The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

👍🏻 that would make sense with the “expansion” comment , thanking you , As you were on Boyce and Burton Albion sir 🤘🏻

Mary Queen of Scots kicked about around here for a while and of course Bonnie Prince Charlie turned on his heels just up the road.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Zeefuicks name should be banned and starred out like a swear word.

I think Zeefuik is a French swear word so think your right about that

I’m stunned that there are still some people who think Zeefuik is the answer to our striking problems. 😂😂

We’ll just ignore that he’s not had a club in over two years will we? 😂😂

It surprises me not that our pal in Hamilton is one of these people.

Edited by iantjambo

11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Gillingham haven’t paid cash for a player for about three years so unlikely to now I’d guess. I don’t think Lee has the engine for Stendel style of football either so wouldn’t surprise me if he is just freed. 

Not every player will be pressing the ball at the same time. The pressing game also relies on closing down space and the best way to do that is to occupy the space. Players pressing and no space for the opposing player to run/pass into is what creates mistakes.

Lee has good positional sense, range of passing, and can hit a dead ball. While we will need to bring in new players finance also dictate we will have to make best use of what is available to us.  I can see Stendel using Lee. There are far worse players at the club currently. 

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

"Be a Bass Export, Expert!" As the TV Advert stated in the 70s.

"Catch the Bass Special and get there today!" was the other advert. Some guys getting on a bus to the pub.

Anyway bring on Boyce. Think he would do well for us.

Brighton Jambo
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Really? English football has gone mad and the bubble has to pop some time. I'm delighted we (outwith the OF) haven't gone there and are instead trying to be sustainable.

That’s quite an ironic post given we went so crazy with our spending that we ended up in admInistration and were very nearly liquidated.  Of all clubs I’m not sure we should be the one to lecture others on sensible spending for a good few more years at least.   

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Not every player will be pressing the ball at the same time. The pressing game also relies on closing down space and the best way to do that is to occupy the space. Players pressing and no space for the opposing player to run/pass into is what creates mistakes.

Lee has good positional sense, range of passing, and can hit a dead ball. While we will need to bring in new players finance also dictate we will have to make best use of what is available to us.  I can see Stendel using Lee. There are far worse players at the club currently. 

Olly Lee was consistently 5 yards short of where you wanted him to be.

8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Olly Lee was consistently 5 yards short of where you wanted him to be.

Sure I read the guy was directly involved in 18 goals last season which is pretty impressive seeing as he hardly got a sniff of a game 2nd half of the season.

The Future's Maroon
12 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Zeefuicks name should be banned and starred out like a swear word.

Very much so. Yes he done the job in a six month spell, in the division below, five yrs ago. He doesn’t have a club currently or for the last couple of yrs...he is probably retired from football.

Maybe folk just do it for a giggle?

33 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Very much so. Yes he done the job in a six month spell, in the division below, five yrs ago. He doesn’t have a club currently or for the last couple of yrs...he is probably retired from football.

Maybe folk just do it for a giggle?

Played 8 games in early 2017 in Holland's second tier, never kicked a ball in anger since.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Sure I read the guy was directly involved in 18 goals last season which is pretty impressive seeing as he hardly got a sniff of a game 2nd half of the season.

Yeah but don’t let facts get in the way of a good witch hunt. Olly Lee, in the style Stendel wants will be great. Let’s just hope the bridge hasn’t been burnt due to Levein. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

ofcourse!

you seriously don't think so?

Are you seriously suggesting that fat Zeefuik (who hasn’t played professional football in over two years) and Osman Foam Legs Sow (completely flopped at an average Killie team) would improve our team? You actually believe that? To the point you’d replace Uche and Washington with those two? ???

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Are you seriously suggesting that fat Zeefuik (who hasn’t played professional football in over two years) and Osman Foam Legs Sow (completely flopped at an average Killie team) would improve our team? You actually believe that? To the point you’d replace Uche and Washington with those two? ???

yeh - give them a run of games and they will probably score more in 2 months than those 2 have all season

Uche just runs around and falls over

Washington doesn't score

Edited by Natural Orders

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

ofcourse!

you seriously don't think so?

I don’t. Sow is forever injured and Zeefuik has retired. The 2 players who played in the Championship for us could do a job but so could Robbo, JC, Sandy Clark in their heyday.

Let’s look forward 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah but don’t let facts get in the way of a good witch hunt. Olly Lee, in the style Stendel wants will be great. Let’s just hope the bridge hasn’t been burnt due to Levein. 

Not a fan of Lee but a type we didn't replace. Irving I think is better,  but young and inconsistent. I said on another thread I'd play Irving every week before Sunday. 

Lee would be useful to back up Irving. 

We need every available option. 

