we have a Delta plus variantā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..just GTFĀ 

Just waitin for the chuck norris delta force+ variant, to start rampaging through the country nextšŸ˜‚šŸ‡±šŸ‡»

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

From where I've been you get what you are planned in for.

Ā 

If under 40 it will be Pfeizer or Moderna, not AZ (now), plus obviously first and second doses align.

Ā 

If you 'demand' P or M and over 40, but booked in for AZ, and P or M are onsite, there is no backing down, even if spares due to no shows.Ā  You can cancel, re-book and hope to get booked in forĀ P or M next time (likely still to be AZ) and cancel and repeat.

Ā 

You can get an exemption on vaccine brand but it needs GP signed off.

Ā 

@jimmycant would give a formal view compared to what I see happening at the centres.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks, Detty. So, if you're under 40, do you get the vaccine you've been booked in for, or do you get a choice between P & M?

Ā 

Paging @JimmyCant to ensure they see this conversation.

Ps @Governor Tarkinsomeone at a vaccine centre I was at tried to get in after 6 weeks and wasn't allowed, but they didn't insist.Ā  You need to insist getting pastĀ parking attendants, event safety and NHS registration before you see a vaccinator.

Ā 

The senior vaccinator I spoke to said she would likely put a vaccine in you due to your travel timings.Ā  Also should note whether walk ups are still going to be allowed.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
21 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Ā 

Ā 

same region doesnā€™t necessarily mean same group but you should understand thatĀ 

Ā 

you wereĀ speaking in general terms when exposing James perceived lack of knowledge and have again made the foolhardy statement in absolute terms that more testing does not - well it absolutely can and Iā€™m not saying it has Iā€™m saying it can

Ā 

turning something into a percentage doesnā€™t make everything fine from all angles which again I thought you would have understood

Ā 

not happy about the ā€˜styleā€™ of my reply have a look at yours to James

Ā 

Thanks, Detty. So, if you're under 40, do you get the vaccine you've been booked in for, or do you get a choice between P & M?

Ā 

It is what is onsite at time of your first dose appointment.Ā  But you don't get a choice even if both P and M were onsite, which hasn't happened when I have been.

Ā 

If you have a P or M preference again, only GP exemption will get you to get what you prefer.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

It is what is onsite at time of your first dose appointment.Ā  But you don't get a choice even if both P and M were onsite, which hasn't happened when I have been.

Ā 

If you have a P or M preference again, only GP exemption will get you to get what you prefer.

Ā 

Cheers.

28 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ā 

Ā 

You donā€™t get a choice between Pfizer and Moderna in any age group. If you canā€™t have one of those for clinical reasons your GP needs to refer you. If you turn one down simply because of preference you are most likely to be putĀ to the bottom of the list and not vaccinated until all the age groups are done and they start the sweep of everyone who has still missed out. It was the same rule for AZ vs Pfizer forĀ the over 30ā€™s although hardly anyone under 40 got offeredĀ AZ in any case.

OnĀ the subject of the 8 week gap, Lothian are now operating this very strictly. You wonā€™t get an appointment for any reason at least than 8 weeks. You canā€™t ā€˜drop inā€™Ā at less than 8 weeks and vaccinators are under strict instructions not to give a second dose at less than 8 weeks. UNLESS you have a pressing clinical need for a shorter gap and get referred by your GP so donā€™t waste your time trying or ā€˜insistingā€™

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You donā€™t get a choice between Pfizer and Moderna in any age group. If you canā€™t have one of those for clinical reasons your GP needs to refer you. If you turn one down simply because of preference you are most likely to be out to the bottom of the list and not vaccinated until all the age groups are done and they start the sweep of everyone who has still missed out. It was the same rule for AZ vs Pfizer forĀ the over 30ā€™s although hardly anyone under 40 got offeredĀ AZ in any case.

Ā 

Thanks, JC.

scott herbertson

A relative with an auto immune disorder was given the AZ despite his consultant saying he should have Pfizer (and he argued at the time at teh vaccine centreĀ  to no avail) , This was earlier mind when there was less choice.

If you are contacted by nhs as a possible contact of a positive case is it a discussion on if you need to isolate or tested, or just do as they tell you?

1 minute ago, escobri said:

If you are contacted by nhs as a possible contact of a positive case is it a discussion on if you need to isolate or tested, or just do as they tell you?

