The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Sow and Zeefuik would do better what we have

For someone claiming not to be an idiot you are doing a good impression of one.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Osman Sow released by Killie. Maybe he could play alongside Zeefuik in JiH's team to keep us up😂😂😂😂

he was on loan at killie from dundee utd 

I’ll have a stab at.

Zlamal, White, Whelan, MacLean,  to be released.

Keena, Morrison & Wighton loaned out.

Mulraney sold. 

Hickey sold and loaned back.

In - GK - Davies, CB - Lindsay, 2 x CM, 2x Forwards

41 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Aye, lets sign a player that's not kicked a ball in anger for over two years 😂😂😂😂😂

Heard anything about Boyce signing a new deal at Burton? 

I see Boyce has been mentioned. I have no idea if we are interested but Clough was on the radio before shitting the bed at Accrington saying they will listen to sensible offers for him and Fraser.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I’ll have a stab at.

Zlamal, White, Whelan, MacLean,  to be released.

Keena, Morrison & Wighton loaned out.

Mulraney sold. 

Hickey sold and loaned back.

In - GK - Davies, CB - Lindsay, 2 x CM, 2x Forwards

I get he’s not played McLean in a couple of games but it was only about a week ago he praised him in the press. I resckon he rates him.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I see Boyce has been mentioned. I have no idea if we are interested but Clough was on the radio before shitting the bed at Accrington saying they will listen to sensible offers for him and Fraser.

How much will he be earning at Burton? 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

excuse my ignorance but who’s Fraser?

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get he’s not played McLean in a couple of games but it was only about a week ago he praised him in the press. I resckon he rates him.

He did but if we bring in another striker, with Washington &! Naisy back, Uche perhaps still there and MacLeans contract up in May, he’s not going to play and he’s a prime candidate for releasing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

SectionDJambo

The previous targets of Levein probably aren't on Stendel's list. Unless Austin MacPhee has convinced him otherwise. More likely Daniel will go for guys he knows and is confident of a positive performance from.

Osman Sow cannot remotely pass the test of not being "injured every fortnight".

The Olly Lee situation could be interesting though. Either coming back or getting cash for him?

Just now, Cruyff said:

He did but if we bring in another striker, with Washington &! Naisy back, Uche perhaps still there and MacLeans contract up in May, he’s not going to play and he’s a prime candidate for releasing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

True enough. Not sure how happy SMc is at the club so could be right. 

babertonjambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I can see it now. We release McLean, he goes back to St Johnstone and hits a scoring spree to keep them up at our expense 😂

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

2-3k probably? Actually probably 3-4k

So well within our pay scales. I had heard we had put in a decent sized bid for a striker down south. Given his contract is up in summer he was the obvious one I thought of. Think they paid about £400k for him but with only five months to go on contract we wouldn’t even have to pay half of that I’d think. If he hasn’t renewed .by now I’m assuming it means he is leaving? 

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The previous targets of Levein probably aren't on Stendel's list. Unless Austin MacPhee has convinced him otherwise. More likely Daniel will go for guys he knows and is confident of a positive performance from.

Osman Sow cannot remotely pass the test of not being "injured every fortnight".

The Olly Lee situation could be interesting though. Either coming back or getting cash for him?

Gillingham haven’t paid cash for a player for about three years so unlikely to now I’d guess. I don’t think Lee has the engine for Stendel style of football either so wouldn’t surprise me if he is just freed. 

38 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

everyone is entitled to their opinion

I was right about Berra months before people saw it on here.

I might be right about Zeefuik too

This is a genuine question - zeefuik spent less than 6 months at hearts, 5 (five) years ago, playing in a dominant championship side filled with players who bossed it for hearts longer than he did. Why are you so obsessed with him?

oh and for those mentioning sow he has played for both dundee utd and killie this season so that wuld rule him out due to the only playing for two clubs rule in a season

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So well within our pay scales. I had heard we had put in a decent sized bid for a striker down south. Given his contract is up in summer he was the obvious one I thought of. Think they paid about £400k for him but with only five months to go on contract we wouldn’t even have to pay half of that I’d think. If he hasn’t renewed .by now I’m assuming it means he is leaving? 