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

yeh - give them a run of games and they will probably score more in 2 months than those 2 have all season

Washington doesn't score

If zeefuik were to fall over he ain’t never getting back up again. 

18 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think that it is more likely that he has very little options at the moment. He tries hard no doubt but I would expect Stendel to be improving that area of the team.

Yeah that's probably a more accurate way of putting it. 

20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not a fan of Lee but a type we didn't replace. Irving I think is better,  but young and inconsistent. I said on another thread I'd play Irving every week before Sunday. 

Lee would be useful to back up Irving. 

We need every available option. 

I think Lee was mega effective when we where playing on the front foot and attacking teams. He started to fall out matches when we focused on going backwards and being hard to beat. I think he also has a goal in him, something our midfield just now is lacking. Irving has loads of potential as well. 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Contingency plan: sign Zeefuik now, get him fit by the summer then he'll be ready to help rip up the Championship again

Fit by which summer ?

3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Fit by which summer ?

We still signed Aidy White and the likes of Walker and Naismith are probably more injury prone than him

If we can'tr get Davies from Stoke then i'd go for Bachmann from Watford, out of contract in the summer so either cut price deal or loan

40 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Washington doesn't score

What a daft call, Sow has scored 0 in 10 this season, he's already played for 2 clubs and cant play for a third until next season, while Zeefuik doesn't even play professional football any more.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

We still signed Aidy White and the likes of Walker and Naismith are probably more injury prone than him

Was merely joking about how long it would take to get Zeefuik fit.

Think you , somehow , managed to miss the point ?

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

do you think it may be an idea to sign players who are fit and ready to go.

Having Stendel and no knowledge of Scottish footie, we might actually end up with some good players rather than the has beens of hearts and other Scottish teams. Will be interesting to see what unfolds 

Franksluckypants
23 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It's looking like another "kick the club" post.  Levein oot.  Budge oot.

To me it's looking like we could be on an upward trajectory but some people want to  pour cold water on things,  Eh?

I'm saving the cold water for the luney dook the morra...

Kick the club? Na don't think so. IMO it's your type of attitude that is harming the club, not mine. You do realise that CL is not Hearts do you? I just want the guy who is responsible for this mess to beat it. (At no point did I say, suggest or infer that AB leave the club). Don't think that's too much to ask, but obviously you disagree. Fair enough.

I certainly hope and think we are on an upward trajectory, but surely you can see the dangers of having the same guy(s) involved in that process? I don't want previous failure repeated.

Anyway have a Happy New Year and here's to a successful 2020 for the JT's!

1 hour ago, kila said:

Contingency plan: sign Zeefuik now, get him fit by the summer then he'll be ready to help rip up the Championship again

Has he ever been fit? 

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Striker shown around today 

Boyce, Taylor or whom?  British or foreign? 

Edited by soonbe110

27 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Not lafferty then as he already knows his way around....

Lafferty doesn’t fit for the Stendel press model. Great goal scorer but doesn’t work hard for the team and doesn’t pass to team-mates very often 

Edited by soonbe110

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Bristol City, we tried to sign him from Bristol Rovers many moons ago.

I remember him. Seems to be at Oxford on loan and playing regularly, though.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Lyle Taylor, Charlton 

Absolutely no chance.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Lyle Taylor, Charlton 

Attracting attention from much larger clubs I believe 

Holyrood_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Bristol City, we tried to sign him from Bristol Rovers many moons ago.

Matt Taylor? Isn’t he at Oxford now?

5 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Matt Taylor? Isn’t he at Oxford now?

6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I remember him. Seems to be at Oxford on loan and playing regularly, though.

Absolutely no chance.

Nae idea, I just assumed it was him. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Franksluckypants said:

I'm saving the cold water for the luney dook the morra...

Kick the club? Na don't think so. IMO it's your type of attitude that is harming the club, not mine. You do realise that CL is not Hearts do you? I just want the guy who is responsible for this mess to beat it. (At no point did I say, suggest or infer that AB leave the club). Don't think that's too much to ask, but obviously you disagree. Fair enough.

I certainly hope and think we are on an upward trajectory, but surely you can see the dangers of having the same guy(s) involved in that process? I don't want previous failure repeated.

Anyway have a Happy New Year and here's to a successful 2020 for the JT's!

It's about the Jan transfer window so WTF difference does a 5 year plan matter meantime?  You're trying to shit stir.

The same guy(s) may be helping in the process but they're not dictating it.  DS will be doing that and AM will be doing the donkey work for him to acquire who/what he wants until a SD is appointed.

I know you want CL to beat it but what has this got to do with the Jan window?  There have been numerous other threads on that issue.  So far as I am aware he is involved in matters to do with the academy etc and reviewing our medical set-up and has no influence on current 1st team matters.

Do us a favour and give it a good rest.

5 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Not bad for someone consistently 5 yards off where you want him to be!