Ā 

It depends on whether you want to do the right thing or not. What was their advice?

58 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The answer here is YES, you do have the basic human right to decide what vaccine is put in your arm. Your body, your choice. However you canā€™t choose in advance without a GP referral and if you turn down what is offered onĀ the day you will most likely go the end of the queue and into the sweep thatā€™s coming once all the age groups have been done (that may include the 12-16 group if they go ahead with that) so you might wait several weeks to get the one you want to have

Edited by JimmyCant

8 minutes ago, escobri said:

They will recommend you get a test and theyā€™ll tell you that you need to isolate. Whether you do it or not is a personal and moral choice.

Scottish numbers: 24 June 2021

Summary

• 2,999 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+30; up from 1,317 a week ago]
  • 40,952 newĀ tests for COVID-19 that reported results [-1,358]
    • 7.7% of these were positive [+0.4%]
  • 5 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [=]
  • 17 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 177 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+7]
  • 3,695,303 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,631,533 have received their second dose [+13,683; +14,083]

11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

A relative with an auto immune disorder was given the AZ despite his consultant saying he should have Pfizer (and he argued at the time at teh vaccine centreĀ  to no avail) , This was earlier mind when there was less choice.

Wasnā€™t really down to choice ofĀ available vaccines. More due to the fact that the AZ issues were dismissed initially and there was no proper referral system until mid March or thereabouts. Still, they should have been turned away really, or walked away.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 24 June 2021

Summary

• 2,999 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+30; up from 1,317 a week ago]
  • 40,952 newĀ tests for COVID-19 that reported results [-1,358]
    • 7.7% of these were positive [+0.4%]
  • 5 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [=]
  • 17 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 177 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+7]
  • 3,695,303 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,631,533 have received their second dose [+13,683; +14,083]

Not my area but it seems to me that the death rate is much higher percentage wise now if you hit the intensive care bracket ? Less than 20 in ICU yesterday but 5 of them died.

Edited by JimmyCant

scott herbertson
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Wasnā€™t really down to choice ofĀ available vaccines. More due to the fact that the AZ issues were dismissed initially and there was no proper referral system until mid March or thereabouts. Still, they should have been turned away really, or walked away.

Ā 

They didn't have the Pfizer there, I think that's the main reason! Walking away at that stage would have meant not getting it for someĀ  time as there was no booking system at that stage, yyou were just being called with an appointment.

Ā 

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You donā€™t get a choice between Pfizer and Moderna in any age group. If you canā€™t have one of those for clinical reasons your GP needs to refer you. If you turn one down simply because of preference you are most likely to be putĀ to the bottom of the list and not vaccinated until all the age groups are done and they start the sweep of everyone who has still missed out. It was the same rule for AZ vs Pfizer forĀ the over 30ā€™s although hardly anyone under 40 got offeredĀ AZ in any case.

OnĀ the subject of the 8 week gap, Lothian are now operating this very strictly. You wonā€™t get an appointment for any reason at least than 8 weeks. You canā€™t ā€˜drop inā€™Ā at less than 8 weeks and vaccinators are under strict instructions not to give a second dose at less than 8 weeks. UNLESS you have a pressing clinical need for a shorter gap and get referred by your GP so donā€™t waste your time trying or ā€˜insistingā€™

CheersĀ 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The answer here is YES, you do have the basic human right to decide what vaccine is put in your arm. Your body, your choice. However you canā€™t choose in advance without a GP referral and if you turn down what is offered onĀ the day you will most likely go the end of the queue and into the sweep thatā€™s coming once all the age groups have been done (that may include the 12-16 group if they go ahead with that) so you might wait several weeks to get the one you want to have

šŸ‘

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, escobri said:

I had similar scenario in Jan I was asked to self isolate . That was 7 days after I had been in contact with said positive person ! More recently a friend was diagnosed positive last Friday . Iā€™ve been fine since . Took LFT every other day , including today and fineĀ 

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ā 

It depends on whether you want to do the right thing or not. What was their advice?

Just wondering as app is triggered by certain criteria but if someone names a person as a possible contact it might not fit the same criteria.