I think they paid slightly more than that but yeah I would say about £200k. Since the owner negotiates all the contracts himself nobody ever gets any inside info 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

You know why. Search your feelings.

For some reason I now want us to sign Lee Miller permanently.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Played with Dundee Utd. Levein was after him but he chose Burton over us. 

If Levein was after him probably a sure fire sign we should look elsewhere 

23 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

I think the 8 leaving will be:

Bobby

Smith (to Stoke)

Hickey (back on loan)

White

Mulraney

Wighton

Naismith (Killie manager)

Whelan

In:

The 4 Stoke players

Boyce

Good start ! 

Get rid of our two best players 🤔

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

everyone is entitled to their opinion

I was right about Berra months before people saw it on here.

I might be right about Zeefuik too

When did Zeefuick last play?

Only ex-player who would fit Stendel’s game plan would be Callum Paterson. A six month loan deal could be ideal for both parties if he’s not getting much game time at Cardiff. They can have Damour back ...

Just now, GinRummy said:

How so?

Burton are owned by a top english brewery I heard and pay rather big wages compared to scottish clubs" that's the attraction of going there etc ,Fraser got far bigger wages there than previously,as did Boyce.. 

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

A right few quid,compared to what we would offer,,

They have a comparable wage bill to Hearts with only the obscene sky money to even get close to the income we make.

4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Burton are owned by a top english brewery I heard and pay rather big wages compared to scottish clubs" that's the attraction of going there etc ,Fraser got far bigger wages there than previously,as did Boyce.. 

thanks 👍

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If Levein was after him probably a sure fire sign we should look elsewhere 

Correct.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

thanks 👍

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They have a comparable wage bill to Hearts with only the obscene sky money to even get close to the income we make.

5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

@Notts1874 did you not say likely 3-4k at Burton. If anyone will know it would be you

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Probably because he is the only player that never gets injured - can't think of any other reason TBH

1 minute ago, sadj said:

@Notts1874 did you not say likely 3-4k at Burton. If anyone will know it would be you

I wouldn't really know'  but itl be around 5k a wk I'd reckon or summit like that,,,saying that burton are running at a loss this season with over 1200 of a gate less than last term ,

16 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Burton are not owned by a Brewery and never have been. They don't pay rather big wages in fact they have one of the smallest budgets in League One.

9 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

I wouldn't really know'  but itl be around 5k a wk I'd reckon or summit like that,,,saying that burton are running at a loss this season with over 1200 of a gate less than last term ,

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

I will just let others make stuff up. Its much more fun.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Burton are not owned by a Brewery and never have been. They don't pay rather big wages in fact they have one of the smallest budgets in League One.

According to the papers Burton had a "modest" playing budget of £8m last season in the Championship (the lowest in the league), with an average attendance of 4,700. That's everything that's wrong with English football right there.

No wonder Scottish teams are increasingly looking to English league 1 and 2 clubs, as well as losing players to those leagues and the Championship.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

According to the papers Burton had a "modest" playing budget of £8m last season in the Championship (the lowest in the league), with an average attendance of 4,700. That's everything that's wrong with English football right there.

No wonder Scottish teams are increasingly looking to English league 1 and 2 clubs, as well as losing players to those leagues and the Championship.

Burton is the wrong example I'm afraid but your general point is correct. You need to remember that Burton were a Championship team when Boyce signed.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Burton on trent brewery hasn't got anything to do with them then?

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Burton is the wrong example I'm afraid but your general point is correct. You need to remember that Burton were a Championship team when Boyce signed.

It's a great example to illustrate what Scottish clubs are up against. Burton seem to be one of the more sensible teams but 8m is Aberdeen level of wages here, and an unusually high-paying Aberdeen, and that's a club with the only aim of surviving in the Championship. Either way, English football in general pays way more and not just in the Championship. Always remember Andy Kirk tripling his wages to sign for Boston Utd in League Two and Adam Rooney signing for Salford in league 2 for money from one of our top paying clubs. Craziness. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

thanks 👍

My mistake gr   burtton are owned by a Preston company summit like edl digital ? My mistake ,,,think burton is sponsored by a brewer ,,,