The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

We really need a sharp front man to hit the ground running. Since DS has come in we’re getting the ball into the box more but need a poacher to start finishing the moves.

In Stendel I trust, another Stockton or the like might see us relegated! 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

41 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

We really need a sharp front man to hit the ground running. Since DS has come in we’re getting the ball into the box more but need a poacher to start finishing the moves.

In Stendel I trust, another Stockton or the like might see us relegated! 

How's Vanacek playing?  😊

RustyRightPeg
Just now, davemclaren said:

By Levein I hear. 😎🤷🏼‍♂️😊

I'd love to think you're joking here, but something tells me you aren't 😅

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I am. 😎

None the less, I'm delighted they aren't messing around. Whoever done the tour.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Attracting attention from much larger clubs I believe 

Could be but hasn’t been getting a start recently, including yesterday. They may not sell in January now anyway because their star striker got crocked yesterday. 

Franksluckypants
57 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's about the Jan transfer window so WTF difference does a 5 year plan matter meantime?  You're trying to shit stir.

The same guy(s) may be helping in the process but they're not dictating it.  DS will be doing that and AM will be doing the donkey work for him to acquire who/what he wants until a SD is appointed.

I know you want CL to beat it but what has this got to do with the Jan window?  There have been numerous other threads on that issue.  So far as I am aware he is involved in matters to do with the academy etc and reviewing our medical set-up and has no influence on current 1st team matters.

Do us a favour and give it a good rest.

I'm rubbish at stirring...continually burn my mince!

You appear to be completely incapable of reading any posts that mention CL without feeling the need to jump to his defence? Very odd behaviour from a Hearts fan. The subject and numerous threads concerning CL are tedious I absolutely agree, but whilst he is still involved, I can't see that ceasing? The degree of his involvement in the recruitment process is up for debate. You obviously don't know, nor do I.

We need to bring new guys in - I think even you might agree with that...perhaps not though, as logic doesn't appear to be your strong point? The new recruits will either be temporary till the end of the season, or signed on a longer contract, and hence where a medium to long term plan comes into play? Do you understand that? (Retorical, as I ain't wanting an answer 😉 - got some mouldy wine to put on).

'So far as I'm aware'...suggests you have no idea if there is or is not any involvement in first team matters. Hopefully the latter!

I'm taking your advice and away for a rest! Hope you do likewise!

3 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

If zeefuik were to fall over he ain’t never getting back up again. 

The pitch would also have a sink hole to add to the lack of grass.

LarrysRightFoot
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be but hasn’t been getting a start recently, including yesterday. They may not sell in January now anyway because their star striker got crocked yesterday. 

He is their star striker. He’s not been starting because he is just returning from injury.

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He is their star striker. He’s not been starting because he is just returning from injury.

Maybe not a star but certainly nothing much to choose between them. However Bonne has a serious hammy injury and will be out for weeks so can’t see Bowyer letting both go. Non issue now 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I hear it’s a Nigerian player, Bakko Denett? 

Think Norwich are in for him 

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe not a star but certainly nothing much to choose between them. However Bonne has a serious hammy injury and will be out for weeks so can’t see Bowyer letting both go. Non issue now 

Yeh neither are what you call stars. All I was meaning was Taylor has been Charlton’s main man the last couple of seasons. 

Anyway with the interest in him he wouldn’t be on our radar. 

9 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Yeh neither are what you call stars. All I was meaning was Taylor has been Charlton’s main man the last couple of seasons. 

Anyway with the interest in him he wouldn’t be on our radar. 

Maybe but no new contract signed and injury made me think we might get him on loan. Missed an opportunity to sign him a few years ago. 

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, kila said:

Contingency plan: sign Zeefuik now, get him fit by the summer then he'll be ready to help rip up the Championship again

Woahahahahah 😂😂🍣🥮🍕🍟🍔.....FIT aye right.

3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Striker shown around today 

That narrows the list down by quite a bit as there is a full English fixture list tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Franksluckypants said:

I'm rubbish at stirring...continually burn my mince!

You appear to be completely incapable of reading any posts that mention CL without feeling the need to jump to his defence? Very odd behaviour from a Hearts fan. The subject and numerous threads concerning CL are tedious I absolutely agree, but whilst he is still involved, I can't see that ceasing? The degree of his involvement in the recruitment process is up for debate. You obviously don't know, nor do I.

We need to bring new guys in - I think even you might agree with that...perhaps not though, as logic doesn't appear to be your strong point? The new recruits will either be temporary till the end of the season, or signed on a longer contract, and hence where a medium to long term plan comes into play? Do you understand that? (Retorical, as I ain't wanting an answer 😉 - got some mouldy wine to put on).

'So far as I'm aware'...suggests you have no idea if there is or is not any involvement in first team matters. Hopefully the latter!

I'm taking your advice and away for a rest! Hope you do likewise!

That is a really intelligent observation to make on a thread relating to transfers so I can well understand your claim to the high ground in logic -  and then you go on to excel yourself by saying the new recruits will be signed temporarily or on a longer contracr.  Who would have thought that?

"So far as I am aware" relates to what AB suggested at the AGM and what has been reported elsewhere including on here.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hannover-96/kader/verein/42/saison_id/2016/plus/1

This is Stendel's squad at Hannover, by the way. None of the potentially available striking options seem particularly appealing.