Today's trend stats:

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  7-day per-100,000 cases Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday Ā  Ā  22 Jun 21 Jun 20 Jun 19 Jun 18 Jun ... 1 May
Scotland Ā  Ā  233 203 +30 Ā  169 147 138 135 132 ... 22
East Lothian 1 4 489 408 +81 Ā  316 225 216 186 169 ... 5
Dundee City 2 4 470 419 +51 Ā  334 301 298 325 326 ... 13
Edinburgh City 2 4 408 342 +66 Ā  285 248 227 220 220 ... 27
Midlothian 2 4 388 334 +54 Ā  238 176 176 161 156 ... 10
East Ayrshire 2 4 321 299 +22 Ā  244 229 211 210 194 ... 45
West Dunbartonshire 1 4 313 270 +43 Ā  224 192 169 141 123 ... 28
East Dunbartonshire 2 4 265 237 +28 Ā  226 211 200 181 172 ... 51
Glasgow City 2 4 250 227 +23 Ā  193 179 167 167 160 ... 33
Perth & Kinross 1 4 249 240 +9 Ā  193 164 157 153 161 ... 22
Renfrewshire 2 4 247 215 +32 Ā  175 143 146 154 145 ... 20
East Renfrewshire 2 4 242 203 +39 Ā  189 183 170 170 169 ... 24
South Lanarkshire 2 4 227 199 +28 Ā  160 132 119 118 118 ... 18
West Lothian 1 4 217 174 +43 Ā  147 134 126 121 116 ... 26
North Ayrshire 2 4 216 209 +7 Ā  200 177 160 149 159 ... 17
Scottish Borders 1 4 216 201 +15 Ā  152 104 89 89 87 ... 6
North Lanarkshire 2 4 215 188 +27 Ā  169 158 153 149 149 ... 40
Aberdeen City 1 4 209 172 +37 Ā  146 130 126 122 110 ... 13
Angus 1 4 206 154 +52 Ā  112 77 79 86 100 ... 7
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 4 193 191 +2 Ā  191 168 156 142 115 ... 7
South Ayrshire 2 4 182 170 +12 Ā  172 194 205 228 247 ... 25
Inverclyde 1 4 177 153 +24 Ā  127 89 77 62 60 ... 15
Clackmannanshire 2 4 167 163 +4 Ā  153 140 147 159 182 ... 14
Fife 1 4 163 128 +35 Ā  100 81 72 73 72 ... 32
Falkirk 1 4 159 134 +25 Ā  110 90 88 88 75 ... 23
Stirling 2 3 143 122 +21 Ā  97 89 80 83 77 ... 11
Aberdeenshire 1 3 112 99 +13 Ā  79 64 55 45 38 ... 8
Dumfries & Galloway 1 3 98 80 +18 Ā  65 48 44 34 35 ... 19
Highland 1 / 0 3 70 54 +16 Ā  35 28 25 23 20 ... 9
Shetland Islands 0 3 61 57 +4 Ā  57 52 31 22 4 ... 0
Orkney Islands 0 2 40 27 +13 Ā  22 18 18 18 4 ... 0
Moray 1 2 31 22 +9 Ā  20 15 13 10 10 ... 65
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 1 4 4 0 Ā  4 4 7 7 7 ... 0
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
7-day averages Ā  Ā  Today Yesterday Ā  Ā  22 Jun 21 Jun 20 Jun 19 Jun 18 Jun ... 1 May
Tests Ā  Ā  29577 28154 +1423 Ā  27201 26590 26190 26298 25990 ... 18484
Cases Ā  Ā  1821 1581 +240 Ā  1318 1148 1078 1054 1028 ... 171
Positivity rate % Ā  Ā  6.5 6.0 +0.5 Ā  5.2 4.6 4.4 4.3 4.3 ... 1.1
Deaths Ā  Ā  2.6 2.4 +0.2 Ā  1.9 1.6 1.6 1.6 1.6 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations Ā  Ā  34149 36281 -2132 Ā  37955 38557 39873 40928 41876 ... 45346
1st Dose Ā  Ā  17654 18554 -900 Ā  19016 18538 19043 19127 18939 ... 6677
2nd Dose Ā  Ā  16495 17727 -1232 Ā  18939 20019 20830 21801 22937 ... 38669
Daily data Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
All in hospital Ā  Ā  177 170 +7 Ā  171 158 149 145 128 ... 65
Non-ICU Ā  Ā  160 152 +8 Ā  153 144 137 135 116 ... 54
ICU Ā  Ā  17 18 -1 Ā  18 14 12 10 12 ... 11

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not my area but it seems to me that the death rate is much higher percentage wise now if you hit the intensive care bracket ? Less than 20 in ICU yesterday but 5 of them died.

Said on news that 4 of those deaths were people over 75. Ā I know that doesnā€™t matter to the peopleā€™s familyā€™s but makes you think they might have had other conditionsĀ 

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I agree.

Ā 

Exposing thisĀ nation's citizens to another variant in a virus hot spot and then bringing it back to Scotland is not acceptable.Ā 

There should be wide condemnation of the Westminster Government and the London Mayor for failing toĀ control a variant that is clearly running out of control which is now having an adverse effect on Scotland and it's public health infrastructure.

Ā 

The press are clearly being very quiet about the levels of virus in London and the South East.Ā Ā 

Its really not something to joke about mate.Ā 

Ā 

Infection rates in London are about a third of those in Scotland. I suppose it is inevitable that the third wave, with hot spots all over Scotland and the North West of England, will take a hold in London. It will certainly be stoked by the number of visitors to London for the Scotland Game at Wembley.Ā 

Ā 

It willĀ have a much greater impact in London because of the relatively low rates of vaccine uptake. While in some parts of the country I would say so what, there are millions of people in London who belong to communities that lack trust in the vaccine system and have some misguided belief that Allah, God etc. will protect. For these reasons alone, your misinformation about infection rates and spread of the virus are inappropriate, even if you are joking.

Nucky Thompson

Today's trend stats:

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  7-day per-100,000 cases Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
Council Area Tier WHO Today Yesterday Ā  Ā  22 Jun 21 Jun 20 Jun 19 Jun 18 Jun ... 1 May
Scotland Ā  Ā  233 203 +30 Ā  169 147 138 135 132 ... 22
East Lothian 1 4 489 408 +81 Ā  316 225 216 186 169 ... 5
Dundee City 2 4 470 419 +51 Ā  334 301 298 325 326 ... 13
Edinburgh City 2 4 408 342 +66 Ā  285 248 227 220 220 ... 27
Midlothian 2 4 388 334 +54 Ā  238 176 176 161 156 ... 10
East Ayrshire 2 4 321 299 +22 Ā  244 229 211 210 194 ... 45
West Dunbartonshire 1 4 313 270 +43 Ā  224 192 169 141 123 ... 28
East Dunbartonshire 2 4 265 237 +28 Ā  226 211 200 181 172 ... 51
Glasgow City 2 4 250 227 +23 Ā  193 179 167 167 160 ... 33
Perth & Kinross 1 4 249 240 +9 Ā  193 164 157 153 161 ... 22
Renfrewshire 2 4 247 215 +32 Ā  175 143 146 154 145 ... 20
East Renfrewshire 2 4 242 203 +39 Ā  189 183 170 170 169 ... 24
South Lanarkshire 2 4 227 199 +28 Ā  160 132 119 118 118 ... 18
West Lothian 1 4 217 174 +43 Ā  147 134 126 121 116 ... 26
North Ayrshire 2 4 216 209 +7 Ā  200 177 160 149 159 ... 17
Scottish Borders 1 4 216 201 +15 Ā  152 104 89 89 87 ... 6
North Lanarkshire 2 4 215 188 +27 Ā  169 158 153 149 149 ... 40
Aberdeen City 1 4 209 172 +37 Ā  146 130 126 122 110 ... 13
Angus 1 4 206 154 +52 Ā  112 77 79 86 100 ... 7
Argyll & Bute 1 / 0 4 193 191 +2 Ā  191 168 156 142 115 ... 7
South Ayrshire 2 4 182 170 +12 Ā  172 194 205 228 247 ... 25
Inverclyde 1 4 177 153 +24 Ā  127 89 77 62 60 ... 15
Clackmannanshire 2 4 167 163 +4 Ā  153 140 147 159 182 ... 14
Fife 1 4 163 128 +35 Ā  100 81 72 73 72 ... 32
Falkirk 1 4 159 134 +25 Ā  110 90 88 88 75 ... 23
Stirling 2 3 143 122 +21 Ā  97 89 80 83 77 ... 11
Aberdeenshire 1 3 112 99 +13 Ā  79 64 55 45 38 ... 8
Dumfries & Galloway 1 3 98 80 +18 Ā  65 48 44 34 35 ... 19
Highland 1 / 0 3 70 54 +16 Ā  35 28 25 23 20 ... 9
Shetland Islands 0 3 61 57 +4 Ā  57 52 31 22 4 ... 0
Orkney Islands 0 2 40 27 +13 Ā  22 18 18 18 4 ... 0
Moray 1 2 31 22 +9 Ā  20 15 13 10 10 ... 65
Na h-Eileanan Siar 0 1 4 4 0 Ā  4 4 7 7 7 ... 0
7-day averages Ā  Ā  Today Yesterday Ā  Ā  22 Jun 21 Jun 20 Jun 19 Jun 18 Jun ... 1 May
Tests Ā  Ā  29577 28154 +1423 Ā  27201 26590 26190 26298 25990 ... 18484
Cases Ā  Ā  1821 1581 +240 Ā  1318 1148 1078 1054 1028 ... 171
Positivity rate % Ā  Ā  6.5 6.0 +0.5 Ā  5.2 4.6 4.4 4.3 4.3 ... 1.1
Deaths Ā  Ā  2.6 2.4 +0.2 Ā  1.9 1.6 1.6 1.6 1.6 ... 1.3
All Vaccinations Ā  Ā  34149 36281 -2132 Ā  37955 38557 39873 40928 41876 ... 45346
1st Dose Ā  Ā  17654 18554 -900 Ā  19016 18538 19043 19127 18939 ... 6677
2nd Dose Ā  Ā  16495 17727 -1232 Ā  18939 20019 20830 21801 22937 ... 38669
Daily data Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
All in hospital Ā  Ā  177 170 +7 Ā  171 158 149 145 128 ... 65
Non-ICU Ā  Ā  160 152 +8 Ā  153 144 137 135 116 ... 54
ICU Ā  Ā  17 18 -1 Ā  18 14 12 10 12 ... 11