Babacar Gueye, who isn't getting a game for Paderborn and is out of contract at the end of the season, might be the best bet if we're after any of them. He doesn't seem like a goalscorer by any stretch of the imagination, though.

Artur Sobiech looks better but seems to be getting a game and is contracted until 2021. There are reports of 2. Bundesliga clubs being interested in him, though.

Edited by DC_92

24 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hannover-96/kader/verein/42/saison_id/2016/plus/1

This is Stendel's squad at Hannover, by the way. None of the potentially available striking options seem particularly appealing.

Babacar Gueye, who isn't getting a game for Paderborn and is out of contract at the end of the season, might be the best bet if we're after any of them. He doesn't seem like a goalscorer by any stretch of the imagination, though.

Artur Sobiech looks better but seems to be getting a game and is contracted until 2021. There are reports of 2. Bundesliga clubs being interested in him, though.

Actually, I looked a bit more into Sobiech and seems he is set to leave in January so he maybe is a possibility. A couple of other familiar names in the article below.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/pilka-nozna/861275/pko-ekstraklasa-lechia-gdansk-robi-porzadki-w-kadrze-slawomir-peszko-i-artur-sob

Again, not exactly a goalscorer.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That’s quite an ironic post given we went so crazy with our spending that we ended up in admInistration and were very nearly liquidated.  Of all clubs I’m not sure we should be the one to lecture others on sensible spending for a good few more years at least.   

Talking about the game as a whole. We’ve learned our lessons and have moved to a more sustainable model, with a couple of exceptions (D Utd and Rangers). English football is heading for the abyss. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more and more clubs get into serious trouble.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Talking about the game as a whole. We’ve learned our lessons and have moved to a more sustainable model, with a couple of exceptions (D Utd and Rangers). English football is heading for the abyss. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more and more clubs get into serious trouble.

Yeah fair enough, I think the English Championship in particular is waiting to collapse.  Too many ‘big’ clubs gambling on getting into the EPL and if they fail it will be curtains.  I predict Sheffield Wednesday will be the first to go into Admin....

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

If he was black... yes, probably. 

They're looking to offload him. I'd rather it was Cauley Woodrow, or Conor Chaplin. Nae chance of them though.😬

With the two you mention, and Jacob Brown we’ve got three fantastic first team strikers, in our U23S we’ve got a 20 year old scoring and assisting every week, a real live wire, unbelievably natural finisher, but with them three in front of him he’ll struggle to get first team game time, if it’s him you’ve got, you’ll not be disappointed, until he as to come back that is. given the right coaching, and first team experience, he’ll be a top striker in time. 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

With the two you mention, and Jacob Brown we’ve got three fantastic first team strikers, in our U23S we’ve got a 20 year old scoring and assisting every week, a real live wire, unbelievably natural finisher, but with them three in front of him he’ll struggle to get first team game time, if it’s him you’ve got, you’ll not be disappointed, until he as to come back that is. given the right coaching, and first team experience, he’ll be a top striker in time. 

Very interesting.

Can you see the club letting us have anyone on loan considering the public fall out during Daniel's appointment?

6 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Ffs what’s the point

got a text from an unknown person from an unknown number who was told in an unnamed pub by an unnamed guy..think thats how it works on here 🤣

34 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

With the court case over Stendel to come I cannot Barnsley dealing with us. Just my opinion of course.

For that reason I'd guess the player(if any) being shown round could be Diouf from Stoke whom McPhee reportedly watched last weekend.

There was a report in the Sun (so it must be true) in April that he was unsettled there and wanted out.  A loan spell with us might suit him and of course DS knows him from Barnsley.

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

For that reason I'd guess the player(if any) being shown round could be Diouf from Stoke whom McPhee reportedly watched last weekend.

There was a report in the Sun (so it must be true) in April that he was unsettled there and wanted out.  A loan spell with us might suit him and of course DS knows him from Barnsley.

FWIW I think he’d be a great signing. Him and a fit Washington will provide the required energy and directness for DS’s style.

33 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

got a text from an unknown person from an unknown number who was told in an unnamed pub by an unnamed guy..think thats how it works on here 🤣

As I say what is the point of posting this shit?

16 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

FWIW I think he’d be a great signing. Him and a fit Washington will provide the required energy and directness for DS’s style.

Arguably more than we could have hoped for, decent player who’s lost his way a bit but would tear this league up

43 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Very interesting.

Can you see the club letting us have anyone on loan considering the public fall out during Daniel's appointment?

obviously the relationship between Stendel and the board broke down towards the end, but you have to do what’s best for the club, selling you fringe players, is a no brainier, as is loaning you up and coming youngsters. 

The reason Stendel was appointed BFC head coach in the first place, is because the board believed he could get the team playing the style of football we want to play, and that he could develop young players into better players, no matter what’s happened since he proved he could do what they wanted him to do. And even though he’s now Hearts head coach we could still use him to develop our youngsters if we wanted to, and I can’t see why we wouldn’t. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

obviously the relationship between Stendel and the board broke down towards the end, but you have to do what’s best for the club, selling you fringe players, is a no brainier, as is loaning you up and coming youngsters. 

The reason Stendel was appointed BFC head coach in the first place, is because the board believed he could get the team playing the style of football we want to play, and that he could develop young players into better players, no matter what’s happened since he proved he could do what they wanted him to do. And even though he’s now Hearts head coach we could still use him to develop our youngsters if we wanted to, and I can’t see why we wouldn’t. 

Fair points 👍