Looking at that just reinforces how ludicrous Sturgeon's tier system isĀ :rofl:

7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She doesn't understand her own system. She admitted that she lost the plot when Boris said stay alertĀ šŸ¤¢

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Its really not something to joke about mate.Ā 

Ā 

Infection rates in London are about a third of those in Scotland. I suppose it is inevitable that the third wave, with hot spots all over Scotland and the North West of England, will take a hold in London. It will certainly be stoked by the number of visitors to London for the Scotland Game at Wembley.Ā 

Ā 

It willĀ have a much greater impact in London because of the relatively low rates of vaccine uptake. While in some parts of the country I would say so what, there are millions of people in London who belong to communities that lack trust in the vaccine system and have some misguided belief that Allah, God etc. will protect. For these reasons alone, your misinformation about infection rates and spread of the virus are inappropriate, even if you are joking.

I'm not joking at all.

Ā 

London is and was the jumping off point for every variant to hit these shores. This particular variant could have been delayed (it was unlikely to ever prevent it landing in this country eventually) which would have allowed more time for the excellent vaccination programme to get to even more adults and young people vaccinated, which in itself would have had less of an impact on the communities you mention.Ā 

I'm concerned about those that travelled to London uninfected and came back infected accelerating the spread in communities up here.Ā 

There's failures of governments here and a naivete/willful ignorance that people were going to travel to the football either from Scotland or indeed other parts of England.Ā 

You can trace the line all the way back to not closing the border to India in a timely manner.

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ā 

I personally believe that it was useful before mass vaccinations took a hold, and may have continued doing as long as cases were reducing towards zero, but due to the current surge (paging @JamesM48 since he adores this term), it's meaningless at the moment. All those 1's and 2's were decided according to the conditions on a specific date and were in fact outdated very quickly as the conditions changed. In my view, the SG had decided by then to no longer place a local authority upwards into a higher tier, unless in extenuating circumstances, so they were rapidly left with tiers which didn't reflect the reality on the ground and nothing much they could do about it. I suppose they could have moved almost everyone up to tier 2 but that would have engendered a backlash and as they had by then decided, imo, to ride the wave of herd immunity by infection (they didn't have much choice once control of the virus was lost), it made no sense to do anything to the tiers. So, the tiers have been effectively locked away in a cupboard and forgotten about at the moment until the storm abates and the picture is clearer.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic